• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Socks And Sandals

@Socks And Sandals - I have both SCS and BCG grinders and use both regularly with the flowerpot. I prefer the S&B brushes for cleanup/debowling.

Thank you man, I had to ask after watching Edwyn say how necessary a fine grind is with the flowerpot. Thanks again for confirming that the fluffy medium grind of our SCS is more than satisfactory. I wasn't too keen on the the idea of a new grinder at the moment. I can look ito the BCG and that fine plate later... good to know! :tup:

Not necessary at all, I have a 15 year old random headshop grinder that gives me a very medium but some might call it a light corse. I've experimented with a fine grind and wasn't happy with the results, number one problem was I would get a harsh note that I never get with my medium, didn't find it vaped substantially faster or bigger clouds and ISO soaking the screen was needed far more frequently.

I only have the debowler but don't think I would like the brush because I think it's too big. I never invert the bowl and just hold it on a slightly downward angle and tap against the spike and everything pretty much falls right out especially if the bowl is still hot, super easy.

Consider the delta 3D studios scoop and poke it's my go to for my Weedeater. A heaping scoop of my medium grind is exactly .05

here’s a pretty typical session for me

Thanks for the confirmation that a medium and light coarse grind works good as well. The only time I used to grind fine was with the plastic S&B and my plenty. It did seem to give off more hits and thicker vapor with that finer grind but I had no other grinder to compare it to at the time. When I did finally buy my medium 4 piece SCS, It was kind of hard to notice the difference at all tbh. Both in terms of clouds and even number of draws. Go figure lol.

Yeah man, I was also looking at delta 3d and If I'm not mistaken that scoop is the same one Troy uses a lot. If a heaping scoop of your medium grind is .05.. what's a level scoop? Thanks man! :D

Love the Milkshot btw! :rockon:

Socks And Sandals,

Doktor Dub

thanks for replying.i will check the video out now!my pid turns on and shows its current temperature but it doesnt heat up.i can get the exact same one from dhgate but it's a very long wait.fingers crossed the video helps me out.thanks again!

You have a link? I would like to get a backup... otherwise I think about getting a cheap nail and try if it fits ...

Edit: anybody has an idea if this would work with my showerhead?

https://graveda.de/e-nails/92/e-nai...mperatur/zeiteinstellung-14/18-mm-male/female

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
If a heaping scoop of your medium grind is .05.. what's a level scoop? Thanks man! :D
.04 , I think there's two styles a more square shovel and a triangular, I have the triangular and it's perfect for getting every last flake out of the grinder. Also you have size and material choice, there's the short plastic one which will fit in a closed grinder but it's not quite as good for stirring, then you have the medium and long metal I have the medium and find it to be a perfect length to be easy to manipulate, compact for a pocket and the handle sticks out just the right amount from my open grinder to be easy to grab. If I used my Ditanium more I might want the long metal one but it's not a major concern as I'm very happy with the medium for my Weedeater

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
You have a link? I would like to get a backup... otherwise I think about getting a cheap nail and try if it fits ...

https://graveda.de/e-nails/92/e-nai...mperatur/zeiteinstellung-14/18-mm-male/female

Thanks for the link, that looks preferable to ordering from China. I would also like to know if this controller will work with the flowerpot (with whatever head).

If NV are reading this: Can we expect the Flowerpot available in the UK anytime soon? Vapefiend are permanently out of stock? And, please make a bare bones bundle available for those of us who want to use their own controller and coil.... Paying so much for a few small pieces of machined titanium from the USA is enough... and let's face it, the titanium parts and their design are what we're here for, not the 3rd party electronics...

Last edited:
Haze Mister,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)

No, it wouldn’t work.
You need a barrel coil.
Not a coaxial coil.
That one attaches to the bottom of the banger, you need a coil that looks like a tube.
Just a generic 20mm barrel coil if I’m not wrong.
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

p.s: and to be honest with you, coils are industrial rugged look a like instruments, manufactured with an industrial mind, for tough heating applications, they tend to look like used, seconds or already used, like second hand.
Those shiny photoshopped perfect colored instruments of that link you provided, don’t give me any confidence at all at that reseller of more than cheapo asian coils and PID controller.
I’d go directly to the DHGATE and buy from them if you’re searching for cheap coils or PIDs.
Remember, nothing is made “usa nor eu”, it’s all made in China.
Perhaps even the high grade titanium that NV mills, at their FL headquarters comes from China or else. I doubt united states of north america can mill or produce such a fine product, as very fine titanium, without slaving people, so there’s that imho.
What you linked it’s from alibaba or DHGate rebranded by some german reseller.
As you can see here, these are the biggest Ti producers, forget about electronics and cheap PIDs.
DF831867-F322-46E7-8901-ED1825FC490C.png
As you can see, united states from north america nor europe aren’t there, same happens with most electronics manufacturers. Mostly everything is produced at asian markets.
2B245C0F-E1EC-4409-851A-9E7E42BB36FB.png

Last edited:

androponic

vaped.
Thanks for the link, that looks preferable to ordering from China. I would also like to know if this controller will work with the flowerpot (with whatever head).

If NV are reading this: Can we expect the Flowerpot available in the UK anytime soon? Vapefiend are permanently out of stock? And, please make a bare bones bundle available for those of us who want to use their own controller and coil.... Paying so much for a few small pieces of machined titanium from the USA is enough... and let's face it, the titanium parts and their design are what we're here for, not the 3rd party electronics...
the coil size you want is 20mm.

Zangano Cruel

I was about to quote you in my last post, but I see you already read and liked my answer to Doktor Dub. I’ve been a very good and loyal NV customer and I support all their products, but if I’m going to buy asian rebrands, I’m lucky they, NV, provide here, the kind of good ones that come from asian markets. I’ve had their rebranded PIDs since 2018, no failures in the PIDs nor coils. I own 4 barrel coils, 1 flat coil, 2x double and 2x singles NV PID rebrands.
2x VRODs, 1x WE, 1x SH, 1xD-Cup.
Take your pick and ask anything NV.
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

Zangano Cruel,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
p.s: and to be honest with you, coils are industrial rugged look a like instruments, manufactured with an industrial mind, for tough heating applications, they tend to look like used, seconds or already used, like second hand.
Those shiny photoshopped perfect colored instruments of that link you provided, don’t give me any confidence at all at that reseller of more than cheapo asian coils and PID controller.

The idea is that a German re-seller will (hopefully) be more careful with quality control and less likely to sell something that could end up being a fire hazard...

Haze Mister,

Zangano Cruel

The idea is that a German re-seller will (hopefully) be more careful with quality control and less likely to sell something that could end up being a fire hazard...
I highly doubt it. Most likely they’ll check on/off toggle power on/off, so they can complain to China about DOA (death on arrival) products 😂🤣, and blame them of bad QC and try to get the biggest refund from them and try not to pay them, because chinese people, according to most of westerners, don’t deserve anything 😂😂🤣🤣🤣
Good for them if they’re better human beings, but seeing that pristine photoshop work, I highly doubt they’re the kind ones.
Sad history we’re going right now with all the bs trade conflicts 😞😞
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Well, my point is that these guys may be doing the same as NV, that is, selecting decent Chinese product rather then the cheapest possible...I agree CGI models of products is always suspicious.
I think Western mistrust in Chinese sellers is well founded on repeated experience and is not about nationalistic/racial bias.

Haze Mister,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
My order is at the airport so next stop should be the border. Really looking forward to trying the new glass bowl, hope it's a little more even extraction than my current one and I'll be able to crush .05 in one hit with no cleanup.
81BE0FBE-E19C-4D16-B2F4-9DF72A4EE348.jpeg

chaos_theory

The Dude abides
I have the original Solid heat post and see there is a new “hollow” version.

Is there a noticeable difference with the new version?
Yes! My buddy recently bought a vrod kit for 4/20 and his stand came with this hollow version whereas my version that I bought last year has the solid one. I can confirm that its literally to prevent heat retention on the stand so its not such a huge heat sink to burn you as well as there is a bit less stickage. Sometimes when mine heats up on the solid version, the metal expands pretty well and I have to pull and wiggle it a bit hard to release it off the stand. The hollow one experiences this much less.

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
Sure, I'll mention a more bare bones bundle with metal only. Although you are able to do that by picking your parts out. Plenty of folks do just that. Let me see what I can come up with!

We are trying really hard to fill wholesale orders. i believe Lori was working on some wholesale stuff, i know it has been challenging to fill wholesale orders the last few months. So hopefully soon.

Hope you are all doing great!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
...is not about nationalistic/racial bias.

NV have been using vapecode controllers for a long time so there is clearly enough QC to warrant the continued support. I've dealt with Vapecode direct via DHGate and they've been great.

Link is in my sig if anyone ever wants to order direct from them.

EmDeemo,

rollerskater

Hi all, first post! This vape moved me to sign up and sing its praises. I can't get enough of my Weedeater! Smoking a bong was my favorite way to combust, so this thing has really shed the scales from my eyes. I went from the Mighty to this and it's like being born. I thought I lived in Bong City but I had never left West Bubblerburg. Using the Weedeater for the first time convinced me I was Mary the getting-high scientist: now I know. I love how this vape has stepped up my bong game. I love the patina the head develops. I love the form factor; it's like waving a wand and casting elevate. I love how powerful it is, it's legit better than smoking. Hits at 777 had me feeling like Godzilla. There went Tokyo. I love how delicate it can be; the airflow is so open you can get big low-temp hits with awesome flavor. It's also kinda dangerous! It radiates sex appeal; turns out sex appeal manifests as heat energy. Love this vape!

eta: Been using my Weedeater! 🥴 Came back to add, if there was one thing I could change, it would be the handle for the titanium bowl. I think the round handle is a little cheesy and hard to grip; I would love something flat, a key shape or like a guitar peg!

Last edited:

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Hi all, first post! This vape moved me to sign up and sing its praises. I can't get enough of my Weedeater! Smoking a bong was my favorite way to combust, so this thing has really shed the scales from my eyes. I went from the Mighty to this and it's like being born. I thought I lived in Bong City but I had never left West Bubblerburg. Using the Weedeater for the first time convinced me I was Mary the getting-high scientist: now I know. I love how this vape has stepped up my bong game. I love the patina the head develops. I love the form factor; it's like waving a wand and casting elevate. I love how powerful it is, it's legit better than smoking. Hits at 777 had me feeling like Godzilla. There went Tokyo. I love how delicate it can be; the airflow is so open you can get big low-temp hits with awesome flavor. It's also kinda dangerous! It radiates sex appeal; turns out sex appeal manifests as heat energy. Love this vape!

eta: Been using my Weedeater! 🥴 Came back to add, if there was one thing I could change, it would be the handle for the titanium bowl. I think the round handle is a little cheesy and hard to grip; I would love something flat, a key shape or like a guitar peg!
thank you for the honest review. I'm thrilled to hear that you like our weedeater. One of the underlying benefits of the flowerpot is that ability to adapt to different glass. I hope you enjoy experimenting with new glass as much as I do. Every time you use your flowerpot with a different glass it's like having a new vape. I also like the guitar guitar tuning peg suggestion. The Shovelhead bowl uses a standard 10-24 thread on it's handle so you may find various random items that will work to replace the bowl handle. I will also look at adding an upgraded handle to the lineup for the future. Welcome to the Flowerpot Family. #flowerpower

1024px-Stemmechanisme_ukelele_closeup-1.jpg

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
The hollow post was originally designed to hold the dcup. We soon realized there were more benefits for holding the flowerpot heads. Not sticking as much was one of the benefits. The drop in flowerpot head temp is quite noticeable. With the solid post you can notice the pid dropping in temp when the head is placed back on the solid post.

Baron23

So basically this thermocouple represents the actual temp of the coil then (specifically the the area of the wraps) and not necessarily the banger or in this case.. the Vrod Head and even less so the shovelhead bowl in this case? Just want to be sure I'm understanding it right.
You got it in one. The TC at the end of the coil sends back a proportional voltage indicating temp back to the PID.

If you let you NV FP heater (or really any type of banger/e-nail) heat sink the differences in temp between coil and heater head will minimize.

Please keep in mind that these coils are NOT lab quality and calibrated devices and temp set point on the PID should only be considered a relative temp. Turn it up, it gets hotter. Turn it down, it gets cooler.

Also, even when heat soaked, you heater head will generally not be at quite the same temp as your coil due to larger area for heat dissipation (and you drawing air thru it, yeah). Or at least this is my experience.

Socks And Sandals

You got it in one. The TC at the end of the coil sends back a proportional voltage indicating temp back to the PID.

If you let you NV FP heater (or really any type of banger/e-nail) heat sink the differences in temp between coil and heater head will minimize.

Please keep in mind that these coils are NOT lab quality and calibrated devices and temp set point on the PID should only be considered a relative temp. Turn it up, it gets hotter. Turn it down, it gets cooler.

Also, even when heat soaked, you heater head will generally not be at quite the same temp as your coil due to larger area for heat dissipation (and you drawing air thru it, yeah). Or at least this is my experience.

Yeah, I understand you're supposed to heat sink for 5 minutes with every temperature adjustment. Other than just experimentation going up and down at 650F there really isn't any kind of a temperature guide that shows the approximate temps of the SIC Dish and Bowl vs. what is displayed on the PID readout? I know that NV does mention in the "FP University Faq" that the setting of 650F is the approximate equivalent of 374F in the bowl and 450F in the dish. Then again, there might just be way too many variables here to even guestimate it lol. While I understand it isn't a big deal, I kinda do wish there was a guide that showed the approximate temps of both the top dish and bowl vs. what the PID is reading. And even if they don't.. hey, I'm going to have a fun time playing around with this!

It's funny too because when I first read about this vape a couple years ago.. I was watching some of the videos and wondering.. How in the blue hell isn't this vape combusting the material at these insane temps of 650F. Thanks for helping me understand the TC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom