• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Boundless Tera

Petetbay

it boosts the Tera's temperature to the highest available, 428°F." So if it doesn't go to 500° wth does it display this?
It does as the temp reading climbs and drops from 500*, unless the temp reading is made up which I don’t believe because it reads room temp pretty accurate. I never had very good results with concentrates or hash in the Tera, only kief sandwiches in herb.

Petetbay,
Reactions: LesPlenty

JimmyS301

@Petetbay, @LesPlenty I was just vaping flower with it just to see if there was a difference in the"concentrate mode". I like to roast it higher than most. Also, when it starts to cool down after a Concentrate session try switching back to normal and see the readings. Mine are WAYYY different reads 480 in concentrate mode then switch real quick and it's something like 350 so I'm not fully confident that it reaches 500 especially after what POTV said as well as my own experiments. Overall I am pretty happy with the Tera and this isn't a deal breaker, just seems odd to me. Here's a video

Last edited:
JimmyS301,
Reactions: Sidvicius

LesPlenty

Company Rep
One way to see for sure would be to mull up a pile of weed and vape one bowl at normal max temp until no more vapor then do the same on a fresh bowl at 500 until no vapor and see if there is any difference in AVB colour...I will do it tomorrow if no-one else beats me to it...I am onto dabbing at this time of night!

LesPlenty,

pop22

So number FIVE just shit the bed............ I really wanted to like the Tera but they are just plain JUNK. Won't shut off, batteries get VERY hot, probabIy ruined the batteries.
just submitted a warranty claim and told them I want a CFX+ So I had the same luck with the Mighty....... 5 of them died also before I gave up. Might use the Tera for target practice........ Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Actually a refund would be better, then I could buy DaVinci IQC or a Zeus Arc GT...........

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Actually a refund would be better, then I could buy DaVinci IQC or a Zeus Arc GT...........

IQC is going to be pure session conduction by the way, and I really would recommend staying away from the Zeus lol check out xmax v3pro and xlux roffu or HR Rogue

pop22

IQC is going to be pure session conduction by the way, and I really would recommend staying away from the Zeus lol check out xmax v3pro and xlux roffu or HR Rogue
Yeah, I looked into the Zeus more and scratch that. I have no real preference when it comes to conduction vs convection, I just don't see a difference making one better than the other. I have a pre-production CFX+ that I like and an original CFX. I liked the Tera for it's huge vapor production, but my Solo II easily matches the Tera. To this day though my all time favorite was the DaVinci Ascent. It had it's quirks but it made great, tasty vapor. I'm considering the V3 Pro as a posible replacement.

pop22,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah, I looked into the Zeus more and scratch that. I have no real preference when it comes to conduction vs convection, I just don't see a difference making one better than the other. I have a pre-production CFX+ that I like and an original CFX. I liked the Tera for it's huge vapor production, but my Solo II easily matches the Tera. To this day though my all time favorite was the DaVinci Ascent. It had it's quirks but it made great, tasty vapor. I'm considering the V3 Pro as a posible replacement.

Again, this is a better post for Ask FC, off topic here, but no one cares because it's Tera lol

There is a difference in how they function, do you want it to constantly be cooking creating the vapor for you, or do you want it to create the vapor when you inhale hot air through the herbs... It's not about better than the other, one is better than the other in certain situations and the other is better than the other in other situations...

The term huge vapor production doesn't really mean anything, you're talking about Tera and Solo, the ladder in particular not known for huge vapor production per se so everything is relative...

And that shocks me that you think the ascent was your favorite haha that one was such a letdown for me! Seemed cool and smart, but then the design had so many flaws in the function...

v3pro is nice because it can do session but it is geared towards on demand pure convection, similar to the Roffu which you may prefer potentially, though I like using the v3pro better the Roffu has a nicer design...

You might be interested in the new Legacy Pro too

Adobewan

So number FIVE just shit the bed............ I really wanted to like the Tera but they are just plain JUNK. Won't shut off, batteries get VERY hot, probabIy ruined the batteries.
just submitted a warranty claim and told them I want a CFX+ So I had the same luck with the Mighty....... 5 of them died also before I gave up. Might use the Tera for target practice........ Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The IQ line beats the Ascent, you should be thrilled with an IQC if you loved your Ascent.

Adobewan,
Reactions: pop22
I am trying the tera this way because I love glass mouthpieces and this glass tube size for me is perfect for the filing that is created with my lips, if anyone is interested: I was inspired by a user here on FC , I adapted it using the upper cap supplied in the tera where the short glass mouthpiece is mounted, yielding as in the photo under the metal base and inserting the glass tube (of the glow 18) then I reassembled the gasket in rubber underneath and relative metal screen, it works well and there is no air dispersion it fits very well.

I'm using the capsules of the S & b without lid.

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
There seems to be an issue with my Tera where the power button essentially becomes non-functional. The device will turn on as soon as one battery is inserted, will begin to immediately heat up, occasionally switch over to concentrate mode and become stuck there, and will turn on/off by itself at random intervals. Just emailed Boundless, hopefully they can help me with this issue

felvapes

I haven't used my tera for ages
But it was decent at giving hard hits and tasted pretty good for what it is

I had never heard of or had any issues like some have described above
Mine's a few years old now v2/v3? Can't remember - it was a replacement they sent when they made the chamber slightly bigger to prevent splits when using the WPA and I gave the first one away
Both worked without issues though - I wonder if something changed in their manufacturing to cause the reliability issues?

I have been using my v3 for about 2 years without problems, in my opinion the price / quality ratio is good if you are looking for a dual system with interchangeable 18650s, with the modification made of the mouthpiece and the possibility of using the S&B capsules without its own lid, it makes it one of my favorites (I don't have many) outdoors. I hope for @tonuzzi that they can solve the problem or offer a new replacement unit or at a nominal price.

Petetbay

There seems to be an issue with my Tera where the power button essentially becomes non-functional. The device will turn on as soon as one battery is inserted, will begin to immediately heat up, occasionally switch over to concentrate mode and become stuck there, and will turn on/off by itself at random intervals. Just emailed Boundless, hopefully they can help me with this issue
The main power button is shot. I had a new one that did that and was replaced and I now have a 2nd one that does it. It was turning on and heating up my itself, so not really safe anymore, needs to be replaced. :bang:

Top Bottom