Brilliant Cut Grinder

webtroter

Sean-C

Does anyone have a Onyx/Hematite/Onyx that they can upload a pic of? Lol I can't find a real life pic of that combo and I just emailed GFL asked to swap my middle plate for a Hematite colored plate. But after looking at the Hematite color on the website, it looks like it has a blue-ish hue to it, and if it's like that then I'm not sure how much I'll love it compared to Silver in between the two Onyx plates.

I'd really appreciate some pics of the Onyx/Hematite/Onyx combo! 😀

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I just ordered a factory second!

So my current Large BCG is going to stay at my desk, and this new "small" one will be travelling with me :)

It seems there's a new batch, because the color I just bought wasn't there a few days ago.

I just went back and I think they are updating the website right now... :)

Oh yeah there are a lot of color combos available now for the regular, so many great ones, awesome for people to still take advantage of and still a some large size is left too...

They did indeed get me for another, large amethyst, Lord help me, I am getting close to that diamond status...

Does anyone have a Onyx/Hematite/Onyx that they can upload a pic of? Lol I can't find a real life pic of that combo and I just emailed GFL asked to swap my middle plate for a Hematite colored plate. But after looking at the Hematite color on the website, it looks like it has a blue-ish hue to it, and if it's like that then I'm not sure how much I'll love it compared to Silver in between the two Onyx plates.

Don't worry, it's hard to tell in the photos, but hematite does not look blue anymore, the old early runs of it did, but it is a true dark gray, maybe not quite gunmetal but close, I assure you! Possibly if you have blue plates it could bring more blue out of it, but I have mine with aquamarine and sapphire regulars next to it as in my photo also above or on the previous page, and you can tell it's not blue... If you need more photos than you can see in this thread, and you haven't done it already, I highly recommend looking at the GFL Instagram as they post a lot of color combos in different lighting, otherwise you can also do a Google search to help find stuff here and on Reddit??

Sean-C

Oh yeah there are a lot of color combos available now for the regular, so many great ones, awesome for people to still take advantage of and still a some large size is left too...

They did indeed get me for another, large amethyst, Lord help me, I am getting close to that diamond status...

Don't worry, it's hard to tell in the photos, but hematite does not look blue anymore, the old early runs of it did, but it is a true dark gray, maybe not quite gunmetal but close, I assure you! Possibly if you have blue plates it could bring more blue out of it, but I have mine with aquamarine and sapphire regulars next to it as in my photo also above or on the previous page, and you can tell it's not blue... If you need more photos than you can see in this thread, and you haven't done it already, I highly recommend looking at the GFL Instagram as they post a lot of color combos in different lighting, otherwise you can also do a Google search to help find stuff here and on Reddit??
I talked to someone from GFL and they said that since they're factory seconds, the Hematite plate I'll be getting might be from an earlier batch so it might be a little bit blue-ish.

They said they'd try to get a darker one from a more recent batch for me, which was cool of them.

I asked if they don't end up having a greyish one, if they'd be able to just throw a silver plate on instead! I'm waiting to hear back but I'm hoping for the best!

So hopefully I'll either get a darker Hematite plate, or a Silver plate if that's not available! 😀

What sucks is, since I had to cancel my first order and change this one, it pushed the processing time back and now I'm not sure if I'll get my Brilliant Cut by Xmas.

Hopefully it'll be worth it! 😀

Shit Snacks

I talked to someone from GFL and they said that since they're factory seconds, the Hematite plate I'll be getting might be from an earlier batch so it might be a little bit blue-ish.

They said they'd try to get a darker one from a more recent batch for me, which was cool of them.

I asked if they don't end up having a greyish one, if they'd be able to just throw a silver plate on instead! I'm waiting to hear back but I'm hoping for the best!

So hopefully I'll either get a darker Hematite plate, or a Silver plate if that's not available! 😀

What sucks is, since I had to cancel my first order and change this one, it pushed the processing time back and now I'm not sure if I'll get my Brilliant Cut by Xmas.

Hopefully it'll be worth it! 😀

Yeah don't overthink it, when it gets here it will be great, that's funny though because I asked if there were any blue hematite left from then and they said they were all gone!

Shit Snacks

The coarse plate's grind is as consistent (in terms of the evenness of the grind) as the medium (& fine) plate. You will be happy with it.

Thank you, I wanted someone else to say this because I believed it to be true! So yeah I think it really depends on the user, it's possible to do it all, I feel like if you just stuff them in and go you might end up with a more consistent grind than my style of going smaller nugs in between the teeth...

Last edited:

Sir Wibble

Well, it's really relative to the herbs you are using and how you load the grinder too, I wouldn't say it's not as consistent, because like I said when I grind with the medium and no upside down grinding, I find it to be more coarse but still pretty consistent, though there's always the chance of a larger piece falling through the hole depending how you load and such... Even using the fine plate, I like to grind upside down for even more consistency, but technically you're ending up with more finely ground, than more chunks, so technically either way it's not going to be fully consistent per se? But yeah the larger the holes are, the more chance something that is not ground could fall through, just be careful with how you load it and use it, is all. If you find the medium plate to be consistent the way you use it, I would not be too worried about the coarse plate not being consistent enough for you, I think you may be surprised how you enjoy it!

Yeah the FM is great, and unique, not like any other grinder, not really a grinder at all, but yeah I do not get such a consistent grind there with the standard or coarse plate, need to be using one of the fine plates for that in my experience, but again it can depend how you load and use it, for me and my style in general the BCG is a bit more consistent... Particularly now that I have the coarse and extra chunky plates to compare, yeah I would say it is a more consistent coarse grind for me, though it is also more grinded if that makes sense, since the BCG is more of a traditional grinder?? But that is also because I like to go a little upside down of course!

Haha my pleasure, yeah it's hard to really cure any of these, I've been told not to buy things specifically and then I still had to buy them for myself only to confirm I should not have! If you do want more VAS, fantastic pair for the TM is the FW7, and cloud connoisseur for plug-in...

Meanwhile I cannot seem to conquer my own GrAS (still working on the GlAS) because I am so tempted to get another factory second now that there are more large available, amethyst, which there are only medium plate versions of, and that is what I already have with my hematite and amber plate, would rather a large fine plate, to help justify it further, but even so... Damn it why :rofl:I
I would really like a FW7 to go with my TM as have heard they pair nicely. Also want to try out my bb9 and mvs with it. Tried for 12 weeks so far. No luck with the drop. Not sure if its because I'm uk and there is a delay ...

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
They've got sale prices for a few factory seconds.
One regular is $45, Sapphire/Ruby/Off Gold
Large for $60, Hematite/Onyx/Off Silver
Regular with fine, medium and coarse plates, $87.50, Sapphire/RubyF,M,C/Sapphire
Oh, there will be a holiday sale. 10% off.

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I saw the one large in a sweet color combo at $60 and couldn't resist. So now I have a regular size with fine plate and a large with medium on the way. Now it's just hurry up and wait.

I did not see that there was a 10% sale coming.... oh well.

Congratulations on your new grinder!
I only knew about the sale because I was messaging BCG on IG, wanting a solid color set. They are setting aside an Emerald.
They have extra coarse plates in Amber, Emerald and Gold.
I'm impressed with the Customer Service as much as the quality of the grinders.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I would really like a FW7 to go with my TM as have heard they pair nicely. Also want to try out my bb9 and mvs with it. Tried for 12 weeks so far. No luck with the drop. Not sure if its because I'm uk and there is a delay ...

Oh, yeah, you cannot order it from the UK, he does not ship to Europe, sorry you've been wasting your time trying to score one on the drop! There was a member here in the firewood thread who was offering to buy them for people in Europe then send them, but yeah the only option in Europe is to have someone else do it and send it, or get one used on Reddit EntExchange (also I highly recommend grabbing the WPA with it if you can, it is like two vapes in one, it has a more direct path and ergonomics keeping FW upright)

They've got sale prices for a few factory seconds.
One regular is $45, Sapphire/Ruby/Off Gold
Large for $60, Hematite/Onyx/Off Silver
Regular with fine, medium and coarse plates, $87.50, Sapphire/RubyF,M,C/Sapphire
Oh, there will be a holiday sale. 10% off.

Oh wow that is awesome, they are listing the off colors now even further discounted with other factory second plates! And those complete factory second sets... Also I suspected they would be having another 10% off code for the holidays, BYEBYE2021 is now active, I guess for the rest of the year! If I had waited I would not have scored the amethyst large perhaps so I don't mind especially because they've been hooking me up so much lol

Congratulations on your new grinder!
I only knew about the sale because I was messaging BCG on IG, wanting a solid color set. They are setting aside an Emerald.
They have extra coarse plates in Amber, Emerald and Gold.
I'm impressed with the Customer Service as much as the quality of the grinders.

They are so awesome, and nice job scoring that emerald, are you getting it with the extra chunky coarse plate then?? Those are the colors they had when I asked, except I must have gotten the last silver or one of the last!

I saw the one large in a sweet color combo at $60 and couldn't resist. So now I have a regular size with fine plate and a large with medium on the way. Now it's just hurry up and wait.

I did not see that there was a 10% sale coming.... oh well.

Very nice choice! Fantastic price, don't worry too much about the discount, it is small so it basically just offsets the cheapest shipping option (which I do appreciate)... The factory second deals are really something special!

Last edited:

webtroter

I have a large hematite plate and the onyx top and bottom.

Here's the pic :
IMG_20211218_170217.jpg

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Oh, yeah, you cannot order it from the UK, he does not ship to Europe, sorry you've been wasting your time trying to score one on the drop! There was a member here in the firewood thread who was offering to buy them for people in Europe then send them, but yeah the only option in Europe is to have someone else do it and send it, or get one used on Reddit EntExchange (also I highly recommend grabbing the WPA with it if you can, it is like two vapes in one, it has a more direct path and ergonomics keeping FW upright)

Oh wow that is awesome, they are listing the off colors now even further discounted with other factory second plates! And those complete factory second sets... Also I suspected they would be having another 10% off code for the holidays, BYEBYE2021 is now active, I guess for the rest of the year! If I had waited I would not have scored the amethyst large perhaps so I don't mind especially because they've been hooking me up so much lol

They are so awesome, and nice job scoring that emerald, are you getting it with the extra chunky coarse plate then?? Those are the colors they had when I asked, except I must have gotten the last silver or one of the last!

Very nice choice! Fantastic price, don't worry too much about the discount, it is small so it basically just offsets the cheapest shipping option... The factory second deals are really something special!
I got the Emerald and an extra chunky Gold plate. I think the Emerald should mix nicely with the Blood Ruby, and the Gold will look nice with both. I just caught the 10%, and was tempted to get one more so I could start the Six Grinder Club, buy then you'd want to join and possibly start the Seven Grinder Club, and I can't be responsible for all that. Besides, if I don't stop now, I'll be on my way to collecting one in every color, in both sizes, plus the Debowlers. BCG would see me coming, then start making new sizes, like Medium and Keychain, and Limited Edition colors like Tanzanite, Topaz and Tiger Eye. No, it has to stop somewhere, and I need to calm myself down, and go grind something.

Shit Snacks

I got the Emerald and an extra chunky Gold plate. I think the Emerald should mix nicely with the Blood Ruby, and the Gold will look nice with both.

Very nice! Yeah they will look great, I didn't want to get emerald or gold because I don't really like those colors in general, though they are all pretty really, had to go with the silver extra chunky since I already had amber medium plate from my large hematite BCG too... I probably should have still gotten the coarse plate with my blood red to have a complete one but oh well!

I just caught the 10%, and was tempted to get one more so I could start the Six Grinder Club, buy then you'd want to join and possibly start the Seven Grinder Club, and I can't be responsible for all that.

:rofl:Oh I already am the six BCG club now that I ordered this large amethyst (hopefully with sapphire fine plate) and expect to be the seven BCG club when the stainless steel version is available...???

Besides, if I don't stop now, I'll be on my way to collecting one in every color, in both sizes, plus the Debowlers.

Haha right? I remember when I made the choice to get my first one entirely in aquamarine and I was very satisfied, then amethyst came out and I had to get light amethyst for another entire one, and then the large seemed like the perfect opportunity to finally get hematite and some amber... Of course I still felt the pull of a regular amethyst, and sapphire as I saw more photos of it here, now in person I can say I really really really really love this sapphire a whole lot actually!! I have not been tempted by the de bowlers really because I don't use vap cap stuff much at all, but they still have the factory seconds in rose gold which is another color I don't have yet...

BCG would see me coming, then start making new sizes, like Medium and Keychain, and Limited Edition colors like Tanzanite, Topaz and Tiger Eye. No, it has to stop somewhere, and I need to calm myself down, and go grind something.

Hahaha they should see us coming but they don't expect it which is part of what makes them so great! Supposedly the stainless steel will be like a medium, 2.5 inch in between the two current sizes, but I was thinking the other day if they would ever make an extra small size too! keychain lol I used to have a tiny little grinder that would not be useful for me now but sure is cute! Haha those limited edition colors, that would be too cool, there are so many shades in the spectrum of anodization, the possibilities are endless! :brow::razz::smug:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

I posted my O/H/O on another thread:
Here it is with its new friend and rival.
View attachment 15373
My lightbox really shows off the dust on there. Typically it doesn't have those little motes visible.
Also shout-out to @Jill NYC for the tip on my favorite loading tool (from the Nomad thread a long time ago).

Shit Snacks

Speaking of loading tools, I really like the Rogue Wax Works' for my BCG, he has two different shaped large steel scoops that are non-magnetic (though the tamp on the other end is) also he has his OGB plastic scoop and tamp that even fits inside the BCG :tup:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Speaking of loading tools, I really like the Rogue Wax Works' for my BCG, he has two different shaped large steel scoops that are non-magnetic (though the tamp on the other end is) also he has his OGB plastic scoop and tamp that even fits inside the BCG :tup:
I second the vote of confidence for Rogue Wax Works. I've got a large scoop and tamp of his in green and yellow to match my Pineapple Globes on my Stundenglass, so the Emerald and Gold are to match them both.
So you see, it gets pretty crazy round here.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again

Huh, my regular (not the xl) TRWW scoop is magnetic, I was a little disappointed when I found that out. It feels so great in my hand I still use it, just have to be more intentional with the flight path.

Shit Snacks

Huh, my regular (not the xl) TRWW scoop is magnetic, I was a little disappointed when I found that out. It feels so great in my hand I still use it, just have to be more intentional with the flight path.

Yeah exactly, only the XL are the non-magnetic ones, he had gotten them in stock later on (this and this), I also had the original previously and now I never use it since I got both XL styles, one of them is basically the same style just a little longer and non-magnetic so it's awesome! Acrylic & Wood:
PXL_20211009_220218892.jpgPXL_20211009_220007714.jpg

Sir Wibble

Yeah exactly, only the XL are the non-magnetic ones, he had gotten them in stock later on (this and this), I also had the original previously and now I never use it since I got both XL styles, one of them is basically the same style just a little longer and non-magnetic so it's awesome! Acrylic & Wood:
View attachment 15382View attachment 15383
Wow, thats really bad news for me about the FW7 not shipping to UK but thanks for the heads up. I have been trying Entexchange also but they fly out when they rarely drop.
I will try to find the offer in the FW thread.
Thanks again for your info,wish me luck 👍

Top Bottom