Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Don't know anything about temperature gauges, but I would think this would be a great thread in Ask FC. You'll open up the conversation to the expertise of the entire membership, not just those who follow this thread. Would make for an interesting discussion, & the rest of us would learn something.

TRUE, or the search feature. There certainly are many posts about PID settings.
What I do, when searching, is I’ll set the search for “thread” first, then “forum”, then “everywhere”, this helps narrow it down. I’ve seen some PID setting posts in both DCup & TCup threads.

Hmmm, I found a place to start:

And....

Last edited:

Enialis

Don't know anything about temperature gauges, but I would think this would be a great thread in Ask FC. You'll open up the conversation to the expertise of the entire membership, not just those who follow this thread. Would make for an interesting discussion, & the rest of us would learn something.
Yea just thought I'd throw that in while I was thinking about it ill definitely ask there about them.

Anyone else here using an auber thats dug into the settings at all? There should be a common PSL number for the vrods just like there are for dnails with some slight variation but I don't think newvape has done the math since there controllers don't have that setting.

Would be interested in adjusting some other settings once I've brought it up to temp if someone has any first hand experience doing that, right now I'm just digging through old posts but its hit or miss if it's relevant info

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Enialis , you might gain some insight from reading here forward (:shrug:):

This was the discussion pre-release of the auber 300B model to it's release.

Just realized @EmDeemo's account is inactive & he's been MIA since 9/2020. Anyone know what happened to him? He's missed.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@Enialis , you might gain some insight from reading here forward (:shrug:):

This was the discussion pre-release of the auber 300B model to it's release.

Just realized @EmDeemo's account is inactive & he's been MIA since 9/2020. Anyone know what happened to him? He's missed.

I guess Enials missed my post above with 2 links, if read from the first, and keep going, many are back and forth with EmDeemo. I communicated with him when he left. Decided to concentrate on his music endeavors. He is MISSED!

Vapouristo

Vapouristo Extraordinaire IG: @Vapouristo
Company Rep
hey guys, noticed something on my NV PID recently and I can't seem to fix it. Perhaps I accidently messed with the parameters? Or maybe someone can enlighten me....

I noticed my coil glows red hot when the PID is heating from a cold start. After the temp read-out passes 500, it starts to glow red, until it turns bright red around 680-700 before the glowing stops and the coil drops to the desired temp.

Any advice? Faulty parameters? Faulty coil? I never noticed the glow until recently when I was in the dark; it never used to glow.

Anyone else with glowing coils after starting the PID?

Vapouristo,

damm

Yea just thought I'd throw that in while I was thinking about it ill definitely ask there about them.

Anyone else here using an auber thats dug into the settings at all? There should be a common PSL number for the vrods just like there are for dnails with some slight variation but I don't think newvape has done the math since there controllers don't have that setting.

Would be interested in adjusting some other settings once I've brought it up to temp if someone has any first hand experience doing that, right now I'm just digging through old posts but its hit or miss if it's relevant info
If you need to calculate the PSL, you are going to need a few things.

1. Amprobe TMD-50 Thermocouple Thermometer K-type
  2. K-Type Thermocouple PK-1000 Temperature Sensor Probe w. High Temperature Fiber Insulation 1832F or 1000C (Set of 2)
Once you have those, you can review Auber Manual for Setting PSL to calculate the PSL.

If you are using an Auber Branded Coil, review the manual I linked as it has PSL settings for you, removing the need to buy anything.

snackmaster

@cvs8floz dunno, according to CH they've historically had a really high failure rate of something like 50% on glass bowls in terms of not fitting FP heads so I assume the smaller OD is an overcorrection. That feels like hyperbole, but in fairness I've only got the one plusplus bowl so maybe we'd see more issues in a larger sample? However, that's such an easy QC test that I don't see how a vendor could be that shitty.

Circa1999

My WeedEater shows up in 2 days, do you guys recommend following the official instructions that comes with the thing or is there a better source?

Circa1999,

Enialis

TRUE, or the search feature. There certainly are many posts about PID settings.
What I do, when searching, is I’ll set the search for “thread” first, then “forum”, then “everywhere”, this helps narrow it down. I’ve seen some PID setting posts in both DCup & TCup threads.

Hmmm, I found a place to start:

And....

Yes thats exactly what I've been doing, but it's nice to have a conversation with somebody about it to clarify things im finding in old posts.

I'm not quite sure why your linking me to threads of completely different
I guess Enials missed my post above with 2 links, if read from the first, and keep going, many are back and forth with EmDeemo. I communicated with him when he left. Decided to concentrate on his music endeavors. He is MISSED!
Sorry didn't mean to ignore you. You actually posted that post while I was still writing the one after it and I'm only just now seeing. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
If you need to calculate the PSL, you are going to need a few things.

1. Amprobe TMD-50 Thermocouple Thermometer K-type
  2. K-Type Thermocouple PK-1000 Temperature Sensor Probe w. High Temperature Fiber Insulation 1832F or 1000C (Set of 2)
Once you have those, you can review Auber Manual for Setting PSL to calculate the PSL.

If you are using an Auber Branded Coil, review the manual I linked as it has PSL settings for you, removing the need to buy anything.
How suitable is that thermometer for other purposes?

I was balking at the price compared to some of the cheaper options or looking at purpose built gadgets at that price but then I realized I'm probably going to need one at some point after I get my 3d printer set up for my next project.

I don't have anything specific in mind i just saw it on a list of tools at a makerspace and haven't been able to follow up on that yet.

Grampyhash

Maybe they won't nail you too bad, fingers crossed. Your order hasn't shipped out yet though right? If I was you and you get it before I do you'll have to post lots of pics to make me jealous 😜.

Between the 3 of us we'll have a really good benchmark for future Canadian customers :D.
Another Canadian here. DHL came very fast but it’s cost me 30 some bucks for their fees. Total BS but no choice but to pay it.

RiskyRaccoon

@RiskyRaccoon, how about cutting a silicone baking mat or potholder to size & wrapping it around the handle? And how about seeing a dermatologist for a diagnosis & treatment?
I'll definitely see a dermatologist once I'm vaccinated. That is a good idea though. I used a thermocouple to measure the temp of the handle, and it is a steady 82 F which combined w/ the wick is enough to make my hands sting from the micro cuts that have ensued. I still don't think it's a product I can recommend "as is" to people who might suffer from this (which honestly could be anyone), and I hope they improve the design.

RiskyRaccoon,

Socks And Sandals

Hey fellas, it's been a while since I posted last (had to move out of California and still adjusting) but I had some pressing questions I kinda needed answered. I notice a whole lot of you guys use temps much higher than I do.. so I'm hoping someone can give me a temp recommendation for that new glass bowl. I normally start my sessions at 600F on average with flower (sometimes rarely even 580F) and end them about 620 or 630 and pretty much the same with the glass bowl. I can't fathom using this without the carb cap because I've tried, with many different strains and it's just too damn airy IMO. I usually have my first 2 hits with the carb cap about 1/4 of the way open and just play with that.. 3rd or 4th hit (if there is a 4th hit) are always fully carbed. I understand that since most of you guys use these higher temps, I'm kinda afraid to ask what temp I should be using the glass bowl with the Vrod with but I will.... What temp? :\

I also recently discovered that I still like to combust once in a while as it kinda reminds me of why I vape and the health benefits. I bought the FC-200 v2 from discount enails for that reason.. and since this was the rig that CH originally used to ship the flowerpot bundles, I thought it was a sound choice. I just have 2 questions. 1. Do you guys think that's too much percolation for the FP? and 2. Do you guys use the same glass you have put smoke through with vapor? My CH 9.5 bent neck slitted diffuser has never seen smoke. I guess I always thought it would taint it somehow LOL.. I know ridiculous right? :p

Also my NV PID has been acting strange lately.. always overshooting drastically and many times dropping 8 degrees of the simple movement of me removing the vrod from the stand and placing it on the glass or TI bowl.. It doesn't really affect much as I need time to recover for the next hit anyway but it didn't use to do that. I've already done the Auto Tune that Zancru and a few others told me about. Not sure if it's helping much.

damm

How suitable is that thermometer for other purposes?

I was balking at the price compared to some of the cheaper options or looking at purpose built gadgets at that price but then I realized I'm probably going to need one at some point after I get my 3d printer set up for my next project.

I don't have anything specific in mind i just saw it on a list of tools at a makerspace and haven't been able to follow up on that yet.
The probes I linked would be considered industrial use—lots of uses, including knowing the temp of your dish so you can have that perfect dab.

damm,
Reactions: BigJr48

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Hey fellas, it's been a while since I posted last (had to move out of California and still adjusting) but I had some pressing questions I kinda needed answered. I notice a whole lot of you guys use temps much higher than I do.. so I'm hoping someone can give me a temp recommendation for that new glass bowl. I normally start my sessions at 600F on average with flower (sometimes rarely even 580F) and end them about 620 or 630 and pretty much the same with the glass bowl. I can't fathom using this without the carb cap because I've tried, with many different strains and it's just too damn airy IMO. I usually have my first 2 hits with the carb cap about 1/4 of the way open and just play with that.. 3rd or 4th hit (if there is a 4th hit) are always fully carbed. I understand that since most of you guys use these higher temps, I'm kinda afraid to ask what temp I should be using the glass bowl with the Vrod with but I will.... What temp? :\

I also recently discovered that I still like to combust once in a while as it kinda reminds me of why I vape and the health benefits. I bought the FC-200 v2 from discount enails for that reason.. and since this was the rig that CH originally used to ship the flowerpot bundles, I thought it was a sound choice. I just have 2 questions. 1. Do you guys think that's too much percolation for the FP? and 2. Do you guys use the same glass you have put smoke through with vapor? My CH 9.5 bent neck slitted diffuser has never seen smoke. I guess I always thought it would taint it somehow LOL.. I know ridiculous right? :p

Also my NV PID has been acting strange lately.. always overshooting drastically and many times dropping 8 degrees of the simple movement of me removing the vrod from the stand and placing it on the glass or TI bowl.. It doesn't really affect much as I need time to recover for the next hit anyway but it didn't use to do that. I've already done the Auto Tune that Zancru and a few others told me about. Not sure if it's helping much.

I don't use a drastically different temp when using my glass bowl vs my ti one, I might go down a little due to the material being a bit closer to the heater. I'd start with whatever works for you with your shovel head and just go from there.

That glass does look like its more perc then I'd normally go for with a vapor rig but it's not like its not going to work:D. I don't use the same glass to combust as I do to vape, I've noticed when I accidentally combust I can taste it until I clean my glass. Some people make a point to say never combusted in when selling glass, but its not like you can't just clean it all out. I still prefer to keep my combustion and vapor pieces separate though even though I'm not tied up in the world of fancy pants elite glass sales:dog:.

Top Bottom