Brilliant Cut Grinder

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Got a regular, no pouches

Damn! Party's over ish :argh::lol:

I actually have a ton of velvet pouches from the Indica vaporizer, all the defective units etc, have to scrounge around and find them and see how many are left...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

BallzMcVinegar

Sucks to hear the pouches are discontinued. When I ordered my coarse plate last year they sent it with a pouch and even a medium pouch for my original plate that I ordered it with a year prior. I thought that was great that they considered what I had already purchased .

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I wrote about my disappointment with the discontinuation of the plate storage bags 5 months ago. The optimists in subsequent posts, were wrong. Not a deal breaker by any means, since I moved to the LARGE, I just use the plate bags from my small BCG, the large ones can SQUEEZE in. If you never received any, well sorry, I’ll admit I never wrote them about it, and I doubt anyone else did either, so that’s that....

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Might only be temporary? Canada has been in a lot of COVID-19 lockdowns. Many provence's are only now reopening and much manufacturing has been non existent the last while, maybe where they get the pouches hasn't reopened yet? And the stock they had is gone? I do wish I got the pouches but at least the grinder is pretty sweet!

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I see things like this all the time, new companies going over an above to make an impression, then the reality of economics and capitalism hit home as the accountants take stock and any cost savings to be made... are made!

Perhaps it is supply shortage in this case, it does happen too. But I don't think this negates the general observation that fancy additions like this cost money and if your product is good enough to get away with toxic landfill bubble bags instead of something your customers actually want to keep and use... well... ;)

I don't mean to be harsh, just observant, pensive, thoughtful :spidey:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I see things like this all the time, new companies going over an above to make an impression, then the reality of economics and capitalism hit home as the accountants take stock and any cost savings to be made... are made!

Perhaps it is supply shortage in this case, it does happen too. But I don't think this negates the general observation that fancy additions like this cost money and if your product is good enough to get away with toxic landfill bubble bags instead of something your customers actually want to keep and use... well... ;)

I don't mean to be harsh, just observant, pensive, thoughtful :spidey:

Nothing harsh about it at all, seems to be the common trend in business anyway.

It's just that the end user, especially a repeat customer, notices this type of stuff. If I had never bought the OG size, I wouldn't have expected storage bags and would have just been cool with the bubble wrap. How would I have known any better?

Goes for everybody though. Take some stuff away but keep the price the same or increase. Pretty sure you'll find similar complaints across the board from any type of "enthusiast" group...vapes, cars, motorcycles, camping/hiking/outdoor equipment, RC cars and planes, take your pick

Kupoace

Mid Schwagger: The Last Rock'n'Rollah
Every time I decide to order, the website locks me out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Already have my color scheme decided on and an account.
Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:

Slartibarfast

Wow! I am stoked to say that just now, today, I have received confirmation that my large BCG is completed and being shipped now. Ordered on 20 May, completed 14 July. It is in the cold dark of Winter where I am so this is a beacon of light knowing that it is on it's way to me! Great stuff. I am so pleased to be getting one of Grinders for Life beautiful units! :rockon::tup::clap::)

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Wow! I am stoked to say that just now, today, I have received confirmation that my large BCG is completed and being shipped now. Ordered on 20 May, completed 14 July. It is in the cold dark of Winter where I am so this is a beacon of light knowing that it is on it's way to me! Great stuff. I am so pleased to be getting one of Grinders for Life beautiful units! :rockon::tup::clap::)
Please don’t forget to post a picture of your grinder when it arrives :nod: what colour?

Slartibarfast

Please don’t forget to post a picture of your grinder when it arrives :nod: what colour?
Well, I haven't been as colourful and bold as most. Initially I liked the plain silver appearance for reminding me of something amazingly machined from 100 years ago, and I thought if it got any chipping that being silver it wouldn't show.

For colours I first was taken with the black top/bottom and orange middle, but I was put off by the comments that the colours were a bit different from the pictures, so I decided I didn't want to risk it. And then last week I saw a pic someone posted of a sapphire base and double purple middle/top which I thought in picture that combo looked pretty striking, I did think about requesting a change to that but the uncertainty held me back so I stuck with my initial order choice which was, Large BCG with medium plate,in Silver/Sliver with Sapphire base, so I still get some colour on the base!

colonelcumbusto

Anyone ordered a BCG lately? I know during peak covid there were long delays (mine was roughly 9 weeks) but I wonder now if things are a bit chiller delivered to the US and they just haven't updated their site.

colonelcumbusto,

elykpeace

exVASted
chiming in!

customer number one. literally. i got the first order in when they first dropped. its an onyx and i slowly got all three plates and still prefer the medium plate. it has NEVER been cleaned just a dry brush if i have really kiefy (spelling) flower and its caked on the catch but that isn't an inconvenience compared to how much time and frustration into opening the grinder. did grinders for life BCG become @stonaGrinders ? anywho need to get the large version eventually but haven't ever regretted this purchase one bit i still have a scs 2 piece i keep in the attic in case my bcg get lost or stolen ? haha

colonelcumbusto

chiming in!

customer number one. literally. i got the first order in when they first dropped. its an onyx and i slowly got all three plates and still prefer the medium plate. it has NEVER been cleaned just a dry brush if i have really kiefy (spelling) flower and its caked on the catch but that isn't an inconvenience compared to how much time and frustration into opening the grinder. did grinders for life BCG become @stonaGrinders ? anywho need to get the large version eventually but haven't ever regretted this purchase one bit i still have a scs 2 piece i keep in the attic in case my bcg get lost or stolen ? haha
um

colonelcumbusto,

Michel

I’m finally ready for a new grinder. The roughly 10 year old sharpstone isn’t really sharp at all anymore.

Now I’m asking myself constantly if I should go for the larger version. I like the idea of more storage room since the magnet in the middle is obviously reducing the chamber size but I fear the bigger version is somehow clumsy.
Is there anybody owning both versions and is still preferring the small BCG and why? Anybody bought the larger BCG and wished they went for the smaller one instead?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I’m finally ready for a new grinder. The roughly 10 year old sharpstone isn’t really sharp at all anymore.

Now I’m asking myself constantly if I should go for the larger version. I like the idea of more storage room since the magnet in the middle is obviously reducing the chamber size but I fear the bigger version is somehow clumsy.
Is there anybody owning both versions and is still preferring the small BCG and why? Anybody bought the larger BCG and wished they went for the smaller one instead?

They each have their own place, I have two regular and one large, I mix it up and use them all, it really depends on your needs, size and price wise... I don't really think you can go wrong either way!

Top Bottom