Canadian Licensed Producers

theCerberus

All your scripts add up to your total daily amount. However, if this is not what your doctor intended, don't use it that way. The max possession limit is 5/g day with a 30 day supply which is 150g. The possession limits for MMAR are different and include plant limits and storage limits as well as possession limits. MMAR holders may have more than 150g in total due to "storage" possession. MMPR patients really get screwed because LPs inadequately cure their cannabis and we risk going over our possession limits curing it ourselves while we medicate with something properly produced/finished.

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
So I just received my package from Aurora today. They took about 36 hours to ship which was a little long but it finally left Monday morning and showers up Tuesday afternoon. Pretty quick for expresspost shipping. I was going to select purolator but if I miss the shipment I have to travel across the city to pick it up. Not happening when a Canada post outlet is a 2 mins drive from my place.

Anyway, the reason for this post was to mentioned that my order came with Boveda humidipacks. I was pretty impressed. I don't know if I should jar them with the packs or use them in the Aurora containers.

I am thoroughly impressed that they include these though. Great attention to detail on the final product the consumer receives and how they can work with it.

I haven't tried the cannabis yet so I can't comment, but I ordered querkle and la confidential so I'll report back once I get a chance to medicate this afternoon.

ov0RMZS.jpg

theCerberus

O wow. That does say packaged with Boveda. They didnt do that before this week.

Now I'm really tempted to place an order. I suggested they use boveda packs in the first place.

I'm so damn impressed by that!!! Its the first LP to do it and will improve freshness dramatically.

Yes. Jar it in something airtight with the Boveda. You will cure it and it will just keep getting tastier :D.

You ordered some good strains. They are very flavourful, fairly heavy indicas.

Only found one seed in the Querkle. LA Confidential was seedless.

Personally I found their Grape LA to be a little stronger/heavier than those 2.

Last edited:
theCerberus,
Reactions: killick

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
O wow. That does say packaged with Boveda. They didnt do that before this week.

Now I'm really tempted to place an order. I suggested they use boveda packs in the first place.

I'm so damn impressed by that!!! Its the first LP to do it and will improve freshness dramatically.

Yes. Jar it in something airtight with the Boveda. You will cure it and it will just keep getting tastier :D.

You ordered some good strains. They are very flavourful, fairly heavy indicas.

Only found one seed in the Querkle. LA Confidential was seedless.

Personally I found their Grape LA to be a little stronger/heavier than those 2.

Too bad they only sent one Boveda pack for my two strains. It would be nice to see them include one per packaged item. I mistakenly thought they sent two.

Also the packaged with Boveda sticker on the box can make someone think they package the containers with them, which they don't. Would be nice though, but they are vac sealed anyway so it prob doesn't matter if it was optimal before being packaged.

theCerberus

Oh damn that is dumb, I definitely thought the boveda packs were inside the medicine containers, and would think there would be one per strain. 1 in a box is nice, but useless since I can, and already do, buy them myself for like $1, and obviously would want to keep the strains jarred separately.

The primary purpose of boveda is to keep the product weight the same from when they pack it, till it gets to the patient. It is an attempt to bring consistency to the market. Without putting it in the container it serves very little purpose.

Last edited:
theCerberus,
Reactions: mikek9

George1151

Boveda 62 packs cost $1.20 each and are not hard to find in either hydroponic, smoke or head stores. Yes it's nice that Aurora gives you 1 per order but not much of a big deal imo. I always keep some extras on hand and put my weed in mason jars with a boveda as soon as I receive my order. I also keep my jars in the fridge after someone recommended it. Kills a bit of the odor but in theory preserves the freshness and potency over the long haul.

Also I put some wax paper scrunched up on top of the herb and then place the boveda on top of the wax paper then seal the jar. I read somewhere that it is not great to have the boveda in contact with the herb.

George1151,
Reactions: friedrich

theCerberus

I always keep some extra I also keep my jars in the fridge after someone recommended it. Kills a bit of the odor but in theory preserves the freshness and potency over the long haul.

I've heard multiple theories of why you should or should not refrigerate cannabis. The way you are doing it, with the boveda, is important, because a fridge also controls humidity, so you could end up with moldy cannabis. But thats just one factor.

Another is the cold, which I've heard helps chlorophyll leach into the resin instead of getting rid of it by burping/curing. The cold also makes the trichomes brittle which may result in an overall loss upon breaking up the cannabis; since the resin will fall off easier you may lose some to various surfaces (ex. grinder, rolling tray, sides of jar, etc.) instead of staying attached to the cannabis. This is counter productive because the boveda packs secondary purpose is to do exactly that, keep resin on the cannabis by preventing it from drying out.

I think the most important factor in keeping cannabis fresh is an airtight container and humidity control. everything else (darkness, and cold) is negligible in helping out.

In fact I am doing my own experimenting, since I've always heard light makes cannabis less potent, I've left some jars in the dark and some in the light, and notice absolutely no potency difference whatsover.

Refrigeration makes my cannabis taste worse (plant/grass taste), and since terpenes are part of the entourage, I wouldnt do it on that reasoning alone.

The thing that really degrades potency directly seems to be open air/letting it dry out too much.

I read somewhere that it is not great to have the boveda in contact with the herb.

Nothing wrong with the boveda pack touching the bud. I've read this multiple times but havent found a reason for justifying it not touching the bud.

When I started using boveda over a year ago, I asked the manufacturer directly and they said it was fine to touch the bud, nothing would happen. Also in their demo videos on youtube it is quite clearly touching the buds.

@theCerberus What is your favorite strain from Broken Coast?

I really like the afghani hashplant, its my favourite indica from broken coast. extremely flavourful and heavy. Much stronger than the god kush imo (despite lower thc %). too bad it was a test strain and they are not growing another batch.

I also really like the strawberry diesel, it is my favourite sativa from broken coast, but it is not as strong as I was hoping for.

I am looking forward to their Sour OG, that strain has helped me so much in the past, and broken coast has yet to let me down in overall quality.

Last edited:
theCerberus,

George1151

The way you are doing it, with the boveda, is important, because a fridge also controls humidity, so you could end up with moldy cannabis. But thats just one factor.

Thanks for the detailed response. Are you saying that sealed mason jars with a bodeda in the fridge will cause mold or are you saying that with the boveda in the fridge it will not result in mold. I was told about the fridge by a cannabis consultant who seemed to know what he was talking about, on this topic I really don't know anything. By now I have a fair investment in different strains, don't use a whole lot, and don't want it to go bad.

George1151,

theCerberus

Should be safe to use like that. condensation could occur if not air tight, but the boveda will control it on the inside.

I think cool/room temperature is optimal, but if there's any science to prove me wrong I'd love to read it.

Too much warmth will likely degrade terpenes over time. Kinda like its slowly vaping off.
With the summer starting, if you dont have A/C, maybe storing it in a dark drawer isnt a bad idea.

Fridge or freezer cannabis tends to lose its flavour from what I believe this is the chlorophyll leaching into the resin. If you are making hash it may be a good idea to increase yield by making the trichomes brittle, however if you are just vaping it, I think you will lose a lot more resin on break up.

Last edited:
theCerberus,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Aurora just released a new strain with 26.6% THC called Warwick better known I would assume as '91 K-OG Melon. A cross between '91 chemdawg and Captain Krypt OG.

I ordered some, sounds interesting. I got the release email after midnight around 12:30am this morning, so they much have whoever works on their website working late hours to make changes and load new strains to the menu.

mikek9,

theCerberus

Aurora just released a new strain with 26.6% THC called Warwick better known I would assume as '91 K-OG Melon. A cross between '91 chemdawg and Captain Krypt OG.

I ordered some, sounds interesting. I got the release email after midnight around 12:30am this morning, so they much have whoever works on their website working late hours to make changes and load new strains to the menu.

I saw that too. I was tempted but just placed/received an order for more grape LA, space queen and Em-dog, so i didnt. based on their description it sounded like I would be disappointed with appearance anyways. it says "small" buds, and their definition of small is very very small.... compared to broken coast who says small buds and those would be average to mid sized for aurora, mettrum, and maricann.

Aurora's website and office is based out of BC, so 12:30am is actually only 9:30pm.
The grow site is in Alberta, which is 2 hours back or 10:30pm.
Its frustrating to call Aurora because the people you speak to in BC have never seen the product that was just released in Alberta.
The descriptions for the strains often do not match what you receive.

For example I have no idea why Grape LA (Grapefruit x LA Confidential) is still marketed as a "coffee aroma". They were using a stock description someone else wrote. The guys in BC should know it smells like grapefruit, but they dont because they have never seen/smelled it before, so that goes uncorrected.

BTW the boveda that they sent is only the 4gram version. Its worth less than $1 (7 gram version), and they only sent 1 when I ordered 3 strains.

Last edited:
theCerberus,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
I saw that too. I was tempted but just placed/received an order for more grape LA, space queen and Em-dog, so i didnt. based on their description it sounded like I would be disappointed with appearance anyways. it says "small" buds, and their definition of small is very very small.... compared to broken coast who says small buds and those would be average to mid sized for aurora, mettrum, and maricann.

Aurora's website and office is based out of BC, so 12:30am is actually only 9:30pm.
The grow site is in Alberta, which is 2 hours back or 10:30pm.
Its frustrating to call Aurora because the people you speak to in BC have never seen the product that was just released in Alberta.
The descriptions for the strains often do not match what you receive.

For example I have no idea why Grape LA (Grapefruit x LA Confidential) is still marketed as a "coffee aroma". They were using a stock description someone else wrote. The guys in BC should know it smells like grapefruit, but they dont because they have never seen/smelled it before, so that goes uncorrected.

BTW the boveda that they sent is only the 4gram version. Its worth less than $1 (7 gram version), and they only sent 1 when I ordered 3 strains.

Yeah. I ordered 2 strains and only got a 2 grams pack. It seems they gave you a bigger pack for a larger order, but surely they could expect you to store your cannabis together?

I read somewhere that someone claimed to get 2 Boveda packs but maybe they ordered 4 strains and it's one for every 2 strains. It's less appealing as it seems more of a marketing strategy than actually something to help customers when it comes to storing their medicine. If they gave you one appropriately sized pack for each container/strain quantity ordered that would be much better.

mikek9,

Morimoto

Heya folks!

I just was at my 1st appointment at Canadian Cannabis Clinics.... I tried my hardest to explain to the doctor about my experience and everything and he just went off on a tangent about CBD is better, and that's what I need, and LP's are gearing for the rec market and thats why they all have high THC blah blah blah. End point 15% THC restriction... I told him that wouldn't work for me and he wouldn't budge.

Anyhoo, the lady after that "helps" pick an LP was very nice, but still a joke, she used CanvasRX to pick out strains below 15%, mentioned aurora, and I said "yes, please register me with Aurora!" She did all the necessary computer work to get me registered.

Problem is... she prints out a page with 2 strains at 15% and 1 CBD strain and tells me "this is what you can order with the restrictions" ok...... but the issue is that CanvasRX is not up-to-date... the 15% strains do not exsist anymore... its all 18% and up....

So I guess I get no marijuana? how the fuck is this suppose to work? Back to the Black market I guess, thanks for nothing!

Kinda a vent, but I wanted to ask anyone if they had this happen where you can't even place your 1st order because there is nothing to order?!

Morimoto,

weenstoned

Have definitely read similar experiences online, that's a real bummer. Doctors need to realize it's not like a pill, if it's stronger then people just need to use less. Gee thanks for prescribing extra plant matter.

weenstoned,

Morimoto

I was "over it" a month before the appointment ever happened.

I am going to my family doctor next week and explaining the whole thing to him, and going to tell him there are 2 options going forward; 1. refill my Oxy with extra refills or 2. fill out the MMPR forms yourself.

All I want now is oxy, at least that I can afford... medicinal marijuana in Canada really is a big fat cash grab with no regard to patients.

Morimoto,

theCerberus

Thats really sad. If that happened to me, I would take my script over to the dispensaries and get it filled there instead. They dont do THC % restrictions.

I think the doctor would be more inclined to change your script after the 2nd or 3rd visit as long as you are persistent that it isnt working for you.

Doctors really dont want to listen until you've try what they offer first.

theCerberus,

Morimoto

Thats really sad. If that happened to me, I would take my script over to the dispensaries and get it filled there instead. They dont do THC % restrictions.

I think the doctor would be more inclined to change your script after the 2nd or 3rd visit as long as you are persistent that it isnt working for you.

Doctors really dont want to listen until you've try what they offer first.

Very very true!! I am pr0 at jumping through medical hoops, Been at it my whole life!

After a few hours of thinking, I really DO want a few grams of the Temple/cannatonic CBD to mix with regular stuff, so there IS that to look forward to! small victories I guess eh? I suspect I won't find better CBD than what Aurora has currently at $5/g.

Know whats even more fucked up? the doctor on skype told me "just mix the CBD from the LP with some of your stuff from dispensaries" ok..... then they had me sign papers saying I wouldn't buy from dispensaries... ok... left hand, meet the right hand!

Morimoto,

George1151

Heya folks!

I just was at my 1st appointment at Canadian Cannabis Clinics.... I tried my hardest to explain to the doctor about my experience and everything and he just went off on a tangent about CBD is better, and that's what I need, and LP's are gearing for the rec market and that's why they all have high THC blah blah blah. End point 15% THC restriction... I told him that wouldn't work for me and he wouldn't budge.

I had the exact same experience at CCC and I insisted I see a different doctor there after my first script was limited to 12%. 2nd doctor (took 2 months to get the appt.) only bumped it to 15%.

They are afraid of being sued and claim that the high THC strains are purely for recreational yet when I ask which strains I should use to treat my problem they tell me they don't know it has never been studied. Since no one really knows with scientific certainty and we are in effect guinea pigs in trying to figure out what (if anything) works or doesn't, I wish they would let those who appear responsible to determine their own regime and methods based on trial and error, not some arbitrary limit that has no basis on science.

Then there is the whole urine test thing they make everyone do. Makes me feel like a criminal, even had 1st doctor tell me she was suspicious the first time I saw her (video) because I hadn't submitted one before seeing her. I clearly told them I didn't have to go (drank a ton of water in their office) and would submit it before leaving. The assumption there is that you are a "user" not a patient. That is how they make me feel each time I go there.

Only good things I can say about CCC is that it is free (OHIP) and that the counselor I saw was helpful. But the THC restriction is plain wrong.

I can legally buy booze and kill myself with it if I drink too much why can't I self regulate how much THC I consume?

I don't even want to get ripped (ok sometimes) but I do want to relieve my symptoms.

CCC plain sucks, seems to me that they are just out to make money although they claim they don't because OHIP pays. They want to be in the weed business but not get sued.

Let us know what your family doctor comes up with. GP's love CCC because they are not the ones who have to sign their name to the script and thus have no liability.

I wonder once things are more "legalized" if we will yearn for the days before legalization.

George1151,

Morimoto

Thanks for the reply!

The piss test really pissed me off when I went into the "bathroom" and there was over a foot, yes 12 inches of old piss tests piled up on the counter... USED!!! fucking disgusting!!

In my humble opinion, CCC only exists to make money, they bill the hell out of the ontario taxpayer, visits every 3 months are unnecessary, and piss tests costs them $10 and they bill $100 to taxpayers. They saw an opportunity to prey on unsuspecting Family Doctors who they could charm into referring patients... So utterly disgusted.

I'm going to hug my street dealer next time I see him and tell him how much I love him LOL

Morimoto,

theCerberus

Unfortunately this is just how the system works. I dont think theres anything wrong with them charging OHIP. Health care is a right in Canada....

These doctors are trying to do their best not lose their licences. They have to cover all basis, including following the guidelines of the college of physicians unless they have evidence that is contrary to the rules. If they dont at least try to follow the rules there could be massive repercussions (loss of medical license/barred from practicing medicine).

That means in your medical file there has to be some progression. You cant just start at a high dose or high THC because the college said so. Not your doctor. You can however end up there when what you are given isnt working though.

Look up Dr. K. He signed a large number of MMAR scripts, and he's in huge trouble for not following the college rules.

I do think the piss tests are a bit overboard, but its an extremely slight inconvenience to get the medicine I need, and it keeps the doctor from getting in trouble, so I dont mind in the slightest.
If the doctors office is overcharging OHIP for urine tests the Ontario Ministry of Health will fine them, and it will come full circle.

Last edited:
theCerberus,

Morimoto

Heya fellas!

Look at what popped up on Aurora's website today.......

Now I'm really pissed my doctor put THC restrictions.

Someone order some b4 it's all gone LOL
BqCgdav.jpg

Last edited:
Morimoto,

George1151

I used to be with Aurora but with a 12-15%THC cap there was (probably still is) only 1 strain to choose from the high CBD Temple (which I like). I had to switch even though I still want to buy Temple. Why I have a THC restriction is insane to me. I don't want to get blasted all the time, but with the high potency strains you just use a little, it's easy to moderate.

Now if I want to pay someone $300 I can get a no limit prescription, but with CCC they feel anything above 18% is for recreation not medical. This is based on their fear of being sued not any science. And people wonder why dispensaries (which have no official testing or controls) are so popular. I would much rather buy from an LP. Also the LP's don't sell edibles, concentrates etc. like the dispensaries do.

The MMPR system is terrible, better than nothing but not great that's for sure.

George1151,

theCerberus

@George1151 Exactly my feeling too, I still haven't made an order since my 1st CCC appointment because they fucked up the registration papers (my address)... I will be reporting all CCC's bullshit to my family doctor, but mainly the bathroom/old piss test pile, and the THC restrictions, and recommending him to not send any more of his patients there.

I'd rather have street weed and oxy than deal with CCC ever again.

If you feel your limit is too low, make another appointment stating that the medicine is not effective enough. Your constant attacks at this clinic are uncalled for. They have done nothing wrong (other than a small clerical error with your address) they bill OHIP and charge you nothing. They just have very strict rules.

They are just doctors trying to do their jobs helping you out by assessing you and writing the script FOR FREE, and they are trying not to lose their livelihood, so they are putting some restrictions (given to them by the college) they feel are required.

And people wonder why dispensaries (which have no official testing or controls) are so popular. I would much rather buy from an LP. Also the LP's don't sell edibles, concentrates etc. like the dispensaries do.

The MMPR system is terrible, better than nothing but not great that's for sure.

I agree wholeheartedly with that statement.
In theory, a regulated product is better than an unregulated one.
In practice, over-regulation has made a terrible system.

Now if I want to pay someone $300 I can get a no limit prescription, but with CCC they feel anything above 18% is for recreation not medical.

I have never had a THC restriction on any of my scripts and I used them....
If you present them with the evidence that shows high THC works for your illness they have no problem waiving that restriction. If you are insistent you dont have enough grams/day after a few visits they raise your limit. That is my experience anyways.

Also the THC limit is for fear of side effects (short-term psychosis, and schizophrenia), not anything to do with recreation.

PS: I ordered some of that 32% THC '91 k-og chemdawg.

Last edited:
theCerberus,
Top Bottom