• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gear Best Clearo for Pure Gold?

baltik

Haywood - can u determine whether the replaceable atomizer heads are SS or plated?

baltik,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Not sure about the inner chimney, but the rest appears to be SS. The genuine replacements I have appear to be identical to the ones that come with the ATm.

Haywood,

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
How much leaking have you guys had with the newer coils?

I think I got a gen one with my protank3mini. The wicks stick out on the sides.

I poured one and a half grams of mixed oils and it all leaked out

I really want to like it but I am still mad at my wasted oil.

So I wanted to check what luck you guys had with the new coils.

thisperson,

walrus

@Haywood I had the exact same experience with the aerotank mini airflow control at first. I used a tiny piece of scotch tape to keep it locked at my desired airflow setting. Mine seems to have stiffened up a lot over time and now it stays at my setting about 80% of the time without any tape. Also, I liked a very restricted draw at first, almost totally closed down. Lately I've started to prefer a much more open draw (about halfway on the dial or even slightly more than half) and the heads keep up with wicking just fine. I don't use PG, just EJmixed concentrates and my latest batch is a bit thinner than normal so that may have something to do with it.

walrus,

fernand

What's the thing with plated brass vs. stainless steel? I mean how did this get started, who's concerned with what (I presume) toxic effect?

I just got a MiniTank3. No Air adjust.
It came with one of the 1.5 ohm heads, but with protruding wicks.

My previous Kangaroomfull was

1) an AeroTank Mini and
2) a ProTank2 Mini, plus
3) spare Protank2 and Protank3 heads with protruding wicks.

These MiniPT3 are like $8.50 stateside shipped as opposed to $23 shipped for the Aerotank Mini.

@Haywood, oh YEAH. That air control ring needs a little re-work.

But what's really odd is the mix and match. Photos of the AeroTank Mini show a variety of base parts. The newest one has threading far up, away from the head itself, unlike the PT2 way. And the AeroTankMini material is a semi-matte Stainless, while the ProTank3 has the glossy plate. Little changes, mix and match to (no doubt) get rid of the old inventory. I loved my AeroTank Mini until it took a tumble and now it looks a little retar... no ... stoopi.... no .... intellectually challenged? Fucked UP. Something bent. As unmistakable as the girl with toilet paper in her bra and that long lost look in her eye - the one without the patch.

But WHERE are the ceramic wicks used? Are the next gen non-protruding wick heads hiding them?

I realize this is a question for NIDA or Betty Ford, not FuckCombusion, but Dear Betty, ever since I just said NO to Nicotine, and went from a diabolical 8 mg/ml to 0 mg/ml, I find I can't stop chain-vaping. Well, "find" may not be the right word. My office is going to need a foghorn so I can find the door.

fernand,

deepfried510

I have been lurking in this thread for a while now. It really seems like the Sapphire carts are really the best suited for the job, but followed closely by the mPT3. I have been using the Sapphires with CO2 extracts, and I haven't tried PG yet. While I haven't tried the mPT3, I have been using the Kanger T3S tanks for ejuice, and I like them except for the fact that they burn my juice rather quickly on my ego battery. I don't want to use them with my concentrates, but I am highly considering snatching some mPT3s if I can find a good deal in the near future. Meanwhile, I just ordered some more Sapphires. I may have to snatch up some PG in the future to see what all the fuss is about.

deepfried510,

Hoosier

Io my advice is once a Kanger dual coil atty (of any version) starts to leak, replace it with a fresh one... (They only cost a buck or two and it's easy to get any remaining PG out of the old atty).

Can you describe your process for extracting remaining liquid from old atty?

Hoosier,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
There isn't much remaining liquid to speak of; a few drops worth. I "wipe" the exterior down using a wooden toothpick. I take a couple of pliers and separate the inner chimney and use the toothpick to push any oil from the air tube. I then remove the two coils and flavor wick, and remove the oil from the chamber. One could also drop the atty into some, e.g., ethanol, and then evaporate the eth.

On another note having to do with the Kanger clearos, they've just released three new low ohm atty's for use in any of their gen 3 clearos (PT3, mPT3, all the AeroTanks, etc.), in 0.8Ω, 1.0Ω, and 1.2Ω resistances. Here's a link to order some (I haven't). Note that the price is a bit steep ($13/five pack) and will probably come down in a few weeks when "everyone" has stock. These three new resistances are in addition to the 1.5Ω and 2.0Ω attys currently available, and have non-protruding wicks as well.

How much leaking have you guys had with the newer coils?
I think I got a gen one with my protank3mini. The wicks stick out on the sides.
I poured one and a half grams of mixed oils and it all leaked out
I really want to like it but I am still mad at my wasted oil.
So I wanted to check what luck you guys had with the new coils.

I never had that kind of leakage with either the original (wicks protruding) or newer (wicks NOT protruding) genuine Kanger attys. When mine finally leak, they start with a gurgle when inhaling, and removing the clearo shows a tiny drop of liquid on the top of the battery contact, and the air pathway in the bottom of the atty positive contact has some juice in it.

Haywood: I had the exact same experience with the aerotank mini airflow control at first. I used a tiny piece of scotch tape to keep it locked at my desired airflow setting. Mine seems to have stiffened up a lot over time and now it stays at my setting about 80% of the time without any tape. Also, I liked a very restricted draw at first, almost totally closed down. Lately I've started to prefer a much more open draw (about halfway on the dial or even slightly more than half) and the heads keep up with wicking just fine. I don't use PG, just EJmixed concentrates and my latest batch is a bit thinner than normal so that may have something to do with it.

Since I (currently) use my clearos for Pure Gold only (I use a Joye bridgeless atty for my non-liquid concentrates), and I'm very happy with the fixed airflow when using the mPT3 base, I doubt I'll go back to using the ATm adjustable airflow base. Maybe if I start mixing my non-liquid concentrates with EJMix it'll be worth experimenting again...

What's the thing with plated brass vs. stainless steel? I mean how did this get started, who's concerned with what (I presume) toxic effect?

I presume it's concern that if the plating ever wears off, and the brass happens to have some lead content, there could be lead vapor getting into you. I have no idea if (1) the chrome plating can wear off, or (2) that there's any lead in the brass. I found zero taste difference (or any other difference, other than a slight weight difference) between the mPT3 and the AeroTank Mini.

fernand said:
I too find it hard to justify the price difference.

fernand said:
Haywood: oh YEAH. That air control ring needs a little re-work.
But WHERE are the ceramic wicks used? Are the next gen non-protruding wick heads hiding them?
The new atty's use the same silica wicks that the original ones use.

Last edited:
Haywood,
Reactions: Trichoma

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
On a dabber/rba I can see .8 being useful, but in a tank like the PT3 what advantage does it have with pure gold and the like?

lesvape,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Notice where I said: "Here's a link to order some (I haven't)"

I see no need either, but remember these same attys fit in the AeroTank Mega (and a lot of Kanger tanks), and I can absolutely see some of the e-cig cloud chasers that live in the sub-ohm RDA world loving the ability to sub-ohm on a tank.

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I forgot that some people actually use PT/AT for something besides oil/pure gold. Come to think of it, I may get some 1.2ohms to use for e-liquid on my T3D.

lesvape,

fernand

@Haywoood what exactly do you prefer in the tanks over the BUDs if dry hits could be averted?

I see the kangers as a bit more maintenance & work compared to the disposable BUDs. The BUD is small, oils are preciou$$. I chain vape nic juice, and sip cann-juice. Maybe if those concentrates were cheaper I'd look at it differently.

There are so many junctions in a tank and a smidge of leaking is almost inevitable. E-juice mops right up with a damp kleenex, oils are sticky.

If I burp a BUD by pulling the fill plug before a session I don't get dry hits. I don't see any reason to avoid plastic if it holds up. Testing the BUDs with glycerin and glycols I haven't had any leaks.

I think you hit it on the head. The heads dont last forever.

The PT2 heads are roomier inside, more space for leaks once the wicks no longer form a barrier. But if you replace the head as soon as it lets liquid build up (and gurgles), it should work same as a PT3.

Did you see the ceramic wicks Kangertech is boasting about?
http://kangertech.com/new.asp?ids=4#

It's hard to generalize from individual success or failure reports because of the huge number of variables.

The BUD theoretically only lets liquid in through the little tube that the vertical wick sits in. More chance of a dry hit, less chance of leaking? Your thoughts?

Last edited:
fernand,

KINetics

I have two tiny 350mAh fixed voltage eGo batts I use for extreme stealth. For some reason, they seem to work fine with the 1.5Ω Type 2 atty. 4.0V output, I think. Go figure.

@Haywood Do you have a link to where you purchased the 350mah ego batteries? Are these passthrough w/mini usb port charging?

KINetics,
Reactions: Trichoma

baltik

Took my mpt3 camping this weekend loadad with a 70% shatter 30% ej mix, this setup has worked flawlessly at home for 3 weeks. As soon as temps hit 80s the whole thing leaked out the bottom, such a bummer. Thinking about finding a rubber insert of some sort to place between the battery and the atomizer when it's not in use... Any ideas?

baltik,

thisperson

I'm curious as to which coil you are using for the mPT3. Is it the protruding wick one? I have that one and it leaked for me too.

thisperson,

thisperson

Those are the first generation ones. Have you seen this post?

I still need to order some myself. :D

thisperson,

walrus

One tip about the protanks leaking in hot weather. Store them vertically but upside down when not in use, then unscrew the bottom section from the tank to "burp" them before use. This should drastically reduce or eliminate leaks due to hot weather. It was in the 90's here today and I had to leave my aerotank mini in a car for a few hours. Took it off of the battery and took off the drip tip and left it standing on its top in a cupholder. Burped it when I got back and it works great with no leaking. I actually haven't had any leaking at all from the aerotank yet but the same technique used to work with my mini pt2 which leaked often.

215z

+1 upside down. I cross the San Francisco bay twice a day, the train tunnel is 135ft below sea level. I just keep my Kayfun upside down in my pocket and am good.

215z,

arrr

+1 upside down. I cross the San Francisco bay twice a day, the train tunnel is 135ft below sea level. I just keep my Kayfun upside down in my pocket and am good.

Do you use your kayfun with ejmix ed bho?

arrr,

calimed

I have been loving bho thinned out with 90/10 PG/VG in a kayfun with a cotton wick build. The clouds I'm getting are much bigger than most standard tanks or the bud carts.

It is easy to cough though with more than a 1.5-2 second drag. Not sure if that is due to the high PG or the oil that was used for the mix (dark and gooey, not A grade).

Top Bottom