Cannabis News UK

blackstone

blackstone

Only in a place that enforces prohibition, will you find synthetic cannabis containing sweets that can kill in one dose.
Synthetic cannabinoids, and the acts of obtaining all cannabis products illicitly, allowing maximum profit for the sellers and with no standards, advice, warning, or care for the consumers at point of sale, are direct results of an enforced prohibition.
And no matter how much you "tighten the screw" or "clamp down" at this stage in the game, you are never completely discouraging or eliminating its use or harm in its street form.

One attitude that we are often faced with even at government level and that I have come across a lot comes to mind, it's one of "Tough luck if one, or a few, of our population gets sick or dies from it, they shouldn't be consuming it anyway as it's illegal"
Well we need to move past that and keep our people alive while they should be.

R.I.P to the girl.

56322371-10694861-Damilola-Grace-Olakanmi-is-kissed-goodbye-in-hospital-by-her-mot-a-13-164931323549.jpg

Nice to know the police have issued another warning, which should help with all future incidents like this....

florduh

One attitude that we are often faced with even at government level and that I have come across a lot comes to mind, it's one of "Tough luck if one, or a few, of our population gets sick or dies from it, they shouldn't be consuming it anyway as it's illegal"

It's funny how different people can see things completely differently. From my perspective, this woman was murdered by her own government. They created a totally deranging and alienating society over the past 50 years. No wonder people feel the need to take drugs to keep from going insane. Then they criminalized one of the safest drugs. This incentivizes criminals to pump out poisonous shit like synthetic noids.

WelshBrok

It's funny how different people can see things completely differently. From my perspective, this woman was murdered by her own government. They created a totally deranging and alienating society over the past 50 years. No wonder people feel the need to take drugs to keep from going insane. Then they criminalized one of the safest drugs. This incentivizes criminals to pump out poisonous shit like synthetic noids.
Yeah this is how I see it as well. The U.K. government is the single biggest supporter of organised crime in the U.K.

Through prohibition they are indirectly deregulating a potentially harmful market, supporting organised crime through 0 tax and then through policing they are even making that market more violent as for each “gang” they take out they create a power vacuum where the never ending replacements assert dominance through violence.

So they create an illegal market, don’t tax it and then spend our tax to ensure it’s as violent and often fatal as possible.

Nina

I agree, this is yet another failure of gvt to regulate for the benefit of the people, instead they try to regulate for the benefit of themselves & those like them, I dont know how this problem can be solved, when people have power and are elevated in status they tend to lose the ability to connect with those who have less.
However I feel hopeful that the current medical market will morph into a recreational market🤞🤞🤞

Adobewan

Only in a place that enforces prohibition, will you find synthetic cannabis containing sweets that can kill in one dose.
Synthetic cannabinoids, and the acts of obtaining all cannabis products illicitly, allowing maximum profit for the sellers and with no standards, advice, warning, or care for the consumers at point of sale, are direct results of an enforced prohibition.
And no matter how much you "tighten the screw" or "clamp down" at this stage in the game, you are never completely discouraging or eliminating its use or harm in its street form.

Well we need to move past that and keep our people alive while they should be.

R.I.P to the girl.

56322371-10694861-Damilola-Grace-Olakanmi-is-kissed-goodbye-in-hospital-by-her-mot-a-13-164931323549.jpg

Nice to know the police have issued another warning, which should help with all future incidents like this....
My heart goes out to that poor girl and her family.
Notice how little emphasis is put on the fact that it was SYNTHETIC cannabis, possibly the second most important facet of the article short of her death. The take-away for many who skim or don't read deeply will be "pot gummies are dangerous/deadly," further exacerbating the chaos.

blackstone

And the police response and plan of action shows such a typically narrow minded, over simplified and ineffective viewpoint.
Hopeless words, and a waste of breath with no proper solution in sight.
The public doesn't want to hear this backwards old fashioned bullshit anymore because they know it will not solve the problem for good.

"Please do not buy or consume these products. They are illegal and, because of the child-friendly packaging, they can pose a risk of accidental consumption," he said.

"Drug dealers harm communities and risk the safety of individuals. We will take positive action to target those engaged in this activity as well as those found in possession of these substances."

So, if it wasn't for the fact that there is still an inherent demand for these products at least from a section of society, which has not gone away or abated, even after almost a century of harsh discouragement.
And if not for the fact that every now and then some, normally young, chap somehow keeps popping up and becoming embroiled in the sourcing and supply of such products in high demand,
then we would easily achieve that perfect society without flaw that we dreamed of once.

It's like they're stuck on the same roundabout for decades! Round and round and round.

It's tough living anywhere a war is being waged and this lady seems to be the latest victim of the war on drugs, the next victim will be the "dealer" of this scourge who they can make a scapegoat for the whole situation and try to ruin his life in the hopes that this alone will put a stop to the entire situation worldwide.

It appears her friend was visiting from the US, so it's a pity they didn't do it the other way round and save the gummy experience for over there. Although only in some States are you guaranteed some safety.
Also a pity, is that the girl was a law student. Maybe she could have helped us to make a change one day in the future?

Meanwhile in California, Canada, and other parts, thousands of responsible adults safely enjoyed a cannabis gummy this week without incident.

Nina

Notice how little emphasis is put on the fact that it was SYNTHETIC cannabis
of course😔
such a tragic story how could the media/govt spin it to advance their positions?
I fear the real question is how could they not exploit the opportunity, they are opportunists unencumbered by morals, principles and the like, sell us down the river in a heart beat, we just need to see them for what they really are.

Alexis

C19 paved the way for extraordinary unprecedented changeon so many levels.

One being the was imminent full legalisation of cannabis in UK with a ? Over home growing, likely a nay but...

Well, that cart was rolling down the hill with velocity.

The wheels are nowehere to be seen now.

Does anybody anticipate in a logical time based sense Cannabis being even decriminalised here in UK now?

Are people even still campaigning and being heard?

It surely has been ushered fully under the Covid carpet. I've not heard a whisper of it since myself but haven't looked, but we didn't need to before.

Talk about convenient hey? A multitasking multipurposed multitalented Trojan Horse killing more than two birds with more than two stones though in a ridiculously unfair fight and solving the nuisance in process too of these annoying humans who wish to see cannabis legalised.

Just how it seems things went down here.

No Covid, my money says we'd almost surely have some degree of decriminalisation already, at least on cusp, maybe more, and it would be hot tooic how and when to more fully implement.

But unless there is ongoing and impactful campaigning lurking in the shadows it appears to have fallen right to the wayside realistically and probably now.

Squidge

Butane powered
C19 paved the way for extraordinary unprecedented changeon so many levels.

One being the was imminent full legalisation of cannabis in UK with a ? Over home growing, likely a nay but...

Does anybody anticipate in a logical time based sense Cannabis being even decriminalised here in UK now?

It surely has been ushered fully under the Covid carpet. I've not heard a whisper of it since myself but haven't looked, but we didn't need to before.

Talk about convenient hey? A multitasking multipurposed multitalented Trojan Horse killing more than two birds with more than two stones though in a ridiculously unfair fight and solving the nuisance in process too of these annoying humans who wish to see cannabis legalised.

No Covid, my money says we'd almost surely have some degree of decriminalisation already, at least on cusp, maybe more, and it would be hot tooic how and when to more fully implement.

But unless there is ongoing and impactful campaigning lurking in the shadows it appears to have fallen right to the wayside realistically and probably now.
Let's be honest, legalisation isn't going to happen under a Conservative Government - they do like to claim they're the "party of law and order". Nor is legalisation likely to happen under a Labour government led by a former Director of Public Prosecution and head of the Crown Prosecution Service (Keir Starmer).

As with everything in the UK... we're gonna be fucked every which way (including sideways) for pretty much of the foreseeable future. ☹️

Last edited:

Alexis

Medical use is now legal, it seems pretty easy to get yourself registered as a patient, big money is now interested, legal recreational use is the next step!
The irony there for me personally, even if I could easily receive medical weed from NHS basically, I would be very allergic to all fertilisers used, espec chemical but even organic.

Even if I visited Colorado, California, Spain, Holland etc, I'd still need to grow my own as I have needed since 2005. No black market weed I ever encountered since or can logically imagine to be within reach could I tolerate allergenically.

I was aware before this whole thing got heavily siderailed of medical avenues.

But that even became the forefront campaign focus as it was proving shockingly difficult, prohibitive AND expensive too for genuine medical dependants to even access.

Was like £1000 per month too I think. And not for like 5 OZ's or close! Plus bs like Cheesby says below, the quality of the medical weed offered then, identical to the programme in Germany, was dire
That's not been my experience 😞 I mentioned it to my sleep consultant at guys hospital and he basically slammed the door in my face and won't see me again... After 18 years of treatment I'm on my own, but I'm doing a better job of treating myself than they ever did so fuck them.
+1 on the big Fuck them lol. 🙂

Nina

slammed the door in my face and won't see me again
a strong reaction, angry that you are looking to pursue medical cannabis, why would he be defensive like that? I'm thinking he knows its a threat to his livelihood, he wants you to do things his way because that's what pays HIS bills!
I've not committed to the medical option yet b/c it seems to cost about the same as my other option and I'm hoping that if I wait a bit I'll be able to get legal weed without signing up to a project.
(if you search these and reddit you'll find more info
MedCannabisUK
ukmedicalcannabis)
I would be very allergic to all fertilisers used, espec chemical but even organic.
So sorry to hear that Alexis😟 I hope you can find a way, can you home grow?

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I've not committed to the medical option yet b/c it seems to cost about the same as my other option

This puts me off too, in fact it would cost me more I believe. I do think having a legitimate prescription would be beneficial from a legal standpoint, plus, there is also cancard which I should also pursue.

Alexis

a strong reaction, angry that you are looking to pursue medical cannabis, why would he be defensive like that? I'm thinking he knows its a threat to his livelihood, he wants you to do things his way because that's what pays HIS bills!
I've not committed to the medical option yet b/c it seems to cost about the same as my other option and I'm hoping that if I wait a bit I'll be able to get legal weed without signing up to a project.
(if you search these and reddit you'll find more info
MedCannabisUK
ukmedicalcannabis)

So sorry to hear that Alexis😟 I hope you can find a way, can you home grow?
Hi thanks, we do, have been every summer. It's the only way I can acquire cannabis I can use.

Just one of the perils of Lyme. Which I've learned very well to live with, likely could be recovered now against remarkable odds, except for the most extreme ride with multiple overlapping majorly nerve damaging long Covids.

They and the impact and nerve damage account for over 90% maybe 95, of my own personal struggles now in life.

But my case is rare, unique and exceptional. Lyme laid the terrain by removing the fences and hacking and damaging the NS.

So for myself, Covid just walks right in and picks up the reigns.

It's no cold, or flu. Fact. Don't let know-nothings instill this illusion if you can dispell it.

I try to. It's just not black and white at all.

I had true 6 week flu twice this previous winter, always with pneumonia. It's not pleasant but there is always green grass on the other side.

Covid is a serious weapon. I won't be even recalling the half gram of LSD I've surely taken if/when/as I do "pass over", nor a great lot to rave about.

They always told me too, a kid..."Life begins at 40."

I thought...no way. I need to do this, and this, and this etc.... before I'm 35 at least.

But they were right! For me very personally. But ironically, get this. I was 40 in March 2020!

Speaking of green grass though, we are semily making preparations to grow 8 Autoflowers this summer. I say semi because life has hung on a balance of late and it's a commitment, possible risk too. These things occupy some territory out back there's no real concealing.

With real luck though.

I need to pick strains. I'm thinking Mephisto again. We grew Fantasmo Express and Northern Cheese Haze in 2019. Fast plants, high THC for Autos, don't get huge, about 50 grams each but very well formed buds, compact and easy too.

blackstone

@Alexis This is how I saw things too, I felt I had my ear to the tracks for a while, and I thought the train was just rumbling in soon!
The issue always seems to get put on the back burner over more important concerns, before covid it was another thing (global recession, or recovery maybe?), and every time a government goes on holidays or wraps up business for the year, another proposal gets overlooked and binned.

I think the last article I read about any movement or campaign in UK was the following, originally posted in January, about a drug charity called Reach who tried to present a case.
But the same article has jogged my memory about the launch of a major UK clampdown on crime and drugs at all levels, where they stated:
In July 2021, Boris Johnson launched his ‘Beating Crime Plan’ in which he said that ‘recreational drug use’ is not harmless.
.......the Government announced its Beating Crime Plan, a 52-page “shared vision of fewer victims, peaceful neighbourhoods and a safer country”.
It described drugs as a “scourge on society” and set out to “address both the supply and demand — coming down harder on drug dealers, dismantling county lines gangs, making clear that ‘recreational use’ is not harmless and supporting drug and alcohol addicts to access the treatment services they need to turn their lives around”.

The term “county lines” describes the transportation of illegal drugs from cities and towns to suburban and rural areas. Drug gangs, keen to avoid detection, will groom and coerce vulnerable young people — often males aged 15 to 17 — to ferry the drugs and collect the money.
When the county line, the mobile phone used to facilitate drug orders, is closed by police, the contacts are sent messages warned about drug use. They are also encouraged to seek support.

A similar thing happened where I live, and around the same time, and it's intensity here appears to have disrupted what might have already been a frail network for some people even pre-covid.
Where I am it would almost make more sense to give it up, its not very nice.
Sure, if you live in some areas or grow your own it might not affect you.
I don't want to undermine the reality of real wars, but recent situations in the world seem to make me more aware that something my leaders persist with is depressing or oppressing me, and goes against my own wishes and I would like it to stop.
It makes me wish for some of the freedoms that other nations can already enjoy.
Maybe it is a war? They do call it that.

So it makes sense that a lot of UK cannabis news I see now are just busts of huge grow ops like a jungle where people got a strong smell, some info, or there's been a fire etc.
(I read that they then send in their CDT, or Cannabis Dismantling Team!)
1_COR_04042022_cannabis_01.jpg

And the stories of arrests of sellers/gang members.

Besides the odd slightly wacky story here and there where even police or army members themselves have their hands in the cookie jars also!
Like this:
(And there was another "What to do if you smell weed from your neighbours place" campaign recently.)

When you see the authorities getting mixed up with it in that way though, surely that's when they have to change direction, or question prohibition?
Is this clampdown similar to how some States and Countries clamped down not long before imminent legalisation, like one last big hoorah while they still can!?
I wish the best weed laws for everyone here, regardless of country.
All in all it's just another brick in the wall!

Top Bottom