Brilliant Cut Grinder

flammy

The magnets are not likely to lose their strength any time soon, but as Verax mentioned, it's really just a matter of technique. After a bit of experimentation and practice, you should be able to separate the pieces smoothly with little effort. Here's how I take mine apart (was a bit more awkward than normal since I was reaching around the camera):

This grinder is just ridiculously awesome. I've gone thru countless grinders and none of them put out such a consistent Grind. I really like the fine plate; the grind feels like a medium to the GR8TR's fine, which I found to be just a wee bit too fine, so this is perfect for me. And unlike the GR8TR's fine plate, the holes in the BCG's fine plate don't constantly get clogged.

I can't put the dang thing down; I keep fiddling with it and admiring it. It's like a functional piece of art!

The BCG crushes the GR8TR...glad you're liking yours. With regards to opening the BCG, treat it like a clam shell ring box and that should help in opening it without spillage. It's definitely a two-handed operation.

MoltenTiger

The BCG crushes the GR8TR...glad you're liking yours. With regards to opening the BCG, treat it like a clam shell ring box and that should help in opening it without spillage. It's definitely a two-handed operation.
the technique for the one-handed open, for me, goes like this;
grip the mid-plate with thumb, index and ring finger, then pry the mid-plate off with those fingers whilst pushing the chamber section by extending the middle finger. The magnets have to be moved out of alignment otherwise the chamber jumps back up and reconnects.
It definitely takes a bit of practice and a some strength. But I definitely use it one-handed quite a bit. The trick is moving the magnets out of alignment, pry it up and shift it, then it's apart.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I finally made a video for the Brilliant Cut

I wanted to REALLLLLLLY make sure that my Santa Cruz Shredder didn't make a comeback on the feelings.

I'm calling it though. The Brilliant Cut is the best grinder to hit the market.
Great job team!

I watched this video earlier and really enjoyed it. I was surprised at how highly you rated the Shredder though. I have one and it’s gotten so gunned up so quickly that it’s difficult to turn now. I’ll be getting a BCG at some point.

ohmygodimsohigh

I watched this video earlier and really enjoyed it. I was surprised at how highly you rated the Shredder though. I have one and it’s gotten so gunned up so quickly that it’s difficult to turn now. I’ll be getting a BCG at some point.

What's the finish on your SCS?

I noticed the matte finish SUCKS and gets sticky and gross almost immediately.
My two mediums are glossy and don't have issues.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’

Glossy. It’s a shame.

Edit: I went to go buy a BCG and it looks like shipping is $10-$20 with a 3-4 week wait. I can understand the wait, but for a $75 grinder I would expect to pay less or nothing on shipping.

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Monk Debate it’s cos they’re made in BC and the Canadian mail system is f-ing expensive period. It’s not cheap within the provinces and definitely gonna be a bit for international mail. Pretty much anything I’ve ordered from Canada, shipped either to US or EU, has made me gulp. But if I really want the thing, here’s what I do:

I click “pay” and then try like hell to forget about it :p

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
@Monk Debate it’s cos they’re made in BC and the Canadian mail system is f-ing expensive period. It’s not cheap within the provinces and definitely gonna be a bit for international mail. Pretty much anything I’ve ordered from Canada, shipped either to US or EU, has made me gulp. But if I really want the thing, here’s what I do:

I click “pay” and then try like hell to forget about it :p

Right, well, there it is. Went with sky blue top, gold plate, emerald bottom, with the small packet air shipping option. I didn’t expect to like a tri-color but that combo looked very nice on the preview tool and I wanted different colors for the top and bottom because I’d read some comments about people sometimes getting the lid confused with the well when the colors were the same.

elykpeace

exVASted
Right, well, there it is. Went with sky blue top, gold plate, emerald bottom, with the small packet air shipping option. I didn’t expect to like a tri-color but that combo looked very nice on the preview tool and I wanted different colors for the top and bottom because I’d read some comments about people sometimes getting the lid confused with the well when the colors were the same.

No confusion after using it a couple times one side it clearly bigger

Baron23

I just got mine today as well. Initial impressions are :tup:.

IMG-1302.jpg

IMG-1303.jpg

IMG-1299.jpg

I chose the color scheme to match my Joda custom UD stem and garage art. :cool:

:peace:
Very nice color combos. I really like the fine plate in my BCG. Its just a nice fluffy fine grind that I find perfect.

Enjoy it!!

Baron23

I finally made a video for the Brilliant Cut

I wanted to REALLLLLLLY make sure that my Santa Cruz Shredder didn't make a comeback on the feelings.

I'm calling it though. The Brilliant Cut is the best grinder to hit the market.
Great job team!

Hi Troy - hahaha....I used to see threads about grinders and just roll my eyes. Now...well, I just watched a 24 minute vid on grinders! haha

I enjoyed it and I also love my BCG. My only desire is for an XL version with more freeboard on the top with which to grip it. I noticed the Phoenician has some sort of facets and projections to improve grip. While that kind of feature may well screw up the BCG's aesthetics, when fully loaded it is a bit tough for my old hands to grip hard enough.

Let's talk plates. You like the medium. I think its @Summer who loves the coarse. Me, I love the fine grind and use it for everything except joints (yes, I do occasionally smoke a joint haha). The subject has often come up about grinders, and in particular fine grinders, mashing and shredding your trichomes. So, I thought I would take some pics using my cheapo but very good USB microscope and I was very surprised at how intact the trichomes were after using the BCG with the fine plate.

These are pics of some great LA Chocolate, stored at 62%, ground with the BCG fine plate.

Ground-w-BCG-1.jpg

Ground-w-BCG-2.jpg

I found this to be very reassuring and while you can see some impact, they are a little mangled, it does not appear to me that anything was destroyed at all. Heads still on stalks, etc.

Wrt to the knockoff Space Case...I don't own a Space Case...well, I have a bunch of their little storage containers.....but I do note that when I look at DHGate, most of those grinders say that they are made of a Zinc alloy. Maybe one step up from pot metal. The Space Case one doesn't say what the material is at all...just metal. I feel certain that if it was high quality AL that they would toot their horn about that. So, perhaps that's one big diff between OG and DHGate versions???

In closing, I really do very much enjoy your reviews and vids and the personality you bring to them. I look forward to seeing more and The Modern Cannabist when you get it off the ground.

Cheers

started@52

Hi Troy - hahaha....I used to see threads about grinders and just roll my eyes. Now...well, I just watched a 24 minute vid on grinders! haha

I enjoyed it and I also love my BCG. My only desire is for an XL version with more freeboard on the top with which to grip it. I noticed the Phoenician has some sort of facets and projections to improve grip. While that kind of feature may well screw up the BCG's aesthetics, when fully loaded it is a bit tough for my old hands to grip hard enough.

Let's talk plates. You like the medium. I think its @Summer who loves the coarse. Me, I love the fine grind and use it for everything except joints (yes, I do occasionally smoke a joint haha). The subject has often come up about grinders, and in particular fine grinders, mashing and shredding your trichomes. So, I thought I would take some pics using my cheapo but very good USB microscope and I was very surprised at how intact the trichomes were after using the BCG with the fine plate.

These are pics of some great LA Chocolate, stored at 62%, ground with the BCG fine plate.

Ground-w-BCG-1.jpg

Ground-w-BCG-2.jpg

I found this to be very reassuring and while you can see some impact, they are a little mangled, it does not appear to me that anything was destroyed at all. Heads still on stalks, etc.

Wrt to the knockoff Space Case...I don't own a Space Case...well, I have a bunch of their little storage containers.....but I do note that when I look at DHGate, most of those grinders say that they are made of a Zinc alloy. Maybe one step up from pot metal. The Space Case one doesn't say what the material is at all...just metal. I feel certain that if it was high quality AL that they would toot their horn about that. So, perhaps that's one big diff between OG and DHGate versions???

In closing, I really do very much enjoy your reviews and vids and the personality you bring to them. I look forward to seeing more and The Modern Cannabist when you get it off the ground.

Cheers
Great pics and glad to know as I too prefer the BCG fine plate for the FP. The coarse plate is great for the FF2 but I know how you feel about those, lol. I have one of those microscopes somewhere, if I find it I’ll have to look at my bud and grind for fun.

ohmygodimsohigh

Ground-w-BCG-1.jpg

Ground-w-BCG-2.jpg

Cheers

LOVE that shot Baron!! Thanks for watching all 24 minutes.
When i sat down to shoot that video I thought it would take less than 20 minutes to shoot and the final result would be less than 8 minutes.

I didn't mean to hate on the fine grind plate. I have noticed that some types of nugs grind much better in fine than others. Same with coarse too.

I need to get myself one of those little microscope cameras!

Baron23

I have noticed that some types of nugs grind much better in fine than others. Same with coarse too.

Absolutely. Now, a strain I get may well be different that what you get with the same name, but for some reason, Blue Dream seems to just turn to dust as soon as it sees a grinder! haha I have used my NV coarse on it, otherwise its just dust.

And I didn't think you hated on the fine grind....seems most people just have a personal preference for their grind, is all.

Oh......this is what I got is like this and there are a bunch with different brand names...just white labels of the same Chinese made item, I think. Looks like the prices have gone up a little. Probably can find this on DHGate too.

https://www.amazon.com/CISNO-Micros...C1TP5V69ZCS&psc=1&refRID=AS9WJ2C0VC1TP5V69ZCS

Then throw that stand away because it flexes too much and get one like this

https://www.amazon.com/Jiusion-Alum...=B0797PPX8D&psc=1&refRID=DHAABDT8HYCWAK76EHW5

I have found this set up to be invaluable in eval my bud purchases.

You should see what it shows with AVB!! But that's for another thread.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Absolutely. Now, a strain I get may well be different that what you get with the same name, but for some reason, Blue Dream seems to just turn to dust as soon as it sees a grinder! haha I have used my NV coarse on it, otherwise its just dust.

And I didn't think you hated on the fine grind....seems most people just have a personal preference for their grind, is all.

Oh......this is what I got is like this and there are a bunch with different brand names...just white labels of the same Chinese made item, I think. Looks like the prices have gone up a little. Probably can find this on DHGate too.

https://www.amazon.com/CISNO-Micros...C1TP5V69ZCS&psc=1&refRID=AS9WJ2C0VC1TP5V69ZCS

Then throw that stand away because it flexes too much and get one like this

https://www.amazon.com/Jiusion-Alum...=B0797PPX8D&psc=1&refRID=DHAABDT8HYCWAK76EHW5

I have found this set up to be invaluable in eval my bud purchases.

You should see what it shows with AVB!! But that's for another thread.
Can you please start a thread called "barons microscope adventures" so we can see photos of avb and some nice bud under microscope.
I am literally putting what you posted on my amazon wish list because I want a good scope to look at soil samples and probable also weed.

PS but I also been looking for one with more megapixels then 2

Baron23

Can you please start a thread called "barons microscope adventures" so we can see photos of avb and some nice bud under microscope.
I am literally putting what you posted on my amazon wish list because I want a good scope to look at soil samples and probable also weed.

PS but I also been looking for one with more megapixels then 2
I do need to take more pics....have a whole gallery of pics of bud and trichomes, but need to gather some pics of AVB with different vapes. But usually, after vaping, I just say "fuck it" to pulling out the microscope and taking pics!! haha

I need to just lay it out on paper and take pics the next day of AVB, I think. LOL

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I do need to take more pics....have a whole gallery of pics of bud and trichomes, but need to gather some pics of AVB with different vapes. But usually, after vaping, I just say "fuck it" to pulling out the microscope and taking pics!! haha

I need to just lay it out on paper and take pics the next day of AVB, I think. LOL
Get a lab assistant!

Cannabiker

Have you tested the glossy and matte side by side, with the same buds? I'm just wondering if your experience with the matte was based on some weed with a sticky cure.

Before I ordered my SCS, I searched for reviews that compared the finishes--I wanted to avoid this very problem. The only thing I could find was a post by an FC user who said he owned both, and he found no appreciable difference. In fact, he said that if he had to pick one, he thought the matte was less likely to gum up.

With that advice, I picked a matte rasta SCS, and I love it. It definitely doesn't suck and get sticky immediately.

vapognak

My SCS - matte finish - did not gum up, except with not welled cured bud... But I do not have a glossy one to compare to it.

More on subject: my order of a BCG from 4th of August was recently fulfilled, but I'm out of the country for a month, can't wait to get back home.

Biesas

My SCS - matte finish - did not gum up, except with not welled cured bud... But I do not have a glossy one to compare to it.

More on subject: my order of a BCG from 4th of August was recently fulfilled, but I'm out of the country for a month, can't wait to get back home.

How recently was it fulfilled, if you don't mind me asking?

I've placed an order for a Hematite one with the medium plate last Sunday.
The thing is I'm moving countries in a months time and not sure whether I'll be able to get it in time :huh::shrug:

sauerkraut

How recently was it fulfilled, if you don't mind me asking?

I've placed an order for a Hematite one with the medium plate last Sunday.
The thing is I'm moving countries in a months time and not sure whether I'll be able to get it in time :huh::shrug:

It was probably around 5-6 weeks for Biesas' order to fulfill.

You should email them directly and ask. They could change your shipping location or contact you when they have it ready so they can confirm shipping location.

Top Bottom