Brilliant Cut Grinder

Mickk

Im afraid 2 months isnt going to cut it, haha. I placed my order on April 30th, and havent received a shipping notification yet
I heard back from them today, and they expect it to take another 2 weeks before they are able to ship out my order. Fingers crossed

Mickk

I heard back from them today, and they expect it to take another 2 weeks before they are able to ship out my order. Fingers crossed
I actually just went ahead and canceled my order. I ordered on April 30th, thinking it would take 6-8 weeks. We're at 12 weeks now, and their estimation is that it will take another 2 weeks before they can ship my order (and from what I read in this thread, they also use a slow shipping service)

I emailed them in June, to add another grinding plate to my order (and was very kindly offered the same 15% discount, I had on my initial order. So kudos for that :-)) and was told back then that they would be able to ship my order in 2 weeks

Kinda bummed, since the bcg looks like a great grinder, but it's taking too long for me, and I'll pick up another grinder

AndyO

I actually just went ahead and canceled my order. I ordered on April 30th, thinking it would take 6-8 weeks. We're at 12 weeks now, and their estimation is that it will take another 2 weeks before they can ship my order (and from what I read in this thread, they also use a slow shipping service)

I emailed them in June, to add another grinding plate to my order (and was very kindly offered the same 15% discount, I had on my initial order. So kudos for that :-)) and was told back then that they would be able to ship my order in 2 weeks

Kinda bummed, since the bcg looks like a great grinder, but it's taking too long for me, and I'll pick up another grinder

3 months is pretty outrageous. They shouldn't really be selling them if that's the wait time :(

I'm glad that OMD is local, which made it a super easy choice, even moreso when I factored in how much BCG charge for apparently-glacial shipping.

AndyO,
Reactions: cosimo

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I will say, I appreciate that they have a pre-order system, instead of just dropping stock that might sell out too quick? The factory seconds don't move thaaat quick I suppose, but there are probably a lot of orders coming in regularly that make having stock on hand not feasible? I still think they are well worth the wait, especially when you already put in time and effort, but I also think OMD is just amazing too! Plenty of other options around

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Not for nothing, this is precisely why they removed the polished version. It doesn't just come out of the machine like that, someone has to spend hours upon hours of elbow grease polishing it. That takes time.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Anyone else's BCG magnet fell out the bottom?
One of my magnets came out during a wash in hot water recently, but I was able to pop it back in pretty easily. Seemed to be related to the heat since it’s never happened since, but was very easy to remove while still hot

Octavia,

StoneCold

One of my magnets came out during a wash in hot water recently, but I was able to pop it back in pretty easily. Seemed to be related to the heat since it’s never happened since
The bottom one keeps coming out of mine now emailed customer service there going to send a replacement bottom, but there not v quick in replying once a day if that, and it's not looking good with people still waiting for orders.

Won't let me upload a pic

StoneCold,
  • Wow

Choker

My BCG is so gunked up with material, squashed hash type flower residue.
I scrape it off but it’s never clean. I wanted to reclaim the stuff but not sure how.
do I just iso clean the BCG and throw away the old flower gunk?

Choker,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The bottom one keeps coming out of mine now emailed customer service there going to send a replacement bottom, but there not v quick in replying once a day if that, and it's not looking good with people still waiting for orders.

I'm not sure the issue, you emailed and they said they would send you a new bottom, so what's the problem? Why should it matter how quick they reply, why did they need to reply more than once a day...? Other people waiting on orders has nothing to do with you or your situation either imo...

Won't let me upload a pic

You need to use an external image hosting site like imgur or imgbb (there is an image attachment thread with instructions)

I scrape it off but it’s never clean. I wanted to reclaim the stuff but not sure how.

Yeah scraping is not the move for that, you might be able to use a different less harsh cleaner, but alcohol is the easiest, there is a way to then extract QWISO which could be made very high quality using the freezer and filtering etc. though it is a lot of work, and may most likely still taste awful

StoneCold

I'm not sure the issue, you emailed and they said they would send you a new bottom, so what's the problem? Why should it matter how quick they reply, why did they need to reply more than once a day...? Other people waiting on orders has nothing to do with you or your situation either imo...

You need to use an external image hosting site like imgur or imgbb (there is an image attachment thread with instructions)

Yeah scraping is not the move for that, you might be able to use a different less harsh cleaner, but alcohol is the easiest, there is a way to then extract QWISO which could be made very high quality using the freezer and filtering etc. though it is a lot of work, and may most likely still taste awful
Emailing once a day unacceptable.

Apart from that no issues with BCG at all, just Suprised about the issue.

StoneCold,

SockPuppetTheatrics

Do you have access to 95% ethanol (sometimes labeled 190 proof moonshine or white whiskey in liquor stores)? You could use that as a cleaner and then make a sublingual tincture or something.
Emailing once a day unacceptable.

Apart from that no issues with BCG at all, just Suprised about the issue.
I feel like there's a broad misunderstanding about makers vs. retailers and small vs. large companies. Everyone expects Amazon-level shipping speed and CS response times regardless of the type or size of the company they're dealing with, which is unrealistic when you have just a handful of people, each of whom needs to fill multiple roles during the workday and week.

StoneCold

Do you have access to 95% ethanol (sometimes labeled 190 proof moonshine or white whiskey in liquor stores)? You could use that as a cleaner and then make a sublingual tincture or something.

I feel like there's a broad misunderstanding about makers vs. retailers and small vs. large companies. Everyone expects Amazon-level shipping speed and CS response times regardless of the type or size of the company they're dealing with, which is unrealistic when you have just a handful of people, each of whom needs to fill multiple roles during the workday and week.
I get that, when I replied I was thinking about amazon lol I guess we become used to waiting things asap.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I get that, when I replied I was thinking about amazon lol I guess we become used to waiting things asap.
I see this often. I find it hilarious because Amazon literally has their own shipping company with thousands of trucks and a bunch of airplanes. Not to mention a huge fulfillment and logistics company inside the company.

Probably hard for BCG to make one of those. 😄

The_M

Received after 3 month wait, stainless steel coarse, well it does same job as $20 kozer from amazon, just nicer feel, similar when u buy nice silvers wearer to cut ur meat/veggies.

High - don’t change quality of high u get after consumption, plastic ring i assume wear and tear, same as on kozer(any other product from amazon) surprise they do not sell spares.

Grind - Coarse plate is a somewhat nonexistent in competitors, so definitely worth for that option.

Packaging - well u could do better, like literally customer will pay 10 more $ just to have it nicely wrapped

Size - perfect

The_M,
  • Wow

noobvaperct

I’m going to pile in on this thread. I ordered a SS BCG with all 3 plates, my order was just short of $500 on April 29th and still haven’t heard a thing back yet. I’m glad this grinder (should I ever get it) will last a lifetime because I will never buy another one from them.

I’m very close to reporting them on the BBB and couldn’t care less if they go out of business.

Timps27

If you all want your money back, BCG will provide it and resell your unit without trouble.

As posted above Amazon will get you a China unit real quick; maybe you missed the whole quality takes time lesson in high school shop class.

Timps27,
Reactions: Smknbud

noobvaperct

If you all want your money back, BCG will provide it and resell your unit without trouble.

As posted above Amazon will get you a China unit real quick; maybe you missed the whole quality takes time lesson in high school shop class.
Maybe BCG shouldn’t include an estimated timeline with every single order that they know they’ll never meet and don’t bother to update their customers after gladly accepting their money.

Maybe you missed your basic high school financial literacy class.

Mickk

I’m going to pile in on this thread. I ordered a SS BCG with all 3 plates, my order was just short of $500 on April 29th and still haven’t heard a thing back yet. I’m glad this grinder (should I ever get it) will last a lifetime because I will never buy another one from them.

I’m very close to reporting them on the BBB and couldn’t care less if they go out of business.
Once I canceled my order, I received my refund within 24 hours

Went ahead and ordered another grinder, I wont name names here, but it can be found by having a look in which other threads I have posted recenftly

Placed my order, and received the unit from literally the other side of the world (Australia) in a few working days

The BCG looks awesome, especially in the polished version, but it cant be worth the wait in my opinion

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I am extremely happy with my standard aluminum grinder from BCG. Mine is a second and has worked perfectly for me since I got it a year or two ago. Just recently did an ISO cleaning, and it's like it is brand new again.

I can't imagine spending $500 on a grinder, any grinder, but I'm sure BCG is happy to take the money and most buyers seem to be perfectly happy with their grinder when they get it. I have purchased other items with a long waiting time, but as long as I knew up front it was going to be a long time, I generally didn't bitch about it. In my experience, the best thing to do is to try and forget that the order has been placed until it magically arrives one day.

Timps27

Not nice. Warning point issued
Maybe BCG shouldn’t include an estimated timeline with every single order that they know they’ll never meet and don’t bother to update their customers after gladly accepting their money.

Maybe you missed your basic high school financial literacy class.

Go ahead and file with the BBB, they will first ask if you have asked for a refund. If you haven’t, they will tell you to go away until you have. If you have and got a refund they will tell you to go away the business took care of you.

I didn’t miss any of my law classes, Karen.

Timps27,

noobvaperct

Not nice. Warning point issued.
Go ahead and file with the BBB, they will first ask if you have asked for a refund. If you haven’t, they will tell you to go away until you have. If you have and got a refund they will tell you to go away the business took care of you.

I didn’t miss any of my law classes, Karen.
Cool. Thanks for glaring past the point I was making which I know I’m right and understand standard and good business practices.

Simps.

noobvaperct,

The_M

They are quick to respond, i had brief conversation with them after 8 weeks and was pissed off on not getting updates, they provided detailed update on my order and expected wait time.

It will not last lifetime by any means, magnets and plastic rings will fail sooner or later

For me packing was a fucking bummer

The_M,

katabatic

I am extremely happy with my standard aluminum grinder from BCG. Mine is a second and has worked perfectly for me since I got it a year or two ago. Just recently did an ISO cleaning, and it's like it is brand new again.

I can't imagine spending $500 on a grinder, any grinder, but I'm sure BCG is happy to take the money and most buyers seem to be perfectly happy with their grinder when they get it. I have purchased other items with a long waiting time, but as long as I knew up front it was going to be a long time, I generally didn't bitch about it. In my experience, the best thing to do is to try and forget that the order has been placed until it magically arrives one day.
Definitely second this, especially post covid when all supply chains are still kind of messed up, waiting is just more of the norm now. I kind of like it when I completely forget about an order like that and then one day it shows up out of the blue and I get excited about it again.

Top Bottom