Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
As I said in another thread by accident, instead of posting here:

I'm loving watching the patina grow on my young Vrod. It's at the all-over gold/bronze color stage now on the exterior. And at the bottom, where the air exits the holes over the herb, it's starting to get the pretty purple color. Looking forward to watching it spread.

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
Wondering if NV will hold an Independence Day sale this year? I've got my eye on a few things.

cilantro,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Cool. I see your reasoning and will give it a try. I did shake and rummage through the AVB which probably caused most the larger chunks to rise to the surface for the picture. Currently my go to is a 4 piece Santa Cruz Shredder. I have a two piece as well but it’s a pain. What’s giving you the best grind?

The NV fine grinder is a fine grinder.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I use a courser grind myself, my nameless grinder makes a very consistent medium not medium fine. Keeps my piece sparkling clean aside from reclaim and my screen takes forever to gunk up and need a iso soaking. That said I’ve been meaning to try a finer grind with either the grinder that came with my crafty or just holding my nameless grinder upside down and doing some experimenting. But I just never seem to get around to it, the medium still works really well and I can crush .1 in two hits, and since I use a scoop for dosing I also like that I will get a little less weed per scoop then with a finer grind. But I’ll get around to playing with it...... maybe tomorrow, I already grinded Today’s supply.
http://instagr.am/p/CCBPBVvnQv7/

Zoltani

I am back up and running thanks to @VGOODIEZ hooking me up with an updated controller. So obviously the coil was not the problem, it was the controller. Oh how I missed potting flowers.

Regarding grind consistency, would you all say I need to be finer than a brilliant cut medium plate? The grind is pretty coarse with the medium plate, but I can turn it pside down and get a fine grind if needed.

Been vaping some LIfter CBD bud today, and really liking it.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I am back up and running thanks to @VGOODIEZ hooking me up with an updated controller. So obviously the coil was not the problem, it was the controller. Oh how I missed potting flowers.

Regarding grind consistency, would you all say I need to be finer than a brilliant cut medium plate? The grind is pretty coarse with the medium plate, but I can turn it pside down and get a fine grind if needed.

Been vaping some LIfter CBD bud today, and really liking it.

I wouldnt say its a need thing, its different strokes for different folks, but NV themselves recommend a fine grind for best instant results. The coarser the grind, the slower the vapour release. Sometimes I loved no grind at all, whole bud potting! :) But for getting those big hits and immediate results, a fine grind is more instant.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I wouldnt say its a need thing, its different strokes for different folks, but NV themselves recommend a fine grind for best instant results. The coarser the grind, the slower the vapour release. Sometimes I loved no grind at all, whole bud potting! :) But for getting those big hits and immediate results, a fine grind is more instant.
I agree with you 100%, different strokes for different folks. That said, there are times I was lazy and did not break out my NV fine grinder. I own a BCG with all three plates and Secret Weapon II. My perception was I did not get the kind of performance when grinding with the BCG Fine Plate nor the Secret Weapon. That said I am making that comparison while pretty faded. My personal opinion, kief aside the finer the better!

thevapist

What coil do I need for the VROD? Is there anything I can get with quick shipping? Mine is finally shot, was sitting here and watched the temp start going down degree by degree. About 1.5 years of heavy use.

EDIT: Actually, I turned the PID off and on and it was still dropping. I then changed the temp up a few degrees and back to where I had it, and now it's working again. Still would like to order a backup or two though.

thevapist,
Reactions: YaMon

Alexis

The NV fine grinder is a fine grinder.
Yes but much more effectively and consistently when it is filled right up as it was designed to be used and has been mentioned by Edward himself on numerous occasions.

The more packed the the New vape grinder is, by far the finer the Grind will be.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Yes but much more effectively and consistently when it is filled right up as it was designed to be used and has been mentioned by Edward himself on numerous occasions.

The more packed the the New vape grinder is, by far the finer the Grind will be.

Not doing flower any more, my NV fine grinder sees no use, which is a shame as it is my fave grinder of all time.

Its never going to another home tho, I'm keeping that :)

swanka

This may be sacrilege, but I use a spinny blade style coffee grinder to get mine fine. I was looking at $60+ hand grinders and was having a hard time justifying buying something that looks exactly like my no name grinder. If I had seen the NV fine grinder, I may have gotten that instead. For now, my $6 (at goodwill <charity shop>) grinder does ok. If you fill it with more than a gram, the kief sticks to the top too.

Zoltani

Another question for your consideration, though this is likely personal preference as well. Do you change temperature when going through a piece dry vs wet?

When I run my piece dry the weedeater seems to work better with the temperature a little higher, been running 720 vs 666 when wet. I think that's due to my preference of a little faster draw speed when dry. Just curious about other people's experience.

Zoltani,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I was just looking around NV's site...

When did this pop up? This seemed a bit hidden away!

Max-2_740x.jpg

@RustyOldNail looky looky :)

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Another question for your consideration, though this is likely personal preference as well. Do you change temperature when going through a piece dry vs wet?

When I run my piece dry the weedeater seems to work better with the temperature a little higher, been running 720 vs 666 when wet. I think that's due to my preference of a little faster draw speed when dry. Just curious about other people's experience.
I actually lower my temp. Was at 685F with water and have been running around 660F without.

bizwaxzion,

swanka

Max-2_740x.jpg

It claims to have accelerometers. Does that mean you can shake it to boost the temp or something? I was thinking that I would be happy with the one I got, but that's a goal pid.

Maybe I set my cookies wrong or something but am I supposed to have to enter my birthdate every time I go there? I've taken to just scrolling down the years and sometimes I'm really old. May I humbly request a simple, "are you of legal age?" dialogue box?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

Max-2_740x.jpg

Yeah, I saw it, maybe they will be selling MV PIDS, since they are working with MV on the NV All-in-one.

I came across it, as I was looking for the NV coil page, don’t see any individual coils listed anymore, somethings going on.

My first reaction to that PID box was “hideous”, and as you know, I have a bunch of NV gear, I like most of the “industrial” looking, simple, made to last designs. But that box just looks too “busy”, in my opinion, besides the MV PID looks nice, and is tiny. But hey, I’m sure someone will dig it.

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@swanka currently the accelerometers are used for Tap Detection on the Stabilized UpTemp mode to start your dab, and maybe on the self clean feature. It will also detect movement and turn off the screensaver if it is running.

There is also freefall detection, if your unit detects a freefall it will disable everything until the power is cycled.

Feel free to come discuss our hardware or suggest new features in the Vapor Related Equipment section.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Decided to say screw it and wanted to try the fine grind and so far my results aren't stellar. First I wasn't sure how fine to grind? Put my medium grind back in my upside down nameless grinder and grind for what felt like a extended period and wound up with a medium fine, but I didn't think it was fine enough so I put it in the crafty grinder for just a bit and I guess I got fine?..... if you consider powder green particles with all your kief knocked off and floating free? Maybe too fine? I had no choice but to use it, so I loaded up a scoop into my glass bowl and hit it. Vapour didn't seem more instant and my hit felt smaller? I look at the bowl and see the familiar yellow/green line only bigger than when I use my regular medium. My glass bowl isn't the best a lot of the holes along the outside edge of the bowl are a bit to small, with the bud so fine it got no air flow and there was just a small brown circle in the centre. So I stirred and hit again and got half a hit which is more than the leftover from a medium grind bowl which is little more than whispy nothing. So it would seem my glass bowl doesn't like fine but I'll experiment with medium fine tomorrow, tonight I'll use the rest in my titanium bowl that has unimpeded air flow. Hoping for better luck 🤞🐾🐾

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
This ones big and thick y’all. 😬 Air flow is wide open. The Ti screen it came with is staying in place after the first couple bowls followed by knocks on the AVB Can Knocker. It’s a good thing because I don’t think this bowl would function very well without a screen. The four holes are large and I see a lot of material getting through, especially with a stir. The previous model bowl I could sort of get away without using a screen. I tried to get a double weave to stick but it doesn’t want to. It vaped even with .1 loaded and functioned the way I wanted it to. So yeah, cool.
1832-E54-A-43-A9-4-DE8-9-F2-F-B026918-BDCE2.jpg

048228-B2-8530-4723-A55-D-D9426-F5-BEFB2.jpg

Edit: I wanted to show a side by side comparison of the old bowl on the left and the new bowl on the right. The old bowl you can see is gross because the screen wont stay in. It makes my pieces equally gross so I unfortunately don’t mess with it anymore.

94918343-FCA6-4260-AC06-D8-F2-D9-DF3448.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom