California Cannabis News

Tranquility

Yes, it's broken. But, the legislature isn't going to fix it. POWER TO THE PEOPLE! (At least if they have a bunch of money to buy signatures.)

California marijuana advocates drumming up support for proposed statewide ballot measure
In a bid to undo the complications caused by Prop 64, the military veterans marijuana advocacy group Weed for Warriors has been quietly circulating a draft ballot initiative in recent weeks, soliciting support from cannabis businesses, labor unions, politicians, medical marijuana patients and anyone else they can bring to the table.

According to a summary by Weed for Warriors, the 65-page draft measure would:

• Remove local control of cannabis licensing, thus opening business opportunities in far more jurisdictions.
  • Eliminate state marijuana cultivation taxes.
  • Lower the state cannabis excise tax rate from 15% to 5%.
  • Prohibit local marijuana taxes but devote 20% of state taxes collected to localities....

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
While visiting SoCal this last week, I picked up some Kin Slips. These under-the-tongue-cannabis-strips dissolve completely, and, like nitrogliserin heart tablets, are absorbed quickly into the blood stream: 10-15 minutes. I'm a gadget-kinda-guy so I am easily impressed: I like them. Unfortunately, the strongest strip is only 10 mgs, but it is easy to do more than 1 strip, say, in an airport before a flight home.

Tranquility

The industry is so big, a $100 million dollar bribe...er...grant is not enough for political support.

California governor gets lukewarm marijuana industry support amid recall
California Gov. Gavin Newsom might need all the political ammunition he can muster later this year when he faces a recall election, but he probably shouldn’t count on an outpouring of support from the marijuana industry – despite having championed recreational legalization when it was on the ballot five years ago.

Newsom even offered a $100 million olive branch to the industry on May 14 in the form of a one-time grant proposal to help ease a major statewide licensing logjam for cannabis businesses.

But that probably won’t prove enough to convince many marijuana business insiders to campaign on his behalf.

By the same token, several industry consultants and executives said they don’t expect many marijuana businesses to actively campaign against Newsom, either.

More than likely, many cannabis businesspeople will simply sit out the election – or reluctantly cast ballots for Newsom.

The situation marks a sharp divide in the relationship between the governor and the marijuana industry, given that he was once the most high-profile politician in the state to back full legalization via his full-throated support of Proposition 64 in 2016....

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
$25 for a 4 pack of 10mg drinks, for a total of 40mg of cannabis 😂😂😂😂

Just for reference: a single gram of 20% THC flower would contain 200mg of THC.

So that’s $25 for 1/5 of the THC that an average gram of dispensary flower would contain.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

California offers $100 million to rescue its struggling legal marijuana industry

The California Legislature on Monday approved a $100-million plan to bolster California’s legal marijuana industry, which continues to struggle to compete with the large illicit pot market nearly five years after voters approved sales for recreational use.
North of the Island that captain Cook land his vessel on . (Da crew on da deck of the ship must have great skill’s!)
Sorry my thought of exploring brought back memories?
Our MARIJUANA garden back in the last century (LED ZEPPELIN playing 2-calm bipedal tan skin evolution creature’s harvesting our crop’s of seedless CANNABIS crossed with Northern West side mainland & across the pond/however south of the land where bulb’s R grown?
Pale however Blue & N a neighborhood far by measurement if time is controlling one’s destination?
Why is CANNABIS ILLEGAL in some location’s of the orb bipedal dweller’s inhabit?

ataxian,
Reactions: Shrike

Gunky

California offers $100 million to rescue its struggling legal marijuana industry

The California Legislature on Monday approved a $100-million plan to bolster California’s legal marijuana industry, which continues to struggle to compete with the large illicit pot market nearly five years after voters approved sales for recreational use.
The state is spending 100 million bux to subsidize compliance with all the stringent rules and regulations the voters authorized by vote when they bought a pig in a poke five years ago. How about we start making cannabis more like food and quit making everyone jump through all these hoops? Introduce testing and regulation gradually, use pilot projects and work out the kinks before making everyone go crazy.

Tranquility

Imagine the money that will flow behind the scenes to find the champion! While they haven't won an award since the 60s, Thrifty still touts the ice cream they sell in CA Rite Aids as "award winning" right on the package.

Here's where to sign up:
https://calexpostatefair.com/participate/competitions/california-cannabis
The CA State Fair Cannabis Awards is a celebration of our cultivators, large and small, and represents another step towards normalization and a new conversation about cannabis.

Awarding cannabis flower and its unique compounds, the science-based competition is open to all licensed California cannabis cultivators, showcasing the diversity of our microclimates, appellations, indoor, sun grown, mixed light farms, and brands.

The Awards will reach a new audience and serve as a platform for consumer education and the role of the cannabis industry as a vital contributor to the California economy.

Cannabis-Awards-Logo-Full-Color.png

Adobewan

Imagine the money that will flow behind the scenes to find the champion! While they haven't won an award since the 60s, Thrifty still touts the ice cream they sell in CA Rite Aids as "award winning" right on the package.

Here's where to sign up:
https://calexpostatefair.com/participate/competitions/california-cannabis

Cannabis-Awards-Logo-Full-Color.png
I agree with your main point, but while it may no longer be award-winning, Thrifty's pistachio ice cream can make your knees weak.
And if you keep eating it, it will!

Tranquility

I agree with your main point, but while it may no longer be award-winning, Thrifty's pistachio ice cream can make your knees weak.
And if you keep eating it, it will!
I do not disparage Thrifty ice cream in the least. While a couple have fallen in flavor since it was a nickel a scoop (I'm looking at YOU Burgundy Cherry with your cherry pieces rather than cherries.), most are still the best deal in town.

everything-i-do-is-the-attitude-of-an-award-winner-because-i-have-won-an-award.jpg

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

For now, the only way legal, state-licensed businesses say they are able to stay profitable is to keep one foot in the illegal, unlicensed market – often called the “legacy” or “traditional” market.

ugotmale

San Francisco Suspends Cannabis Tax To Combat Illegal Marijuana Sales​

“Cannabis businesses create good jobs for San Franciscans and provide safe, regulated products to their customers,” Mandelman said in a statement. “Sadly, the illegal market is flourishing by undercutting the prices of legal businesses, which is bad for our economy as illegal businesses pay no taxes while subjecting workers to dangerous conditions and consumers to dangerous products. Now is not the time to impose a new tax on small businesses that are just getting established and trying to compete with illicit operators.”

Adobewan

Reads like an anti-cannabis piece to me.
It’s not till the very end that it states that lawmakers favor legalization to cripple the cartels.
The article would have read more legitimately, had it stated from the top, that all the tragedy it’s reporting on is due, not to illegal grows, but to prohibition.

Adobewan,
Top Bottom