Camouflet

Manufacturer
For clarity, Titanium Dioxide is present on the surface of all titanium that has been exposed to air. It is a thin layer that actually gives Titanium its corrosion resistance. As an industrial product, it is found in everything from sunscreen to food additives and is not considered by the FDA to be harmful. The addition of high heat can make the oxide layer thicker and more visible.

To avoid this build up from occurring, we recommend heating the Convector XL at a 45 degree angle placed against the F-Core and rotating the device. Or you can also heat up the Convector XL on the side of the Camo cap and rotate the device. Make sure you only heat the front area of the Camo cap where the heater plates are located. You can use the 3x weld dots that are visible on the outside of the cap as a marker of where to apply the F-Core. Rotating the device is not necessary but it will avoid creating hot spots when heating.

Placing the F-Core directly on the air intake area of the Convector XL cap can generate an serious amount of heat in a short amount of time. If using this method, make sure you're not applying too much pressure on the F-Core with your device. This will result in a "dented" cap.

coolbreeze

we recommend heating the Convector XL at a 45 degree angle placed against the F-Core and rotating the device.
Like so?
IMG-9039.jpg

Thanks for the info!

Dargin B

I'm switching back to flower vaping and I purchased the XL along with several other "TED" devices. If you like to take bong hits the XL should be your favorite. I've used it on several sized glass pieces and it's always kept up. Take the ceramic cooling tubes out and the airflow is wide open. The taste is awesome as well, but the best part about the XL is the speed. 4-5 seconds on the inductor and I'm milking glass. Finally something as simple as putting a lighter to a bong.

Camouflet

Manufacturer
I'm switching back to flower vaping and I purchased the XL along with several other "TED" devices. If you like to take bong hits the XL should be your favorite. I've used it on several sized glass pieces and it's always kept up. Take the ceramic cooling tubes out and the airflow is wide open. The taste is awesome as well, but the best part about the XL is the speed. 4-5 seconds on the inductor and I'm milking glass. Finally something as simple as putting a lighter to a bong.
We're glad to hear you're enjoying the Convector XL! Yes, it's best practice to remove the ceramic tube from your Convector when pairing it with glass for wide open airflow as you've noted.

With the Convectors + Inductor, one of our main goals was to replicate the speed of use of a traditional lighter + glass ritual in a vaping format. Ultra fast heat up times, with delicious, rich and potent vapor.

fropones

For clarity, Titanium Dioxide is present on the surface of all titanium that has been exposed to air. It is a thin layer that actually gives Titanium its corrosion resistance. As an industrial product, it is found in everything from sunscreen to food additives and is not considered by the FDA to be harmful. The addition of high heat can make the oxide layer thicker and more visible.

To avoid this build up from occurring, we recommend heating the Convector XL at a 45 degree angle placed against the F-Core and rotating the device. Or you can also heat up the Convector XL on the side of the Camo cap and rotate the device. Make sure you only heat the front area of the Camo cap where the heater plates are located. You can use the 3x weld dots that are visible on the outside of the cap as a marker of where to apply the F-Core. Rotating the device is not necessary but it will avoid creating hot spots when heating.

Placing the F-Core directly on the air intake area of the Convector XL cap can generate an serious amount of heat in a short amount of time. If using this method, make sure you're not applying too much pressure on the F-Core with your device. This will result in a "dented" cap.
I've been using my inductor directly on the air intake and have noticed the dent in the cap. I've assumed and hope, though, that there's no performance impact with the dent, only cosmetic?

fropones,

coolbreeze

I've been using my inductor directly on the air intake and have noticed the dent in the cap. I've assumed and hope, though, that there's no performance impact with the dent, only cosmetic?
Mine dented early on, never felt an impact.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Camouflet

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Correct, this will not impact performance and is only cosmetic.

Last edited:
Camouflet,
Reactions: fropones

CauseBurn

I recently made a review for the Camouflet Convector XL (and reg convector).

I have now had the pleasure of using both the Camouflet Convector and the Convector XL, and I have to say, they’ve quickly become my go-to vape devices. Both units are easy to use and performed exceptionally well. Naturally, I found myself drawing comparisons to the Dynavap, but I’d argue these units have some unique advantages, particularly for those using an induction wand.

The titanium convectors heat up and cool down rapidly, a great feature for quick sessions. One thing to note, especially if you’re transitioning from devices like the Dynavap, is the lack of an audible click to indicate when it’s ready to draw. This might take some getting used to, but with an induction wand, it’s actually a benefit since you can dial in the exact temperature you want. A general rule of thumb I’ve found useful is to heat the tip until it turns cherry red—but not too long!

r/CanadianCannabisLPs - Camouflet Convector Review

Between the two, the Convector XL stands out for its slightly different design. The metal plates on the XL seem to store more heat energy than the regular Convector, which is great for longer, more consistent draws. I’m still fine-tuning the exact time needed to achieve the perfect vape, but I’m getting the hang of it with each session.

One of the features I really enjoyed is the variety of ceramic core options, which allow for some customization. The airflow on both units is great; smooth and unrestricted, making for a pleasant vaping experience. The Convector XL also fit perfectly with my 14mm vape rig and pulls nicely.

One minor drawback is the cap’s snug fit. It’s not a dealbreaker, but it does take a little extra effort to get on and off. That said, once it's on, it's secure, so I don’t have to worry about it loosening during use.

All in all, I’ve used both devices multiple times and really enjoy them. Since receiving them, I’ve been using them almost exclusively, which is probably the best endorsement I can give. If you’re familiar with non-battery-powered vape devices, I think you’ll love the Camouflet Convector and Convector XL. They’re ideal for induction wand use, provide excellent performance, and I highly recommend them!

rebelFarmer

I love mine, especially with the whip! How does the XL do on a WPA instead of through it’s stem?
I love the XL on glass, it lives on my orb and is a great goto for that. It has replaced my ball vape in that regard as it is quicker and much more convenience with great capacity. I like that I can run more lower grade/badly trimmed flower when I want, I also find it nice for ripping off big chunks of nugs and just putting it in if I don't wanna grind.

Agreed 100% on the lid being too snug, makes it annoying to use with a reload2 or comparable magnet. Sure I can just blow on it to cool it down but it 100% impacts the workflow. Not a deal breaker by any means but by far the biggest gripe I have with the device.

All in all, regular part of my workflow and with the inductor it is amazingly fast and a real treat!

rebelFarmer

Is the new camo cap different than the old cap? Did the getting stuck thing get resolved (it reads like it does!)

Not trying to gripe too much, the fact that i need to wait a few secs to remove the cap is my biggest gripe is an endorsement in itself <3

rebelFarmer,

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Hello everyone,

We now have the Convector XL Chamber Screens listed under the "Convector Parts" section on the website. Link - https://camouflet.com/products/xl-chamber-screens-2x-pack

Summer '24 has come to end and harvest season is upon us. To celebrate we're having an "End of Summer Special" this week only at Camouflet. If you've been waiting to pick up a Convector XL now's the time. Order your Inductor today and get 2x free Camouflet Creations!
Select your 2x Creations on the Inductor product page from the following: Convector, Convector XL, Injector, Zooter and Banger.

The Convector XL is the grower's choice extraction device for fast and delicious convection rips. Breakthrough Hyperspace and go full Turbo mode when pairing the Convector XL with the Inductor.

Get your new Camouflet Creations in hand ready for trim day and let's get this party started! *Sushi party tray for guests not included.*

Join us on our new Discord group, anytime at - https://discord.gg/GBb7vqkgvn

Last edited:

kokolokokolokon

I´m trying the convector xl, with dual flame torch and the wand, and i have to say it resolves the problems of the normal convector! It is easier to use and you can fill the chamber with just the necessary herb to cover the screen to work. And it works great with hash too. I will share videos, but i think this vape is great to make ninja hits with fast heat ups

Top Bottom