• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Brilliant Cut Grinder

thunderstealer1337

man entexchagne had a bcq with all 3 plates for $80 today

that place is a love/hate relationship, i love the items for sale and hate how fast they sell - im always bitter because I view the posts after work and all the good stuff is literally sold out within mins of posting

MonkeyTime

Your assessment of the grinds match up exactly with my experience. I bought all 3 plates, just to have a complete set. But have yet to find a use for the coarse plate, not sure what device I may have that it would be appropriate for. And as you stated, the strain can be a factor. I’m struggling here with HIGH humidity, more then my 62% bovida - CVault stored bud. Can’t get it DRY enough.....

Yep, that makes three on the grind. I consider the fine a nice fine version of medium.

I also feel your pain on the RH. I'm ready to find some sub 50% packs to help bring down anything that's been opened.

Even though it can be harder to grind I actually tend to prefer more moist bud for the flavors personally... I think the course plate could be useful in vapes where you might use a whole nug or handbrake, like Firefly or sticky bricks? Maybe vapbong

I do like the course for my SB Maxx, and my future Vapbong, or so I'm expecting once I order it!

MikeRotchHertz

man entexchagne had a bcq with all 3 plates for $80 today

that place is a love/hate relationship, i love the items for sale and hate how fast they sell - im always bitter because I view the posts after work and all the good stuff is literally sold out within mins of posting

I'm sorry, that was me. I have no business checking it as often as I have lately but there's been some good shit coming through.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
In Troys “LIFT GRINDER” review today, he mentions the BCG.

RustyOldNail,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I was forced to fully clean my BCG for the second time in 15 months of daily use because it developed the 'clunky' feeling Troy talks about in the Lift review above. What's strange is that even with a magnifying glass I could not see what was causing the top to feel that way and spot cleaning the center area and around the outside edge didn't fix it - took a hot water bath, toothbrush and ISO wipe to get back to stock performance.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I begged GFL for an even coarser grinding plate. So 5 weeks ago, I rec'd this xtra-coarse plate. I love it! It's noticeably coarser than the coarse plate. Although I can use a medium grind, I prefer a coarse grind in all my vapes; as coarse as I can get without it being considered a nug. I prefer my herb moist & fluffy. I fill my bowls full, but only lightly tamp so I get good airflow throughout the herb. IMO, I do think that the xtra-coarse plate is a worthwhile upgrade for those of you who like coarse grinds.

My pictures are wanting, but I hope you can appreciate the difference in hole size; just swipe to enlarge pics. (Didn't even clean the coarse plate cause then I'd never get around to posting. :rolleyes: ) I will post pics shortly of the coarse vs the x-coarse grind.

20200820_154000(1).jpg
20200820_154030(1).jpg
20200820_160053(1).jpg

Last edited:

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
I only have the medium plate but no complaints for VapCap with it

After seeing how the trichs/pixie dust settles all over the grinder and builds up over time, I am wondering if I might just want to stop grinding all together :) seems like material gets lost being bound to the grinder. With a VapCap you can just cut whole nugs on the edges of the tip - but then material will get bound to your fingers instead of a grinder... ahh, can't have it all! :D

great grinder, I can easily find things to nit pick about more expensive products, but none with it.

ps I think the coarse plate is more for joints/pipes than vaporizers, which is why so many of you here say you don't see a need for it

3dfx-glide,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Summer

Long Island, NY
After seeing how the trichs/pixie dust settles all over the grinder and builds up over time, I am wondering if I might just want to stop grinding all together :)seems like material gets lost being bound to the grinder.

There's always going to be material lost if only a tad. Hey, you can't get every morsel of meat off a rare steak bone. ;)

ps I think the coarse plate is more for joints/pipes than vaporizers, which is why so many of you here say you don't see a need for it

True about joints for even burning & a comfortable draw. Most vapers go for voluminous vapor which you get with finer grinds. With coarse grinds, I get just the right amount of (noticeable) vapor for my lungs &, imo, more flavor.

Zoltani

Is there a reliable way to harvest kief from the teeth? I finally brushed mine a couple of days ago and saw so many trichs flying. Was thinking an iso soak then evaporate ala iso hash?

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Is there a reliable way to harvest kief from the teeth? I finally brushed mine a couple of days ago and saw so many trichs flying. Was thinking an iso soak then evaporate ala iso hash?
Alcohol extracts really lack flavour and the amount you get won't be worth it ....it takes days to get rid of all the alcohol.

I'd also like a bigger grinder- but not a much bigger price.

Haze Mister,
Reactions: Helios

thunderstealer1337

Curious why everyone tries and goes to great lengths to reuse leftovers, its like if you can afford a bcq then just buy a $20-30 gram of kief, same thing with stem milk and weird soaking in iso and drying out for reclaim.

To me all of this reuse scenarios is like something we did in H/S as a last resort when your out of your supply - you go rip apart roaches and smoke a roach blunt, or scrape a bowl of resin and smoke that.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Curious why everyone tries and goes to great lengths to reuse leftovers, its like if you can afford a bcq then just buy a $20-30 gram of kief, same thing with stem milk and weird soaking in iso and drying out for reclaim.

To me all of this reuse scenarios is like something we did in H/S as a last resort when your out of your supply - you go rip apart roaches and smoke a roach blunt, or scrape a bowl of resin and smoke that.
I am assuming you are assuming all people have access to all (any) forms of cannabis.

thunderstealer1337

I am assuming you are assuming all people have access to all (any) forms of cannabis.

I am assuming if you can purchase the top shelf grinder (bcg), you should have a 2nd grinder already that if you really want to capture kief, your not gonna use the bcg and use the one that has a built in kief catcher? Its not the method or the residuals, im talking about all the effort to do it.

Jethro

The only thing I do is save my vape duff and make a butter and then make caramels with it because they are really yummy. But I never have any issue with having flower, I haven't gone dry with my supply for like 20 years. I just do it because caramels are good.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

I personally can't go buy a 20-30 gram of kief without going through some pretty major inconveniences. Even for those who can, maybe it's just something fun to do?

I haven't attempted any reuse methods at all, but I get why its interesting to some people. Plus you have the efficiency side of things, you're getting using the same product twice basically. Sure it takes a little effort, but maybe some people enjoy it.

I've been saving my avb to make into edibles or oil or something, havent decided. The nice thing is I know I wont have to buy an ounce of flower just to simply decarb and use for edibles. It may take me some time to save up an equal amount of AVB but who cares... I have plenty of it now to make whatever I want I just havent gotten around to it. I'll get to it when I get to it.

Also, maybe I'm wrong but IMO stem milk/reclaim tincture type stuff is completely different than smoking roaches and bowl resin...that, I don't get at all 🤮

Summer

Long Island, NY
Here are several pics showing the coarse & extra coarse grinds. My pics are wanting cause I couldn't get the lighting I wanted. Just enlarge the pics & hopefully you can see the grind difference. As I like moist herb, it's straight from a jar with a 62% boveda pack. Needless to say(?), the xtra-coarse is on the right.

Last edited:

Zoltani

Yeah, in general I do not try and save or reuse, just lazy. For years I didn't save my AVB, but started to when covid happened.

I may start trying to make bubble hash, and perhaps i can find a way to clean the grinder while processing the bubble hash. IDK if possible.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Jill NYC, as you know by now, I :love: a coarse grind; the coarser (short of a nug) it is, the happier I am. And , yes, for me, this coarse grinding plate is so worth it. Right now I'm in the honeymoon stage & only using it. I've had it for 6 weeks already, & the more I use it, the more enamored (/enamoured ;)) I am.

Here's 2 pics of the small amount of the spent AVB that came out of the Flowermate Cap. Pretty in tact, considering I did stir it a tad.

The pics are dark because I was sitting in the car, taking the pics on my lap. :rolleyes: And the 2nd pic is blurry. Next time, I'll get you better AVB pics. ;)

(Without tamping too much, this is how tiny the FC's bowl is, but just the right amount for a 4 mile drive home after work. :leaf:)

I say, that if you would even like a coarser grind than the coarse plate, you gotta spring for this xtra-coarse.

*I don't know if it's correctly extra-coarse, xtra-coarse or x-coarse. :p I guess we'll have to wait for GFL to weigh in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom