Brilliant Cut Grinder

derosavapore

Solo canotto!
I just want the kief in the bowl, not in my mouth, turns out it passes through screens easily. :uhoh:
Imo, a problem caused most of the time by that metal-free-glass-screens. The standard rimed screens I am okay with, tinymight uses also screens that are fine enough with a medium BCG. I recommend a gentleman's grind to you. No problems at all with a vapcap or a supreme.

derosavapore,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

IsaacHayes

Salty Balls™ Authorized distributor
I don't recall hearing a firm commitment on timing for a stainless release, so this doesn't seem to me to be in conflict with that, either. It's simply not stainless.
Stainless Steel Update 08/21/2021.

555.jpg

I posted about the SS a few posts back, They're waiting on equipment.
Thank you

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Received my first BCG 7 days after shipping was confirmed (which included Christmas), so that was pretty quick.

So buttery smooth, almost no resistance. There were a couple spots where some bud got stuck to the top of the center plate but I easily knocked them free with the little protrusions on the other side and ground them in. Very consistent end result, nice fine grind, right about what I hoped for from something called "fine". I'm glad I have the larger size with medium grind coming though. That will likely be my preference as I use the Solo with flower. The "off silver/metallic gray" might be a rare color as it were. Maybe a one off they decided was a bit redundant or something. Like these were made to test possible new colors and were thrown into the seconds....

Edit: 'cause I meant to say that though I didn't join FC with an eye to save money, between getting my second Solo for $40 (thanks @Razhumikin ) and these grinders near half price it has already saved me at least $100. 🤘

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
At last. After 5 weeks and what appeared to be a fairly extensive tour of major north America cities, my large BCG has arrived in France.
No duties or extra charges!

This is a factor second, although as others have stated I can't find any blemishes. BCG must have very very high QC.....

Anyway, large plate (as my first has medium).

I like this size best. My large hands appreciate the size.

IMG_20211229_114515.jpg

IMG_20211229_114531.jpg

Love it!

fangorn

Second BCG Factory received in France today!
Ordered 11/22, received 12/23 (but I was away for vacation) ...

I just washed it and looked carefully ...
The aesthetic defects are really very very minor ... I expected visible scratches so I'm very happy! there are a few circles in the anodization but you have to really look to see them!

on the other hand, not used yet ... but my first impression is, that in comparison with my Herb Ripper in stainless steel ... it is very light ... and, do not throw stones at me, but, I have the impression that it is cheap ...
Considering the feedback here, I didn't expect to have this feeling at all!
he'll have to grind damn well to dethrone my herb ripper !!

Again, I haven't used it yet ... and I'll have to get used to the weight!
I will probably test this evening!

But this feeling almost makes me regret not having waited for the unicorn ... the stainless steel BCG ...

(I had not seen the last exchanges before writing this message)
ah and speaking of new product ... just out of curiosity, have some of you fallen for the new wired version? I don't understand the interest, given the quality of the magnets on the version I just received ... not hard to open but no fear that it will open on its own!

I will come and give my impressions on the grinding !!

Good Vape to you !

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
I have the impression that it is cheap ...
I have to respectfully disagree.

It has a decent weight for being aluminum. I was surprised at how heavy it actually felt personally.

The parts are absolutely machined to an extremely high standard as well. Something you can see as well as feel when you use it.

To call any part of a BCG cheap, especially without using it first is.... encroyable!

fangorn

I knew it was going to provoke reactions ... but I'm not provoking!

Watch out ... I didn't say BCG is bad ... and I absolutely don't want to disrespect the designers!

I just don't remember reading a single negative review about it ... here or on other sites ... so I allowed myself to share a feeling ... which is not positive, but not negative either!
Indeed stainless steel is heavier than aluminum ... and that plays a lot in my "cheap" impression. The finishes are excellent and so is the engineering.
I also specified that I had not grinded with it (and that I will come back later) and that I compared it to the Herb ripper in stainless steel.
With the herb ripper I have the impression of having a tool in my hands, with the BCG, I have the impression of having a toy in my hands.

I therefore insist on the fact that it is a first feeling when unpacking, simply by touching ...

And I repeat, with other words, that I will probably not have had this impression with a BCG in SS.

In short, peace guys, I'm not attacking the unassailable ... I'm sharing a FEELING!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I knew it was going to provoke reactions ... but I'm not provoking!

Watch out ... I didn't say BCG is bad ... and I absolutely don't want to disrespect the designers!

I just don't remember reading a single negative review about it ... here or on other sites ... so I allowed myself to share a feeling ... which is not positive, but not negative either!
Indeed stainless steel is heavier than aluminum ... and that plays a lot in my "cheap" impression. The finishes are excellent and so is the engineering.
I also specified that I had not grinded with it (and that I will come back later) and that I compared it to the Herb ripper in stainless steel.
With the herb ripper I have the impression of having a tool in my hands, with the BCG, I have the impression of having a toy in my hands.

I therefore insist on the fact that it is a first feeling when unpacking, simply by touching ...

And I repeat, with other words, that I will probably not have had this impression with a BCG in SS.

In short, peace guys, I'm not attacking the unassailable ... I'm sharing a FEELING!

You are not alone with your observation, it’s a pet peeve of mine.. so this is NOT directed at you personally.

My “peeve” is how often folks mention the weight of a product in how it “feels” like or is equated to “quality”. Especially, with hand held products, like ECig mods, battery mods, as well as things like tools etc. I understand the visceral feelings we get, happens to me as well, perhaps we get conditioned to it when growing up. The Chinese manufacturers certainly read many of our product reviews, and add lead, or cheap “pig metal” just to make the products weigh more, which again, then gets mentioned in reviews “how solid” it feels in the hand. Sure, metal has a more satisfying hand feel then most plastics, and HEAVY metal, well again, gets associated with quality. Upon further examination, the heavier cheap metal was added, but the device itself was crap. I try to divorce myself from the weight of the product, and look for the QUALITY in it, if it exists. And personally, I actually prefer something LIGHTER if I’m holding it in my hand for awhile. While lighter, carbon fiber is in some respects stronger then steel.

A grinder is just a tool, grade it on the OUTPUT it delivers. Same with the variety of colors.... just ask the blind stoner...

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The Chinese manufacturers certainly read many of our product reviews, and add lead, or cheap “pig metal” just to make the products weigh more, which again, then gets mentioned in reviews “how solid” it feels in the hand.
I was just wondering about this on my RX GEN3 vs. my Predator 228. Both dual batteries from the same manufacturer, the GEN3 weighs about twice as much. 🤷‍♂️

Also, to keep it relevant. My BCG is reasonably hefty for aluminum. The SS one is going to weigh a ton. :-)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Haha yeah heavy is not ideal if you I'm more careful with your hands for whatever reason, but yeah BCG uses such high grade aluminum it is actually heavier than most others I think? @Grass Yes Ravage mod is my favorite because of how lightweight it is!

fangorn

No duties or extra charges!
10 € for me! Directly paid on the web site of la poste

My “peeve” is how often folks mention the weight of a product in how it “feels” like or is equated to “quality”. Especially, with hand held products, like ECig mods, battery mods, as well as things like tools etc. I understand the visceral feelings we get, happens to me as well, perhaps we get conditioned to it when growing up.
It's an interesting point of view. certainly what is at stake for me in part!
At the same time, precisely on the subject of e cigs, I am not sensitive to that. I'm on the practical side ... with a big and heavy atomizer, I'm looking for light mods for the home, or side by side for carrying in the pocket.
and I clearly don't judge the quality by weight!

The Chinese manufacturers certainly read many of our product reviews, and add lead, or cheap “pig metal” just to make the products weigh more, which again, then gets mentioned in reviews “how solid” it feels in the hand.
incredible as information .... I had no idea that it existed ...

Ravage mod is my favorite because of how lightweight it is!
It's definitely not the same chipset, but I like to use the Tesla wye 85 for its lightness (and texture)

grinder is just a tool, grade it on the OUTPUT it delivers. Same with the variety of colors.... just ask the blind stoner...

I couldn't agree more.

So here is an opinion after having used it ONLY once ... It is not definitive, far from it!

The 3 plates are indeed of a very, very high quality! They work very well together. The top plate is beautiful with the reflections. It can be very mesmerizing after a session! The teeth are magnificent. I like the locking system between the middle plate and the one below.

The most important: the result is ... fantastic ... With the medium plate, I obtained a perfectly uniform grind, with a texture as I expected for my convertion vapes. (On this point, I cannot compare with my herb ripper because I only have a coarse plate). At this point, the tool perfectly fulfills its mission.

About the grinding process. It is easy ... But, in my opinion, less than that of my HR (which I nevertheless use backwards, to obtain a grind that suits me). I pre-cut my finest Bruce Banner # 3 buds, didn't overload the grinder and took more work than I'm used to. I feel more resistance.
But in the end, the desired grind is perfect.

But ... I didn't fall in love with it. It is magnificent and very well done, I do not dispute that. I just didn't fall in love with it. I will probably tame it and adopt it in the days and weeks to come but some points bother me a bit.
(Keeping in mind that I'm very used to my HR ...)
I took the standard version ... But it is already too big / fat for me.
The magnets at the bottom prevent me from using my usual tool. I like the practical side, but the downside is this ... I therefore contradict myself on what I wrote earlier, namely that I understand much better the version which has just been released, equipped with thread.
And finally, I'll get used to it, but the magnets are too strong, and my bottom plate jumps loudly over the rest of my grinder when my hand approaches to close the whole thing.

To sum up, I love the grind (which is essential) but certain points prevented the meeting from resulting in love at first sight.
To see in time! The meeting is not over yet.
I do not regret my purchase, it allows me to form my own opinion. And now I know that in the future I will buy a medium plate for HR!

Peace 😁

oldfool

The magnets at the bottom prevent me from using my usual tool.
One of the things that has kept me from buying one.
the magnets are too strong, and my bottom plate jumps loudly
New threaded version solves both.
Make it stainless and I'll have to have one.

threaded? Damn, guess that had issues with the design to resort to the evil threads haha

looks like a test run at first
I don't think quarter turn threading is a big deal, can be better in some ways than magnet,
Perhaps the magnetic closing won't work right with stainless.
I'm guessing once they go into mass production SS will be an option.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
The magnets are very strong indeed. I could see how using certain tools around them could be difficult. The bottom fairly slams into the center plate. It can be jarring at times but I found it hasn't caused any spillage or anything really problematic.

I'm either scooping with the Solo stem itself (glass of course) or using my VapCap as a scoop and it hasn't been a problem yet.

Though I would want one, if the SS is $100+ I probably won't buy one unless there's seconds or a super sale.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
10 € for me! Directly paid on the web site of la poste

It's an interesting point of view. certainly what is at stake for me in part!
At the same time, precisely on the subject of e cigs, I am not sensitive to that. I'm on the practical side ... with a big and heavy atomizer, I'm looking for light mods for the home, or side by side for carrying in the pocket.
and I clearly don't judge the quality by weight!

incredible as information .... I had no idea that it existed ...

It's definitely not the same chipset, but I like to use the Tesla wye 85 for its lightness (and texture)

I couldn't agree more.

So here is an opinion after having used it ONLY once ... It is not definitive, far from it!

The 3 plates are indeed of a very, very high quality! They work very well together. The top plate is beautiful with the reflections. It can be very mesmerizing after a session! The teeth are magnificent. I like the locking system between the middle plate and the one below.

The most important: the result is ... fantastic ... With the medium plate, I obtained a perfectly uniform grind, with a texture as I expected for my convertion vapes. (On this point, I cannot compare with my herb ripper because I only have a coarse plate). At this point, the tool perfectly fulfills its mission.

About the grinding process. It is easy ... But, in my opinion, less than that of my HR (which I nevertheless use backwards, to obtain a grind that suits me). I pre-cut my finest Bruce Banner # 3 buds, didn't overload the grinder and took more work than I'm used to. I feel more resistance.
But in the end, the desired grind is perfect.

But ... I didn't fall in love with it. It is magnificent and very well done, I do not dispute that. I just didn't fall in love with it. I will probably tame it and adopt it in the days and weeks to come but some points bother me a bit.
(Keeping in mind that I'm very used to my HR ...)
I took the standard version ... But it is already too big / fat for me.
The magnets at the bottom prevent me from using my usual tool. I like the practical side, but the downside is this ... I therefore contradict myself on what I wrote earlier, namely that I understand much better the version which has just been released, equipped with thread.
And finally, I'll get used to it, but the magnets are too strong, and my bottom plate jumps loudly over the rest of my grinder when my hand approaches to close the whole thing.

To sum up, I love the grind (which is essential) but certain points prevented the meeting from resulting in love at first sight.
To see in time! The meeting is not over yet.
I do not regret my purchase, it allows me to form my own opinion. And now I know that in the future I will buy a medium plate for HR!

Peace 😁
You can get a feel for it , so it doesn't snap shut so distinctly. Act as though it is hinged and it's easier to control. The same is good for opening.
Cheers

Sean-C

How long do the factory second orders typically take to process and ship out?? Has anyone in the US who placed an order for a factory second set around Xmas gotten their BCG set yet?

A few people have said they've gotten their factory second BCG within 2 weeks after ordering. My order was placed a week and a half ago and it still hasn't been processed yet. I figured Xmas and New Years would set my order back a few days to be processed but it's looking like it might take over 2 weeks for it to even be processed.

Top Bottom