Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I thought that the VRod was the solution? And a well executed, elegant solution. NewVape does not do anything half-assed in any way. Edwyn is a great engineering perfectionist after all.

I’m kinda finding myself in the tight spot of agreeing with @Hogni once again*, with or without walls that insert would have to be tiny. Forget micro-dabs, you would be taking nano-dabs, plus if any oil/rosin/sauce gets between the insert and the hot Ti trough, it would be a yucky sticky situation. Just use the Vrod!

The best, nay the ONLY, design consideration to be considered for the Showerhead should be a circumcised revision. I agree with @buddingglasshead about changing it to be Vrod-like with the head being 19 holes w/no dish & please no wrench sides. I’m sick I didn’t get a smooth Vrod before the latest revision since I wouldn’t have been taking the coil out so would have been a happy stoner. I’m trying but finding it hard to get with the new look, I’ll get over it and get one but man, I really loved the looks of the OG.

*dammit!

Last edited:

thekayo

THE SOLUTION! Instead of it being at the same height you could just make a solid piece that fits perfectly into the showerhead. then on top would be the regular sized dish. I know the vrod is the solution but...
QmgnfJagK25gG4rMtAhUyoED6dJ4vdBrPqJGpcKmUN5m6-iKnNNtFk0h5AfBSngyMQ-MnO4-AQfn7urUi4DYIVySMmP4thAoFWCuz3En0u423n0sgS3086SD3wp-5yZDAFjAazitdG7Sbtx6IEj3N49ekA47X3N9_eGtKShJ8TwBvP-rx7kUJnsVhHcpkOIYNDnU0MJDi381iWS0vKl0-sMqfXii0jYjiyK6CI7PNSIAJnByfMUpe_iEt7C0rrWeUV6cJK1r8N6FFIvHV359-4WuhkVtcEPiORP0KsNKaqg1tk1Nlx7ilPLzLG3EFGix0gbJFOOXG5-FkBOeZYRiAYzmWAi-cPn_8madMdzCO8iMYyhVFRP4LdKiUbem1aME4N2HV3VdxkRaNpKhDEs1XqrBWpAWM-3LXMxOUHrn5sLoFzk-jh6tQPP-5qcdf-Zl74iP7eIuRJl3gqcL3OoIrrkGE0QQmHV_yxDClIqvSofE2YfzKwfWl01MpmLDIRYy2jobA6IKnXm5ywk3N86LWa45BM9a5hqFXzoj8Y6bKx6ewmNtBVatVZZLEE4REc0DFtlliGDysFW4Q91BRLqsTpKZBV_smcotfiRKns5NlxYAcxrqRvupN3QlvIoqIRpG=s1000-no

tb42091

perhaps a ring without walls would work as an emergency solution? Not perfect by any means but could be a good step up?
I d be quite happy with a "half-ass-solution" :lol:
I had said just this a month or 2 ago and someone told me that you lose some thermal conductivity by not being able to screw the insert down, like you do with the VROD dishes, so for the insert to work you would have to have it turned up way high.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think anyone has tried it though. Maybe taking a big chinese quartz banger and hacking it up with a dremel to fit in the dish? :brow:

Alternative options would be fill the SH dish with quartz, sapphire, or ruby balls. And hope most of the dab vaporizes before running down to the titanium. I'm sure that would improve flavor but not fix it entriely

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Since Edwyn manufactures all these great products himself...what's to stop him from offering both the smooth and a wrench side version of the VRod? That should keep ALL VRod customers happy. :tup:

I may eventually pick one up, and I'd prefer the smooth sided one...:nod:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Of course the smooth sided one! The new "wrench" type looks a bit like a damaged fat srew nut wrapped around a bolt. But too less to look steampunk (which wouldn't also really be my thing).
There are for sure more sophistaced ways to tighten the connection.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@newvape918 & @NewVape710 how about y’all tell us what’s occurring in the VapeLab? Any plans for a Showerhead update/revision or is this just a (really smart) pipe-dream? :D Is there anything else to be released by NewVape in 2018? @Shrike makes a great point, would you consider offering the smooth sided design as another option? :cool: You guys have been too quiet over here, this radio silence is killing me!!

:leaf: Happy Friday & weekend to all! :leaf:

lasvideo

Day 4 of T break......................................................................................................................... :(

I dont know about you folks, but when Ive reached the T saturation point where I need a break, I go thru the classic signs of minor withdrawal . Sporadic loss of appetite, minor chills, irritability. I just push thru with exercise, distractions (guitar) and lots of water. Not a unique experience in our culture...ever see someone try to quit coffee or cigarettes? The payoff (in my case) at the end, however, is worth the hassle.

Last edited:

thekayo

Day 4 of T break......................................................................................................................... :(

I dont know about you folks, but when Ive reached the T saturation point where I need a break, I go thru the classic signs of minor withdrawal . Sporadic loss of appetite, minor chills, irritability. I just push thru with exercise, distractions (guitar) and lots of water. Not a unique experience in our culture...ever see someone try to quit coffee or cigarettes? The payoff (in my case) at the end, however, is worth the hassle.

Im on like day 7. and i just picked up a 1/4. I had the usual loss of appetite plus some minor irritability. Now i wait for 4:20!! happy vaping

SunnyHours

+1000 - any chance to see somthing like this? Soooo little concentrate use by me but still nice to have a good solution for these few special-times...

Other than that, not much for me to add to this great thread as the SH is just so good with Flowers and just works...

I'd be really down with this and maybe some kind of quick adapter that adapts the multiple holes to 1 big hole to maximize the pulling ability and minimize concentrate waste... maybe something like the Pins to block the holes or something?
Maybe even just a SiC Dish Cover for the SH that incorporates the Dabbing surface and also covers the outer holes like the WA does?

This is just a recommendation, but if @NewVape710 is interested in my idea I wouldn't mind making a drawing of the multiple Ideas I have! (Not the best "artist" but I do Logo design and Photoshop among other things and always could get my point across even though it's not always the prettiest drawing...I'm much better in Illustrator and Photoshop but that's a lot more work, and I'd rather you tell me if you have any interest first LOL)

SunnyHours,
Reactions: Vaporware

Tommy10

Pulled the trigger on a Vrod with all the bits and bops, hoping I got t right and ordered everything because postage to down under is a hurtful one. 525USD so I’m guessing I got everything, more than I’ve ever spent on a vape but I think it’ll answer a lotttt if questions.

steama

Pulled the trigger on a Vrod with all the bits and bops, hoping I got t right and ordered everything because postage to down under is a hurtful one. 525USD so I’m guessing I got everything, more than I’ve ever spent on a vape but I think it’ll answer a lotttt if questions.
In order to get your order completely correct you need to be stoned when you place an order. It's a rule. Do not worry about what you spent because it is worth every single penny.

Congrats Tommy!

:rockon:

steama,

thekayo

0.5g of pink kush into the showerhead and I am on the moon. thank you for this amazing product. I also wonder who owns a volcano? or has tried one alot. I am not a " fan " of it personally I feel the flowerpot is at the same level if not higher. What are your thoughts?

thekayo,
Reactions: steama

steama

0.5g of pink kush into the showerhead and I am on the moon. thank you for this amazing product. I also wonder who owns a volcano? or has tried one alot. I am not a " fan " of it personally I feel the flowerpot is at the same level if not higher. What are your thoughts?
I still have my classic volcano.

Not into bags, the vapor makes me feel squimish and mucky inside. I feel the New Vape Flower Pot is by far the superior tool to enjoy cannabis with unless you are handing out bags of vapor at a party. Most vapes excel at something.

Don't get me wrong the Volcano is very high quality and lasts for many years it is just not my -- bag.

:brow:

Tommy10

In order to get your order completely correct you need to be stoned when you place an order. It's a rule. Do not worry about what you spent because it is worth every single penny.

Congrats Tommy!

:rockon:

Cheers mate. Price is the price I wish I had one sooner looks more than worth it. I just hope I didn’t fudge up and got everything I need because the down under postage (like everything to here) is a bitch.
Think I got it all. Did the build a kit slecteded one of everything minus glass plus I got the
14/18metal male and 14/18 glass male so I’m hoping I’m set. Aussie voltage controller as an option and yea..... was stoned haha.

Hogni

Some time ago I intended to buy a VRod in addition to my SH. After seeing the current revision I decided to only buy more NV accessories at BF sale and wait for a new VRod revision - or whatever Edwyn will offer as a successor of it.
But alone the most interesting items summed are $350 :o And I already have a lot of their awesome accessories.
So I hope there'll be no new VRod revision until BF!

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
style / function?
or
function / style?

I love this forum. You all are a product designer's dream come true.

The seized up vrod coils were more of a issue than anyone can imagine. You should have seen the first "2 flat" version it was very ugly. One of our machinist suggested rotating the flats around the OD to try and improve the looks. I admit I had a stoner moment and forgot to make the number of flats an even amount on the first one (required for wrench) machinist returns with priceless edwyn f'd up grin. The flats do take a little getting used to. When holding the 2 heads at the same time most people tell me they prefer the flats version. The flats do add to the manufacturing cycle time. And are a real pain to hand debur. But the problem is solved. With set of adjustable wrenches the vrod is easily removed from the coil without marring the surfaces.

I'll be glad to offer the Vrod without flats version with disclaimer on special request. Or perhaps
a deal on a refurbished returns.

I think a little threaded titanium end cap for standing the dabbers upright is a nice idea.

I still have over 1k of special tooling and macor waiting (on a slow time) to be machined.

Here's what i'm working on today. I'm still trying to verify if adding vacuum to the 20 ton press allows increased yields and or lower temps. This press is ready to be shipped to our new satellite r&d facility in Denver. Where we can have access to the right materials for proper testing. Hopefully debut at the emerald cup in December.

I'm going to try and reread the past 5 pages of posts this weekend.

@NewVape420 is in keywest doing his version of the duval crawl

vacuum_rosin_press2.jpg

tb42091

I also have a classic, and while the FP has taken its place as my DD, I've never been able to replicate the consistent, accurate low temp bags I can pull from the volcano, so typically the volcano gets used when I have people over or in the morning or before going out when I want specific low temp vapor. The FP is way better at microdosing and smacking me in the face.

In the end I've concluded they are different devices that do entirely different things, and I'm not sure I'd say one is better than the other for just that reason, though if I had a gun to my head and could only have one personally I prefer the FP at this point. The FP does some things better and the volcano does others, but if it were going to be my personal device for the rest of my life, it would be the FP. I could see how the exposed hot titanium could become something that cant be out on the reg though as life progresses.

Edit: @NewVape710 - is there a reason you all machined it with so many sides? Does it make it easier to grab with the coil sticking out? Would making 2 opposite sides flat, provide the surfaces for an adjustae wrench to grab in the case of it getting stuck? Maybe cut down on machine time too?

Excited to see what's to come!

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Here's what i'm working on today. I'm still trying to verify if adding vacuum to the 20 ton press allows increased yields and or lower temps. This press is ready to be shipped to our new satellite r&d facility in Denver. Where we can have access to the right materials for proper testing. Hopefully debut at the emerald cup in December.

Damn I've been wondering about something like this for a while, super curious to hear your findings from this experiment Edwyn!!

Hogni

Vaccum tech sounds like a great idea. I guess it'll work regarding your aims but have a bit fear the terps could be sucked out more btw.

Hogni,

ssh

Just got my flowerpot but I'm not sure everything is right. I originally purchased an Auber RDK-300A w/ 20mm coil and a VRod. Then I noticed the VRod and the counter-clockwise auber coil weren't compatible so I sent the VRod back and got a reverse Vrod.

Now I can assemble it and it seems to work ok but it seems like I have to use high temperatures and the coil wiggles inside the housing and this doesn't seem right from what I've read about the quality of the unit. How badly did I fuck up? This is my first enail and trying to make everything work is a headache. I should have just purchased the bundle from newvape.

What's the cheapest way to make my assembly work? I just want to buy a new coil that is compatible with the RDK-300A and reverse VRod.

ssh,

Likes2vape

Just got my flowerpot but I'm not sure everything is right. I originally purchased an Auber RDK-300A w/ 20mm coil and a VRod. Then I noticed the VRod and the counter-clockwise auber coil weren't compatible so I sent the VRod back and got a reverse Vrod.

Now I can assemble it and it seems to work ok but it seems like I have to use high temperatures and the coil wiggles inside the housing and this doesn't seem right from what I've read about the quality of the unit. How badly did I fuck up? This is my first enail and trying to make everything work is a headache. I should have just purchased the bundle from newvape.

What's the cheapest way to make my assembly work? I just want to buy a new coil that is compatible with the RDK-300A and reverse VRod.
Most standard coils will not work with the vrod you will need a coil from @710Coils for the vrod. There’s another coil that will work but I forgot who makes it.

ssh

Pics could be useful. Is it a 5 (better 4 1/2) wrap coil?

This is the coil and how it sits in the housing, seems like I need a 17mm coil. I think its 4.5 wrap, like I said I'm new to this game.

Most standard coils will not work with the vrod you will need a coil from @710Coilsade for the vrod. There’s another coil that will work but I forgot who makes it.
I read someone saying the 710coils worked well with the VRod. Is this what I'm looking for? https://710coils.com/collections/everything-1/products/vrod-flower-pot-coil?variant=18763563958390 Shame it's not in stock.

Thanks for the help guys.

@710Coils, his shop sells the right coils for the OG VRod and also the reverse one.
Both are wired in the common "D-Nail" style (that you need) and are available in 110 and 220V.
https://710coils.com/collections/everything-1/products/20mm-barrel
Oh, since I have the reverse Vrod, this one should be it. right? and its in stock!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom