Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Once I pay off my VRod I will be knocking at your door for one of those handles! I was thinking black palm but those burl/acrylic blanks??? You showed me look super sexy like a futo galaxy stash! I got a little time to iron out what I want but for sure I'll be buying one! Looking forward to what else you have up your sleeve @iDRINKBLEACH

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Once I pay off my VRod I will be knocking at your door for one of those handles! I was thinking black palm but those burl/acrylic blanks??? You showed me look super sexy like a futo galaxy stash! I got a little time to iron out what I want but for sure I'll be buying one! Looking forward to what else you have up your sleeve @iDRINKBLEACH
Yeah man I’ll be here. I’m super excited for you guys to see it. The ones I will be doing this weekend (waiting on blanks or I’d be at it now) one is custom FP set minus wood for the carb cap. It will be a shame knowing there’s a sexier flowerpot out there than mine 😂

Severmore

I posted in another thread but wanted to drop it here too. View attachment 7645View attachment 7646
this is the v1 of the handle. Going to make a carb cap tool cover and a shovel head handle cover today if I can sneak away from the in laws who are visiting.

Do you (or anyone for that matter) happen to know the approximate dimensions (inner diameter and length) of the wooden carb cap tool insulator?

Thanks!

... and your work here is looking beautiful!

Severmore,

Circa1999

Has anyone followed this instructions from this video?

I'm thinking about doing this to my WeedEater, just hope I dont break it somehow.

simulacrum

Has anyone followed this instructions from this video?

I'm thinking about doing this to my WeedEater, just hope I dont break it somehow
I still need to do this. The coil rattling around is my only complaint after like... two(?) weeks of ownership. Not sure quite how long it's been because I've just been getting unreasonably stoned and sleeping 10 hours a day since I started "experimenting" with my Weedeater.

simulacrum,
Reactions: Summer

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Do you (or anyone for that matter) happen to know the approximate dimensions (inner diameter and length) of the wooden carb cap tool insulator?

Thanks!

... and your work here is looking beautiful!
Thank you so much. Sadly I don’t know for sure I just use an older carb cap for vrod and weedeater I run without

iDRINKBLEACH,
Reactions: Severmore

Kins

They should just sell coils with more wraps instead of bending the coil you have all out of shape. That would make more sense.

Kins,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
They should just sell coils with more wraps instead of bending the coil you have all out of shape. That would make more sense.

From what I recall, the coil I bought from NV, with the Auber controller, for the WeedEater, has FIVE wraps, one more then the four wraps of other coils. That’s probably the most that can fit in the enclosure.

Whiteout proper tools, it’s almost impossible to TIGHTEN this metal coil. Separating them via a flat head screwdriver as SHOWN in the NV video is the most common way to do it. It worked for me to remove a little shake. In the end even if a bit loose, the coil will heat the entire head, maybe seconds......

BTW: There are a lot of decent videos on the NV site, and while one can disagree with some points, the guy that actually MAKES the stuff, is in the videos, might be worth watching....

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I think the advantage of a springy coil is if it was totally snug the coil would have nowhere to expand and might crack under the pressure?

Bad Dog,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I think the advantage of a springy coil is if it was totally snug the coil would have nowhere to expand and might crack under the pressure?

The coils are shaped when molten hot, to whatever diameter is called for, after the coil cools the metal is solid, with little “spring”. You can if CARFUL, expand the vertical spread of the hardened coil, as illustrated in the video.

I’m sure the fit of any coil depends on the brand of the coil and the device, so unless each one was custom fit before shipping, the consumer has to make any final matching adjustments. I was assured by NV, long ago, that even if the coil had some side to side movement, it would not effect the heating. But as a bit OCD, I spread the coils, as in the video, which just grabs a bit more metal in the WeedEater housing, but got rid of the looseness, needed or not.

If one is ok aggressive in chasing the fairy dust, the metal coil will.... BREAK your heart...

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Using the WeedEater the screen gets clogged real fast. How often do you guys replace the screen?

Right now I'm replacing the screen once a day and using a dust buster vac to clear the bowls.

Damn. I've been using my Vrod almost every day since I got it several months ago (January), and I've never had to even remove the screen yet. It's still quite clean.

I never have felt the need to stir, so I'm not helping to clog the screen by doing that.

When I finish a bowl, I use the debowler spike in my NV stand to empty the bowl, then I blow in it, then I brush it out with a small brush (an MFLB brush), and the screen is clean.

If the screen weren't to come out clean, it would be because I didn't fully extract my herb...and my fully extracted herb is never black. It's usually a medium brown.

Here's my shovelhead bowl with that original screen that I've never removed in the last few months of almost daily use with all sorts of different kinds of cannabis. All I've done is brush it out after every bowl, and not one spot in the weave is clogged. The key is to fully extract before dumping:

**Edit** - Actually, I just checked, and I was wrong. it's actually been about a year since I've had my Flowerpot setup. And the screen is still clean.

Po-PRP5vm-RWq-A1w-GAb-Kv0jg-thumb-1932.jpg

Last edited:

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Showing off my flowerpots and also asking what you guys think of the video skills. https://youtube.com/shorts/6XPDdA5o3ZA?feature=share

Looks really good, If you want some "constructive" crictism maybe add a little bit more light, the dark intro is cool but your handles are too sexy not to be able to see more then glimpses of them. Really professional looking video though, as good or better as the product promos I see for any of the established companies.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Looks really good, If you want some "constructive" crictism maybe add a little bit more light, the dark intro is cool but your handles are too sexy not to be able to see more then glimpses of them. Really professional looking video though, as good or better as the product promos I see for any of the established companies.
Thank you man. Yeah the setup for that video was pretty weak. The lighting was a construction led flood that was either too bright or way too dark. I ordered some soft lighting and some stuff to help the motions be smoother from all angles.

stonedmallone

Damn. I've been using my Vrod almost every day since I got it several months ago (January), and I've never had to even remove the screen yet. It's still quite clean.

I never have felt the need to stir, so I'm not helping to clog the screen by doing that.

When I finish a bowl, I use the debowler spike in my NV stand to empty the bowl, then I blow in it, then I brush it out with a small brush (an MFLB brush), and the screen is clean.

If the screen weren't to come out clean, it would be because I didn't fully extract my herb...and my fully extracted herb is never black. It's usually a medium brown.

Here's my shovelhead bowl with that original screen that I've never removed in the last few months of almost daily use with all sorts of different kinds of cannabis. All I've done is brush it out after every bowl, and not one spot in the weave is clogged. The key is to fully extract before dumping:

**Edit** - Actually, I just checked, and I was wrong. it's actually been about a year since I've had my Flowerpot setup. And the screen is still clean.

Po-PRP5vm-RWq-A1w-GAb-Kv0jg-thumb-1932.jpg
Wow, after about a week I have to clean out all my screens. That's impressive

stonedmallone,

simulacrum

Has anyone ever removed and dropped the Shovelhead bowl while removing the head? My roommate did it twice in a row the other day... with fresh bowls I packed for him lmao. I'm confused because I just tried to do it on purpose and can't. Dude is just clumsy in impressive ways.

simulacrum,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Has anyone ever removed and dropped the Shovelhead bowl while removing the head? My roommate did it twice in a row the other day... with fresh bowls I packed for him lmao. I'm confused because I just tried to do it on purpose and can't. Dude is just clumsy in impressive ways.
Sometimes if a person isn't used to that kind of matching heating element with bowl, and they let the head resting on top of the bowl, it naturally angles down by weight and gravity, if the user don't hold the handle/coil.
When this happens, if the user is trying to lift the head from the bowl, because of heating and expansion of metal against metal, and that angle that the hot head is touching the wall of the bowl, it frictions against each other, and head and bowl stay/look like glued to each other, but as soon as the bowl is lifted from the rig glass joint, by gravity, will slide from the stuck head.
If you're a really heavy user, I vape like 2g daily average, sometimes the outside bowl wall, and the inside of the FP head matching bottom rim wall, they will get some residue/gunk, and they will be harder to disengage.
I recommend ISO and a qtip or a piece of tissue.
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!!

Nina

asking what you guys think of the video skills
I think it was very moody(in a good way) and dramatic😈
I liked the blue colour on the vrod(?) but I would have liked more light so I could see things properly🌞
My flower pot handle is currently sporting a rough and ready wrap made out of black hair bands, I am definitely in the market for something sophisticated made out of wood 😈

rollerskater

lol i have definitely done this more than twice! one downside of the flowerpot is sometimes i get so baked i forget how to use it! although i have to say this hasn't been as much of a concern since i started screwing the bowl directly to the post, as you're supposed to do.

Kins

lol i have definitely done this more than twice! one downside of the flowerpot is sometimes i get so baked i forget how to use it! although i have to say this hasn't been as much of a concern since i started screwing the bowl directly to the post, as you're supposed to do.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol::rofl:How do you use it once it's screwed down?

Kins,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I think it was very moody(in a good way) and dramatic😈
I liked the blue colour on the vrod(?) but I would have liked more light so I could see things properly🌞
My flower pot handle is currently sporting a rough and ready wrap made out of black hair bands, I am definitely in the market for something sophisticated made out of wood 😈
Yeah I had to pick between two poisons too much light or not enough my darn flood wasn’t cooperating and a lot of light just didn’t bring out the mood I was trying to emote. Yeah a bit back I did pencils and tape lol.

rollerskater

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol::rofl:How do you use it once it's screwed down?
by putting the head on and hitting it! 🥴

i mean using the handle as a set screw to hold the post in place. when i first got the fp i screwed the handle in all the way and just let it rest on the post, which worked fine but was a little rickety when dealing with a hot, stuck weedeater head!

Top Bottom