Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

cvs8floz

Any advice on an alternative carb cap that'll work on the VROD?
Never found anything generic that would fit the Showerhead or the WeedEater, you have to buy from NV. I don't mind paying a premium for their basic 2 or 3-piece assemblies but they missed the mark with this one.

cvs8floz,
Reactions: Hippie

Chandler

Thanks for bringing this backup.

Can anyone say if the fit of the vrod head goes nicely over the top of the glass bowl like the head in the picture?
Screenshot-20200510-212653-Chrome.jpg

@cvs8floz the Dark ring at the top of your glass bowls. Is that a permanent stain due to hot titanium sitting on glass that can't be avoided?

Last edited:
Chandler,
Reactions: Summer

cvs8floz

Thanks for bringing this backup.

Can anyone say if the fit of the vrod head goes nicely over the top of the glass bowl like the head in the picture?
Screenshot-20200510-212653-Chrome.jpg

@cvs8floz the Dark ring at the top of your glass bowls. Is that a permanent stain due to hot titanium sitting on glass that can't be avoided?
Looks permanent to me, I tried scratching it off with a knife to no avail. Does not affect performance, just where the heater sits on the glass.

cvs8floz,
Reactions: Chandler

cvs8floz

Do you leave the head on the bowl? I have used a glass bowl for a while now and I clean it often, still looks new.
Yes, I leave it on the bowl even when I take draws, I don't even lift the carb cap, so there is always some vapor that stays in the glass. Only remove head on last draw to reload. Couldn't care less about efficiency/lost vapor since I grow my own. I will even put the head on an empty bowl to preheat it for quicker, more potent hits.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I get very good flavor @ 560 degrees with the head on. Please explain your point about carbon, want to understand better.

It was mostly definitely just humour, each to their own in use, but I wouldnt be too keen personally on all that black stuff giving off any nasties. If youre leaving the head on, its constantly cooking anything that condenses on the vapour path, and it looks like where the head joins the glass is carbonising.

cvs8floz

It was mostly definitely just humour, each to their own in use, but I wouldnt be too keen personally on all that black stuff giving off any nasties. If youre leaving the head on, its constantly cooking anything that condenses on the vapour path, and it looks like where the head joins the glass is carbonising.
You made me curious so I took another look. The black stuff is all caked on the inside of the bowl, where the metal of the heater never touches. You can scrape it off like I started to do, doubt that you can get everything off, alcohol does nothing. So it is some residue left by the material as it vaporizes in a glass bowl at high temperature, there must be some science behind this!
20200511-180320.jpg

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
You made me curious so I took another look. The black stuff is all caked on the inside of the bowl, where the metal of the heater never touches. You can scrape it off like I started to do, doubt that you can get everything off, alcohol does nothing. So it is some residue left by the material as it vaporizes in a glass bowl at high temperature, there must be some science behind this!
20200511-180320.jpg

I would guess its just condensed vapour, but its carbonising because its being constantly heated when you leave the head on between hits. I know the metal doesnt sit inside the bowl but that part of the glass is where the head rests, and is where it will be being constantly heated by the metal.

EDIT TO ADD: It will continue to accumulate more and more gunk and carbonise more and more. Once the reclaim/condensed vapour starts to accumulate, it will accumulate more and more. Same thing might be happening inside your FP. Flavour will be compromised soon enough.

EDIT2: Imagine that build up inside the FP head, thats gonna be a fucker to clean.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Wooo-Hooo. My new Vrod kit came in the mail today, a day early!
It was my 4/20 sale purchase this year, and the parcel locker the post office put it in was #420!

It I was a superstitious fellow, I'd probably say that was a sign that the vapor gods are smiling upon me!

:razz::razz::razz:Time for the unboxing! :razz::razz::razz:
giphy.webp

cvs8floz

I would guess its just condensed vapour, but its carbonising because its being constantly heated when you leave the head on between hits. I know the metal doesnt sit inside the bowl but that part of the glass is where the head rests, and is where it will be being constantly heated by the metal.

EDIT TO ADD: It will continue to accumulate more and more gunk and carbonise more and more. Once the reclaim/condensed vapour starts to accumulate, it will accumulate more and more. Same thing might be happening inside your FP. Flavour will be compromised soon enough.

EDIT2: Imagine that build up inside the FP head, thats gonna be a fucker to clean.
It's funny, the head is relatively clean and all the crud is stuck on the underside of the carb cap on the left. Now I remember a similar thing happening when I used the Boundless CF which has a white ceramic oven that gets coated in gunk.
20200511-200708-HDR.jpg

cvs8floz,

Gigsabits53

Wooo-Hooo. My new Vrod kit came in the mail today, a day early!
It was my 4/20 sale purchase this year, and the parcel locker the post office put it in was #420!

It I was a superstitious fellow, I'd probably say that was a sign that the vapor gods are smiling upon me!

:razz::razz::razz:Time for the unboxing! :razz::razz::razz:
giphy.webp
Awesome news! You're going to have a very good night!
Congrats! :)

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
As I wait for New Vape to restock glass bowls Ive continued my quest to find alternatives to tide me over. My latest success is a DDave 14mm Arizer EQ bowl with a mighty dosing pod dropped in to make the bowl/screen. I’m using a fine grind so I beefed up the dosing pods screen. I’m getting great results running at 570 with any size load.
5502-CA42-535-A-45-A4-9210-129-B460-D744-A.jpg

cvs8floz

As I wait for New Vape to restock glass bowls Ive continued my quest to find alternatives to tide me over. My latest success is a DDave 14mm Arizer EQ bowl with a mighty dosing pod dropped in to make the bowl/screen. I’m using a fine grind so I beefed up the dosing pods screen. I’m getting great results running at 570 with any size load.
5502-CA42-535-A-45-A4-9210-129-B460-D744-A.jpg
Hi, I am curious, have you tried it without the capsule and with the herb sitting on the center screen where it usually does in the Arizer bowl. Would probably need the boost temp by 60-80 degrees for similar effects?

cvs8floz,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Thanks. I plan too! :tup:

I can't remember ever being this excited about receiving a new vape.
I've been drooling over a Flowerpot for a year or two now, and I finally have it! I rock! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

This is everything after unboxing:
IMG-0245.jpg

You are going to have a great time :)

I actually miss my old set up for the first time in ages because of that picture. Congrats on your new kit! :)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Thanks. I plan too! :tup:

I can't remember ever being this excited about receiving a new vape.
I've been drooling over a Flowerpot for a year or two now, and I finally have it! I rock! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

This is everything after unboxing:
IMG-0245.jpg

And now I've taken everything apart and cleaned each piece with iso. So, she's ready for her maiden voyage!

IMG-0249.jpg

Furthermore, let these Q-Tips serve as a reminder to ALWAYS clean your damn vapes before first use!
IMG-0248.jpg

MAbud

One variable I don’t see discussed as much is grind size. I often rip nugs into small chunks or occasionally do a very course grind. I can swing by 20-30 depending on grind and therefor airflow. I don’t like a very fine grind but certainly pay attention to temps in relation to grind

Matty

One variable I don’t see discussed as much is grind size. I often rip nugs into small chunks or occasionally do a very course grind. I can swing by 20-30 depending on grind and therefor airflow. I don’t like a very fine grind but certainly pay attention to temps in relation to grind

I do a medium to course grind. Take a monster hit, stir/break up the flower, and then take one last small hit to finish it off. Usually run at 625F and cap it for the first few seconds of the draw. Using a Half Full Studios Orb with almost no draw resistance. :razz:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Hi, I am curious, have you tried it without the capsule and with the herb sitting on the center screen where it usually does in the Arizer bowl. Would probably need the boost temp by 60-80 degrees for similar effects?

I have not. I think it would work if, like you said, you bump up temp and find a good load size. Your scenario doesn’t meet my requirements. My experiments have had three requirements: glass, low temps, and loads .05g or less. The EQ bowl with a Mighty capsul, minus the aluminum and SS, is checking all three boxes really well.

The Stray Fox,
Top Bottom