Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Mangu

Does anyone care to express how important they feel that the carb cap is on the Vrod when using for flower only?
I feel it makes a big difference, for me, personally wouldn’t use it uncapped unless I had no cap to use. When the cap is not on after 15-20 seconds you can see vapor escaping from the top of the heater unit. I can’t imagine it’s better to allow all of the hot air to rise on out, although I also can’t imagine it makes a MASSIVE difference...but definitely prefer to keep the herb/load capped If possible to trap all the goodies in as much as possible.

Vapxr

I feel it makes a big difference, for me, personally wouldn’t use it uncapped unless I had no cap to use. When the cap is not on after 15-20 seconds you can see vapor escaping from the top of the heater unit. I can’t imagine it’s better to allow all of the hot air to rise on out, although I also can’t imagine it makes a MASSIVE difference...but definitely prefer to keep the herb/load capped If possible to trap all the goodies in as much as possible.

I personally have never experienced vapor rising out of the top of my vrod. Do you start your draw as soon as you place the head on the bowl or do you let it heatsoak? Even with a few second heat soak I still don't see vapor rising. Usually run my temps around 650f.

That said I think the carb cap is nice for flower. However I get great extraction without the carb if I slow my inhale. If I want to get big hits or really cash the load then I will carb it.

Baron23

but more about what the carp cap can help achieve (lower temps for flower).

This ^^ 100%, IMO

It ain't about a VROD, a SH, a WE, or any other vape. Its about physics which doesn't care about the application.

The simple fact is that lower pressure depresses boiling points. If a person doesn't want that, don't cap. But that does not negate the effect; which is boiling at somewhat lower temps.

https://socratic.org/questions/how-does-atmospheric-pressure-affect-boiling-points

Cheers

Last edited:

Mangu

I personally have never experienced vapor rising out of the top of my vrod. Do you start your draw as soon as you place the head on the bowl or do you let it heatsoak? Even with a few second heat soak I still don't see vapor rising. Usually run my temps around 650f.

That said I think the carb cap is nice for flower. However I get great extraction without the carb if I slow my inhale. If I want to get big hits or really cash the load then I will carb it.
Heat soak for 15-20 seconds and I guess stare at the top of the heater :shrug: happens for me every day. Again I don’t think the cap is necessary, but I think it does improve the experience somewhat. Pair up my logic with Barons scientific explanation above and it all makes even more sense.

tb42091

I love carb caps for both vrod and SH, like others said it's not mandatory but I use them 100% of the time with flower only.

But with a 15-20 second bowl heat soak, isnt the vapor rising out the top due to the conduction through the ti bowl? Without the cap, the vapor rises out of the diffuser like a chimney. With the cap it is caught because the holes in the cap arent at the highest point.

OR maybe I'm just high :science: :lol:

tb42091,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I love carb caps for both vrod and SH, like others said it's not mandatory but I use them 100% of the time with flower only.

But with a 15-20 second bowl heat soak, isnt the vapor rising out the top due to the conduction through the ti bowl? Without the cap, the vapor rises out of the diffuser like a chimney. With the cap it is caught because the holes in the cap arent at the highest point.

OR maybe I'm just high :science: :lol:

Radiant heat too

EDIT: Putting the carb cap on just traps and condenses the vapour on the carb cap and adds more heated mass, its still a vapour loss. A better solution is to make sure you remove the head between each hit. Its good to make part of the ritual that the only time the head is on the bowl is a pre heat or when inhaling.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

15-20 seconds? Is that an initial heat-soak, or do you leave the heater head on the bowl between hits?

I'm not speaking from experience, as I'm still waiting for me Vrod to ship...but everything I know says that one should use the heater head of the flowerpot like we used to use a lighter. You put it on the bowl, take your hit, and remove the heater from the bowl before you finish inhaling and clear your glass. That's what the stand is for.

Leaving it on between hits just seems like overdoing the idea of a heat soak.

How do you clear your glass piece, by pulling out the whole damn bowl with heater-head assembly attached?

Last edited:

waxdab23

Anyone know where to get glass bowls? I just looked on nv site and dhgate and both were sold out. Are they really going like toilet paper?

waxdab23,

Doktor Dub

Hi, anybody here has experience with the Flowerpot and a Möbius stereo matrix? I think i want one very badly but don t know which size to prefer... 50t, 60t or 65t.

Very happy about feedback and if you know where to score one in the EU, new or used - tell me :peace:

Gigsabits53

Anyone know where to get glass bowls? I just looked on nv site and dhgate and both were sold out. Are they really going like toilet paper?
I believe Grav Labs carries a similar glass bowl with a handle. I do not know if the size is right for the VROD head.

Gigsabits53,

tb42091

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Carb cap is useful with the vrod as it has less heated surface area than the Showerhead.

Without a cap you can use it like an unregulated vape and really ride the line between combustion for some absolute crusher hits. With the cap the vape will act more regulated and you can't really do the same type of ramped inhale.

Gigsabits53

I received my 4/20 order yesterday. Everything came as ordered. I added another glass bowl and decided to give the metal screen a try again. Works great and I can't tell any difference in flavor. I had been giving my herb a coarse grind and filling the bowl w/o a metal screen. The metal screen just keeps things much cleaner.

I must say, it's very nice having two posts, two SH bowls, and two glass bowls. I currently am running 2 rigs, one with water and one without, while having one setup for the glass bowl and the other with the SH bowl. The FP is the holy grail for me so far. This vape will be improved upon and who knows what else is on the horizon. It's going to be hard to beat the performance and quality of the FP.

waxdab23

I bought the glass bowls from DHgates "popular glass" seller that is out of stock. I found another shop with them though, 2 different depths even, "plusplusglass" is the seller. Not as cheap as popular glass but good reviews.
https://m.dhgate.com/product/pluspl...w-vaporizer/414482644.html?invitorid=buMfei7e
14mm- https://m.dhgate.com/product/pluspl...ort-version/416804386.html?invitorid=buMfei7e
18mm- https://m.dhgate.com/product/pluspl...ort-version/416885816.html?invitorid=buMfei7e

Just purchased a couple. Thanks!!!

waxdab23,
Reactions: tb42091

VelocityREST

Does the glass bowl improve the flavor by much? I feel like the shovelbowl would be much easier to use for multiple bowls & stirring is easier.

On another topic, I remember there used to an accessory of sorts that allows the enail to run on battery, was it phased out?

VelocityREST,

danielblakes

flowerpot fiend
On another topic, I remember there used to an accessory of sorts that allows the enail to run on battery, was it phased out?
Haven't seen it on NVs site in a while but this is the model they sold https://www.amazon.com/NEXGADGET-Pa...01HEVEDTG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 unavailable right now but you could search the model number. Other ac powerbanks should work but I'm not sure the actual draw the enail controller takes.

i'm also curious opinions on the glass bowls. i love my adjustabowl for the versatility but have been meaning to pick the 14mm glass up when i catch it in stock.

MAbud

Does the glass bowl improve the flavor by much? I feel like the shovelbowl would be much easier to use for multiple bowls & stirring is easier.

For me yes. I have to run at a higher temp because the Ti is more conductive, but flavor is better on the glass. I also like having glass in the air path as much as possible (personal preference)

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
So I purchased the NewVape AVB can for 420 and oh my, what an improvement in keeping my station clean and tidy..
3inch_abv_can_5_7_300x300.jpg

Unlike the picture, I screwed the holder for the brush (with the locknut) from the bottom. This keeps the brush about a 1/4” lower which I feel is beneficial. I have also found the brush is excellent for cleaning stems from my other vapes (TinyMight as an example) and it does a fantastic job. I would only recommend NewVape or users put a stainless strand around the brush about half way up to keep the strands from splaying outwards. Regardless, really stoked to have this as part of my vape station, more so than I thought I would be! Great job @NewVape710 !!!

thevapist

Another benefit of the glass bowl is no air leaks in while taking a hit. The TI bowls, being multiple pieces, do let in a little bit of air while taking a hit. If I run enough concentrate through before cleaning, it will seal it pretty nicely though.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I upgraded my order. Now I have the full kit with everything I wanted shipping soon! I'm soooo happy :razz:

Been wanting a Flowerpot for well over a year now, and now I'm on my way to having one.
I rock! :rockon:

Screen-Shot-2020-05-04-at-10-18-38-PM.png

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
My Vrod essentials bundle showed up yesterday. I ordered it during their 420 sale. I’m super excited to be a part of the New Vape family. I have been using it set at 660. I get a smooth big first hit. Really nice vapor! The herbs still look on the green side but don’t produce much more vapor at the set temp. If I use the carb cap I can pull the rest out of the herbs at that temp no problem. I like this method and it seems easy on my throat and lungs. I’m excited to figure out what temp will get me to full extraction without the carb cap. I love the wide open draw without the cap. I don’t do concentrates much and have yet to play with the dabbing aspect.

I’m really loving the Vrod and all its components it came with. They all feel like quality items except for one small piece. It’s been mentioned here before. My carb cap handle was pretty ruff. So ruff that I decided I couldn’t live with it. I wish I’d taken a picture of before. It was bad. My fix was to first sand it smooth. I put the pick end into my drill and turned it like a lathe using 220 and 600 grit then finishing with 0000 steel wool. I didn’t like the white color so I tried using coffee to stain it but it wasn’t dark enough for me so I put it back in the drill and torched it while turning it. I then finished it off with some Ed’s TNT bomb ass butter. It now looks very similar in appearance to some of my blackwood pieces.
E89-B4-E27-4539-4886-979-A-350-FA7-A2082-C.jpg

Hopfully @NewVape710 will get restocked soon! I’ve got a big list of goodies I NEED now. By the looks of it they got hit hard on 420.

Top Bottom