Cannabis News

Gunky

Weed GMO's (not the strain) are coming

I gotta ask... is not being able to grow cannabis fast enough a problem that needs solving? It literally grows like... a weed. And there's such a glut in some States it's literally crashing the market.
Well, they've located a gene that affects flowering. The site is hyping it as "driving breakthroughs", which is skating about as close to false as you can get... I'll fix it: could conceivably drive breakthroughs. And it could be quite a while before anyone comes up with a cultivar that has the desired enhancements without undesired side-effects.

Ethylene, btw, is the female hormone in cannabis. It gets suppressed by compounds like silver thiosulfate, causing male flowers to appear.

Last edited:

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Does anybody really think the dea is gonna roll over for DJ Trumpery? so he can score ratings?
Isn’t the DEA already moving to reduce weed to a less restricted classification?

It’s 100% a ratings stunt, he announced support for legalisation around the same time Harris surged in the polls and when he also announced support for free IVF for everyone and vague statements about being against banning abortion. I sincerely doubt he even thought about supporting this beyond “I must win, so I’ll just throw popular ideas out and hope something sticks”

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Isn’t the DEA already moving to reduce weed to a less restricted classification?
There was a bill to reclassify weed to a sched 3 controlled substance instead of sched 1. Huge legislation that would've been a step in the right direction but the Trump stacked supreme court blocked it just recently. Now he's pro-weed because he's lagging in the polls and fears he's losing momentum. Shameless flip-flop.
It’s 100% a ratings stunt, he announced support for legalisation around the same time Harris surged in the polls and when he also announced support for free IVF for everyone and vague statements about being against banning abortion. I sincerely doubt he even thought about supporting this beyond “I must win, so I’ll just throw popular ideas out and hope something sticks”
He is the definition of a demagogue. He could care less about political lines. He'll do or say whatever it takes to get elected. He traffics in power and influence via thuggery.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
There was a bill to reclassify weed to a sched 3 controlled substance instead of sched 1. Huge legislation that would've been a step in the right direction but the Trump stacked supreme court blocked it just recently.
Oh really, do you happen to remember roughly when that happened? I figured that was going to happen, but I think I missed that.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Oh really, do you happen to remember roughly when that happened? I figured that was going to happen, but I think I missed that.
https://mjbizdaily.com/will-supreme-court-chevron-ruling-affect-marijuana-rescheduling/

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,
Reactions: Octavia

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Ah, that was a house budgetary committee not the Supreme Court, though I wouldn’t be surprised if their overturning of the Chevron doctrine might be invoked.

From Forbes and the DEA’s site it sounds like things are still proceeding, there’s a public hearing for reclassification scheduled for December 2nd (link is a pdf of pure legalese, relevant section is top of page 2):

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Ah, that was a house budgetary committee not the Supreme Court, though I wouldn’t be surprised if their overturning of the Chevron doctrine might be invoked.

From Forbes and the DEA’s site it sounds like things are still proceeding, there’s a public hearing for reclassification scheduled for December 2nd (link is a pdf of pure legalese, relevant section is top of page 2):

Yeah, sorry I amended my post above with the very overturning of the Chevron doctrine. 40 years of precedent just ignored. Ridiculous.

TigoleBitties,
  • Sad
Reactions: Octavia
Top Bottom