Camouflet Injector

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
This looks really cool, but I'm a little lost. Should I start with the inductor thread to get a handle on things?

coolbreeze

This looks really cool, but I'm a little lost. Should I start with the inductor thread to get a handle on things?
I think that's where it was first discussed. Basically it's a wireless injector based in the Convector heating system but scaled up. You can heat it by torch, coil, wireless coil, or with the Inductor.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I think that's where it was first discussed. Basically it's a wireless injector based in the Convector heating system but scaled up. You can heat it by torch, coil, wireless coil, or with the Inductor.

Wow. Okay, that's pretty sweet. Clearly I've got some reading to do

someTooL

Finally got a chance to play with the injector. After a few burn offs (mine smoked and could hear bubbling) and getting my ritual down, can report I really enjoyed the experience.

Using the new head, ~15 second cold start at 27. Slow pull to test, then let it rip. Easy to get a couple a huge pulls quickly. Quick stir, and a reheat of ~10 seconds will complete the session.

Mine does not match the lighter head but seems pretty close. Coloring happening all around the indentation.

I too am noticing the screen seems to be lifting on the heat side. It’s not loose and there seems to be three separate welds holding it in. Will monitor this.

All in all, the injector definitely matches up with other injector/ball vapes I’ve tried and is a super addition to the inductor heated family…now I want that Zooter :tup:

coolbreeze

Finally got a chance to play with the injector. After a few burn offs (mine smoked and could hear bubbling) and getting my ritual down, can report I really enjoyed the experience.

Using the new head, ~15 second cold start at 27. Slow pull to test, then let it rip. Easy to get a couple a huge pulls quickly. Quick stir, and a reheat of ~10 seconds will complete the session.

Mine does not match the lighter head but seems pretty close. Coloring happening all around the indentation.

I too am noticing the screen seems to be lifting on the heat side. It’s not loose and there seems to be three separate welds holding it in. Will monitor this.

All in all, the injector definitely matches up with other injector/ball vapes I’ve tried and is a super addition to the inductor heated family…now I want that Zooter :tup:
I'll have to play with timings. I've just been heating to first sign of color and it's ferocious. Haven't combusted, but I'd like to establish some low- and med-temp timings. I really like it a lot.

Left it set in a coil the other day for an hour and despite the handle being so close to the coil, the heat didn't seem to be an issue. I wouldn't leave it all evening but it'll be fine for any session. Requires more testing but it works great so far.
IMG-6976.jpg
IMG-6978.jpg

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Have you ever wanted to win a free Camouflet Inductor?

How about winning a free Camouflet Inductor and Injector!?

Well now is your chance! Make sure to join our FC members giveaway for your chance to win an Inductor and 1x Camouflet creation of your choice to add to your collection!

🎩

Giveaway thread link below:

leanpubpackage

You can certainly heat the injector with a torch. We did some testing and it works well. You'll need to develop your own method depending on the power of your torch, but in general, apply the torch angling away from the handle long enough for the heat to spread throughout the device. After a few tries you'll have a method that works for you. The Blazer torches seem like they would work just fine.

Obviously, the handle is wood so don't torch that!
how long is the heat up with the torches that you’ve experimented with? does the injector work with the shovelhead bowl?

leanpubpackage,
Reactions: Camouflet

coolbreeze

how long is the heat up with the torches that you’ve experimented with? does the injector work with the shovelhead bowl?
Won't fit the shovelhead. I don't have many other metal bowls to try but it's great in an Ed's newer injector adapters and the SBL injector bowls. I've only torched it a couple times to try it but it was simple and straightforward, I don't even think I waited for color, just gave it a go after some time. Obviously I have no technique for it but results seemed promising. It's great heated wireless style in an axial coil and can be mounted in a coil, so it's pretty versatile.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Honored to have won the giveaway inductor, and I'm leaning toward the injector to go with it... (Zooter is intriguing, but I think this will be more practical, more useful for me?)

coolbreeze

Honored to have won the giveaway inductor, and I'm leaning toward the injector to go with it... (Zooter is intriguing, but I think this will be more practical, more useful for me?)
The injector is great but it is unregulated, so getting it to the range you want will not be precise and will take a bit of getting to know it. I basically zap it until I see a bit of glow and then I let it cool/regulate for a couple seconds and usually find that it's still a powerful hit. I've never torched a bowl with it but it is more aggressive at my skill level than where I usually run my injectors. Nevertheless I really enjoy it and things are sharpening up for me.

But you can also use a coil wirelessly or non. It's great wireless, though I tend to use it with the Inductor. I've also torched it for great fun, too.

The Convector XL may be worth checking out too, it's really a very easy to use bong vape (for me) that works great natively. The bowl size is nice and the the heater is really even. It's got a 14mm joint but also fits Dynavap stems and wpas. It can also work as a bowl using the Injector diffuser-style.

Shit Snacks

The injector is great but it is unregulated, so getting it to the range you want will not be precise and will take a bit of getting to know it. I basically zap it until I see a bit of glow and then I let it cool/regulate for a couple seconds and usually find that it's still a powerful hit. I've never torched a bowl with it but it is more aggressive at my skill level than where I usually run my injectors. Nevertheless I really enjoy it and things are sharpening up for me.

Thanks! I noticed that the inductor does not have temp control, so wouldn't that be the case with anything I get?? And I've never used an IH before, so it makes no difference to me how it runs exactly, furthermore I don't trust temperature settings to be universal as they require learning for each vape typically in my experience regardless... My other injectors, Halo, Atlas, Zenith, do not have temp control and use voltage and watts from the VVPS or mod so that is already what I'm used to for this style of vape

But you can also use a coil wirelessly or non. It's great wireless, though I tend to use it with the Inductor. I've also torched it for great fun, too.

I don't have any coils yet, no PID-driven stuff at all in my collection (Zeal and Omega will be there eventually) and not sure I would ever want to bother torching it instead of using the inductor? I use the torch for GVB Killers though and have been able to adapt well enough with that, I presume using the inductor would be a similar experience using power setting instead of the flame size then just timing the heat up?? I thought maybe there would be some temp control for heating my thermal accumulator and lotus etc before, but I guess those would also be done the same way???

The Convector XL may be worth checking out too, it's really a very easy to use bong vape (for me) that works great natively. The bowl size is nice and the the heater is really even. It's got a 14mm joint but also fits Dynavap stems and wpas. It can also work as a bowl using the Injector diffuser-style.

Yeah I was looking at that too, but I don't know if it was as appealing as the injector, having separate glass bowl is nicer? Instead of all-in-one with taller tube, when I don't really care about using dry, direct like that, even TA I'm planning with WPA and hooks more... Always seems a little more tedious to have the bowl more connected to the heater that way when at home instead of simply separate, injector would be my first cordless thing like that... It is nice that it has 14 mm built in, and does seem to work well, but if I am only going to use it that way really I'm not sure it makes so much sense? I don't have dyna stuff really and I wouldn't have the injector as well, only getting one product for now...

And yeah for dabbing I really prefer using my recyclers and the type of bangers I enjoy, no longer the simple buckets, always hot start, so cold start loading dabs doesn't sound very appealing, or using them dry with the little zooter (which I guess doesn't have temp control either anyway?) for multiple puffs as I prefer one hitters through water, so yeah that is why I have come to lean towards the injector

Last edited:

bellona0544

Hey all! What bowls are people using? I have seen the Convector XL apparently works pretty well, and Ed's TNT Injector bowl works too. Beyond those, what are people using as either decent cheap or more high-quality 18-14mm bowls?

(This will be my first injector-style device and I am in unknown waters!)

bellona0544,
Reactions: sansei

coolbreeze

Hey all! What bowls are people using? I have seen the Convector XL apparently works pretty well, and Ed's TNT Injector bowl works too. Beyond those, what are people using as either decent cheap or more high-quality 18-14mm bowls?

(This will be my first injector-style device and I am in unknown waters!)
The SBL bowls are great for any 18mm injector; the fancy striped ones have a newer, better design:

20230206_160523.jpg

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
So, as I’m hitting my Convector XL tonight I was remarking how much I was enjoying it. And I thought inspirationally to myself, “and you have an Injector on the way dude!”

But then I was like, “what injector?” “No, not injector, Injector.”

I tried ramming convection and injector together into Conjecter, but that don’t sound right. Wait a tic, Invector? I like that…

Or maybe you love the distinction Injector creates in its own way. Just random thoughts while I refresh my shipping info again :)

When y'all speak on using the Injector, are you using the wired version, or heating the head with the Convector? Already in love with my B2, don't really need another wired ball vape. Would definitely grab an Injector if folks are enjoying the experience pairing it with the Convector though

crustycorvus,
Reactions: sansei

coolbreeze

When y'all speak on using the Injector, are you using the wired version, or heating the head with the Convector? Already in love with my B2, don't really need another wired ball vape. Would definitely grab an Injector if folks are enjoying the experience pairing it with the Convector though
Convector mostly, but sometimes I heat it with an Omega wireless setup. Convector's quick and powerful; wireless is temp regulated. I've torched it too, but mostly just playing around.

Convector mostly, but sometimes I heat it with an Omega wireless setup. Convector's quick and powerful; wireless is temp regulated. I've torched it too, but mostly just playing around.
Awesome! That's precisely what my VAS was looking to hear. I've been concerned with other wireless options failing to meet my expectations after my B2. 70$ ain't too hard to recover from if I'm not overly impressed.

crustycorvus,

coolbreeze

Awesome! That's precisely what my VAS was looking to hear. I've been concerned with other wireless options failing to meet my expectations after my B2. 70$ ain't too hard to recover from if I'm not overly impressed.
This one will be a little different as it's not expected to retain heat in the same way that gem matrices do but I've never noticed any shortfall during a hit. It doesn't cool as quickly as you'd think, but it does reheat very quickly. For my use style, it's as functional as any ball vape more or less.

This one will be a little different as it's not expected to retain heat in the same way that gem matrices do but I've never noticed any shortfall during a hit. It doesn't cool as quickly as you'd think, but it does reheat very quickly. For my use style, it's as functional as any ball vape more or less.
Tbh I didn't even realize there was no gems. I should probably go check the actual listing out better. Sounds like it will definitely be a nice addition to the Convector. Thanks for taking a moment to express your thoughts.

Shit Snacks

Tbh I didn't even realize there was no gems. I should probably go check the actual listing out better. Sounds like it will definitely be a nice addition to the Convector. Thanks for taking a moment to express your thoughts.

Yeah I think you were confused, the injector is just a larger convector, heating element, and you mean to say inductor when you've been saying convector above, pretty sure?

Yeah I think you were confused, the injector is just a larger convector, heating element, and you mean to say inductor when you've been saying convector above, pretty sure?
High moment 🤣🤣 you sound like you know more about what I'm saying than I do. Yes, I'm trying to figure out if the injector pairs well with the Inductor. Like if it actually works well enough to compare to other ball vapes

Top Bottom