Camouflet Convector

Camouflet

Manufacturer
I soaked my Ti parts in 91% for a few days. Removed the parts to brush off and clean w water and when I touched the screen with a brush it fell out.

Is the chamber now toast and I just need to order a replacement? I am a bit aggravated at this. Please advise....
The Chamber screen is not welded in place and can be removed from the chamber for deep cleaning. Your chamber and screen are fine and the screen can be re-inserted into the chamber.

Please advise as to the correct orientation of the chamber screen tabs when it needs to be reinserted into the chamber? Mine came out yesterday during cleaning. I had thought wrongly that this screen was tack welded to the chamber?
Either direction should work. The chamber screen comes set in the chamber with the 3x tabs/little legs on the screen facing out towards the larger opening of the chamber, where you put your material, not the end of the chamber that connects to the stem.

The chamber screen is held in place via friction fit. If need be, you can flatten the 3x tabs/legs on the screen and re-insert the screen into the chamber. This will give it a better grip and tighter fit inside the chamber.

We will be adding the Convector replacement chamber screens to the website soon.

Good to know I have not trashed my heating chamber.
Please email us at contact@camouflet.com if you have any customer service related questions or need any assistance in the future. Email is monitored more frequently and you will get a faster reply.

WirtDog

The Chamber screen is not welded in place and can be removed from the chamber for deep cleaning. Your chamber and screen are fine and the screen can be re-inserted into the chamber.

Either direction should work. The chamber screen comes set in the chamber with the 3x tabs/little legs on the screen facing out towards the larger opening of the chamber, where you put your material, not the end of the chamber that connects to the stem.

The chamber screen is held in place via friction fit. If need be, you can flatten the 3x tabs/legs on the screen and re-insert the screen into the chamber. This will give it a better grip and tighter fit inside the chamber.

We will be adding the Convector replacement chamber screens to the website soon.

Please email us at contact@camouflet.com if you have any customer service related questions or need any assistance in the future. Email is monitored more frequently and you will get a faster reply.

Thanks so much! Will follow your advice on this and any future questions!

WirtDog,

borbjorbis

So my hot OG SS cap fell on some polyester carpet and got gored to death some time ago, and I finally got around to replacing it with a titanium cap. Just fitted the titanium cap to my OG SS bowl and had my first go, and I immediately noticed that the signature felt a little different than I remembered, a little less heady.

This just got me thinking and curious: for those who have both SS and titanium bowls and caps, have you ever experimented with different combinations of cap and bowl? Have you ever noticed any noteworthy differences in the thermal properties / flavors / signature?

borbjorbis,
Reactions: friedrich
Top Bottom