Boundless Tera

namasteIII

No I meant the upgrade program where you could send in you CFV and get a tera. I forgot if it was free, or if you had to pay 50 dollars or something. I'm certain this was a thing, did is just quietly disappear?

namasteIII,

SpudBob

No I meant the upgrade program where you could send in you CFV and get a tera. I forgot if it was free, or if you had to pay 50 dollars or something. I'm certain this was a thing, did is just quietly disappear?
Nothing as of yet from BNDLSTECH and,yes, it IS going to be a $50 Upcharge!

SpudBob,
Reactions: BigJr48

PaperClouds

Yet another Arizer stem mod that uses minimal stretching of the Tera's silicone gasket. This time with the ARGo stem and instead of just using it as a mouthpiece you use it as chamber too. This benefit of this beyond keeping the bowl slightly cleaner is micro-dosing. You can use less than .1 while still getting pretty vapor production. In order for the stem to be deep enough I've found that about 10mm past the bottom of the gasket works best as seen in the second picture to negate confusion. HOWEVER, I have a 5/8th's(I think) pipe screen in there that sit fits like the stock just doesn't fall out so that 10mm could vary if your screen situation is different.

6v4z0I6.jpg

xUSuJX2.jpg

W19yr0O.jpg

I do think you may need to up the temp a little bit due to the glass absorbing some heat. I packed this full the same way I always pack my ARGo and set it to 390.

https://streamable.com/9dxtf

PaperClouds,

BigJr48

Yet another Arizer stem mod that uses minimal stretching of the Tera's silicone gasket. This time with the ARGo stem and instead of just using it as a mouthpiece you use it as chamber too. This benefit of this beyond keeping the bowl slightly cleaner is micro-dosing. You can use less than .1 while still getting pretty vapor production. In order for the stem to be deep enough I've found that about 10mm past the bottom of the gasket works best as seen in the second picture to negate confusion. HOWEVER, I have a 5/8th's(I think) pipe screen in there that sit fits like the stock just doesn't fall out so that 10mm could vary if your screen situation is different.

6v4z0I6.jpg

xUSuJX2.jpg

W19yr0O.jpg

I do think you may need to up the temp a little bit due to the glass absorbing some heat. I packed this full the same way I always pack my ARGo and set it to 390.

https://streamable.com/9dxtf
Nice new mod, time to buy a pair of Argo stems!!!

BigJr48,

onk

Hey guys, for those who read my posts and are curious.

I never got an answer from Eric about my questions, so I still don't understand there behavior.:shrug:

Got the Tera 2 days ago, ordered at vaposhop.de. Cleaned everything with ISO and did 2 burn offs with 220°C and 2 with 260°C (concentrate mode). Cleaned everything again with ISO. Smell did not go away - but no off gassing whatsoever - so I assume it was only the smell of a fresh product and nothing more.

The LCD screen flipps, there was a screen already in the chamber and a serial number on the bottom of the product, which should identify it as a v3.

The Tera itself made a very good impression so far. Tested it heavily the last two days, hence my post now ;). Could vape all day on one charge, so power supply was more than sufficient. Tested with all mouthpieces. The glass mouthpiece gets pretty hot - especially on the lips, but even with 210°C it felt fine to me (I never really smoked and am very sensitiv, cough easy). For sure with maximum temperature 220°C using the WPA on my two chamber percolator is very smooth and perfect for my application.

Everything looks and works just fine even with my relatively bad material which is very fine ground up herb used before for alcohol extraction and consequently coconut extraction. So I can't tell much about taste so far, even though it feels much better than burning anything ;). Ate the toasted left over in a yoghurt to check how much was still in there. Used 0.2g which was enough for hours to vape and the yoghurt afterwards still got me a nice buzz. Will do that test again with 0.1g vaped and 3 hours later eating the left over compared to the same smoked and the same decarboxylated and eaten, to see how efficient what is. And for sure will try it with fresh good herb so see about taste.

Bought also the Dynavap M which might become a gift for a friend who smokes pure out of pipes. For that I need a better lighter for testing and even if it has style and works fine, its much more work :), but then again, maybe with fresh herb much easier.

I am pretty happy with the Tera :tup: and can't say anything negative about the product at all, but I have no other vapes to compare (except a friends Volcano and the Dynavap, which both don't really qualify as comparable).

Only issue I have is that the material I have and want to use is so fine it partly falls through the mouthpiece, especially when it dries up to the end. As I do not mind eating those crumbs are not that bad, but it might fall also through the screens on the bottom which I would like to avoid. Except using an additional screen or a mighty capsule - or only upside down with the WPA on the glass peice - any other suggestions how to deal with that?

Thanks again to all here!

Vernier

Only issue I have is that the material I have and want to use is so fine it partly falls through the mouthpiece, especially when it dries up to the end. As I do not mind eating those crumbs are not that bad, but it might fall also through the screens on the bottom which I would like to avoid. Except using an additional screen or a mighty capsule - or only upside down with the WPA on the glass peice - any other suggestions how to deal with that?

I would like to know this as well. I had a VaporGenie and the mesh screen would clog up pretty easily. When my Tera arrives I'm thinking of adding a mesh screen on top of the existing chamber screen.

The ultimate vape would have the features of a Tera but with a fully removable, cleanable and swappable vapor path.

Vernier,

Razor

You can get rid of this by using the elbow screens as posted on previous pages. There are pictures somewhere in there as well. Nothing gets through if you put an elbow screen on top.

Razor,

SpudBob

Get some NEW bud! JK! You could put an additional screen in the bottom till you blow through your stash. Im, currently not grinding more than medium myself. Im also using a 2 screens. The ones that came with the unit. One on bottom and one on top of the load. Works very good and keeps debris down. Also IF you are still getting a bit of silicone smell/taste try either coating the parts with coconut oil or as another person suggested, throw the silicone in ground coffee for a couple hrs. Either will help, greatly, with that!

SpudBob

How bout one of these! Might, NO definitely WOULD, look cool!!! ED's TNT!!!
https://edstnt.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=60

I would like to know this as well. I had a VaporGenie and the mesh screen would clog up pretty easily. When my Tera arrives I'm thinking of adding a mesh screen on top of the existing chamber screen.

The ultimate vape would have the features of a Tera but with a fully removable, cleanable and swappable vapor path.
Just throw another bottom chamber screen on top. You get extras with the unit. Works awesome and keeps debris to a minimum!!! Also adds a wee bit of conduction.

Last edited:

Karnis2

Hi everyone, just got my Tera and while it's charging I played around with the glass mouthpiece. I can confirm both the Solo II and ArGO stems fit inside the screen gasket, which is placed on top of the heating chamber instead of the black mouthpiece, one sits in the bottom of the gasket and the fits inside the innermost hole. Also, the Flowermate v5.0s glass mouthpieces fit as well, simply pull out the stock one and replace it with the Flowermate (which has less draw restriction than the arizer stems). I hope to report back in several hours from now with my impressions and comparison to my Solo II. Cheers!

zcvkWjevYFc3dBac8
If someone tells me how to make the IMG insert work right I'll be happy to post a pic ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Snavster

Seeing a lot of people swapping the stem, can anyone recommend a good ceramic or glass one that is in the same shape of the plastic peice?

Also (as im buying the tera tomorrow) is there a lot of mixing involved to get a good extraction? dont want to rip it to death and get a nasty ass hit because i never mixed the bowl haha

Last edited:

Karnis2

Well, the Flowermate mouthpiece is a bit too wide open for its height so it gets just as hot as the stock piece, oh well. The Arizer stems fit perfectly in the gasket, which means my bubble straw works as well, and it's a really nice combo. The WPA is a viable option as well, I popped an 18mm mouthpiece on it and it has really nice open air flow. The vapor is better than my Solo II, more full bodied at lower temps, more productive clouds & better impact. It seems way more consistent than my Solo II from bowl to bowl too.The black silicon gasket is smoothing out but again they should've just stuck with the WPA design & thread on a post w/ 2 o-rings & boom---instant glass mouthpiece. I'll never use either of the stock mouthpieces. The satin coating over the shell has a slight odor to it but that is smoothing out too. Overall I feel it's an upgrade to my Solo II, with the Arizer stems & such it feels kinda like a Solo III. :D

SpudBob

Overall I feel it's an upgrade to my Solo II

that what Ive been thinking too!!!

Troy from 420Vapezone posted a pic on IG using a black stem with his Tera, hope @Boundless Vape Technology make better mouthpieces cause I hate the taste of rubber during every hit.

Try either coconut oil on the gasket or stick it in some ground coffee for a while. Seems to help a lot.

P.S. Im thinking about a mod that would use a stem, kinda like a log vape roasting tube, that uses the stem as the material holder. This would be like an Arizer stem, like some have been trying, but made out of wood and without the silicone gasket! It would be fit to stick in the bowl a bit. It would end up being, because of reduced diameter, more of a micro doser utilizing the Tera as a heater only. Like a Milaana or Lil Bud. What does the collective think???

Last edited:
SpudBob,

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
that what Ive been thinking too!!!

Try either coconut oil on the gasket or stick it in some ground coffee for a while. Seems to help a lot.

P.S. Im thinking about a mod that would use a stem, kinda like a log vape roasting tube, that uses the stem as the material holder. This would be like an Arizer stem, like some have been trying, but made out of wood and without the silicone gasket! It would be fit to stick in the bowl a bit. It would end up being, because of reduced diameter, more of a micro doser utilizing the Tera as a heater only. Like a Milaana or Lil Bud. What does the collective think???
I think you guys should re read this thread...
I have described this mod and even made a rough prototype

Imgur took all my pics damnit

Here they are again

dZq8f3q.gif

0upKVD2.gif

Here is an album with some more:
https://imgur.com/a/2zFd8iQ

Last edited:

Karnis2

So I've been hitting the Tera most of the day, switching back & forth from my Solo II, & so far when compared to the S II, there's just a slight inherent harshness I can't get rid of yet, but it's there in my throat & my lungs after using it. I noticed it's reduced a bit when using the WPA with an 18 mm glass mouthpiece doing dry hits, so I tend to think that the big black silicon cover-gasket is a contributing factor, as is the black plastic insert fitting above the chamber (to a lesser degree) and generally speaking, hotter air overall being inhaled. Comparing the two, I'd say the flavor & clouds of the Tera are slightly more dense but harsher, while the same from the Solo II are slightly thinner but more clean & pure. I will say the Tera seemed to perform a little better as a water pipe as it's WPA has better air flow and plays to its strengths more...& the water can mask the harshness a little. Keep in mind I use harshness as a term relative to the Solo II, in a practical sense I find it very similar to a PAX 3....I'm not spitting fire or throwing up blood :D I also think now it's a testament to just how clean, pure and maybe under appreciated the Solo II is (guilty). After thinking about it, I wish Boundless would have (a) made the mouthpiece insert above the chamber stainless steel and (b) made the base of the WPA the foundation of all their mouthpieces. The bottom part with the bucket/screen/thin gasket works much better for me than the big black half moon silicon cover. Just unscrew the WPA & screw on your mouthpiece adapter.....<sigh>. Anyway...back to my research. It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it. ;-)

SpudBob

Vernier

So I've been hitting the Tera most of the day, switching back & forth from my Solo II, & so far when compared to the S II, there's just a slight inherent harshness I can't get rid of yet, but it's there in my throat & my lungs after using it. I noticed it's reduced a bit when using the WPA with an 18 mm glass mouthpiece doing dry hits, so I tend to think that the big black silicon cover-gasket is a contributing factor, as is the black plastic insert fitting above the chamber (to a lesser degree) and generally speaking, hotter air overall being inhaled. Comparing the two, I'd say the flavor & clouds of the Tera are slightly more dense but harsher, while the same from the Solo II are slightly thinner but more clean & pure. I will say the Tera seemed to perform a little better as a water pipe as it's WPA has better air flow and plays to its strengths more...& the water can mask the harshness a little. Keep in mind I use harshness as a term relative to the Solo II, in a practical sense I find it very similar to a PAX 3....I'm not spitting fire or throwing up blood :D I also think now it's a testament to just how clean, pure and maybe under appreciated the Solo II is (guilty). After thinking about it, I wish Boundless would have (a) made the mouthpiece insert above the chamber stainless steel and (b) made the base of the WPA the foundation of all their mouthpieces. The bottom part with the bucket/screen/thin gasket works much better for me than the big black half moon silicon cover. Just unscrew the WPA & screw on your mouthpiece adapter.....<sigh>. Anyway...back to my research. It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it. ;-)

What about reducing the temperature setting of the Tera to thin out the clouds/harshness and lower the vapor temp?

SpudBob

@SpudBob I was emphasizing that Troy seen the mouthpiece mod here on FC, maybe @Boundless Vape Technology will upgrade to a better glass mouthpiece.
I wasn't answering you. No worries! I was answering @antispleen. What Im thinking is ALL wood, NO silicone, pressure fit in the chamber and obviously a small(8mmish) draw hole with a 10 mmish bowl. Kinda like a log vape tube. It would, probably, only hold enough for 4-5 draws but would eliminate the rubber/silicone thingy. Im currently using a glass stem inside the glass mouthpiece mod that works good, but it would be nice to completely eliminate the silicone from the vapor path!

SpudBob,

BigJr48

I wasn't answering you. No worries! I was answering @antispleen. What Im thinking is ALL wood, NO silicone, pressure fit in the chamber and obviously a small(8mmish) draw hole with a 10 mmish bowl. Kinda like a log vape tube. It would, probably, only hold enough for 4-5 draws but would eliminate the rubber/silicone thingy. Im currently using a glass stem inside the glass mouthpiece mod that works good, but it would be nice to completely eliminate the silicone from the vapor path!

That sounds great @Ed's TnT or @phattpiggie would be the perfect craftsmen for the job!!!

Top Bottom