• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

androponic

vaped.
I'm not saying the reducer don't get you closer to the heat but if you just put the screen on top won't you get a lot of tunnelling in the centre? since there is no air flow around to outside of the bowl because of the thickness of the reducers??
i havent tried yet, i ordered some but for 9 bucks im going to see, just to get more flexability from the already nice bowl, i liked what i saw in some vids on discord so why not i thought. they arent that thick actually.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I really like the plusplus glass bowls. Don't have a shovelhead anymore.

I don't use a screen as I find I can taste metal but only if in contact with the herb. Using the b1 titanium as a heat source doesn't seem to effect taste. So for me all glass from the herb onwards is preferably.

Drop down helps to capture most of the herb that gets through the bowl. I fortunately bought 3 when they were available so clean everyday in rotation.

I find the pp perfect size / depth. Half to two thirds full for a 2 or 3 hit clearance.

I have the PID set to 575. Really liking coarse ground with BCG.

Would be great to have a variety of glass bowls with different depths so avoiding any metal in contact with the herb. For now I must be careful with the ones I have.

Tuck

Most of the bowl options force you to turn up the heat because of how far the herb sits from the heater.

I saw how far the heater was from the screen on the elev8 bowl and that deterred me from installing my injector. Maybe I'll play with it. How big a screen did you use in the 18mm joint?

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I have 3 glass bowls, 1 OG new vape, 1 ZZGlass, 1 small plus plus glass. The plus plus is my favourite by a wide margin. Though the zzglass and a rbt metal rimmed basket screen is very nice.

I shared this idea in the cloud connoisseur glass thread but no one seemed interested so I thought I’d see what you guys think about it. This idea was for injector style bowls but could also be adapted to a redesigned flowerpot bowl. What is the biggest problem with convection vaping???? What touches the walls of the bowl never vapes as well as the rest. So my solution is this, a 2 ply basket screen for the bowl??? What do I mean by 2 ply??? Just a regular basket screen but welded to the bottom a few single strands of wire evenly spaced out all going the same direction. What do I think this will do?? It will lift the basket off the glass and allow air flow around the outside of the bowl and thought the entire basket screen, fully vaping the bowl without stirring. The trick is to find the sweet spot of the right amount of air flow with the thickness if the welded wires so not to much heat goes around the outside and not through the middle of the bowl. It’s just a theory but I think it would work.

SquirrelMaster

I have 3 glass bowls, 1 OG new vape, 1 ZZGlass, 1 small plus plus glass. The plus plus is my favourite by a wide margin.
Me too. The other glass bowls work well enough, though I find you have to hold the head level if your glass bowl isn't as wide or it sits crooked and doesn't pull all the air through the heater. The plusplus is nice and wide and just works so damn good. I really wish they would restock or someone else would make something as good.

I shared this idea in the cloud connoisseur glass thread but no one seemed interested so I thought I’d see what you guys think about it. This idea was for injector style bowls but could also be adapted to a redesigned flowerpot bowl. What is the biggest problem with convection vaping???? What touches the walls of the bowl never vapes as well as the rest. So my solution is this, a 2 ply basket screen for the bowl??? What do I mean by 2 ply??? Just a regular basket screen but welded to the bottom a few single strands of wire evenly spaced out all going the same direction. What do I think this will do?? It will lift the basket off the glass and allow air flow around the outside of the bowl and thought the entire basket screen, fully vaping the bowl without stirring. The trick is to find the sweet spot of the right amount of air flow with the thickness if the welded wires so not to much heat goes around the outside and not through the middle of the bowl. It’s just a theory but I think it would work.
I like the theory, it's worth a try if the screen can be made easily.

David Root

For the screen in the bottom of a glass bowl, I form the screen in a dome with the edges lifted from the bottom. Right now I am using one of the bowls that come with the Ispire Wand and I have one other glass, but it has a single hole with no screen. It works OK, but draw is limited.

Still thinking about shovel head on one side of the Flower Pot and Injector on the other.

I did it with a B1 and WeedEater.

B1 bottom nut al most full of balls.
WeedEater top nut.

NOW Cut the post out of the WeedEater Bottom nut and screw it into the top of the top Weedeater nut so its sticking out the top. this will hold the balls in.

Male on the top, female on the bottom.

I don't do pictures here, but I did screw it together and use it last night. I have not Cut the post from the bottom WeedEater nut yet. Probably Monday when I have access to machine shop at work. It did work as an assemblely. I needed about 25 * f more than I had.

I think the total bottom nut from the WeedEater is sinking some heat out. Once the post is cut off, it will be smaller and less heat sinking. It will add mass.

I think it will heat the extra Ti because in the stand, the "injector" is on top of the balls and heat rises.

When I used it last night, it did not matter which side I used. Performance was the same. I allow more time for warm up.

David

Mr Turnip

My vrod will not close around my coil. It leaves a tiny gap around 1mm tried pliers etc... No hope any tips? I'm sure the only negative will be cooling the coil a little as I pull.

Cheers

Mr Turnip,
Reactions: BigJr48

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I recommend taking it apart and going over the threads on both halves with a pointy pick too to see if you feel and burrs or imperfections. did you stretch your coil before assembly ? and maybe its a little too big now. both haves of the head will take a wrench, sorry I don't remember what sizes, and you can try and close the gap that way but if its to tight I wouldn't force it and contact cannabis hardware

cvs8floz

I really like the plusplus glass bowls. Don't have a shovelhead anymore.

I don't use a screen as I find I can taste metal but only if in contact with the herb. Using the b1 titanium as a heat source doesn't seem to effect taste. So for me all glass from the herb onwards is preferably.

Drop down helps to capture most of the herb that gets through the bowl. I fortunately bought 3 when they were available so clean everyday in rotation.

I find the pp perfect size / depth. Half to two thirds full for a 2 or 3 hit clearance.

I have the PID set to 575. Really liking coarse ground with BCG.

Would be great to have a variety of glass bowls with different depths so avoiding any metal in contact with the herb. For now I must be careful with the ones I have.
My setup is very similar to yours, I use the plusplus bowl with a dropdown at 575-590 except that I use fine grind and fill the bowl to the top so the bottom screen of the B1 is right on top of the material. Almost instant dense vapor if you preheat 10-15 seconds. I don't see the point of getting the injector, it sits almost an inch away from the material depending on the bowl you are using, I have both the ELEV8 and the Qaroma and you need at least 150 degrees more heat and the hits still aren't as satisfying. Btw, tbe GRAV 19mm glass bowl with 1-2 scoops works fairly well with the injectors distance-wise but it is out of stock.

Mr Turnip

Yeah thanks both for the replies it's definitely the coil.

Tightens really easy without the coil buttery threads I've tried a bit of manipulation of it but nothing seems to work.

DHV8654

Is a fine grind a requirement with the B1? I have been having issues getting big hits. I use a BCG medium and a herb ripper medium. Does the fine grind allow for bigger hits?

DHV8654,

SquirrelMaster

Is a fine grind a requirement with the B1? I have been having issues getting big hits. I use a BCG medium and a herb ripper medium. Does the fine grind allow for bigger hits?
A fine grind does allow for bigger hits but I wouldn't say it's a requirement. My OG HerbRipper XL medium is more of a medium/fine grind which I use daily in addition to a BCG medium (regular and large), and both grinds produce a lot of vapor. I run my B1 at 300°C/572°F and I like to give it a few minutes to heat soak once it hits temp.

DHV8654

A fine grind does allow for bigger hits but I wouldn't say it's a requirement. My OG HerbRipper XL medium is more of a medium/fine grind which I use daily in addition to a BCG medium (regular and large), and both grinds produce a lot of vapor. I run my B1 at 300°C/572°F and I like to give it a few minutes to heat soak once it hits temp.
Do you get hot spots in the shovelhead bowl?

DHV8654,

snackmaster

Still thinking about shovel head on one side of the Flower Pot and Injector on the other.
Still a fan of this idea...

I don't see the point of getting the injector, it sits almost an inch away from the material depending on the bowl you are using, I have both the ELEV8 and the Qaroma and you need at least 150 degrees more heat and the hits still aren't as satisfying. Btw, tbe GRAV 19mm glass bowl with 1-2 scoops works fairly well with the injectors distance-wise but it is out of stock.
...but also tend to agree with this. That grav bowl is great, but I also like Ed's injector bowl because it holds a screen well enough that you can set it where you want.

I think for @David Root's idea to really work the injector length and bowl depth have to be "tuned" to roughly match B1/B2 performance. A flippable head just isn't as appealing if each side requires a different temp.

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
I've had a V rod since they came out. Just bought a B1. Seems great but a few of my ruby pearls we're busted. I emailed cannabis hardware. Does anyone know a good source for more pearls?, CH only has ruby in stock and I'd like to try another material and another supplier of Ruby pearls as well. TIA

Top Bottom