Can I somehow preserve the fragrance and smell of extra virgin coconut oil when making edibles? is is better to add coconut flavoring afterwards?

shredder

Good question and I think adding flavoring at the end would work the best. It might get cooked out if added at the beginning of whatever it is you've made.

I've added orange oil and cherry oil to chocolate just before pouring into molds and they worked well like that, so I think coconut flavoring would work as well.

I use unscented coconut oil because 2 patients don't like the smell or taste of coconut, even if in capsules.

Another doesn't like walnuts in chocolate or brownies. I love coconut and most all nuts, lol.

Last edited:

simplywonderful

Good question and I think adding flavoring at the end would work the best. It might get cooked out if added at the beginning of whatever it is you've made.

I've added orange oil and cherry oil to chocolate just before pouring into molds and they worked well like that, so I think coconut flavoring would work as well.

I use unscented coconut oil because 2 patients don't like the smell or taste of coconut, even if in capsules.

Another doesn't like walnuts in chocolate or brownies. I love coconut and most all nuts, lol.
I only made that good tasting coconut once, otherwise it was always cooked out, I remember cooking it at very low temp
For the price of one virgin coconut oil jar I can have three jars of that cooking coconut oil shit Im wondering how it works compared to mct oil and similar stuff.
Fun fact that smelly coconut stuff seems to main ingredient that is used as antibacterial and antiviral, it is called monolaurin (it certainly taste and smells like it)

simplywonderful,
Reactions: shredder
Top Bottom