Brilliant Cut Grinder

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So, I've had my BCG for a few weeks now and while I do like it a lot, I do have one complaint the I'd like to know if it is a common experience or if I'm doing something wrong.

I find that no matter how much I grind, there's always a bit of material that doesn't fully grind up. It's like there's a bunch of spots between teeth where grinding just doesnt occur. Since the remaining pieces are too big to go through the holes in my medium plate, I end up moving it around with a brush and regrinding a few times. Is this normal? I'm surprised I haven't seen it mentioned more if so.

As far as expectations, I'm coming from a Gr8tr V2 which always got everything through without much effort... assuming it was the first 1-3 grinds after it had been fully cleaned because it gunked up instantly. The BCG does a great job of staying un-gunked, but I'm honestly surprised it falls short on ease of grinding given the reviews I've read.

That's pretty difficult for me of every grinder, there's like always one or two little bits that don't end up getting through. Usually because it's like a flat leaf or something like that, maybe something stuck to a tooth that was really sticky... But yeah the first time I used it everything did fall through, so definitely depends on the buds I'd say. Since I often grind upside down for a little bit at first, I always open it up after and gently clack the plate and top together to knock loose any bits, if I see they're stuck to teeth I even poke em with a toothpick first. This was a much more involved process for both my SLX and SCS, with the BCG there is a minimal amount in my experience so far... If I'm feeling lazy and don't do what I normally do, which does happen time to time pretty regularly, the BCG makes it fairly unnoticeable as opposed to those others, which is probably why I haven't mentioned it yet.

SquirrelMaster

@Spelaeus
I find the fine plate takes more grinding for everything to fall through compared to the medium and the same thing for the medium compared to the coarse, however, I don't have any issues with chunks getting stuck and having to be moved. I ground up some super sticky Gelato a few days ago that the BCG struggled with and it ground up perfectly.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I only grind .15 - .2g at a time. There's occasionally several flakes (3?) the don't fall through regardless of plate size. They are wider, flat leaves that lie on the grinder plate's surface. Five more turns & they fall through. But, my weed is at best slightly sticky cause it's only street weed. Assume NY will be legal in 2021. Can't wait. :drool:

Easywider

Simple is the way
Help! I've gone messed up my grinder :rolleyes:

I decided to give my BCG a proper ISO wash, everything came off very nice with a few bits of residue here and their. I was using a small flat head to scrape some resin of the magnet in the top plate and the magnet popped out and stuck the screw driver. No worries here, I didn't see and glue, must be a pressure fit. I cleaned up the magnet and pressed it back in. BACKWARDS, like a fool! So I now have a reverse polarity top plate and Of course I can't get the magnet back out the same way I did the first time.

Any suggestions ?

MoltenTiger

I decided to give my BCG a proper ISO wash, everything came off very nice with a few bits of residue here and their. I was using a small flat head to scrape some resin of the magnet in the top plate and the magnet popped out and stuck the screw driver. No worries here, I didn't see and glue, must be a pressure fit. I cleaned up the magnet and pressed it back in. BACKWARDS, like a fool! So I now have a reverse polarity top plate and Of course I can't get the magnet back out the same way I did the first time.

Any suggestions ?
Super glue and string..?

Obsessed 2

Any suggestions ?
Hit it with a butane torch for a second or two followed by an upside down tap? Or stick it in the freezer. Not sure which would be better though. And careful if you choose heat as it may demagnetize the magnet.

Easywider

Simple is the way
Thanks @Obsessed 2 , @lookhigh , @MoltenTiger , @Grinders for Life for your help and suggestions. I used a bit of everyones advice. I was able to find a nail head the exact same size as the magnet. Glued it on with some crazy glue, stuck it in the freezer and then pulled it out. :rockon:

Then in my infinite wisdom proceeded to put it back in the grinder the exact same way :mad:. Anyway I repeated the steps above and I'm back in business again.

Obsessed 2

Thanks @Obsessed 2 , @lookhigh , @MoltenTiger , @Grinders for Life for your help and suggestions. I used a bit of everyones advice. I was able to find a nail head the exact same size as the magnet. Glued it on with some crazy glue, stuck it in the freezer and then pulled it out. :rockon:

Then in my infinite wisdom proceeded to put it back in the grinder the exact same way :mad:. Anyway I repeated the steps above and I'm back in business again.
Congrats brotha!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Then in my infinite wisdom proceeded to put it back in the grinder the exact same way :mad:

3a116884945f870924f1ffd3f36fc015.png

I notice things like this tend to happen the most when I'm under/over-vaped :rofl:

tepictoton

Anybody seen this before? I have had it for about 2/3 months now, and treated it like a baby... Hope this is not 'normal'

sxjj3s.jpg

I reached out to @Grinders for Life by mail, hope I hear back from them soon.

The coating on both the center post as shown in the picture and the inner circle of the teeth on the top plate is gone, showing bare aluminium now...

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
Anybody seen this before? I have had it for about 2/3 months now, and treated it like a baby... Hope this is not 'normal'

sxjj3s.jpg

The coating on both the center post as shown in the picture and the inner circle of the teeth on the top plate is gone, showing bare aluminium now...

Have you taken off the plastic gasket on the lid maybe? Reducing the height difference enough to cause that center post to grind against the magnet

Rooster

sxjj3s.jpg

I just checked and mine looks the same. I honestly cant say I am concerned about it.

Rooster,

tepictoton

The reducing ring is still in place.

And, I dunno, seeing what we are paying for this, I do feel this should not happen under normal use.

And I do not even want to think about where those missing pieces went....

I would find it strange nobody reported this before. Still hoping this is not 'normal'...

Top Bottom