Brilliant Cut Grinder

Zoltani

Yeah, already knew that. They're called "Mason Jars" and you keep them in a dark cupboard.

Drifting even more off topic here.....product that is curing goes in swing top mason jars, product in current use goes in the satchmo 5gs at a time. I don't wanna be opening my mason jars several times a day, product would become brittle fast. Besides that, Jyarz are way better to carry on outdoor adventures, the classic is prefect for that.

Something on topic to make up for the drift....
I have had my BCG for about a year now. The teeth got quite gunked up after about 6 months use, but the grinder was still as smooth as butter. I gave it a quick iso soak and it looked good as new. My old cheap grinder was near impossible to use after the teeth got gunked up. I was pretty skeptical about this grinder and the high price tag, but so far I am impressed.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
PXL-20210311-035904895.jpg

@Summer you asked me for this a long time ago, here is my light amethyst swapping with my aquamarine... @almost there too

CurryLeafTreehugger

Can anybody provide a picture of the medium vs the coarse grind, with say a dime in the pic to give an idea of relative size ...

Might help me settle on one size or the other, which would save me $40 for whichever plate I'd be less likely to actually end up using.

CurryLeafTreehugger,

Texus

Can anybody provide a picture of the medium vs the coarse grind, with say a dime in the pic to give an idea of relative size ...

Might help me settle on one size or the other, which would save me $40 for whichever plate I'd be less likely to actually end up using.
In a thread this long I have to imagine there are pics of the grinds if each somewhere.

CurryLeafTreehugger

In a thread this long I have to imagine there are pics of the grinds if each somewhere.

Imagination is a wonderful thing, but this....

... is worth a thousand words.

Thanks, Vizyt91, I do believe you just saved me $40! I'm inclined towards the coarse. It actually looks still a bit more chopped up than the shake I used to get before they started pregrinding it to make marijuana flour, LOL! I used to vape the shake pretty much as is, other than having to break up the occasional microbud.

How do you find them to vape though? I'm using an Underdog log vape (with the new Alpha dog and an SC3+ on the way)

BTW I actually did read the entire thread, several weeks back. There might have been a picture of the grind, though I don't recall such and oddly did not find myself willing to go through 88 pages A SECOND TIME just to double check for such a picture.

CurryLeafTreehugger,

CurryLeafTreehugger

I used boveda packs for a while but found they dried my stash out faster over time.

you have to recharge them from time to time. I've kept a single Boveda pak in use for up to 4 years. I have Lock 'n Lock containers (they have flip down tabs and a silicon seal around the edges, better than the US brands like this). I take silicon bands because they don't break like rubber bands, you can get them in cooking stores, and make an X across the lid with 2 bands, the X holds the Boveda paks against the lid. Then I put some water in the body, clamp the lid on, and wait a few days.

VOILA! Recharged Boveda pak.

DO NOT SOAK THEM, the stuff inside is water soluble and will come out. Just suspend them over tap water, you don't even need distilled because as it evaporates it self-distills. Change the water once in awhile (a very dry pak will take up to a week to rehydrate). Store recharged paks in a dry Lock 'n Lock or mason jar with the ring and the sealing plate as for canning (not the plastic mason jar lids). Use a clamp type lid, not a screw-type lid for recharging as the twisting motion is likely to pull the bands out of place or even snap them.

It becomes really obvious when you should discard them. I can't really describe it, but it is REALLY obvious.

Sorta necroposting, but recharging Boveda paks is the only thing that makes them worth the money. Probably shouldn't do it when you're curing, but for keeping my herb hydrated here in the High Sierra Desert, I've been recharging them for years and in fact without recharging, the last batch of Boveda paks I got from Amazon before I started boycotting them were already drying out and would have had to be discarded according to Boveda, before I ever got to use them.

Its a pet peeve. I've got 2 of the Integra Boost paks that came with some dispensary herb and those seem to recharge ok as well.

@Vizyt91, you forgot the dime. :brow: :lol:
I'll settle for the actual grinder plates for relative size.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
A quicker way of recharging is to put just as much water in the container as the difference in weight of the pack vs. what it used to weigh, that way you won't overcharge too.

Sorry, my English is stoned. Hope it's clear what I mean. :-)

Wish I tried that. I did a sealed container with distilled water for 5 days. Dried out packs on rack above water. 5 days later, packs were SOAKED, too wet. Tossed them, not worth my time as new packs last me a long time in CVaults and glass Cannastors. I’m sure if done properly, it would work.

CurryLeafTreehugger

A quicker way of recharging is to put just as much water in the container as the difference in weight of the pack vs. what it used to weigh, that way you won't overcharge too.

Sorry, my English is stoned. Hope it's clear what I mean. :-)
Well, yeah, but you'd have to know the weight of a fully charged Boveda pak - there are several - and you can't count on getting one that is actually fully charged, witness the last batch I got that had already started crystallizing before they even arrived. They can be undercharged well before that.

However it is really hard to overcharge a Boveda pak. I've managed it ONCE in many years, and that was when I left about half a dozen paks recharging for well over a couple of weeks (I forgot them). There are a multitude of reasons NOT to do this but its the only time I ended up with anything that could be characterized as "overcharged".

Luckily I had just bought some typically overly dry High Sierra Desert dispensary weed and the overcharged paks brought the dusty ghosts fully back to life in just a couple of days rather than the more typical 4 or 5.

The only reason to recharge a Boveda pak this way is if you need to keep your herb hydrated - eg if you live somewhere very humid where you want to REDUCE the humidity of your herb, you wouldn't be recharging a Boveda, you'd be drying it out, say by hanging it in front of an air conditioner vent.

So I submit that even if you do "overcharge" the Boveda paks by a small, non-visible amount during normal recharging (not forgetting it for weeks) - that it is no matter, since your the pak is immediately going to start dumping more moisture right into the air in your container to bring it up to 62% or whatever your pak is rated at, and your herb will be sucking it right out of the air as fast as it can until everyone is happy (at which point you should put a newly charged Boveda pak in because this is highly likely to happen at something UNDER the roughly 62% the Boveda pak started at).

At any rate. It won't stay "overcharged" for long.

Curing is a different issue. We're just talking storing here.

My once concern with the (large size) Brilliant cut grinder is that the bottom "storage" section has a post in the middle. I don't think I can get even the smallest Boveda pak down in there. I'm sort of used to storing small amounts of ground herb in the grinder with a Boveda pak for short periods of time. I mean really, that's not what grinders are even FOR, but if I ever manage to lay hands on one of these, I will have to Learn a New Trick *grumble grumble*

EDIT: I see someone cross posted with an experience of overcharging Boveda paks in a matter of days. All I can say is it has never happened to me, even when I left some charging for several weeks. I mean they were overcharged but not "wet". But - here is desert - maybe that guy lives in Seattle or Hawaii

CurryLeafTreehugger

Did you guys see the chunky coarse grinding plate on BCG's IG story? :drool:

So is this actually available? They were calling it the "chunky coarse" grind. I'm just callin' it the Chunky Monkey.

But no sign of it on the website, and other than a posting comparing coarse to chunky grinds, no further mention of it here either:

@Jill NYC, as you know by now, I :love: a coarse grind; the coarser (short of a nug) it is, the happier I am. And , yes, for me, this coarse grinding plate is so worth it. Right now I'm in the honeymoon stage & only using it. I've had it for 6 weeks already, & the more I use it, the more enamored (/enamoured ;)) I am.

Here's 2 pics of the small amount of the spent AVB that came out of the Flowermate Cap. Pretty in tact, considering I did stir it a tad.

The pics are dark because I was sitting in the car, taking the pics on my lap. :rolleyes: And the 2nd pic is blurry. Next time, I'll get you better AVB pics. ;)

(Without tamping too much, this is how tiny the FC's bowl is, but just the right amount for a 4 mile drive home after work. :leaf:)

I say, that if you would even like a coarser grind than the coarse plate, you gotta spring for this xtra-coarse.

*I don't know if it's correctly extra-coarse, xtra-coarse or x-coarse. :p I guess we'll have to wait for GFL to weigh in.

Cuz if you can get the Chunky plate, I'd go for the 3 plate set in Medium, Coarse, and Chunky, LOL!

CurryLeafTreehugger,
Reactions: Moses Baca

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Wish I tried that. I did a sealed container with distilled water for 5 days. Dried out packs on rack above water. 5 days later, packs were SOAKED, too wet. Tossed them, not worth my time as new packs last me a long time in CVaults and glass Cannastors. I’m sure if done properly, it would work.

I just put a small bowl or cup of distilled water in a ziplock bag and set the boveda pack next to it and leave that in a cabinet for a few days, checking it every day till it's properly recharged. I imagine that if you leave them for too long, then they will absorb too much.

That's why they tell you not to cure your flower with these packs, but to only use them for already cured flower. If there is too much humidity already in the environment for them to absorb, then they will become over-absorbed

fak

The Dude
So is this actually available? They were calling it the "chunky coarse" grind. I'm just callin' it the Chunky Monkey.

But no sign of it on the website, and other than a posting comparing coarse to chunky grinds, no further mention of it here either:

Cuz if you can get the Chunky plate, I'd go for the 3 plate set in Medium, Coarse, and Chunky, LOL!
Now I guess I need an Onyx Chunky XD

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Well, yeah, but you'd have to know the weight of a fully charged Boveda pak - there are several - and you can't count on getting one that is actually fully charged, witness the last batch I got that had already started crystallizing before they even arrived. They can be undercharged well before that.
The weight of a fully charged pack is written on it, for example 67g on a big 62% pack or 4g on a small one, so that's the goal weight.

Sorry for topping off. :-)

I still love my BCG. So much.

CurryLeafTreehugger

I have a whole bunch of Boveda paks with nothing at all written on them such as 4g or an g at all.

Perhaps the ones so marked DO correspond to exact weights, but that would make the 67g size weigh in at 2.4 oz. That seems sort of heavy ... I also had a bunch of the ones marked 8g (over a quarter oz) and it did not seem like they weighed more than the bud I stored them with ...

Now I want someone to weigh them, LOL!

I will say, now that I've thought it over a bit, that getting "wet" when you try to recharge is one of the signs to me that a pak has reached the limits of its lifespan. Here in the desert that only happens after repeated recharges. It also happens faster if a pak is allowed to totally dry out, eg fewer recharges the dryer it gets. If the paks recharge faster in your probably almost certainly less dry than the actual desert environment, just check them sooner, like every day.

The weight of a fully charged pack is written on it, for example 67g on a big 62% pack or 4g on a small one, so that's the goal weight.

Sorry for topping off. :-)

I still love my BCG. So much.

I would love to love a Large Brilliant Cut Grinder, with 3 grinder plates starting at Medium, then Coarse, then GIMME THAT CHUNKY MONKEY! The only thing not happy making at this point is the post in the bottom part that keeps me from dropping a Boveda pak in there LOL! Which is definitely NOT a strike against, just a small disappointment to be ignored in the face of so many advantages.

CurryLeafTreehugger,
Reactions: MoltenTiger

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Perhaps the ones so marked DO correspond to exact weights, but that would make the 67g size weigh in at 2.4 oz.

That's a big pack, they can be used with up to ~500g of herb I think, so they're a tad bigger. The smaller ones („size 4“ & „size 8“) are good for up to ~15g / ~30g.

Siebter,

CurryLeafTreehugger

You know, right now they're apparently selling all the grinders they can turn out, but wouldn't it be cool to start seeing some special promotional sets/colors?

Like a Cinco de Mayo edition in the colors of the Mexican flag - green, red, and white

They'd need a new color- white. Actually not sure why they don't already have that. They could just call it "Quartz" or "Snowy Quartz". Pearl and opal are both opalescents, eg not really white. But something like that.

• 420 edition - green top with a marijuana leaf etched into it
  • Xmas edition - green, red, or gold top with a holly leaf, xmas tree, or holiday candle etched into it. Heck, be truly evil and every November, release a holiday edition top with a different holiday symbol etched into the top. OR release a different section with such a symbol incised/etched on the side, then watch people scramble to match up a whole set, ooooo, ebilebilebil!
  • CANADA DAY Edition - red top and bottom with white middle, maple leaf etched into the top, maybe even golden dancing maple leaves etched into the sides of the white center section, why not?
  • 4th of July Edition - Sorry. We haven't earned this back yet. Wait 5 years and if we haven't turned into a totalitarian racist regime by then, maybe reconsider. LOL!

SquirrelMaster

You know, right now they're apparently selling all the grinders they can turn out, but wouldn't it be cool to start seeing some special promotional sets/colors?

Like a Cinco de Mayo edition in the colors of the Mexican flag - green, red, and white

They'd need a new color- white. Actually not sure why they don't already have that. They could just call it "Quartz" or "Snowy Quartz". Pearl and opal are both opalescents, eg not really white. But something like that.

• 420 edition - green top with a marijuana leaf etched into it
  • Xmas edition - green, red, or gold top with a holly leaf, xmas tree, or holiday candle etched into it. Heck, be truly evil and every November, release a holiday edition top with a different holiday symbol etched into the top. OR release a different section with such a symbol incised/etched on the side, then watch people scramble to match up a whole set, ooooo, ebilebilebil!
  • CANADA DAY Edition - red top and bottom with white middle, maple leaf etched into the top, maybe even golden dancing maple leaves etched into the sides of the white center section, why not?
  • 4th of July Edition - Sorry. We haven't earned this back yet. Wait 5 years and if we haven't turned into a totalitarian racist regime by then, maybe reconsider. LOL!

I've been thinking of grinders that match flags for a while now, but adding something extra like an engraving to set them even further apart sounds like a great idea! White is definitely the missing color though for a lot of flags and I'm sure it would be popular anyways. Anything weed related with a leaf engraved is a win in my book.

CurryLeafTreehugger

Now I really want a Buzz Lightyear grinder - TO INFINITY ... AND BEYOND!

Like Disney would ever allow that, LOL!

Or how about colors to match those iconic lunchboxes of yesteryear - practically prehistoric for most of you. Like this:

8c74c04a847668111eea2404dd3fc913.jpg

CurryLeafTreehugger,
Reactions: Shrike
Top Bottom