Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
Titanium won’t “chip”, though I haven’t had any of my ruby, quartz balls ever chip or break, not sure how one could achieve that....
Unfortunately some of mine came broken. I've emailed cannabis hardware.

vgoodies for rubies and ddave tor titanium balls
I'm very interested in Ddave's titanium balls, I can only see them in his terp torch mod kit I, 've emailed him to ask if he sells separately. Thanks for the info

graydeh1

Company Rep
I'm very interested in Ddave's titanium balls, I can only see them in his terp torch mod kit I, 've emailed him to ask if he sells separately. Thanks for the info
went on my computer and could see the G5 TI pearls from ddave mod, ordering now. edit sold out

graydeh1,
Reactions: BigJr48

SquirrelMaster

cannabis hardware also did a limited release of SIC balls a while back, maybe they will again
You can also find smaller quantities of SiC on Aliexpress if you don't need the larger package they offer. There are a few different sintering methods of producing SiC so you would have to confirm which they offer. Many will offer more than one.

graydeh1

Company Rep
I'll have a look, I was tooling around on dhgate also. I'd buy the CH sic if they get more and the ddave Titanium if he restocks.

graydeh1,
Reactions: BigJr48

SquirrelMaster

I'll have a look, I was tooling around on dhgate also. I'd buy the CH sic if they get more and the ddave Titanium if he restocks.
I was speaking with sellers on DHGate, Aliexpress and Alibaba a few months ago which is when I started learning about the different sintering processes. Interesting stuff. It's much easier if you can find something in your own country but then the cost is usually much higher.

If you can find Gr.2 titanium balls they would be a good alternative to the DDave if he hasn't restocked.

graydeh1

Company Rep
I was speaking with sellers on DHGate, Aliexpress and Alibaba a few months ago which is when I started learning about the different sintering processes. Interesting stuff. It's much easier if you can find something in your own country but then the cost is usually much higher.

If you can find Gr.2 titanium balls they would be a good alternative to the DDave if he hasn't restocked.
Thanks man, For sure very interesting stuff, I believe cannabis hardware uses grade 2 as well. I would like to find some grade 2 : 3 mm or 4 mm. If any one knows of a seller I would appreciate it.

PharaohJ

My brilliant cut will be here tomorrow morning. Very excited. I picked up a medium plate. My current grinder is pretty fine. I was actually looking forward to seeing how the grind in the brilliant cut compares to my current grinder in terms of vaping production. From what I've seen in Troy and Jerry's videos though it preforms pretty well so I have high expectations.

I have titanium balls in my Terp Torch that I got from DDave. I would swap them out and put them into the B1 to test it vs the 3mm rubies. I'm not sure that one bag of the titanium balls is enough to fill up the b1/b2. I have to check the site but I'm pretty sure it's less than 100 balls in a bag.

graydeh1

Company Rep
My brilliant cut will be here tomorrow morning. Very excited. I picked up a medium plate. My current grinder is pretty fine. I was actually looking forward to seeing how the grind in the brilliant cut compares to my current grinder in terms of vaping production. From what I've seen in Troy and Jerry's videos though it preforms pretty well so I have high expectations.

I have titanium balls in my Terp Torch that I got from DDave. I would swap them out and put them into the B1 to test it vs the 3mm rubies. I'm not sure that one bag of the titanium balls is enough to fill up the b1/b2. I have to check the site but I'm pretty sure it's less than 100 balls in a bag.
Nice man, thanks. Let me know if you try it out.

graydeh1,

graydeh1

Company Rep

snackmaster

Thanks for Posting, Only thing is these have holes for jewelry applications, I think it may be an issue/concern if used in a vape.
The listing is a little confusing but I don’t know that I’d be overly worried about holes in titanium. I’ve seen issues with glass/quartz tho.

snackmaster,
Reactions: graydeh1

graydeh1

Company Rep
The listing is a little confusing but I don’t know that I’d be overly worried about holes in titanium. I’ve seen issues with glass/quartz tho.
For sure, it's the post on Reddit about quartz dust which made holes a "not good" option for me. I'm sure with ti it would be fine but I will wait til ddave mod let's me know if he will restock or not. I trust what he has tested so that would be optimal.

graydeh1,
Reactions: Ramahs

Yung Coconut

If you guys want sic, or anything else for that matter, I wouldn't trust dhgate/aliexpress/ebay with my lungs. That's crazy imo just to try and save a few bucks. If you want a legitimate source for sic I'd wait for CH to restock or go somewhere like VXB.

If you want ruby or quartz then plenty of legit sites like vgoodiez also stock it.

graydeh1

Company Rep
If you guys want sic, or anything else for that matter, I wouldn't trust dhgate/aliexpress/ebay with my lungs. That's crazy imo just to try and save a few bucks. If you want a legitimate source for sic I'd wait for CH to restock or go somewhere like VXB.

If you want ruby or quartz then plenty of legit sites like vgoodiez also stock it.
Honestly I was more looking at the dhgate stuff etc but I will buy something that's at least been tested and used by vape people.

graydeh1,

Yung Coconut

Honestly I was more looking at the dhgate stuff etc but I will buy something that's at least been tested and used by vape people.

Yeah, I'd rather be able to trust the source instead of some random stoners approving products they really have no clue about.

Yung Coconut,

SquirrelMaster

With borosilicate balls I only buy made in USA or Germany, I don't the China made stuff because the properties of the glass they list don't line up with better (Anerican or German) standards . The SiC that I've looked at doesn't have the same discrepancies and they list the particular sintering method. With the right research from a reputable seller you should be fine. Ruby though, I haven't found any straight from China balls that I would trust. Their properties are not what true Corundum should be. I have found gemstones that are flame fusion but not in balls (and they're out of Thailand).

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: graydeh1

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
With borosilicate balls I only buy made in USA or Germany, I don't the China made stuff because the properties of the glass they list don't line up with better (Anerican or German) standards . The SiC that I've looked at doesn't have the same discrepancies and they list the particular sintering method. With the right research from a reputable seller you should be fine. Ruby though, I haven't found any straight from China balls that I would trust. Their properties are not what true Corundum should be. I have found gemstones that are flame fusion but not in balls (and they're out of Thailand).

You bring up some good points. It’s always hard for us consumers to actually KNOW the ACTUAL properties of many of our vape components. The QUARTZ balls I bought on Amazon, like almost everything these days is from China. However, I googled how to test QUARTZ versus BORO glass, so I was satisfied that the 3mm balls were real quartz.

I assume the RUBY balls offered by both CH (I bought these with the B1), and VGoodiez, are sourced from China as well. Larger balls in Ruby and Sapphire are very expensive, these 3mm balls seem quite inexpensive in comparison, so are they TRUE GEMSTONES? I don’t know, but I guess I could try a temperature SHOCK test, but I would not be 100% sure. Point being, we offer our TRUST with many of these choices.

So personally, I try to keep it as simple as I can. I use 3mm SS316L balls in the OG TM stem, for cooling, replacing the SS nuts and bolts. I use the 3mm CH RUBIES in the CH B1 heater head, and 6mm QUARTZ balls in my dry Herbolizer small globe rig, (about 450 balls). I don’t believe that any of the glass or lab gemstones would off gas anything when used in a heater system like a B1. Getting into metals can add complication. I doubt there would be much if any noticeable differences in SIC, titanium, or other more expensive materials in the way I’m using the materials I mentioned above.

Yung Coconut

Not sure I get this Ti SIC ball desire. What are you hoping to accomplish, performance somewhere between the VRod/WE and the B1/B2.

From memory neither of these materials have anywhere near the thermal performance of ruby.

Eh, you're wrong about sic. Silicon Carbide is about 3x more thermally conductive than ruby.

I have sic pearls in my B2. The heat that radiates off the head assembly is more intense at the same temps as the other materials. And after one hitting a bowl it's ready to go again before you can get the next one loaded.

Only downside, if it is one, is that it takes way longer to cool down after turning off the controller. Way way longer.

SquirrelMaster

@RustyOldNail
Quartz is another material I couldn't find a good source for. I started with some jewelry quartz that just melted when I torched it and then I couldn't find anything after that I trusted. There was a couple reports of Quartz melting in SSV mods but they must have not been using good quality quartz or that would never happen.

Eh, you're wrong about sic. Silicon Carbide is about 3x more thermally conductive than ruby.

I have sic pearls in my B2. The heat that radiates off the head assembly is more intense at the same temps as the other materials. And after one hitting a bowl it's ready to go again before you can get the next one loaded.

Only downside, if it is one, is that it takes way longer to cool down after turning off the controller. Way way longer.
Ruby has a higher specific heat though from what I can find (750 J/kg.K vs 510-650 J/kg.K from azom.com). They don't mention the sintering method which may account for range. Ruby would take longer to heat up but should hold more heat. @invertedisdead knows his stones and could confirm if I'm on the right (or wrong) track.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@RustyOldNail
Quartz is another material I couldn't find a good source for. I started with some jewelry quartz that just melted when I torched it and then I couldn't find anything after that I trusted. There was a couple reports of Quartz melting in SSV mods but they must have not been using good quality quartz or that would never happen.

Ruby has a higher specific heat though from what I can find (750 J/kg.K vs 510-650 J/kg.K from azom.com). They don't mention the sintering method which may account for range. Ruby would take longer to heat up but should hold more heat. @invertedisdead knows his stones and could confirm if I'm on the right (or wrong) track.

Silicon Carbide is probably the most ambiguous commonly used vaporizer material.

There are so many grades and variants, with dramatically different thermal properties, that it would be nearly impossible to know which one someone was using without a proper COA / materials test.

In fact SiC ranges from porous foams with extremely low insulatory conductivity, up to diamond impregnated versions which rival single crystal semiconductor grade components.

All these properties, from the conductivity, to the heat capacity, to the density, to the porosity, etcetera; all play some role, it just depends on the goal and design of the device.

One extremely common misconception I read every single day is that changing one of these variables will allow for lower temp vaporization - that’s not true. Lower temperatures on the PID controller are due to a more efficient heating system, the boiling point of the compounds isn’t changing. An analogy would be thinking water boils at a lower temperature in a copper kettle than a glass boiling flask - it doesn’t. And Human lungs can’t even suck the air out of a sous vide bag, so they definitely aren’t pulling a lab grade vacuum, even though many university accredited “physics experts” will claim this.

Also we can assume that 99.9% of these balls are from China/Alibaba/DHgate, regardless of material. It would otherwise cost around a thousand dollars to outfit a ball vape, the reality is the ball trend sort of relies on these low prices. Once you take that away it’s not that viable of a platform; economically speaking as the beads can easily hit $5 a piece!

Top Bottom