Best of the Lotus Vaporizer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

natural farmer

My screens need changing only every couple of months with at least 8 bowls of use per day. My routine is the following: I finish the load, I tamp it out, I give a good blow from the mouth end to the pipe, then a good blow in the bowl. I brush the inside of the bowl a little with a MFLB brush and blow a couple more times in the bowl and the mouth end and then take a hard draw with my tongue close to the hole so bits and pieces get sucked and stick to the edge of my tongue. I either swallow or clean my tongue with my fingers and that's it. When the walls of the bowl begin to gum up I put a couple of ISO drops on a cotton swab and brush the inside of the bowl and it's like new again. Once or twice a week I will soak the pipe with the screen removed in some ISO and pass a pipe cleaner through it. A hot water rinsing and some soaping if you feel like it and the pipe is like brand new again! Simple and fast. If you take a little care when removing them (I use a dentist's tool or a bent paper clip that I insert from the screw hole and push the screen up), the new screens last quite a while!! :)

natural farmer,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

natural farmer

I don't know about Lotus 2.0, but my current Lotus kicks some major ass!!! :D

I am usually filling the bowl with whole nugs these days... Controlling the temp has become second nature by now and I don't even think about flame height much. I can achieve perfect roasting of the nug on all sides with 2-4 tasty hits, then lightly crumble between my fingers on my palm and scoop it in the al stem. Then I take a huge full taste hit and am usually done. If I want to be destroyed, I finish the bowl with another 4-6 big hits or else I finish it with a second session later!
It gets a very resinous herb to achieve so many hits, mind you. With lesser buds or leafy, dry Sativas it can go down to 2-3 hits only. And my hits are hot and short (5-8 secs long)!
Ahhh... I love my lotus and my herbs... :)

King

Accessory Maker
Me too! I'm still in awe about how well I know my lotus now. No counting, no nothing. I get perfect hits, everytime. It's like playing an instrument. And the music is beautiful.

I wonder why there are no "professional" reviews on this yet? On YouTube every other vaporizer is covered, but not this one. It deserves a spot next to the best vapes on the market. Everyone into vapes should know about the lotus.

This review isn't on youtube, maybe you'll still enjoy it? I wrote it.

[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-the-lotus-vaporizer-thread.16733/']
[/URL]

King,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have been using several heavy hitters, and often reach for the lotus through out the day. It can be a light or heavy hitter depending on how you like it, user controlled, pretty instant milking, and the density of the clouds I blow out can easily compare to my Sublimator, Heat Island and the Cloud that I used to have. I do love the portability of it, once you get the hang of the heat process, it's a power house. I just aim for the center of the plate with the torch till I see a glow start then I start to pull back a bit, enough to keep it just barely glowing, might do a tiny circle motion, keeping it close to the center and that seems to produce thick, high temp hits that I love. Once I see it milking up I pull back on the heat and let the rest of the ambient temp finish the hit which cools your load and keeps it from heating further. If I had to make a choice to keep only one vape out of the collection I've amassed so far, it would have to be the lotus.

vapelvr

Wow, I thought the Firefly gave the tastiest hit — I was wrong. The Lotus kicked it's ass. Impressed, I need to think about this, wow.

I'm sitting here stunned as well. I don't understand it yet, but I am so impressed I'm going to read every last post again in this thread until I do..... I'm as ripped off of a couple hits of flower and a big hit of full melt hash as I was off of several power bursts earlier today off the Persei with the SR71 after a fresh load of Honeycomb wax. I usually find flowers unable to take me anywhere beyond where a few nice dabs takes me. For some strange reason, this is an exception. I'm at a whole "different" level, the Lotus is such an innocent looking device, and a simple visual of it even in your hands just doesn't seem like it could be able to do what it is doing.

The wax in the Persei was beautiful as well and yet it didn't leave me as deeply baked as i am now on fewer hits. I'm completely shocked,

I didn't get the Lotus to work the first few attempts, so I do see a small learning curve, but should be intuitive within a few more sessions. To begin with, I was using the wrong torch, too strong, too hot, it even combusted what was left of my first half full bowl finally, although after I was able to get a few semi-impressive clouds but a bit toasty taste. I didn't think that much of it until it hit me over the next 15-30 minutes. So at this point, I really didn't get great flavor due to my lack of using the proper torch and timing, so still just am commenting on the quality of the level of medication per amount of hits and material, not even going to comment a thing about the flavor yet as I am quite sure I will figure it out. I don't have the technique down although the hash hit was defintely a full, rich flavor, so regardless, I'm still blown away and won't need to chain vape like I usually do with the usual portables (solo, inhalater xp, PnPro, Persei/ Omicron) and a new Ascent I haven't tried out yet.

I hope to comment on after the TPC show coming up this week. 2 shows in 2 weeks is brutal. I do go to the shows and sometimes pick up show specials to help offset my addiction to new vapes, so will be going through a lot of show special items i picked up at Champs and will pick up this week also.

After the beyond words, but closest attempt is "more than pleasant surprise" with the Lotus and its handling of flowers and the Hash, I can't wait to recover a bit more so I can see how some super pure, purged concentrate will taste and feel in this, so I'll let you know how that goes soon.....

I guess this is what people who have the Cloud, Sublimator, Herbie and now all of the recent loyal Lotus devotees have been trying to explain but it is something you need to experience. It's difficult for those of us wanting to know in advance, as there is no way whatsoever I could have imagined how this would feel and the attempts other FCers have made to explain how differently the Lotus affects them, I get it now! The challenge of trying to explain the "feeling" differences between this and other vaporizers is difficult at best. I am intrigued and want to see how it treats the different types of concentrates, so again, I intend on experimenting as my brain allows me as this is pretty deep stone peeps, not sure why.....

I will finalize my summary of the Lotus by just saying, it takes you to a way deeper place that is quite amazing...

vapelvr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah, I bent my stir stick a few degrees so it would clear some of my other pieces. Still functions just fine. Glad you are enjoying yours Snidely. I found that volume and drag of various pieces changed how the lotus performs. It really relies on draw speed. Some of my larger pieces are harder to milk than the smaller, more restricted ones.

Just having a little fun... :D

jambandphan03,
Reactions: kahlilhc

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
BTW, just noting that my Jobon is acting up some. It doesn't always "re-set" it's ignitor once flame button is released. I have to flick it down and release by letting it click itself back up. Thus setting the ignitor ready for clicking.
I have a second unit coming, so once here, I'll be taking this one apart to see if repairable. I have had other lighters go south down this same road. I kind of think it's parts wearing but had higher hopes for this guy. Will advise once investigated.
The mystery for this lighter has been solved and corrected. It had gotten worse and was rarely resetting itself for a click.
So disassembled it.

P1070019_zpsec9621da.jpg

I found that the ignitor itself was to blame. There is a pin in the part that was getting stuck and not slipping into place smoothly. I could manually push it into place and the unit would work.
Note to self: Don't hold from the front while testing. Causes many swear words and it fucking hurts....

37424ed5-2695-4974-b145-4f6cf680bd55_zps51b13430.jpg
31ba952f-54ae-4325-900c-4195fec4ce60_zps68bfa4f5.jpg

Now lucky for me, I had some of these ignitors from when I was repairing my IOLite a couple years back. At the time I had gone to the dollar store and bought a selection of cheap torches. Took out the ignitors, as they are all very close to being the same, and picked the best one that "felt" the best and had a solid click. I kept the other good ones. I think I got the runner up?

20e400ff-31f2-4234-958e-5793bfd72cbd_zps32e6f24e.jpg
00ae2856-e646-4c29-afcd-1e39f8bff1e8_zpsf1ff55ff.jpg

Also found that you can choose your flame size "range" with the placement of the bottom twist plug. It pulls strait out, so can easily be adjusted if your flame is out of usable range or resting at an extreme end.

All is GOLDEN...:tup:

Pipes,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom