• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Boundless Tera

Kozzykozak

For those with the V2 units and have not emailed me yet please send an email to Eric@bndlstech.com as we will be beginning the process of offering an exchange. As stock will be limited on the first run, it may take us a few shipments to get through all the exchanges but we are committed to moving forward with this. I am hoping we can begin the CFV upgrade program on our second shipment as well, more information on this will be available soon.

Thanks again for the info Eric, just curious if there is any estimate on when the cfv upgrade program would start

Kozzykozak,
Reactions: BigJr48

SpudBob

The serial letters are the same that are in back of your box.
It's to the right of: " What's included"
The reason I asked is because I thought, maybe, the unit itself had serial numbers on the bottom. Mine does not however I saw Puffitups teardown of the V3 and it had no numbers on it that I could see. either Anyways...

BigJr48

The reason I asked is because I thought, maybe, the unit itself had serial numbers on the bottom. Mine does not however I saw Puffitups teardown of the V3 and it had no numbers on it that I could see. either Anyways...

Any letters? Should be the same as on back of the box.
Post a pic if possible.

nevermore

Seems likes some people is confused about the V3 and others.
Here is the pic from Puffitup showing the code in the bottom of the V3.
Besides that, if you're having a V3, you can notice that there's a screen included directly in the chamber (there's also another screens packed in the box). If you are having V1, and V2, there's no screen in the chamber.

That's only two different things about V3 and others that I can found out.

boundless-tera-v3-serial.jpg

The screen:
Boundless-Tera-v3-teardown-chamber.jpg

Btw, yesterday I just found out an easiest way to remove the rubbish smell from the rubber gasket of the mouthpiece. It's very simple.
I disassemble the rubber gasket and then submerge it into the coffee grounds for just 6-7hrs. And you know that, my rubber gasket is now fully covered the coffee smell, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpudBob

This is weird but I DID find the serial "letters" on the bottom between the screws. IT was VERY, VERY faint. I could not see it till I shined a flashlight on it. It IS there though and matches the one on the box! Whew V3!

Last edited:

Keioz

Hey guys! I am new here because I think of getting the Tera and found this thread to be the most informative source. So thanks for that!

I have some question in the end, you can skip this part about my personal journey if you want to save the time :D Last 8 years I used to extract in coconut oil and just eat, found it to be very efficient and no need to kill myself with smoking :) Last harvest I made an alcohol extraction and got some left over superfine material in the filter which I decided to give smoking a try. Smoked it pure out a pipe and liked the difference in effect, faster and less tiring. So I decided to get my self a two chamber percolator to make it easier on my lungs and also like that a lot. So now I have the plant material left over from my extraction which I do not want to smoke as its a lot of plant and little active compounds in it (I guess). I thought of investing in a vape, not only for the left over stuff but that was the first idea why to get one. Now after reading and researching what I want I ended with the Tera which seems to fit what I am searching for (real convection with enough power also for on the go, the WPA for my glass piece at home, exchangeable batteries, concentrate option as I produced some).

Now I read nearly all of this thread and found a lot of answers, but not all :)
1) How can I know if I have v2 or v3 without destroying the vape? The flipping of the screen only tells me that I don't have v1.
2) Is the v2 still officially save to use? Boundless stated at one point that the Teflon AF is fine but after a stress test here it found to deform and crack.
3) If it is save to use, there is an offer from namastevape in Europe. They sell Version 3 and Version 2. And Version 2 for only 102 Euros. Is that then a legit offer?

I wrote to Boundless about the first question how to find out about Version 1 and 2 and they answered right away but my second email with the above question got ignored so far. Can you guys help me out?
Im having the same issue as you ,they are ignoring my emails and tickets ,have they reached you yet?they used to answer vry quickly , not anymore. SMH

Keioz,

BigJr48

Im having the same issue as you ,they are ignoring my emails and tickets ,have they reached you yet?they used to answer vry quickly , not anymore. SMH

What are your concerns? Maybe some of us will be able to help you, have you read through the forum?

Keioz

What are your concerns? Maybe some of us will be able to help you, have you read through the forum?
i got a v1 send it back and they told me they would ship the v3 when available(that was like 2 months ago).Im trying to get in touch to see the status.I send a few emails and after a week or so eric replied asking for the receipt ,i send it to him a week ago and nothing.Two days ago i send him another email and nothing,yesterday i reopened a ticket and im waiting.They used to answer really quick in the past.

Keioz,

SpudBob

According to the website they have no stock at the moment. I know there were expecting a new shipment very soon....Sorry @Keioz that they missed your RDA they will take care of you.. Its been a rough year for them... growing pains I guess! I KNOW you will be happy, though, with the V3 when you get it!!!

SpudBob,

Keioz

According to the website they have no stock at the moment. I know there were expecting a new shipment very soon....Sorry @Keioz that they missed your RDA they will take care of you.. Its been a rough year for them... growing pains I guess! I KNOW you will be happy, though, with the V3 when you get it!!!
Eric reached me today,he told me theyre receiving a shipment soon, thanks!

Razor

Still not sure about pass through charging. The previous versions didnt have it i believe but my device is definitely doing it. I hope this isnt another bug.

Razor

Have you tried it? Mine definitely acts like it does. It gives a clear charging symbol while at 400f. I know what it says on in the book and on the website.

SpudBob

Have you tried it? Mine definitely acts like it does. It gives a clear charging symbol while at 400f. I know what it says on in the book and on the website.
You might be right! I know, initially, the CFX was said to not be able to be used/charged at the same time. Later ,though, the Bndlstech Boys and Girls said that it could be as long as it was at 25% or better charged before you do.

onk

Mate, you should read this post. All of it. Boundless already stated that v2 aren't safe and asked users with an v2 to contact them:
Seriously guys, stop using v2's. They aren't safe, has been proved by puffitup and that's why we have v3. I will never understand why people try to be cheap when your health is concerned...
I tried reading all here carefully, focusing on post from Boundless as opinions are good to have but nothing official. My question was if there was a statement and/or call back from Boundless. So far the answer to that seems still no.

I get your opinions and that you want to be safe, noted. My concern is not to buy the v2 and be cheap, don't know why you interpret my post in that way? My concern is if I can trust Boundless with my health at all. You claim health is your concern too. Why are you not more skeptical then?
Just watched the teardown from puffitup. All he states there is that the teflon was "somewhat of a concern". All he "proves" there is that the v3 he had there had no teflon anymore.

Eric told me in an email that the V2 is safe and that the teflon was not off gassing but was just bits that fell through to the top of heater. Has something changed?
Exactly my question! Boundless acknowledged those stress tests may 8th. Sounds like you got that info after the stress test? Please let us know if you hear something else.

Glad that you got an answer. I did not get any so far.

And please guys calm down and don't interpret my posts here being pro or con Boundless. Maybe they are the best and most caring about my health, maybe they just try to handle their public relation nightmare and please the crowd with their statements ... I don't know enough to make that decision so far, that's why I ask questions. I wrote to Boundless, no answer, I post here, no reaction either. Eric obviously follows this thread and could answer these questions here. Why he did not? Maybe did not get to it till now, maybe because they don't want more controversy anymore ... I don't know. Last post from Boundless was one month ago.

To summarize answers so far:
1) How can I know if I have v2 or v3 without destroying the vape? The flipping of the screen only tells me that I don't have v1.
2) Is the v2 still officially save to use? Boundless stated at one point that the Teflon AF is fine but after a stress test here it found to deform and crack.
3) If it is save to use, there is an offer from namastevape in Europe. They sell Version 3 and Version 2. And Version 2 for only 102 Euros. Is that then a legit offer?
ad 1) The serial number at the bottom and the pre placed screen in the chamber.
ad 2) At one point Boundless stated it is save but they will remove it from future products:
Boundless believes in the safety of the material in question.
Yes, that is correct. We believe in the safety of the material used and will move forward with removing it with future units to eliminate any concerns at all.
They offer "compensation" and replacements. But no call back or statement that it is not save to use as far as I can see.
ad 3) Good news - I guess - namastevape do not offer version 2 anymore. So it might not have been a legit offer.

onk,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
So if the Tera was designed to have a teflon shock absorber, which is now removed with nothing to replace it, does that mean it will be more fragile and prone to failure at that point?

Top Bottom