Best rosin press for beginners?

arb

Semi shaved ape
I have a twenty ton press and sometimes use all of it. It depends on a few factors, like the size of the puck and so on.
I do vertical packs for flower in two 3x5 nags with 20 grams each.
I only do flat bags with kieff and its usually 70 grams in a 3x5 but that's lo pressures again.
Not seeing too many people who don't grow or have easy access doing that much?

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Please don't misunderstand. I'm not saying you're wrong with your choice. If it works for you, then rock it!

I am very inexperienced with rosin pressing, but have been reading up on it a bit over the last few of years because I eventually want one, but I have yet to pull the trigger. So my questions are only intended to learn from you and others with more experience.

It was my understanding that anything less than a few tons just isn't very efficient, and I recognize that may be wrong, which is why I asked. My apologies if it came off as if I was insulting your choice in any way.

I see other popular presses that are around 6 tons which are in the same price range as your rocket. That's another reason I'm asking. With that big of a difference, but a similar price, I'm trying to get a handle on which direction I should go.
I bought my Rosinbomb Rocket on 420, so the sale was good. The Rocket came with a carrying case and a few odds and ends ( storage jar, papers), and was $420.
For that price, I am more than pleased at the performance. The carrying case is handy for storage, and if I had a need to take the press with me it would carry what I need, and at under 15 lbs.
The Rocket could sit on the kitchen counter, but I keep as few small appliances out as I can to cut down on kitchen clutter, so the Rocket stays its case on a bookshelf holding cookbooks. I pull it out, plug it in, and while it preheats I weigh out about 3 grams, press, put papers in freezer, do another puck, repeat. When I've pressed what I want, I cool and clean the plates and put her away, scrape up the rosin to put in containers and I'm done. It's quick, it's easy, and I can press rosin at any time I feel the need for about the same effort as making a waffle.
The press portion is done by pushing a button. After you figure out time and temp, it's easy. I press what I think I need for the week, and have done my best to not get carried away and press daily. I want a balance between flower, rosin and edibles. Of course, if I get a bumper crop, all bets are off and I'm slathering the rosin on as a face mask and hair treatment, and dancing naked around the house. I'm not there yet, but fingers crossed.
When I bought the Rocket, I knew it might be a starter unit. I figured if I bought a bigger press later, the Rocket would be a nice portable, if my life took an interesting turn, and I needed to press rosin in hotel rooms or at the houses of friends, or new acquaintances. So far, I'm pleased at how easy it is to press what I need, and haven't thought of needing or wanting more, which is good because I have many self identified need areas related to cannabis and supplies, and this way I can wildly spend on something else.
Really, it's well worth $420.

DrRishi

I have a Nugsmasher mini but that is only really good for a very small sample. I press 10g of herb at a time between 5x3 plates. Ordered the plates online, added a separate temperature control (I didn't like the idea of the temperature being measured from the heating element so I added an external thermostat to each plate). Then I purchased a garage type 12 tonne press. Thats pretty much it, nothing really to assemble. Pretty sure the whole thing cost less than Euro 500 and now I can press 10g giving me 2g of concentrate (Gorilla Glue Auto).

Aero

Raw Addict
I ordered ltq KP-4 its 4ton press, heard a lot of good things from the people who got to use it. cheap and nice for beginners.
let me fix myself and say that I'm an idiot that I recommended this press, it died on me on the 5th press. I'm going hardcore on the devices sow if you really press with all your power this machine will not hold your hand strength... I am truly sorry for this recommendation and changed my mind to dabpress after using it more than 100times.

Top Bottom