Camouflet Convector

Sativapo

Wow for EU it's 149 $ + 28$ expédition . Would have tried it for like 90+20. I'll pass... I can have a full china pid and titi ball vape for this price

Sativapo,
Reactions: simba

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Wow for EU it's 149 $ + 28$ expédition . Would have tried it for like 90+20. I'll pass... I can have a full china pid and titi ball vape for this price
The “EarlyAccess” discount(40% Off) to FC is available to international members, please contact us via dm if you’re having issues. Your price should be ~$89 for the device. We only intend to share this code on the FC forum, as we have the highest respect for the experience and knowledge of the community. It would be great to have international participation!

International shipping fees can be expensive and are calculated automatically by 3rd party website software. We will do our best to bring these costs down as we grow. Additionally, if any members are veterans, disabled, or have other extraordinary circumstances, please contact us via email and we will help support you as we can.

Sativapo

I'm tempted but I'll wait for the very few first feedbacks as I can't figure how it is possible to heat so close to the bowl and not have a large part of conduction. I was waiting for the next TA.
If this camouflet ( nice name but it feels like a more retro/artisan design like op avatar)does what it says added a temperature indicator it would be my ideal vape like a vapcap and lotus hybrid vape....

Sativapo,
Reactions: simba

GoldenBud

The second apparently (14 wand flashes) but I wonder how it can accumulate enough heat for further convection without important mass like balls or something.
I have to agree, it's so tiny, I think it needs to add a lot of mass/volume for getting anywhere close to the Supreme vape

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Sativapo

Farid

You only need enough mass to produce enough heat for a single lungfull of vapor. Added mass in many cases is overkill, since it continues to be hot after you stop inhaling. I much prefer lower mass because it allows quicker heat up and cool down. Higher mass might make your target heat range a little easier to hit, but I still think the extra fast heat up time makes up for the increased learning curve.

The similarity to the Supreme is the use of a baffled heat exchanger, obviously its vert different in function considering the massive difference in size and mass.

Last edited:

Misterhyde

I have to admit I was extremely surprised when I saw the price. I was expecting something close $40 not $150.

Misterhyde,

Misterhyde

For a brand new player in a relatively tiny industry, $40 would hardly be profitable, I guarantee it.

A new player is why it should be low. They don't have a reputation yet but are charging more than Dynavap, a reputable company. It seems like the unit is mostly stainless steel made in China, it probably doesn't cost more than a couple dollars to make I imagine. Oh well, I won't keep spreading my negative thoughts here but I won't be buying one.

Farid

Look at the discontinued vapes and you'll see a large proportion which were great products, but were not successful because they were priced too low, and the manufacturer was never able to invest in building the buisness.

I'm a huge Dynavap fan, and I was one of the original backers of the indigogo funding campaign. I had the first gen TI woody. They were priced much higher than the B is today, and higher than the 1st gen M (which came out in 2017, a while after Dynavap began). Hell, my 100% satisfaction with my Dynavap is why I no longer am in the market for any vape, so I say this with huge bias towards them.

But that said, your assumption that parts made in China don't cost anything is not true - especially in small batches. I'd be willing to bet this manufacturer is probably starting with small batches, since the success of his new product is unknown at the moment. I also wouldn't be surprised if he's a user himself and not just a nameless Chinese company since he's designed a product that appeals to enthusiasts desire for "convection", something which just doesn't matter to your average Joe who isn't into this as a hobby.

If new vape companies listened to this kind of advice on pricing, they'd never get off the ground. It's a hell of a lot easier to lower the price once established than to raise the price because your original calculations were not conservative enough.

So let's cut them some slack and wait to see how the FC users who have purchased them feel about their new product.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
For this device do you heat then draw or do you heat and draw at the same time?

How open is "wide open" because the anvil is also "wide open." I personally view ball vapes as the only "wide open" draw I've experienced that I can't overpower.

Any waterpipe compatibility? 10mm?

Is the heater in the cap?

Does the 4 or 1 hole have more draw resistance?

Butane torch or bic lighter for heat?

Has anyone received one yet? I got a shipping notification already

Please make a video!!!!!

I'm dying to see this thing in action. It looks like the heater is the same concept as the grasshopper heater (remember them?) but torch powered. I'm hoping it'll scratch my thick vapor itch better than my dyna while not taking forever to cool like the anvil. Like I love to chain smoke with my dyna and I'd love to with the anvil but I can't. Maybe this will bridge that gap?

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
For this device do you heat then draw or do you heat and draw at th

I'm dying to see this thing in action. It looks like the heater is the same concept as the grasshopper heater (remember them?) but torch powered. I'm hoping it'll scratch my thick vapor itch better than my dyna while not taking forever to cool like the anvil. Like I love to chain smoke with my dyna and I'd love to with the anvil but I can't. Maybe this will bridge that gap?
Im in the same boat and mine is coming tom. I need to know. So many questions. Id love to see some photos of the bowl and cap from other angles. And yes someone needs to make a video asap. @Camouflet Please share some more info/ pics/vids to bridge the shipping gap lol.

Xclerk,

DeezVaprz

Welp, the device has landed. About to put it through some testing but wanted to get you happy ents some pics first.

Initial thoughts and observations.

Very nice machining. Don't really see any faults, marks, swirls, etc.
O-rings are SUPER tight to get on and a huge PITA when inserting into the stem. I suspect anyone with dexterity issues may have a hard time getting them on and in the correct place.

Cap is lightweight, magnetic, many tiny holes. Not sure how far down I should push it over the bowl as I hear some friction when I push it down to low.

Screen looks replaceable but didn't see any online. There are three little notches keeping the current one in place.

It would be nice to get some info from @Camouflet regarding best practices when it comes to o-ring spacing and also whether the screen is removable or not.

Going to test this out with my UFO induction heater and report back. So far satisfied with the look and feel. Missing a spare set of o-rings I ordered and waiting to hear back. Otherwise things are looking good!

seriousTone

Nice pics and initial thoughts, thanks. I'm surprised how fast it got to you as well.

Ohhhh shit, so this thing fits into existing dynavap stems??? Because the one thing I was thinking was; I do prefer the feel of wood in my mouth than metal cuz with the dynavap I tend to hold it with my teeth a lot of the times.

So that's pretty sick.

Last edited:

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Here’s a quick demo video of the Convector in action!

First half of video- Heating with the wand induction heater
Second half of video (2:48) - Heating with torch lighter
We put the video together in haste, we wanted to include subtitle instructions but to save time we left them out for now.

Tips
  • Medium, to coarse grind is best for max airflow. Fine grind works well but requires more attention to draw speed and technique.
  • Lightly fill the chamber with desired material; the Convector works well with dry herbs, extracts and concentrates. Gently tap the side of the unit while filling to avoid any tamping. DO NOT PACK THE CHAMBER TIGHT. Smaller loads will require more heating as the load will be further from the heating plates. It’s recommended to cover the entire surface area of the chamber screen to apply proper convection delivery, otherwise extraction will be much slower and inefficient.
  • To apply the cap onto the chamber, simply hold the Convector upright and tilt the cap allowing the fins to touch the chamber’s edge. Hold the device still and rotate the cap onto the chamber.
  • Hold the Convector upright and/or horizontally while heating. Heating the cap with the device upside down will spread heat to undesirable locations.
  • Heating with wand: Insert the tip of the Convector until red lights turn to yellow and induction is engaged. Cold start/First draw will require lengthier heating times, subsequent draws require shorter heating times.
  • Heating with torch lighter: Point the flame at the tip of the cap while rotating. If pointed lower on the cap and chamber area, heat will spread to undesired locations affecting convection delivery. Resulting in a hybrid and more conduction based experience, which some people may prefer. Pointing the flame lower on the cap and chamber area has a much higher risk of combustion and entails a steeper learning curve.
  • Heat “Just the Tip!”
  • Steady and smooth inhale for optimal extraction.
  • If the stem feels hot to the touch after drawing, slow down your draw speed.
  • You can reheat the cap as soon as you like to continue your session.
  • The cap cools down fairly quickly after heating, rest it on a magnet or blow on the cap to speed up cool down.

One of the benefits of not using an audible heating snap disc is not having to wait for a cool down/reset click. You can go straight back to heating the cap immediately, conserving heating fuels and electricity.

We will work on more content to share!

Last edited:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Very sick. Is one hit extraction possible? Also, I don't want to get another Angus-esque conversation started over here, but can you give some insight on the grades of the metal and the type of o-rings used? Some people may have sensitivities to different metal in alloys so it'd be good to know just in case.

Top Bottom