Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Kins

If you send him the measurements he will make it to measure.

Inboxed (welp nevermind can’t PM you for some reason)

Regarding temps I find combustion is a higher possibility if you have more content in your bowl. Example this morning I combusted at 650F with the rod with a just above half full bowl and dab.

That's because of not removing the head fast enough or not drawing fast enough so the heat builds in one spot.

Shit. I don't know what you're talking about, but one of the things I love about this vape is that I don't have to slow down my draw at all. I can pull faster than I would have on a combustion bowl, and get milky thick hits. I just have to turn the temp up higher the faster my draw.

For example, I run it at 666F for a normal medium speed hit, and around 710 or 720 for faster draws. Maybe even higher for faster, normal inhale speed type draws.

In fact, at my normal 666F, I will sometimes lift the flowerpot head slightly off the bowl for a second halfway through the hit to thin it out a bit.

And I don't ever use a carb cap with flower only. I only use it with concentrates.

I have no idea why you aren't getting similar performance out of this vape :shrug:
I feel like you are maybe just a little too cautious about the higher temps with your draw-speed. You should keep turning it up till you find your limit!

I hope others here have better ideas. Any chance you could take a video of your hit, or at least a couple pictures of your rig? Maybe that would give some of us ideas that could help, @Kins

You are right about the temps. I was just worried about combustion.

Kins

The 18mm post doesn't fit correctly in my downstems. The little ledge doesn't rest on the outside of the downstem but goes in halfway, so if I'm not careful I could get it caught in the downstem. Switching to a 14mm downstem and trying that. Also giving the weedeater head another chance. I put the FP at 780 and I'm waiting for it to heat up. Ok this worked but I did get the 14mm post stuck in my 14 mm downstem. I took off the handle and bowl part and now I'm waiting for the post to cool and shrink so I can get it out the downstem.
Well that was only 3 hits if I remember correctly and I'm pretty blasted. Very easy to pull at this high temp. I have 14 inch beaker with bent kneck from roor with a 13 hole diffused downstem.

Last edited:
Kins,
Reactions: Ramahs

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
The 18mm post doesn't fit correctly in my downstems. The little ledge doesn't rest on the outside of the downstem but goes in halfway, so if I'm not careful I could get it caught in the downstem. Switching to a 14mm downstem and trying that. Also giving the weedeater head another chance. I put the FP at 780 and I'm waiting for it to heat up. Ok this worked but I did get the 14mm post stuck in my 14 mm downstem. I took off the handle and bowl part and now I'm waiting for the post to cool and shrink so I can get it out the downstem.
Well that was only 3 hits if I remember correctly and I'm pretty blasted. Very easy to pull at this high temp. I have 14 inch beaker with bent kneck from roor with a 13 hole diffused downstem.

It was called an Adjust-A-Bowl
. - It’s made like that so it can fit mostly all angles, fittings and tolerances between the flat bottom part of the bowl, to the glass/or any other material at the joint of your rig.
-Starting from a full disassembled bowl,
*3 parts, consisting of the
/Ti bowl post(14-18mm),
/a Ti bowl,
/and a screw handle.

/• ⁠Step 1: drop/slide just the bowl post, by itself, inside the female joint in your rig.
/• ⁠Step 2: drop/slide the top bowl part, the bowl itself, on top of the bowl post already at the rig, without screwing the handle (better with handle off)
/• ⁠Step 3: make sure the flat bottom part of the top bowl makes a good flat seal between the Titanium flat rim of the bowl, and the female glass flat rim of your rig joint.
/• ⁠Step 4: finally adjust/screw the handle, only hand tight. Do not over-tight the handle on the rig. Could break the female joint. It happens to the best. Use your new adapt-a-bowl handle, slowly pull out the freshly adjusted bowl, and outside the rig, use a sturdy dabber tool to finally pressure tighten the handle.
/• ⁠Step 5: repeat same steps for different glass rigs and/or 14-18mm jointed rig.
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!!
I’m hoping this is what hindering your VROD or WeedEater performance.
-/Lower temperatures to at least 600F, and barely cover the screen with dry fluffy fine grind weed.
Enjoy again!!!
here’s a short video of how the screw shouldn’t look like without the screen.
And the correct position.

here’s a better effort I just made.
Just in case.

Last edited:

Kins

It was called an Adjust-A-Bowl
. - It’s made like that so it can fit mostly all angles, fittings and tolerances between the flat bottom part of the bowl, to the glass/or any other material at the joint of your rig.
-Starting from a full disassembled bowl,
*3 parts, consisting of the
/Ti bowl post(14-18mm),
/a Ti bowl,
/and a screw handle.

/• ⁠Step 1: drop/slide just the bowl post, by itself, inside the female joint in your rig.
/• ⁠Step 2: drop/slide the top bowl part, the bowl itself, on top of the bowl post already at the rig, without screwing the handle (better with handle off)
/• ⁠Step 3: make sure the flat bottom part of the top bowl makes a good flat seal between the Titanium flat rim of the bowl, and the female glass flat rim of your rig joint.
/• ⁠Step 4: finally adjust/screw the handle, only hand tight. Do not over-tight the handle on the rig. Could break the female joint. It happens to the best. Use your new adapt-a-bowl handle, slowly pull out the freshly adjusted bowl, and outside the rig, use a sturdy dabber tool to finally pressure tighten the handle.
/• ⁠Step 5: repeat same steps for different glass rigs and/or 14-18mm jointed rig.
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!!
I’m hoping this is what hindering your VROD or WeedEater performance.
-/Lower temperatures to at least 600F, and barely cover the screen with dry fluffy fine grind weed.
Enjoy again!!!
here’s a short video of how the screw shouldn’t look like without the screen.
And the correct position.

here’s a better effort I just made.
Just in case.

Yeah, when I drop the post in it goes all the way down about a 1/4 inch past the "lip". Ok I just turned it around and it worked fine...Hahah!. Thanks for all your help!. I loving the flowerpot more and more each time I learn how to better use it!.

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

It's working great I figured it out now with help from all these fine people.
It was an upside down bowl post that was causing the air leak, correct??
NV FP setups are very simple and easy to use after they are dialed in.
Glad it worked at the end.
Now you can really enjoy what a heavy hitter desktop has to offer.
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

Zangano Cruel

63FC9AD9-C9F4-4518-B998-E2BA34C0C134.jpeg
1503C8CE-DB37-4229-ABE5-B7B69F29E86D.jpeg
9713F93E-020E-4EA5-B929-89EFE03F000B.jpeg
890E739D-A5F0-4D0B-9F27-475CCB3B55D4.jpeg
-A well calibrated WeedEater at 666F.
-WE head sitting on top of the Ti bowl for a 3-5 count.
-around 0.05-0.075g load,
-this is what you’ll get from a 2nd hit from a “fresh bowl”,
- and still another hit left after this video.
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

Kins

I did a few hits at 650, turned up to 700, now 790. It doesn't seem to be able to get to 790. Sticks at 788 and went to 789 for half a second and went back to 788. Now it's down to 787.....Should I be worried something is wrong with it? Edit I turned it to 800 and then back down to 790 and it stayed steady.

Last edited:
Kins,

Kins

How's the higher temps workin for ya?

Excellent. Now that I tried 800 I don't think I want to go down to 600 anymore, maybe lower temps for the smaller rigs and higher temps for the longer or taller bongs. The cool thing is I still get taste for the first hit at 800. All the rest are ok but a little harsh. With the Volcano only going to 445 for it's top temp and it's harsh hits the flowerpot wins. I need purchase another bucket bowl for a ten mm post and one for a 14mm post that I already have. That way I can switch bongs without having to wait till the bowl cools and putting it together again. I'll start with the 10mm smallest rig, than go to a medium 14mm slightly taller and then the 18mm to finish. Start at say 550F with the little baby rig, medium rig 650, 18mm rig slightly tallest or the tallest at 800F to finish. So I'll need 2 more bowls and a 10mm post. This is all with the weedeater head. I'm not sure it's any better than the vrod at vaporizing the herb. Guess I could experiment with that also.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Glad to hear that you are playing with the versatility of this rig.
Keep experimenting. You'll find different routines that work better with different pieces of glass.
You'll eventually settle into what's perfect for you.

giphy.gif

delicatebunting

So if you breath in too fast the herb doesn't get heated as well and you'll see the temp go down on the PID. So what I've been doing is breathing in really slowly and trying to keep that number at 600, you'll see if you breath in too fast the temp will go down. That signals you to slow down.

I just swapped my old enail for the Auber RDK-300B and the temps must have been way off on the old one.

Even with heat soaking, I don't get anything under 600 with the Auber. I start around 660 and go up to 800 to finish the bowl.

delicatebunting,

Kins

I just swapped my old enail for the Auber RDK-300B and the temps must have been way off on the old one.

Even with heat soaking, I don't get anything under 600 with the Auber. I start around 660 and go up to 800 to finish the bowl.

I have the same Auber. You can get vapor at 600, just have to breath in very slowly until the vapor starts flowing, and then remove the head. I think it might be easier with smaller baby rigs to get more vapor. I only have one with 10mm joint but don't have the 10mm post yet. Little tiny mini rigs are what would be useful....I mean, I think....

Kins,

leeroy08

Hi all, ive just taken the plunge and bought the v rod flower pot. I have not bought a new vape in years and still use the volcano. I always thought that the maximum temp for vaping was 230c/446f, after that you start to get into the realms of releasing negative toxins into your vape session. However, after reading some of this thread I have noticed that allot of you guys like to pump your vape up to 600f even 700 to 800f for your sessions. Im just wondering if this is safe? My second question is are any of you like me and enjoy exercise and keeping fit? if so, have any of you noticed a decline in your fitness since vaping at higher temps? I have seen some pics of the ABV after a session and I can't see any black ABV which pleasantly surprised me and also confused me at the same time. Cheers.

west-elec

Hi all, ive just taken the plunge and bought the v rod flower pot. I have not bought a new vape in years and still use the volcano. I always thought that the maximum temp for vaping was 230c/446f, after that you start to get into the realms of releasing negative toxins into your vape session. However, after reading some of this thread I have noticed that allot of you guys like to pump your vape up to 600f even 700 to 800f for your sessions. Im just wondering if this is safe? My second question is are any of you like me and enjoy exercise and keeping fit? if so, have any of you noticed a decline in your fitness since vaping at higher temps? I have seen some pics of the ABV after a session and I can't see any black ABV which pleasantly surprised me and also confused me at the same time. Cheers.
With the flowerpot the temp on the controller display is the temperature of the coil, not what temp you are going to get in your bowl. The titanium heats up close to that level but the convection air stream won't be that hot. You have to adjust temp to suit your rig and draw speed to get your perfect temp setting. If you like to pull fast you need the higher temps.
Since still vaping below combustion you should see no difference to your fitness compared with the volcano. In fact the bag vapor from the volcano is harsher than the direct draw from the FP so you might see an improvement.

west-elec,

leeroy08

With the flowerpot the temp on the controller display is the temperature of the coil, not what temp you are going to get in your bowl. The titanium heats up close to that level but the convection air stream won't be that hot. You have to adjust temp to suit your rig and draw speed to get your perfect temp setting. If you like to pull fast you need the higher temps.
Since still vaping below combustion you should see no difference to your fitness compared with the volcano. In fact the bag vapor from the volcano is harsher than the direct draw from the FP so you might see an improvement.
Nice one, thanks for that. God vaping has come along way since I bought that fucking thing lol. I do cough quite allot of the volcano at higher temps, the bags are annoyingly loud especially when trying to watch a movie or something. Cant wait tot ry this thing. Has anyone tried vaping Kief that you collect at the bottom of your grinder in the flower pot? I take it you just sprinkle it on top of your flower and then vape it? I live in the UK and have never done a dab before because I don't know anyone that sells oils. So the only hash I can get is what I collect at the bottom of the grinder.

Top Bottom