Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Esmeralda

I am happy with my new CFX. There was a tiny bit of smell/taste so I did two rounds of burn off and an iso wash, that seemed to take care of it. I am pretty sensitive to most glues, etc. I once had to leave my house for three days when the landlord had new carpets installed. Wow that was a horrid smell and my eyes were burning.
Anyway, it works a treat, that's for sure. I am even slowly but surely converting my husband, a die-hard bong user, so there's always hope.

Likes2vape

When it goes to sleep and you haven't woken it up yet, 5 clicks should turn it off. Then another 5 clicks to turn it on again. I don't think you need to wake it up to turn it off.
yep that's right, 5 clicks will turn it off from sleep, no need to wake it up.

Yeah I just double checked my cf and it definitely needs to be woken up out of sleep mode before I can turn it off. I guess I should probably contact @Boundless Vape Technology if this not normal.

Likes2vape,

Cl4ud3

I am happy with my new CFX. There was a tiny bit of smell/taste so I did two rounds of burn off and an iso wash, that seemed to take care of it. I am pretty sensitive to most glues, etc. I once had to leave my house for three days when the landlord had new carpets installed. Wow that was a horrid smell and my eyes were burning.
Anyway, it works a treat, that's for sure. I am even slowly but surely converting my husband, a die-hard bong user, so there's always hope.
If your loving it now is it vanilla and unmodded ? If so try the ELB mod if you can http://420vapezone.com/boundless-cf-cfx-modifications/ If you want your husband off the bong buy the WPA, it seriously rips through glass :)

Esmeralda

Oh hey, that looks good. I'm going to try it.
I wouldn't say I love it, but I like it okay. First "real" vape for me and it's hands down better than the e-cigs they sell you at the dispensary or the Hebe, which was just a p.o.s.
The draw takes a bit of figuring out.

YungLeaner

I'm shaking and very sick and need to smoke asap, but will try to communicate the best I can. Having real issues today.

Got the CFX and didn't really notice a smell. Once heated it was a strong odor. For a couple of hours or more I have been doing burn offs. Everything is iso'd. After multiple burn offs there's no change, because the path leading to the heater doesn't get hot and it is not possible to access from the bottom for cleaning.

I connected the WPA into a female to male 18mm, and sealed it with the O-Ring on my Volcano bowl. I inverted the unit with the temperature on both units at max and the Volcano pump on to force heat thru the path. Yes, I explained all of this to the manufacturer a few minutes ago on the phone. Anyway, I made a complete seal and forced hot air out the rear of the unit for around a total of 50 minutes of starting and stopping. I overheated the unit multiple times and know it is hot, and put my finger above the rear grill burned my fingers a bit from the hot forced air. After several burn offs using that method, I iso'd the chamber again and put the mouthpiece on which oils/odor was removed from. I took a dry pull with nothing in and got an intense taste. Tried it a few more times and started to have a reaction. So, repeat inverting burn offs using forced air from the Volcano pump to force air out of the bottom of the CFX. I did this for another 30 minutes (multiple sessions) to be sure enough heat held thru the entire path hot enough for long enough to vaporize the residue in the main entry path at the bottom of the unit. Bowl completely smells like chemicals again after iso'ing. My home smells like a mix between what you smell when the dentist grinds on your teeth, plastic, and silicone, because air was pumping thru the back for so long at high heat.

Anyhow, super disappointed. The puffitup teardown shows a great vapor path, but that path is spoiled by the residuals from production. The factory admitted to this residue that they said of course is from the manufacturing process, but they do not actually know what the chemical is. Anyhow, I was offered to send it in so they could see if they could find one with less smell. I explained after this many burnoffs and the methods I used, this residual oil more than likely would not vaporize by simply getting another unit. They said they would clean it for me, and I thought "That would be great!", and I said "Yes, that would be great. All that needs to be done is remove the path and clean it out". They said they can't take it apart or access the bottom path. So, there is nothing the factory can do to make an oil burn off that came from manufacturing 'If We Don't even have a Clue of the boiling point of this residual oil is to know the temp to vaporize the residue off', and not a one of us can say we know the boiling point of an oil that we nor that manufacturer can identify...

So bummed. Sick, going to medicate. Be back after while.
My reasoning for typing this is for the lurkers with cancer and chemical sensitivities that are not members and are simply researching. Im a research freak, often until I get very nauseous from staying awake and researching too long while my mind is in focus on the subject or object I am studying/researching. Yes, the materials in the path of this product are pure, and you can see that on the puffitup teardown. What you won't hear them speak of and cannot see is the residual oils from manufacturing, but then again Puffitup may have never used the unit to know it needs burnoffs etc. So, medically safe components? Yes, but if you have chemical sensitivities you either need to be prepared to possibly have to return your unit, or steer clear altogether until you see this forum say that either the oil has been identified, the residue is no longer in the units, or the housing is revised for a bottom access port so you can clean it. Again, you cannot clean the long skinny path below the heater. I did ask them on the phone to go ahead and add to their list that these units need to have the grill so it is removable and the bottom of the path is cleanable. As it stands, all dust etc is going straight thru the bottom, entering the path, because there is no filter like on the bottom intake on a Volcano, and when it does build up you cannot access the bottom to be cleaned. The guy on the phone did seem to be in agreement with the verbal tone change after explaining "This unit by fact can never be cleaned completely, because the bottom is not accessible".

I don't want anyone seriously ill like me with extreme chemical sensitivities to be lurking, decide to buy this unit, and then possibly have a reaction. For us extremely sick, we just can't risk inhaling from something that could 'possibly' harm us, and is unidentified. This will be the unit for you if they make the unit accessible on the bottom side. This would allow you to completely clean the unit, but until then...be safe, buy what you know for fact cannot possibly be of any harm to your health. If it is at all in question, steer clear.

EDIT: OK, unbiased. My family has to bring me food every day because of how sick I am, and rarely get to leave home. My Mom just showed up while typing this. I did not explain anything, and I inverted the unit again on the Volcano and I said "Put your nose over it while the air is running out the back and tell me what you smell." to get an unbiased opinion from someone not expecting any odor. She said "It smells like plastic", and this was after the however many hours Ive been trying to get rid of the smell and taste.
If anyone feels that the oil is safe, keep in mind what happens when someone with Amalgam fillings simply chews gum. It releases vapor and absorbs in the roof of your mouth etc. In a lifetime, someone could chew gum every day for 70 years, and at 70 years those Amalgam fillings still release vapor. It does not vaporize and stop harming your body, and it is not like herb where heating it enough times will do so, and for all we know, this oil could release chemicals for years of use. No way to know because again, no one knows what it is to say they know exactly what it's doing to us, and to simply "assume" it is safe is a big gamble. Again, assuming that over a period of time this unknown chemical will evaporate or vaporize and no longer release is unknown, regardless of opinions, they will never make facts. This issue is simply left at question. We don't know if the oil would be like herb, eventually vaporizing, or like Amalgam fillings, and every use of the unit is possibly putting something bad in your body, but no one knows, again, since no one knows what the oil is to even know the boiling point. Obviously it is way above the 430-440 degree range, because the smell still pours into my house everytime I inverted and try a burnoff again. I understand that proud owners will no like this post, but again, this is for the lurkers who are very sick with major chemical sensitivities and researching this device.
I am sorry that you don't feel well but you also have to understand that what you did makes literally no sense. If you looked at the PuffitUp tear down you should know that the intake / vapor path for the CFX ends right above the bottom screen and the only real complaint about the airpath is that arguably a small amount of air could escape from the internals into the airpath although it's very likely because air follows the path of least resistance and the screen is where you inhale from really. But by BLOWING hot air into the CFX through the mouthpiece you could very well have been overheating multiplie sensitive electronic surfaces while simultaneously blowing air over electronics and back into the airpath...

The vapes are made in a factory so I don't know why having manufacturing oil residue could be considered an issue. Secondly the point of burnoffs is not to try and inhale from the vape after to see if it's dangerous, you have to watch it and then wash with hot water. Also ISO stays around longer than you think and is probably where your headache is from because the vapors from it are highly toxic.

adamster

CF - Capacity: 1300mAh
Output voltage: 3.7V
Heater Wattage: No mention on the site.

CFX - Capacity: 2500mAh
Output voltage: 7.4V.
Heater wattage: 80W of power

The heater itself on both units may both be 80W, but I'm not sure.
I got the CF. So far it's a disaster. I get very little or no vapor. I am wasting material.
It gets clogged immediately. To the company's credit, they had someone answer me on a Saturday night.
All he says is I am probably putting the material in the mouthpiece section. This is not the case. I understand that there are 2 sections under the removable mouthpiece. U want the deeper one then place the 2 part mouthpiece. Nothing. I am very upset and disappointed. I see there is no recourse but to spend $300 on a vaporizer, get one of the high ends, these cheaper models are just not working. I am really distressed this is my one day off to enjoy and now I am away from home with nothing.

adamster,

Cl4ud3

In their credit they stated they have had very little returns due to faults but these things do happen. You sound like you know how to use/load it so I won't insult you by going over tips.

Cl4ud3,

adamster

I got the CF. So far it's a disaster. I get very little or no vapor. I am wasting material.
It gets clogged immediately. To the company's credit, they had someone answer me on a Saturday night.
All he says is I am probably putting the material in the mouthpiece section. This is not the case. I understand that there are 2 sections under the removable mouthpiece. U want the deeper one then place the 2 part mouthpiece. Nothing. I am very upset and disappointed. I see there is no recourse but to spend $300 on a vaporizer, get one of the high ends, these cheaper models are just not working. I am really distressed this is my one day off to enjoy and now I am away from home with nothing.
I want to send it back. They should at least label each part what it supposed to mean. The mouth piece gets clogged immediately so you get maybe 10 percent.

adamster,

beefsupreme

I got the CF. So far it's a disaster. I get very little or no vapor. It gets clogged immediatelyI am wasting material.

Honestly Adam by that description - it gets clogged immediately, says to me something about how you're using it is off. It sounds like you perhaps are not getting the material into the right spot - and you wouldn't be the first to load it in half the mouthpiece btw. Take a look at this picture, the ground material goes in the body with the white ceramic bowl, not in the part connected to the mouthpiece. https://consciouswholesale.com/images/resize/product_zoom/13719-boundless-CF-bowl-detail.jpg

adamster

I know. I said that. The material goes all the way on the bottom. then there is one piece on top. then the actual swivel mouthpiece. Same thing, it gets clogged. I clean it first so that there is strong airflow then I start the session. It gets clogged. I am getting a very tiny amount of anything. What do I do? I give up.

adamster,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@adamster: this thread wouldn't be 77 pages long if these vapes were simply not working at all.

Chances are that you either have a faulty unit or that your technique is not right.

If it gets clogged, to me it sounds like you are drawing way too hard. Try tamping down your material to create some resistance (local vacuum) and give time to the hot air to properly exchange its calories to the load, and draw much more slowly.

KeroZen,

adamster

Honestly Adam by that description - it gets clogged immediately, says to me something about how you're using it is off. It sounds like you perhaps are not getting the material into the right spot - and you wouldn't be the first to load it in half the mouthpiece btw. Take a look at this picture, the ground material goes in the body with the white ceramic bowl, not in the part connected to the mouthpiece. https://consciouswholesale.com/images/resize/product_zoom/13719-boundless-CF-bowl-detail.jpg
ok u load the material on the lower part as u show. then close it up. It's not producing vapor that is reaching me. it's clogged. I clean out the mouthpiece before I try. I can breath in air from the mouthpiece. Once I do one draw it clogs.

adamster,

Vitolo

Vaporist
is the material super fine?
That is the purpose of the EQ basket.. it stops the fine material from sucking up against the tiny holes in the silver filter and allows a hit without clogging.

Last edited:

Yoosh

ok u load the material on the lower part as u show. then close it up. It's not producing vapor that is reaching me. it's clogged. I clean out the mouthpiece before I try. I can breath in air from the mouthpiece. Once I do one draw it clogs.

Try packing a bowl by hand (ripping tiny nugs and shoving them in there--tamp down the load as well). Then remove the mouthpiece screen altogether and hit the vape without it. If you aren't getting substantial, consistent vapor from this then your unit might be defective. Best of luck

Esmeralda

I have that problem sometimes. I agree with putting a broken up nug in instead of grinding it. I also have some of those tiny pipe flowers I got off Amazon. I put one at the bottom and two at the top. Helps a lot. Kind of weights the flower down so it doesn't get sucked up.
And yes, it took me almost half an hour to figure out I was putting the herb in the wrong place. If it wasn't for pictures on the internet and You Tube videos, I never would have figured it out!

adamster

ok sorry it works now. I was missing the final oven step. They really should label the parts it would be a big help.
My initial feeling is that this is very good and smooth vapor. I am using the lowest temp. By this time I didn't have much material left so I am very impressed with the quality of the vapor with such little material. The flow is very impressive. I suppose I will get used to the technique, it seems like more to do than in previous. My last was the XMAX pen, which was simpler to operate and very harsh vapor. I looked to replace it because of the harsh, and I am happy with the CF in that regard. I like the stealth here more as well. The pens are larger, this I can palm and is less conspicuious. It looks like it could be any sort of device. I feel comfortable if someone at work notices it. It doesn't look like anything particular, could be some kind of charger or communications.

adamster

One other question, I have a hash, and was wondering if I can put it in the cartridge.

It is a very soft high end Morrocan hash 'Heya' is what I was told. I did put such hash in the XMAX and it was 'interesting' effect of the hash but not quite as good as making an edible with the hash. I tried cart there as well but it didnt' do much. I don't like to combust hash even though I have heard this is the best way, I don't agree, I did combust this hash with a friend last Sunday and the effect was mild, whereas the edible is trippy. I don't usually like trippy but it can get the better you, very enjoyable.

adamster,
Reactions: Yoosh
Top Bottom