• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pen Boundless Technology TERP Pen

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: LesPlenty

btka

Was on sale last week for US$35 (currently US$43), I only use my Boundless Terp Pen foe extra sneaky out about hits as the HB is so much better tasting.:2c:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33003658187.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.497d4c4dM6kC3Z
is it also more efficient then terp pen? and how are the clouds compared to terp pen?
I want to buy (or bought) a huni badger and also considering to buy a head banger... or do I really need a terp pen, huni badger and headbanger ... I am fairly new to this concentrate (rosin) thing... and want to get the best out of it... and I like this style of vaping concentrates where you dip in your rosin...

LesPlenty

Company Rep

dodgy_b

Hey. Picked one of these up on Black Friday. Looking forward to trying it later tonight.

Curious as to why the directions say to first "inhale to activate coil" then "apply concentrate."

Are you not able to preload, put the cap on, and take it on the go? Or does it not produce the same results?

(New to concentrates)

btka

Hey. Picked one of these up on Black Friday. Looking forward to trying it later tonight.

Curious as to why the directions say to first "inhale to activate coil" then "apply concentrate."

Are you not able to preload, put the cap on, and take it on the go? Or does it not produce the same results?

(New to concentrates)
I inhale for a few seconds so the coil gets hot... then I dip in concentrate... then you can put the cap on and inhale on the go... but you will noot get more then 2 to 4 hits of it... I normally take 2 to 3 hits and then reload...

btka

today I got my replacment coils... I installed one and it was great (good clouds, taste, not clogged)
after 5 hours or so it did not perform so good... then after observation I saw that only one coil is heating... I checked in front of mirror (only one coil is glowing of the two)... and you see that there is still concentrate on the other one coil after you draw...

also I wuld be interessted how other use their terp pen...
I tend to take a draw so the coil heats a little bit up and then dip it in rosin (without draw)... and then I put on the cap and draw at first slower and at the end faster)...

noticed when directly drawing while you dip pen in concentrate at same time you will get a lot of reclaim -> which is wasted concentrate I think...

MonkeyTime

today I got my replacment coils... I installed one and it was great (good clouds, taste, not clogged)
after 5 hours or so it did not perform so good... then after observation I saw that only one coil is heating... I checked in front of mirror (only one coil is glowing of the two)... and you see that there is still concentrate on the other one coil after you draw...

I tend to take a draw so the coil heats a little bit up and then dip it in rosin (without draw)... and then I put on the cap and draw at first slower and at the end faster)...

noticed when directly drawing while you dip pen in concentrate at same time you will get a lot of reclaim -> which is wasted concentrate I think...

I've had one coil lose one side like that. I've held it aside and soaked it to disect it and see what the cause was.

I use it very similar to you but don't use the cap, I like to leave it clean for storage.

I love these little things, but have to say for the short time I've had my two, I've had a too many coil issues. So I stocked up :rofl:

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way

I think I just noticed this one-coil failure on my first coil cartridge today (a few weeks old now).
I was ready to order some new ones, after practicing with the original.

My use is like yours, though sometimes I use a little applicator stick rather than dipping. Either way, I don't see how this can be a single toker (and be done with the'load'). Of course one can hit it on-demand...but almost always more than once is possible.

I am more interested in the question, "Why is it that a "burn-off" seems to go on forever? Not a burnoff of new coil, but doing a cleaning type burn-off, with housing slid off, I can draw certainly more than 10x for full 10 seconds each and wisps are still pouring off the end of the thing. Even tried a 10 minute alcohol soak of the coil cartridge, waited til dry, then proceeded to do 10 more smokey burn-off draws. What gives? Is it merely that I'm overloading it?

btka

I am more interested in the question, "Why is it that a "burn-off" seems to go on forever? Not a burnoff of new coil, but doing a cleaning type burn-off, with housing slid off, I can draw certainly more than 10x for full 10 seconds each and wisps are still pouring off the end of the thing. Even tried a 10 minute alcohol soak of the coil cartridge, waited til dry, then proceeded to do 10 more smokey burn-off draws. What gives? Is it merely that I'm overloading it?

that is why asked others how they use it... as it I am new to concentrates and this style of vaporizers(are they called nector collector)... I saw videos of nector collector the one with torch and they do puff more on it then taking 15 sec draws (when the light blinks at the end of draw)... so ithought there are members which have used such devices before...

as mentioned before I had the most reclaim when taking draw direct from concentrate...
what is logical... because the coils can not handle that much concentrate and you only suck the hot concentrate like a trough a straw...

@MonkeyTime I sometimes like to use the cap and also close two airholes of the cap... so the air intake is restricted a little bit... so I do not have to think too much when drawing not to draw to fast...

I think key is not loading to much and draw speed... to use this vape efficient... not wasting your material...

MonkeyTime

And what's up with the coil availability?
Out of stock at Boundless, out at Puffitup....
I was about to order 2 pens and some coils, would go with the the piu discount, but -- no coils?
Anyone know a reliable, reasonably priced source?
edit; I should have said US source...
Pricing is the same everywhere I've seen, just the discount to differentiate. PIU has been out for a while, but @VGOODIEZ has gottem!

https://vgoodiez.com/products/terp-...less-technologies?_pos=4&_sid=c456bb8a9&_ss=r

LesPlenty

Company Rep
merely that I'm overloading it?
I always leave mine ready to vape, 1x puff then dip to reload while the coil is still hot, at the most I will take 2x puffs (if unable to discreetly reload)
I am still on my silicon insulated V1 coil (I do no bulldoze with it), probably better shock absorber ability than the V2, trust a couple of ham-fisted hypochondriacs spoiling it for the rest (same with the shockies taken out of the Tera, the silicone would deform after 10 or so back to back concentrate mode sessions with no product in the device):2c:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: btka

btka

I always leave mine ready to vape, 1x puff then dip to reload while the coil is still hot, at the most I will take 2x puffs (if unable to discreetly reload)
I am still on my silicon insulated V1 coil (I do no bulldoze with it), probably better shock absorber ability than the V2, trust a couple of ham-fisted hypochondriacs spoiling it for the rest (same with the shockies taken out of the Tera, the silicone would deform after 10 or so back to back concentrate mode sessions with no product in the device):2c:

we will see but also was not a fan of the silicone melting... do not think it makes a big difference...

Megaton

Do people actually manage to get good flavour back out of a cleaned coil? I gave mine a good old soak and a wipe then lots of burn offs, but mine still has a bit of an ashy/burned taste to it. Waiting on my replacement coils to come but my supplier is still waiting for them to turn up, so I have to make do with the coil that is in mine from when I bought it for now.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
was not a fan of the silicone melting
This only happened to a few Terp Pen owners that were driving the coils into glass containers like they were using a screwdriver/dabber!
I still have my 2x new siliconless jobs waiting for their turn.
Do people actually manage to get good flavour back out of a cleaned coil?
I only cleaned mine once due to the char taste from 1 burn off (I did not want to tempt the silicon into melting) It took a while but the nasty taste does go...I just never let the tip get dry/empty...puff'n'dip.:tup:

btka

I only cleaned mine once due to the char taste from 1 burn off (I did not want to tempt the silicon into melting) It took a while but the nasty taste does go...I just never let the tip get dry/empty...puff'n'dip.:tup:

so maybe if you did not want to tempt the silicon melting... you should be happy their is no silicone anymore (who knows if it was silicone)...

Also I find the taste of new coils without insulating is better out of the box...

I also checked all my old coils and there was no burnt insulation... but I like it more without insulation... at the end I am mostly vaping because it is healthier otherwise I could combust...

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I just never let the tip get dry/empty...puff'n'dip.:tup:

This is the key to the whole sha-bang. I can sometimes get a good second pull before loading, but if people have it in their mind to keep vaping until almost empty before loading they will always be in shitty coil flavor land.

For others asking about cleaning steps, I don't think there is any solid procedure that works every time for me. I think these cheap coils have a lifespan for working and a separate lifespan for good flavor. I am finding that there isn't a cleaning procedure that gets you back to "like new" condition. At least in my experience, a good cleaning gets you back to a reasonably clean but still a bit iffy starting point. I believe you can get the coils somewhat clean on the outside, but the coil area on the inside of the atty remains inaccessable and shit still sits in there and affects flavor a bit no matter what you do. The TP is not my go to for flavor chasing, it's for quick and easy hitting when you need a few quick and easy hits.

I also soak a coil for several hours to overnight. I lightly brush the top of the coils with a mini vape brush and then rinse with hot water. I try to blow off the excess and then do a combination of burn off draws and shaking it between draws (sort of the way you would shake a thermometer with your hand in order to get the temp back down). Eventually the vapor and crackling evaporation sound fades and you're ready to go again. Check out Troy at 420vapezone on youtube. He has several videos on using and cleaning the TP.

btka

Last edited:

pletch3929

I think I just noticed this one-coil failure on my first coil cartridge today (a few weeks old now).
I was ready to order some new ones, after practicing with the original.

My use is like yours, though sometimes I use a little applicator stick rather than dipping. Either way, I don't see how this can be a single toker (and be done with the'load'). Of course one can hit it on-demand...but almost always more than once is possible.

I know why the burnoff goes forever... These are rather porous ceramic rods, so there's always gonna be concentrate WITHIN the actual ceramic rods... Which makes for a nearly impossible job to clean... The key is to soak and brush off thoroughly and burn off slightly, not a full ten seconds, repeat the brushing with alcohol dipped bristle brush like the one that comes with it, burn off again slightly. Maybe 5 seconds. Then repeat god IDK maybe even 5 times. Then give it a full entire burnoff... Then soak.. AGAIN... Let er dry off all the way. And then burn off like crazy like 3 times but would definitely let it cool down between burnoffs.

pletch3929

Also had problems with my coils... 2 coils only heating one ceramic rods/coil... ordered now 4 new coils hope they will be better....
@Boundless Vape Technology
Yep I was pretty stoked they threw in 2 extra coils with the 4 I ordered... But 4 outta 6 coils with only one rod heating is pretty rough quality control... Not to rant, but they also package them in such a way that I wouldn't be surprised if I break them just popping them out of that stiff plastic

Top Bottom