Cannabis News

Gunky

Cities and municipalities got greedy taxing weed and the black market thrives 😉, I wonder why 🤣 ?
In some cases, such as California, consumers got greedy, wanted "legalization" asap, took a deep breath, closed their eyes and approved a terrible initiative that locked in hard-coded tax levels, plant numbers and other inflexible errors. Everything else that has happened there followed from that initial stupidity.

florduh

I wish the UK gvt was that stupid too! I'm fucking fed up of being a criminal!

While I agree with literally all of the criticisms of our legalization, a little perspective is nice. America has the best weed situation on planet Earth.

Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA

Gunky

I wish the UK gvt was that stupid too! I'm fucking fed up of being a criminal!
The pre-"legalization" situation in California was not a choice between criminality and legalization. We already had medical marijuana, which was available to anybody willing to pay a doctor $50 for a recommendation letter. If you got caught with cannabis and didn't have a letter, the fine was $100 or something like that. Consumers rushed to approve a flawed initiative written by rich people who wanted to make a killing off legalized marijuana. You see the results.

florduh

The pre-"legalization" situation in California was not a choice between criminality and legalization. We already had medical marijuana, which was available to anybody willing to pay a doctor $50 for a recommendation letter. If you got caught with cannabis and didn't have a letter, the fine was $100 or something like that. Consumers rushed to approve a flawed initiative written by rich people who wanted to make a killing off legalized marijuana. You see the results.

Prop 215 really was The Golden Age.

florduh,
Reactions: JBone65

florduh

For me the golden age was the 70's. It was illegal and cops would bust your ass if they caught you, but we could get things like Nepalese temple ball hash. Mmmm...

I literally never bought weed until I was 26. Within an hour I drove to a doctor, paid my $50, went to a dispensary, had a chick with a nose ring fish an eighth out of a big jar with chopsticks, and was back home again.

The place was intermittently shut down by the cops too. Oh and it had a guy wearing tacticool body armor in the corner with some kind of rifle as security.

Those were the days :disgust:

CANtalk

:peace: :leaf:

florduh

florduh,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
While I agree with literally all of the criticisms of our legalization, a little perspective is nice. America has the best weed situation on planet Earth.

I'm an American up in Canada(Newfoundland) for several months per usual, as I've owned a little remote place here for more than 25 years. You are dead wrong about America having the best weed situation on the planet! :brow: Up here its legal nationally and in each province. One of my friends has a huge bag of buds and like two pounds of cannabutter that they took home legally on an airplane! from a farming friend of their's further west. Admittedly I'm not familiar with the situation in provinces other than those in the Maritimes. But around here, particularly for some reason in Nova Scotia, the quality of the product is the best I've ever seen anywhere, USA or CA. The prices have gone down and are now better than my two nearby legal states in the US. So decent to low prices and simply outstanding flower and concentrates. Only item that seems to be a little better in the states is edibles. Of course the US could do better if it elected a D President...Hahaha! F the phony "Christian" R prohibitionists.

Gunky

I'm an American up in Canada(Newfoundland) for several months per usual, as I've owned a little remote place here for more than 25 years. You are dead wrong about America having the best weed situation on the planet! :brow: Up here its legal nationally and in each province. One of my friends has a huge bag of buds and like two pounds of cannabutter that they took home legally on an airplane! from a farming friend of their's further west. Admittedly I'm not familiar with the situation in provinces other than those in the Maritimes. But around here, particularly for some reason in Nova Scotia, the quality of the product is the best I've ever seen anywhere, USA or CA. The prices have gone down and are now better than my two nearby legal states in the US. So decent to low prices and simply outstanding flower and concentrates. Only item that seems to be a little better in the states is edibles. Of course the US could do better if it elected a D President...Hahaha! F the phony "Christian" R prohibitionists.
Years ago I used to visit some friends in Vancouver BC. I would always take a walk around Gastown and buy some stuff on the street. I don't know if it was strictly legal back then but it was looked at with an indulgent eye by the authorities. Some pretty great weed, too.

Gunky,

Knewt

I gave @florduh a pass on that statement because Canada is part of the Americas. But being a very self centered country like we are, we have turned America into only meaning the US of A.

Knewt,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

Ohhh man, I'm so fucking stupid. You're 100% right. In my defense, I completely forgot Canada exists :shrug:

In the past, I've considered moving there. It's the only place outside of the US with a good weed situation. But then I figured, once the frozen north starts melting and exposing mining opportunities, we'll end up annexing it anyway. Around the same population as Cali after all.

Happy Fourth of July!

July 4 Usa GIF

Gunky

Ohhh man, I'm so fucking stupid. You're 100% right. In my defense, I completely forgot Canada exists :shrug:

In the past, I've considered moving there. It's the only place outside of the US with a good weed situation. But then I figured, once the frozen north starts melting and exposing mining opportunities, we'll end up annexing it anyway. Around the same population as Cali after all.

Happy Fourth of July!

July 4 Usa GIF
The Netherlands has an excellent weed situation. Brazil just legalized nationally.

Gunky,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
In the past, I've considered moving there. It's the only place outside of the US with a good weed situation. But then I figured, once the frozen north starts melting and exposing mining opportunities, we'll end up annexing it anyway.
Right from my nightmares to your keyboard. I laughed when I read it but I've long thought about how much sense it makes.

Dude. Just get your shit straight politically because the US is giving me a heart attack. Convicted felon who started an insurrection (oh, and accuses others of treason 🤣) and lies more than a rug runs for office again!? I don't wanna be friends with these guys.

You seem like a good dude. Don't know how you manage up in florduh.

Edit: And yeah, the orange menace stacking the Supreme Court has fucked over the move to Sched III as well. He's a dream.

florduh

Thanks. But I travel pretty constantly for work so I'm not there much anymore. My sister lives in my townhouse but when she moves out I'm selling before the housing market there starts dipping and moving elsewhere.

Honestly, there's only really 3 States in the US: City, Suburb, and Rural. People in cities are the same pretty much everywhere. Same with Suburbs/Boonies. Some exceptions of course.

I love British Columbia and yes, the cannabis situation in the Great North is awesome. Particularly, the mail order situation. We've sort of went that way when Mitch McConnell accidentally legalized weed with the Hemp Bill. But the quality isn't the same as what you find in dispos and there's a lot of fly-by-night operations. I also see them cracking down on that in the near future.

THCA saves my ass when I'm in a Slave State city for an extend period of time though. I get rosin shipped to the hotel front desk :dog:

The Netherlands has an excellent weed situation. Brazil just legalized nationally.

@Gunky that's cool I didn't know that about Brazil. I'm a big fan of fancy concentrates. It takes a while for those sort of markets to establish to the same place as the fully legal States here in the US.

Believe me, I support other countries legalizing and liberalizing cannabis ASAP. Nice to have an exit strategy!

florduh,

JBone65

Right from my nightmares to your keyboard. I laughed when I read it but I've long thought about how much sense it makes.

Dude. Just get your shit straight politically because the US is giving me a heart attack. Convicted felon who started an insurrection (oh, and accuses others of treason 🤣) and lies more than a rug runs for office again!? I don't wanna be friends with these guys.

Edit: And yeah, the orange menace stacking the Supreme Court has fucked over the move to Sched III as well. He's a dream.
I hope not but I can't shake the feeling that the "fix" might be "in" with regard to Trump winning or stealing the upcoming election. Sleepy Joe kicked him to the curb once before but not sure he's still capable after what happened at the debate.

The entire GOP has been radicalized, certain state governments are being radicalized, election processes are being infiltrated, the supreme court is apparently on board, etc. It's not just the US. Putin is supposedly using his $100B+ dirty money kitty to fund authoritarian takeovers worldwide. Putin money and organizations use every means to misinform and stir up controversy discontent, disenchantment, hatred, the religious right, anti-dem sentiment, etc. The Ukraine war is still pretty small but it's WWIII to Putin. Trump stopped aid to Ukraine for awhile, but not now. Anyway, I think Putin probably has kompromat on Tump via his well publicized friendship with Jeffrey E. 30 years ago. Search: Vox 13501364

This is hard to read but it could reveal what's driving Trump. Anyway, it's stranger than fiction and I didn't make it up...

Last edited:

florduh

What's everybody complaining about? If you don't like the corpse or the cartoonish criminal game show host, there's a secret third option: the dumbest Kennedy, with literal brain worms. Who's currently fighting off cannibalism allegations.

Happy Birthday, America!

florduh,
Top Bottom