Camouflet Injector

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Hello FC,

After many requests and suggestions, we are happy to present the all new Injector by Camouflet! A minimalist Injector head to pair with 20mm coils. The Injector offers Camouflet’s heater matrix design as a temperature regulated device. Giving you the control and power you’ve been asking for. It utilizes the same technology developed for the Convector, applied in a larger format with temperature control. This pairing yields a rich supply of temperature controlled air for convection vaping. The result is a unique & potent signature that's sure to tingle your senses and leave your mouth watering(literally).

The Injector features our “straight bore” airflow design preventing uneven extraction or hot spots. The titanium housing ends with a 18mm male taper to pair with any 18mm female compatible bowl. A steady draw speed is recommended to produce the delicious flavor signature Camouflet products are known for.

The Injector housing has two separate retention ring grooves to accommodate for coils with 4 or 5 wraps. There is a 3mm threaded mounting hole on the side of the Injector housing to attach the included handle(or a custom handle) offering an untethered experience.

Specs:
  • Titanium housing with 20mm diameter
  • 18mm male joint
  • 3mm threaded handle for untethered use
  • Tight tolerance fit for optimal heat transfer
  • Two retention ring slots for 14mm and 16mm coil heights
We’re launching the Injector with 15% off as a pre-order deal with an estimated shipping date of Dec. 15th.

Camouflet website link - https://camouflet.com/products/injector

CamoufletInjector.jpg

CamoufletInjector1.jpg

CamoufletInjector.5.jpg

CamoufletInjector.6.jpg

CamoufletInjector.8.jpg

IMG_0947_copy.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
This looks super cool! I can't wait to see photos of the real thing. I'm curious about your handle and your filler material. Are you planning to use rubies? Any preference on size?

The snap ring for tethered use is a smart idea. Can't wait to see video of the whole thing in action.

coolbreeze

This looks super cool! I can't wait to see photos of the real thing. I'm curious about your handle and your filler material. Are you planning to use rubies? Any preference on size?

The snap ring for tethered use is a smart idea. Can't wait to see video of the whole thing in action.
I think it's gonna be unflilled, sort of a GTR approach where the coil is able to heat the matrix fast enough? I'm curious about how it will behave untethered. In any case, this thing's gonna heat up in like a minute and cool down about as fast!

Also, can you torch or Induct it? Either would be amazing as well!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I think it's gonna be unflilled, sort of a GTR approach where the coil is able to heat the matrix fast enough
That would be cool. I have been skeptical of the claims of some other recent non-ball injectors but I think camouflet has been pretty realistic and responsive so I have a little more faith in them as a company.

Still want to see that handle though 😃. That's been hit-or-miss for some of the new cordless heads.

coolbreeze

That would be cool. I have been skeptical of the claims of some other recent non-ball injectors but I think camouflet has been pretty realistic and responsive so I have a little more faith in them as a company.
I'm really just guessing based on what they've shown and my own playing around. I think if it's what it looks like, it will really be neat to be able to heat it, hit it, and put away during a commercial. That will make it very different from the others.
Still want to see that handle though 😃. That's been hit-or-miss for some of the new cordless heads.
Dig. If worse comes to worst, CC's little cooling mod should fit I'd guess.

Dang. Gotta watch this one too. Camouflet is on fire
Indeed! And coiled, apparently! ; )

Camouflet

Manufacturer
The Injector uses our proprietary heater matrix in a large scale format. The picture we shared of all three new product releases together on the table shows the empty Injector housing only, before the heater matrix has been assembled in the Injector.

Here's a teaser video of the Camouflet Injector paired with a 20mm enail coil and temperature controller. Although still not in its final form, we wanted to share a demo with the everyone to get a visual on performance. In the video, temperature is set to 600f with 5 minutes of heat soaking from cold start. More videos to come.

Also, can you torch or Induct it? Either would be amazing as well!
We haven't tested the Injector with torch heating yet. In theory, yes, it should work.

One of our goals is to have the Injector powered via the Inductor, offering a unique on-demand hand held Injector experience. This feature is still in the works, so tentatively yes. We will confirm heating with the Inductor is viable before we start shipping the Injector.

Orvaxxx

The Injector uses our proprietary heater matrix in a large scale format. The picture we shared of all three new product releases together on the table shows the empty Injector housing only, before the heater matrix has been assembled in the Injector.

Here's a teaser video of the Camouflet Injector paired with a 20mm enail coil and temperature controller. Although still not in its final form, we wanted to share a demo with the everyone to get a visual on performance. In the video, temperature is set to 600f with 5 minutes of heat soaking from cold start. More videos to come.

We haven't tested the Injector with torch heating yet. In theory, yes, it should work.

One of our goals is to have the Injector powered via the Inductor, offering a unique on-demand hand held Injector experience. This feature is still in the works, so tentatively yes. We will confirm heating with the Inductor is viable before we start shipping the Injector.
So the Injector will work with the Inductor, do you have a time when this will be possible ?

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Anything new on these 2 working together?
Camouflet Injector Updates:

We've updated the housing of the Injector to be compatible and efficient when paired with the Inductor. These changes will have little effect on the performance when used with a traditional coil. The housing will now be made from Stainless Steel to promote better induction efficiency. Updated geometry allows the user to place the inductor lighter head flush against the surface for improved power transfer. The handle is now thicker with a curved and ergonomic design. We've chosen Oak as the wood handle material.

With these updates, we feel the injector/inductor pairing will provide an interesting new way to consume.

coolbreeze

Camouflet Injector Updates:

We've updated the housing of the Injector to be compatible and efficient when paired with the Inductor. These changes will have little effect on the performance when used with a traditional coil. The housing will now be made from Stainless Steel to promote better induction efficiency. Updated geometry allows the user to place the inductor lighter head flush against the surface for improved power transfer. The handle is now thicker with a curved and ergonomic design. We've chosen Oak as the wood handle material.

With these updates, we feel the injector/inductor pairing will provide an interesting new way to consume.
Awesome!

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Voici L'Injecteur! Here are some pictures forwarded from the factory of the updated Camouflet Injector. The opposite side of the handle is flat with a small key-in area allowing the Inductor F-Core to lay flush against the Stainless Steel housing for optimal heating efficiency.

The new oak handles are looking beautiful!
Camouflet_Injector_with_handle.jpg

Camouflet_Injector_on_desk.jpg

coolbreeze

As requested, late night session with the Camouflet Injector & Inductor. 0.2 in the chamber. Inductor Voltage set to max. Approximately 25 seconds of Inductor F-Core heating the centre of the Injector where the heater plates are located.

Le vapeur on tap.

Do you time your heatup or do you heat til it glows?

Last edited:
coolbreeze,
Reactions: someTooL

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
My Injector along with the Inductor upgrades got here yesterday so I’ve had one night of Injector fun. It has a landing pad for the f-core and fits perfect. First I did a couple burn offs and got just a little smoke off the first and clean after that. Started at 22v which I use for the Anvil and took about 18 seconds to get light but tasty vapor. Decided to up voltage to 27.5 to shorten the time needed to heat. Now at cold start it still took about 15 seconds but it was near instant whitewall with a blast of taste at the front. But I could tell combustion wasn’t far away by the scorched taste at the end. Reheat at 13 seconds and that was near perfect. 3 good hits on one heat up with the first tasty and the second the biggest with a third decent cleanup hit.I arrived at 13 seconds because that’s when the Injector would start glowing red at the landing pad. I waited 5 seconds or so before drawing and that worked great. I never combusted but sure felt close to it a couple times. Amazed at how cool the handle stayed with all that heat so close. I got really consistent after a while and good taste when dialed in. Really nice device. I like it. Great job @Camouflet . A worthy device for any collection. Note: the times used was me counting in my head while vaping Some excellent flower👍

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Do you time your heatup or do you heat til it glows?
Heating in the video was timed. Timing your heating will help provide consistent results. We're finding that 15-25 seconds from cold start works well and shorter times for subsequent reheating.

@Kudzu407 Thank you for the excellent feedback. We're glad to hear you're enjoying the Injector and Inductor combo!

Choices

@Camouflet any chance of seeing the Injector being used with a torch as the heat up source? Basically if it works using a Blazer type torch or the like, I’ll hit the place order button as soon as I can confirm it!

Camouflet

Manufacturer
@Camouflet any chance of seeing the Injector being used with a torch as the heat up source? Basically if it works using a Blazer type torch or the like, I’ll hit the place order button as soon as I can confirm it!

You can certainly heat the injector with a torch. We did some testing and it works well. You'll need to develop your own method depending on the power of your torch, but in general, apply the torch angling away from the handle long enough for the heat to spread throughout the device. After a few tries you'll have a method that works for you. The Blazer torches seem like they would work just fine.

Obviously, the handle is wood so don't torch that!

Last edited:
Top Bottom