Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Did a load of the fine grind in the titanium bowl and it went much better, loaded up a heaping scoop that just covered the screen and hit. Vapour still didn't seem more instant and was a little harsher than I'm used to for a small load. That said I did get complete extraction in 1 hit with no yellow/green line around the outside edge. I think I still prefer my medium grind in general, seems a little smoother and better flavour but a couple bowls hardly makes up a decent sample size so more experimenting is warranted and the call of the day.

@The Stray Fox are you getting any yellow/green circle along the outside edge touching the glass? And while there is no hole in the centre it looks like there are channels leading from the middle to the holes, is that correct?

Zoltani

Damn it @Bad Dog you are gonna make me have to do a lot of experimentation! I haven't really noticed too much of a difference so far with the titanium bowl.

I have one strain that is odd, it is really difficult to get this strain's AVB to be dark brown. Even if I turn up the temperature I have a hard time getting it to the dark color I usually go for with other strains. The same strain at the higher temp would very dark, near combustion. I really don't get it.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@The Stray Fox are you getting any yellow/green circle along the outside edge touching the glass? And while there is no hole in the centre it looks like there are channels leading from the middle to the holes, is that correct?
Maybe a skosh. Here is a pic with one health pax scoop, 10 second slow draw, @630. It looks a bit exaggerated in the pic. I gave it a stir but the remainder was hardly worth the efforts.
10282422-E393-442-C-BEFA-D9-DE5-D4-BDEB9.jpg

I studied the inside of the bowl a little more and it doesn’t really channel. If you have any dimpled cooling stems, it’s like that. Four dimples coming together in the middle. The bottom inside of the bowl is fairly flat apart from the four holes.

The Stray Fox,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Bad Dog

Damn it @Bad Dog you are gonna make me have to do a lot of experimentation! I haven't really noticed too much of a difference so far with the titanium bowl.

I have one strain that is odd, it is really difficult to get this strain's AVB to be dark brown. Even if I turn up the temperature I have a hard time getting it to the dark color I usually go for with other strains. The same strain at the higher temp would very dark, near combustion. I really don't get it.
Experimenting is half the fun 😜 is it particularly wet? My avb isn’t as dark lately because my bud is so much more hydrated, even grinding and leaving it open doesn’t dry it out much this time of year.

Bad Dog,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Got the new glass bowl. It fixes the issues I have with the old one, but it not having a handle really kind of sucks. Debowling is a hassle and feels awkward now. If it wasn't for that I'd be all in on it.

Probably just going to stick with the titanium bowl.

Guess I got lucky, screens stay put in my glass bowl with handle.

Alexis

Not doing flower any more, my NV fine grinder sees no use, which is a shame as it is my fave grinder of all time.

Its never going to another home tho, I'm keeping that :)
You can always keep it around in case you ever need something heavy to donk a burglar on the head with. :lol:

Alexis,
Reactions: EmDeemo

Bad Dog

Been experimenting with a fine grind and so far I'm not convinced of its superiority. Every bowl seems to be the same? As in they aren't the same at all. My first two bowls were underwhelming probably because all the grinding knocked all the kief off the plant material and the third bowl was a ton of lose kief and kicked my ass more than I wanted for a daytime session of .5 and every bowl has this harsh edge to it. I'm not noticing faster or longer vapour, my clouds seem pretty much the same, still have to stir. Switched back to my medium grind, got my consistent results, smoother and better flavour. Maybe something like a new vape grinder would do a better job at not knocking all the crystal off the bud for more consistent results but that harsh edge is something I have no interest in, and I'm pretty sure its not because I'm getting more thc I top my bowl with kief all the time and it never gets harsher only denser so I have to assume the harshness is from the plant material releasing compounds of some sort. No I'm a odd duck 🦆 and I think I'll stick with my medium grind thank you very much.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Its not superior. It just has different qualities. Its just another parameter like every other part of the FP and why the FP so good, and its all different for each user, again why the FP is so good.

Coarse grind or whole bud for flavour, fine grind for a quicker full extraction. Thats quite general tho, as from there you have load size, temp settings, draw rate, thc level, every other factor.

You aint an odd duck, you just have a different preference, and slightly different set up/requirements :)

Socks And Sandals

Hey fellas, New to the thread but not to the forum.

This vape has been eyeballing me for over year now and after looking over the website for an hour, I have a much better understanding of all the parts.. But man does it get confusing. I think I'm trying to narrow my choices down between this and the Volcano Hybrid and I was just wondering are there any differences between the Auber RDK300A Controller and the regular NewVape Single PID controller? Also any word on them getting their rigs back in anytime soon? Specifically their Double Matrix?

Please forgive my ignorance, I've only spent about an hour thus far learning about this and getting confused at all the modular parts and upgrades lol
Thanks

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
New Vape controller has a different pin setup on their coils, which is not what many consider industry standard. This standard is what Auber uses.

seaofgreens,
Reactions: tb42091

Socks And Sandals

New Vape controller has a different pin setup on their coils, which is not what many consider industry standard. This standard is what Auber uses.

Thanks man.. other than just being the industry standard, is there any advantage to either in your opinion? I take it if I get an Auber controller that would just mean it would fit most other industry standard Enails? Or at least that's the way I'm understanding it.

Again, thanks for getting back so quick!

Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: tb42091

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
You'll have an easier time interchanging coils with an auber controller, and it theoretically has better quality parts.

I've run RDK-200's for a few years now, and my first one has gone through a couple coils, is on every single day for many hours and has yet to have any issues after about 3 years so far.

Not to knock the NV controller/coil. I haven't tried it. But you don't seem to have options like 710 coils axials/extra talls, I don't think I see a NV flat coil option either, which I still use sometimes with a D-Nail Halo.

So perhaps a NV coil/controller limits your potential, but if you only use a coil/controller for the Flowerpot anyways, then maybe this isn't such a problem.

They have a flat coil option it looks like at least.

Socks And Sandals

You'll have an easier time interchanging coils with an auber controller, and it theoretically has better quality parts.

I've run RDK-200's for a few years now, and my first one has gone through a couple coils, is on every single day for many hours and has yet to have any issues after about 3 years so far.

Not to knock the NV controller/coil. I haven't tried it. But you don't seem to have options like 710 coils axials/extra talls, I don't think I see a NV flat coil option either, which I still use sometimes with a D-Nail Halo.

So perhaps a NV coil/controller limits your potential, but if you only use a coil/controller for the Flowerpot anyways, then maybe this isn't such a problem.

You're right I was thinking the same thing! Glad to hear from someone who has some serious experience with Enails. The only experience I have is with a Blazer Big Shot and a Quartz Banger... well other than my glass EVO Nails and a Nectar collector, that's it! I'll try to aim for an Auber if I go with the flowerpot. If I don't get the flowerpot now, it will happen next year for sure. I loved this thing since I first saw Troy and Bud use it. It's an inevitable purchase for me it's just a matter of my funds and of course their current stock.

After hearing multiple people here and other forums say that the Vrod is great at microdosing, It really bumped up my enthusiasm for the FP for sure even more. Thanks!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
You're right I was thinking the same thing! Glad to hear from someone who has some serious experience with Enails. The only experience I have is with a Blazer Big Shot and a Quartz Banger... well other than my glass EVO Nails and a Nectar collector, that's it! I'll try to aim for an Auber if I go with the flowerpot. If I don't get the flowerpot now, it will happen next year for sure. I loved this thing since I first saw Troy and Bud use it. It's an inevitable purchase for me it's just a matter of my funds and of course their current stock.

After hearing multiple people here and other forums say that the Vrod is great at microdosing, It really bumped up my enthusiasm for the FP for sure even more. Thanks!
This is hard to watch, because I'm just broke right now, due to having an emergency a couple weeks ago that caused me to clean out my bank account and fill up a credit card to buy a car.

I'm gonna be broke for a couple months, till I get on top of that big hemorrhage of my very limited liquid assets. Got a good (only 32k miles), extremely fuel efficient on gas car out of it though, that will hopefully last me years without major issue...unlike almost every old, leaky, shitty vehicle I have ever owned that sucked all my money every couple of months with a major breakdown.

All that money saved by my Dynavap vaporizers makes it all possible though, lol. :smug:
(don't want to drive this too much off topic, lol)

I spent at least two years drooling over the Flowerpot, and I just got mine a few weeks ago.

It's totally worth it!

Bad Dog

The auber also has a auto shut off feature that I wasn't fond of but I'm not sure you can shut it off or only extend it? And I also found the auber to hit just a little bit harder at the same temperature on the dial.

Doktor Dub

This vape has been eyeballing me for over year now and after looking over the website for an hour, I have a much better understanding of all the parts.. But man does it get confusing. I think I'm trying to narrow my choices down between this and the Volcano Hybrid and I was just wondering are there any differences between the Auber RDK300A Controller and the regular NewVape Single PID controller? Also any word on them getting their rigs back in anytime soon? Specifically their Double Matrix?

Please forgive my ignorance, I've only spent about an hour thus far learning about this and getting confused at all the modular parts and upgrades lol
Thanks

1. buy the flowerpot NOW
2. thank us later

( I own a volcano, it works and if you need repeatable sessions, it shines but FP is MUCH more fun)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Thanks

Other differences... The Auber 300B controller has a memory so you can save fave temps, and choose a standard temp, and a temp to boost up to with one press of the button. Boosts have a timer that you turn off, and the 300A has a timer off setting for the whole device, that you can turn off. 300A doesnt have the memory settings but new 300's are the 300B.

Bad Dog

It would seem that my charmed life of smooth going international orders has come to a end 😔 So far even during the pandemic my orders have been moving without issue and the only real wait is at customs. But my new vape order has said shipping label created awaiting delivery at postal facility since the 26th, I'm sure it's still not at new vape and probably is at the facility but hasn't been scanned. Looks like I'm going to experience some of the horror stories I've read about current service with usps...... sigh. Fortunately it's just a accessory order and I have everything I need to keep vaping for some time. The only thing I feel like I'm missing out on is the new glass bowl ..........

Bad Dog,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
It would seem that my charmed life of smooth going international orders has come to a end 😔 So far even during the pandemic my orders have been moving without issue and the only real wait is at customs. But my new vape order has said shipping label created awaiting delivery at postal facility since the 26th, I'm sure it's still not at new vape and probably is at the facility but hasn't been scanned. Looks like I'm going to experience some of the horror stories I've read about current service with usps...... sigh. Fortunately it's just a accessory order and I have everything I need to keep vaping for some time. The only thing I feel like I'm missing out on is the new glass bowl ..........

I've noticed USPS can be terrible at updates. I've had orders go from not being scanned since the label was created to one update later its on a different continent and waiting at customs. They're very haphazard compared to other companies it seems.

EDIT: However, if your clairvoyance claims prove correct, by a lottery ticket before the power wears off! :D

Last edited:
EmDeemo,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I was just wondering are there any differences between the Auber RDK300A Controller and the regular NewVape Single PID controller?
I ultimately went with the NV PID because of the type of on/off switch It has which can be manipulated with a WiFi controller. I can turn it off if I forget when I leave the house, turn it on so it’s ready when I get home, and set schedules for auto off/on for things like my bed time or wake up.

My understanding is that the Auber controller has a button that must be pushed to turn on. I suppose the off features of the WiFi controller would still work on the Auber but the Auber has that feature built in.

I’m happy with my decision to go with the NV PID. I think all the bells and whistles of the Auber would be wasted on me considering I’ve probably only touched my PID twice since I got.

Bad Dog

Having tryed both I would probably go with the auber it just seems a little better, not a night and day difference but to me it was noticeable, more so now that I know you can shut off the auto off. That said I only got to play around with them together for like a week and a half before I had to send it back to a very kind hearted American friend of mine from vlf Pud. Also just because I noticed a difference at the same temp doesn't mean doesn't mean you probably couldn't just adjust it and once you find a temp that rocks your socks off you probably won't stray much. My New Vape pid serves me well and my order included a backup coil, I have some concern that they may stop offering it at some point and I want to keep vaping for years without having to spend money on a new pid.

Baron23

The auber also has a auto shut off feature that I wasn't fond of but I'm not sure you can shut it off or only extend it? And I also found the auber to hit just a little bit harder at the same temperature on the dial.
Set the parameter to "999" and it won't auto-shut off.

Cheers

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
Check this out!

I think this should answer a few of your questions.

Thanks man.. other than just being the industry standard, is there any advantage to either in your opinion? I take it if I get an Auber controller that would just mean it would fit most other industry standard Enails? Or at least that's the way I'm understanding it.

Again, thanks for getting back so quick!

Would anyone ever be interested in contributing a blog article to the site? A lot of the newbies and FC outsiders just dont know a lot of the stuff discussed here. Let me know if you have any interest!

Bad Dog

That's very interesting if I were somewhat more coherent I'd offer to help you out :rofl: but really I don't have a deep enough understanding of them despite having a little experience with both and truth be told push come to shove I'd have to relook up your video on how to auto tune 😅 My opinion on the matter is they are both like luxury cars, the auber like a somewhat current Lexus and the NV like a 60's Cadillac. Both essentially do the same job but they are still different.

Top Bottom