Brilliant Cut Grinder

the ob

all good in the hood.
I managed to get a used medium sized in the color combo I wanted ( sapphire top and bottom / light blue middle) from someone on Reddit. It ships Monday and I should have it by mid week.

wanted a large, but considering it was actually a color I wanted, I can deal. :)

Now I just need to find a fine plate and this should tide me over till the large SS comes out!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oops, sorry I meant should we wait for that stainless steel one you guys are all talking about? I have used many grinders before but I just have a typical chromium crusher with pollen catcher atm. Wait so you have both?

Oh well, steel is a personal thing, it will be more expensive and an even longer wait as opposed to if you were to order now aluminum, so up to you if you feel that it's worth it I guess? And yeah the size of it is supposedly going to be right in the middle at 2.5 inches...

Yes I have two regular size BCG, one in aquamarine with fine plate that is almost 2 years old now and due for its first cleaning... And one in a light amethyst with medium plate that will be a year in July... Then I just got the large BCG in hematite with amber medium plate a few weeks ago (actually arrived on 420 after I bought my first two during that sale, thanks to their February sale)

Whatever you get will be much better than the chromium crusher, again my favorite feature of the BCG is the side teeth in the lid that prevent it from ever locking up on you regardless of cleaning or grinding upside down or however dense and sticky the nugs are... Then the aluminum is super high grade, plus gorgeous colors and design, along with the lack of threading with all magnets! Also I hate filtering out kief because I would rather have it remain part of what I just grinded, like why would I want to weaken my bowls for future mixed powder bowls... Fah!

So to sum up, whichever BCG you get, it will be a big evolution compared to what you are coming from, so just need to decide which one fits your needs the best! Or just plan to get several, I mean I didn't plan on it, but it became BAS (BCG acquisition syndrome!)

Dang it's that large! Haha, I was thinking it's only a little bit more but it seems like it would be huge. Would save time grinding though, does it seal well so the material won't dry out if you leave it ground?

I was concerned it would be too large as well, my hands are not that big but not that small, and it is super comfortable for me to palm... Yes it is nice to be able to grind more, or even the same amount, having the extra space does make it seem to turn a bit smoother for me even with a pretty full load (I always load carefully though, small nugs between the teeth in the midsection, removing stems as I go, personal ocd) and yeah it can grind pretty quick as well depending on the plate and herbs!

And yeah I never have a problem with herbs getting too dry sitting in there, I typically don't have stuff sitting in there too long as I do a lot of fresh grinding as well, but a few days is no problem, the magnets are a pretty good seal, though of course not truly airtight like a proper container, you know? But certainly as good as any other grinder with threading imo

I managed to get a used medium sized in the color combo I wanted ( sapphire top and bottom / light blue middle) from someone on Reddit. It ships Monday and I should have it by mid week.

wanted a large, but considering it was actually a color I wanted, I can deal. :)

Now I just need to find a fine plate and this should tide me over till the large SS comes out!

Oh that is awesome dude! I saw your post looking for the fine plate today and was confused because I saw your post looking for the large BCG the day before lol Glad to hear you were able to score that sweet blue color combo, hopefully the fine plate you find is in silver then!! :D:cool:

the ob

all good in the hood.
Oh well, steel is a personal thing, it will be more expensive and an even longer wait as opposed to if you were to order now aluminum, so up to you if you feel that it's worth it I guess? And yeah the size of it is supposedly going to be right in the middle at 2.5 inches...

Yes I have two regular size BCG, one in aquamarine with fine plate that is almost 2 years old now and due for its first cleaning... And one in a light amethyst with medium plate that will be a year in July... Then I just got the large BCG in hematite with amber medium plate a few weeks ago (actually arrived on 420 after I bought my first two during that sale, thanks to their February sale)

Whatever you get will be much better than the chromium crusher, again my favorite feature of the BCG is the side teeth in the lid that prevent it from ever locking up on you regardless of cleaning or grinding upside down or however dense and sticky the nugs are... Then the aluminum is super high grade, plus gorgeous colors and design, along with the lack of threading with all magnets! Also I hate filtering out kief because I would rather have it remain part of what I just grinded, like why would I want to weaken my bowls for future mixed powder bowls... Fah!

So to sum up, whichever BCG you get, it will be a big evolution compared to what you are coming from, so just need to decide which one fits your needs the best! Or just plan to get several, I mean I didn't plan on it, but it became BAS (BCG acquisition syndrome!)

I was concerned it would be too large as well, my hands are not that big but not that small, and it is super comfortable for me to palm... Yes it is nice to be able to grind more, or even the same amount, having the extra space does make it seem to turn a bit smoother for me even with a pretty full load (I always load carefully though, small nugs between the teeth in the midsection, removing stems as I go, personal ocd) and yeah it can grind pretty quick as well depending on the plate and herbs!

And yeah I never have a problem with herbs getting too dry sitting in there, I typically don't have stuff sitting in there too long as I do a lot of fresh grinding as well, but a few days is no problem, the magnets are a pretty good seal, though of course not truly airtight like a proper container, you know? But certainly as good as any other grinder with threading imo

Oh that is awesome dude! I saw your post looking for the fine plate today and was confused because I saw your post looking for the large BCG the day before lol Glad to hear you were able to score that sweet blue color combo, hopefully the fine plate you find is in silver then!! :D:cool:
Thanks! I got lucky for sure.

That is literally what I’m hoping for (silver)., But honestly since I got lucky, I figure lightening probably won’t strike twice. Should ship Monday.

Now just have to wait for the SS like everyone else :) and the large size. :)

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Congratulations on your short cut cheater ;) I'm 3 weeks into my climb of mount BCG. Every ridge I ascend I see another 10 reach up into the sky! I haven't even reached the half way point yet............. my feet are cold, sore..... carrying all this stuff......... moral is at a all time low, my Sherpa is dead 💀 I ate him , he was to chatty and chewy but now I have got to carry everything......... every time I look up it's just endless rock leading up to cloud! Will I ever reach the summit? Only 4 more weeks to go.......... shit-toky mushrooms 🍄

purepotstill

Don't have a BCG yet (but I'll probably pull the trigger for the SS), but a Herb Ripper XL which is 2.5". While I feared it would be too big, I feel it's just the perfect size now I have it, but a couple of... (metric system user error) whatever you name it more (like the 2.7" XL BCG) wouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

vapingtortoise

Tortoise
Just want to confirm, the concern for aluminum is (1)that it shreds tiny bit into the flower and is causing us low levels of metal poisonings right?
Or
(2) that it shreds tiny bits that we might inhale that destroys our lungs?
Or
(3) is it that aluminum can corrode?

I've always strongly assumed #1 the most but #2 and #3 are closer runner-ups, lol

Shit Snacks

Fresh Herbs in the still fresh large BCG:

PXL-20210509-220407416.jpg

(with flash)
PXL-20210509-220427530.jpg

(without flash)

PXL-20210509-233029713.jpg

^my ocd loading, this and my post grind ritual are how I'll go two years without cleaning lol Got most of the stems here...

PXL-20210510-001301796.jpg

^ground upside down quite a bit, but the grind consistency is always so dependent on the herbs themselves! These aren't that dense, moist enough in spots, but a little later with larger style bud structure...

Anyway just another little usage update from me, it is crazy how orange the amber looks in photos, it can look that way sometimes in lighting in person, but yeah it really is so much more copper to me... Still sort of wishing I had gotten sapphire or at least ruby instead if not the standard amethyst! So yeah likely I get another even with the steel eventually, unless someone can save me by sending those color plates lol

the ob

all good in the hood.
Fresh Herbs in the still fresh large BCG:

PXL-20210509-220407416.jpg

(with flash)
PXL-20210509-220427530.jpg

(without flash)

PXL-20210509-233029713.jpg

^my ocd loading, this and my post grind ritual are how I'll go two years without cleaning lol Got most of the stems here...

PXL-20210510-001301796.jpg

^ground upside down quite a bit, but the grind consistency is always so dependent on the herbs themselves! These aren't that dense, moist enough in spots, but a little later with larger style bud structure...

Anyway just another little usage update from me, it is crazy how orange the amber looks in photos, it can look that way sometimes in lighting in person, but yeah it really is so much more copper to me... Still sort of wishing I had gotten sapphire or at least ruby instead if not the standard amethyst! So yeah likely I get another even with the steel eventually, unless someone can save me by sending those color plates lol
The way you loaded it is amazing. I’d do the same.
I need a big one. That’s all :)

Bad Dog

Every one seems a little down on the orange 🍊 and I wonder if I will like it either? The preview tool makes it look bright orange but reports say more burnt orange,copper? Wondering how that will look with my emerald top and bottom? Should I try and change it to something else and risk further delays?

Shit Snacks

Every one seems a little down on the orange 🍊 and I wonder if I will like it either? The preview tool makes it look bright orange but reports say more burnt orange,copper? Wondering how that will look with my emerald top and bottom? Should I try and change it to something else and risk further delays?

You're early enough into your wait that I don't think it would cause any further delay to you, and honestly if your order is emerald top and bottom with amber middle, I think it would look decent more green and copper (I don't really think orange and green goes so well together personally?) Because yeah in person the amber is a bit more orange hued metal which is what makes it feel more copper, though even in person sometimes the lighting has it looking a little more orange, really it doesn't feel like orange orange the way the out of the colors feel, like the greens the blues the reds... So if I were you, and you are just getting green with one plate in a different color, I would go with silver or hematite or maybe aquamarine? amethyst looks good with it as does sapphire, and even though it's my least favorite color, gold would be a good match probably too? Onyx goes with everything

Bad Dog

Already got a hematite and amethyst plates amber was supposed to be the third ........ Maybe onyx........ To the preview tool LoL

webtroter

does it seal well so the material won't dry out if you leave it ground?
Reporting back.
So yesterday before going to bed, I ground (and vaped) some very humid herb in my BCG. Left what was left (a lot) in the BCG, and checked on it this morning (~12 hours later). The herb was definitively drier, but I could feel to humid spot still. So I wouldn't say it's hermetic, but it does seem to somewhat seal and protect from too much dry air. I think an actual hermetic container would be a better option.

As for the colors :

So I got the Onyx grinder with 1 amber plate, one hematite and one onyx. I didn't think the Onyx was that black, but it is. Very black. If I had to order again, I would take hematite instead, since I was looking for gray and not black.

For the amber color, I am very pleased by it. Yes, it is very orange, but I like that.

As for my two other plates, I regret the color choice. I should have been bolder with my choice.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Still might take the risk on the orange? Maybe it's more fancy gourd then pumpkin? Could be okay with the emerald? Was thinking about a emerald plate so I have a all one color BCG? Decisions decisions #firstworldproblems

Shit Snacks

Still might take the risk on the orange? Maybe it's more fancy gourd then pumpkin? Could be okay with the emerald? Was thinking about a emerald plate so I have a all one color BCG? Decisions decisions #firstworldproblems

Haha yeah, as I said I don't think green and orange go well together, I'm not a big fan of green in general though maybe? I do think the emerald would look good with the amber being more copper as it appears mostly to me in person... However I actually really support getting one completely emerald, I started with completely aquamarine and then I went with completely amethyst and I do not regret those decisions! At the same time I am glad that when I got hematite, for my large, I went with a different color medium plate, for a pop of color, I just wish I had gotten sapphire or ruby instead for more of a bold color since the hematite itself is already more natural neutral... I know you've got the other two plates as well for some variety, but these are always such tough decisions! Largely why I have so many lol

Shit Snacks,
  • Haha
Reactions: Bad Dog

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
My order was placed on 2/28, got the complete set in large in onyx with fine grind silver, medium grind hematite, and coarse grind onyx. It delivered today (I’ve gotten really good at patiently waiting for vape stuff to deliver since November or so). First off, now I get it, the hype, the cost, the demand, the wait. Right out the box all of my initial reservations were eliminated about whether the build quality justified all of the noise surrounding the BCG. I’m sure my first use will be an excellent experience. The large is the perfect size for my hands. I’m sure I will be ordering a second one very soon, and passing my current grinders on to the less fortunate that will appreciate them. Thanks all for the guidance and info given here about the BCG.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
My order was placed on 2/28, got the complete set in large in onyx with fine grind silver, medium grind hematite, and coarse grind onyx. It delivered today (I’ve gotten really good at patiently waiting for vape stuff to deliver since November or so). First off, now I get it, the hype, the cost, the demand, the wait. Right out the box all of my initial reservations were eliminated about whether the build quality justified all of the noise surrounding the BCG. I’m sure my first use will be an excellent experience. The large is the perfect size for my hands. I’m sure I will be ordering a second one very soon, and passing my current grinders on to the less fortunate that will appreciate them. Thanks all for the guidance and info given here about the BCG.

Congratulations, a new member of THREE PLATE CLUB!

Shit Snacks

Wasn’t sure I needed all three, then realized that when I order 1 or 2 more grinders, I will only need to get base kits. Would love to keep 3 set up with a different grinder plate at all times. I know, I have a problem.

Don't worry, you are in a good company!
I think it may be possible, to order just the tops and bottoms, if you contact them and request an invoice... Not an option on site.

Rahrah12

I was doing fine not thinking about the BCG I ordered...being 2 to 3 weeks into my wait I’m n it close...then I decided to check out this message board and top of my most recents is this post about them...damn y’all...:lol:

Top Bottom