Best cartridges for distillate

Airistech

Manufacturer Rep
Manufacturer
I can get distillate in a jar for about $20, but the distillate carts are atleast $40/g around me, so I've been looking for some I can fill myself, I'd also be able to use a bigger tank for a mod if there's one that works well. I'd like to avoid layg, with distillate that gets messy. Reddit reccomeded the maxvapr v2, vape 710 v2.1, or ccell carts, thanks for any advice!
I recommend you to try our products, VE10 carts and Mystica2 cartridge vapoerizer, great feedback from our distributors and end users, high quality with offerable price:)

Airistech,

Fightingteam

Guess I'll revive a dead thread here as there's lots of good information in it. I read through the thread entirely a few months ago and got a Drizzle which I've liked a lot for pure distillate. I occasionally have clogging issues but it's easily remedied. Just wondered if anyone that had a Drizzle found something they liked better? It's the best on the go device I've had for both stealth/speed hits and never needing to reload for 1-2 weeks at a time.

Fightingteam,

florduh

I've had good luck with both the all ceramic and all glass carts at www.cart.farm

In both, there's no metal coming in contact with the oil. The glass carts are pretty similar to a Drizzle's airflow. Maybe better, it's been a while. I wish there were bigger reusable e-cig tanks that were built with safety in mind when using oil with terpenes. Given how hard it's been for the Cali market to produce compliant carts, it's safe to say any e-cig tank is going to have an issue with heavy metals leaching into the oil.

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
My favourite cart is the Hermes3, I can get the best taste with very good clouds production (I pair mines, 0.5g carts size, with a Uni Pro since it's too short for the Handy) already refilled 3 times and taste is still decent (less good than new though) but I have some clogging issue after the third refill but nothing I can't manage to fix .
I've also had good experience w the Hermes3. Great airflow, no cotton, glass, alumina ceramic are some of its pros. Only time it clogged on me was bringing it to the snow. I guess I didn't do a good enough job of keeping it from freezing.

@florduh thanks for the cart farm tip. I've ordered the glass & ceramic refillable carts to try out.

Last edited:

Airistech

Manufacturer Rep
Manufacturer
I've had good luck with both the all ceramic and all glass carts at www.cart.farm

In both, there's no metal coming in contact with the oil. The glass carts are pretty similar to a Drizzle's airflow. Maybe better, it's been a while. I wish there were bigger reusable e-cig tanks that were built with safety in mind when using oil with terpenes. Given how hard it's been for the Cali market to produce compliant carts, it's safe to say any e-cig tank is going to have an issue with heavy metals leaching into the oil.
nice, try our glass carts at cart farm

Airistech,

Easywider

Simple is the way
Has anyone tried the Ispire Ducore?

Got a cpl in the mail today, really liking them so far.

Duel Ceramic coils with AFC :brow:

Easywider,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Has anyone tried the Ispire Ducore?

Got a cpl in the mail today, really liking them so far.

Duel Ceramic coils with AFC :brow:

Not yet. So far I’ve been testing the SPRK carts. Liking the $2.95 ALL CERAMIC, link below, I bought the “white” version. They have the COA docs on their site.

Where did you buy the ispire ducore carts?

Ive been lurking and learning on a forum thread that’s all about CARTS. These folks buy them by the thousands, so they do a lot of research on them.

Easywider

Simple is the way
Not yet. So far I’ve been testing the SPRK carts. Liking the $2.95 ALL CERAMIC, link below, I bought the “white” version. They have the COA docs on their site.

Where did you buy the ispire ducore carts?

Ive been lurking and learning on a forum thread that’s all about CARTS. These folks buy them by the thousands, so they do a lot of research on them.

Nice! Thanks for the link, loads of info there! I found a thread specific to the Ducore

My go-to set up is SPRK carts on a UNI and I like them a lot

The Ducore if I dare say is putting out some fantastic flavour with about 2-3x the vapour volume (I have the non-white ones). I grabbed them from VPM but they seem to have been PACT ACTed since I last ordered. ( I went to order more :lol: )

biohacker

What cartridges are you all filling these days? Seems like the all ceramic carts such as SPRK and CERALL have taken the glory away from CCELL (until they start making their own all ceramics). I still really like the cotton wick CCELL, but prefer the CERALL just don't know where to buy them.

biohacker,

RustyOldNail

Nice! Thanks for the link, loads of info there! I found a thread specific to the Ducore

My go-to set up is SPRK carts on a UNI and I like them a lot

The Ducore if I dare say is putting out some fantastic flavour with about 2-3x the vapour volume (I have the non-white ones). I grabbed them from VPM but they seem to have been PACT ACTed since I last ordered. ( I went to order more :lol: )

The “Ducore X”, is listed as 13.5mm WIDE, does that fit into a YOCAN UNI PRO?

Measured mine, looks like a 14mm opening, but might be tight.
They do claim they use cotton inside, but so does CCell, and I recently confirmed with PCKT, that their carts also use cotton. Supposedly, some of the all “glass” carts don’t use cotton.

Easywider

Simple is the way

Measured mine, looks like a 14mm opening, but might be tight.
They do claim they use cotton inside, but so does CCell, and I recently confirmed with PCKT, that their carts also use cotton. Supposedly, some of the all “glass” carts don’t use cotton.

Like a glove, well almost. It still needs one notch turn on the dial or there is a slight wobble.

After running a few G's through the X

Pros:
Adjustable airflow, So much airflow.
Flavour, I taste things I have never before using the same oil. It's like putting on a pair of good headphones and hearing new sounds in a song you've played a thousand times before.
Massive clouds ( these are 1ohm carts, I can run up to 3.8v before flavor starts degrading and it hits like a sub ohm e-cig)

Cons:
• I do not understand the drip tip choice.
It's literally a tiny tiny nipple, so bad.
Cloggs every time it sits. I'm so anal with carts, right side up, LACES OUT, proper temp, etc but no matter what I do it always clogs after a rest. It clears in less than a second of preheating but id rather just skip this step.
Oil Consumption This is on the user but massive clouds = massive resource depletion

biohacker

Yes,

The SPRK Ceramic, Cerall CL line, and Ascera are all ceramic no cotton. Hopefully the all glass ones take off, those look pretty cool.

I don't mind the cotton wick because I don't burn them out anymore. A CCELL cotton wick can hold up to .2ml when properly soaked. Perhaps this makes is more suitable for vape bonging vs no wick?

RustyOldNail

Yes,

The SPRK Ceramic, Cerall CL line, and Ascera are all ceramic no cotton. Hopefully the all glass ones take off, those look pretty cool.

I don't mind the cotton wick because I don't burn them out anymore. A CCELL cotton wick can hold up to .2ml when properly soaked. Perhaps this makes is more suitable for vape bonging vs no wick?

Well, you can write SPRK about their carts containing COTTON or not, and see if you get a different response.
A lot of cart makers state “ALL CERAMIC”, but there are other parts. Metal base, some use glue, oring material, etc.
I had received one broken CCell, so I opened it up just to confirm the cotton, have NOT yet broken open either the SPRK metal or ceramic, I bought both types to try.

I wrote SPRK directly as I was curious since I was thinking of trying to clean them in my ultrasonic cleaner. After the first gram the reclaim byproducts starts to leach back out of the inner atomizer, this is the dark stuff you start to see near the intake holes, and begins to contaminate the fresh oil. One of the main reasons the taste changes on REFILLS. While I’m not TOO cheap, I thought a light ultrasonic cleaning session after a gram or two, might clean out the whole thing. Found some advice online where some claimed success doing this, others cautioned that the cotton would get weak or ruined in a US machine, and that would lead to LEAKING. So far I’ve only put 2 full grams of distillate through each cart, then use a new one. I’m saving the used ones for now. People make claims of getting 2-5 refills, or more. Using on lower power would certainly save some life on the actual COIL, but the oil would get pretty funky refill after refill, in my opinion,

That’s the main reason I wrote them, and they replied that COTTON is used. I don’t have a problem overall with cotton, as I’ve been using it for years when building my own ECig coils. If I ever try some all GLASS carts, I would revisit the US cleaner idea.

biohacker

Well, you can write SPRK about their carts containing COTTON or not, and see if you get a different response.

Are you sure they weren't referring to their standard cartridge (not the all ceramic) that actually does have cotton wicking?

A lot of cart makers state “ALL CERAMIC”, but there are other parts. Metal base, some use glue, oring material, etc.

The metal is the base so no contact with oil, and some use pressure fitting (like Cerall) to eliminate the glue, and the orings don't make any contact with the oil? Pretty sure they are all ceramic, and they taste really clean and have more airflow than the CCELLs.

I had received one broken CCell, so I opened it up just to confirm the cotton, have NOT yet broken open either the SPRK metal or ceramic, I bought both types to try.

Why would you need to open the CCELL to confirm the cotton when you can see it right in the intake ports clear as day? Don't even bother opening the standard SPRK on your search lol There is definitely 100% cotton wick in that one.

I wrote SPRK directly as I was curious since I was thinking of trying to clean them in my ultrasonic cleaner. After the first gram the reclaim byproducts starts to leach back out of the inner atomizer, this is the dark stuff you start to see near the intake holes, and begins to contaminate the fresh oil. One of the main reasons the taste changes on REFILLS. While I’m not TOO cheap, I thought a light ultrasonic cleaning session after a gram or two, might clean out the whole thing. Found some advice online where some claimed success doing this, others cautioned that the cotton would get weak or ruined in a US machine, and that would lead to LEAKING. So far I’ve only put 2 full grams of distillate through each cart, then use a new one. I’m saving the used ones for now. People make claims of getting 2-5 refills, or more. Using on lower power would certainly save some life on the actual COIL, but the oil would get pretty funky refill after refill, in my opinion,

I wouldn't clean cotton wick carts, only refill maybe once. I personally feel that the atties are good for about 1ml optimally, and no more than 2ml, so just one refill on a 1ml cart, or multiples on a .5ml, but i'm pretty OCD and these things don't really cost that much. With the ceramic carts I think you could push them longer, but again I don't see the need when they're only a few bucks anyways.

As for those vapor streaks/trails coming out of the ports, I have seen that on the full ceramic carts too. You can research why this happens for yourself, but something to do with back pressure/oxidation IIRC of the oil in the atty. Nothing to be too concerned about, as long as the atty and/or cotton wick are never burning. That will ruin the cart.

RustyOldNail

Are you sure they weren't referring to their standard cartridge (not the all ceramic) that actually does have cotton wicking?

The metal is the base so no contact with oil, and some use pressure fitting (like Cerall) to eliminate the glue, and the orings don't make any contact with the oil? Pretty sure they are all ceramic, and they taste really clean and have more airflow than the CCELLs.

Why would you need to open the CCELL to confirm the cotton when you can see it right in the intake ports clear as day? Don't even bother opening the standard SPRK on your search lol There is definitely 100% cotton wick in that one.

I wouldn't clean cotton wick carts, only refill maybe once. I personally feel that the atties are good for about 1ml optimally, and no more than 2ml, so just one refill on a 1ml cart, or multiples on a .5ml, but i'm pretty OCD and these things don't really cost that much. With the ceramic carts I think you could push them longer, but again I don't see the need when they're only a few bucks anyways.

As for those vapor streaks/trails coming out of the ports, I have seen that on the full ceramic carts too. You can research why this happens for yourself, but something to do with back pressure/oxidation IIRC of the oil in the atty. Nothing to be too concerned about, as long as the atty and/or cotton wick are never burning. That will ruin the cart.

I’ll report back when I crack open the all ceramic one, but that’s what they told me.
My point about the funk, it eventually fouls the oil if you keep refilling.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

I’ll report back when I crack open the all ceramic one, but that’s what they told me.

Looking forward to it! REAL Science!

My point about the funk, it eventually fouls the oil if you keep refilling.

Completely agree, I only run 1ml usually, maybe 1.5-2ml MAX, but with the all ceramic, should be good for a half dozen with a proper ISO soak and dry, unless those silicone gaskets...

Looking forward to your findings!

:popcorn:

biohacker

@RustyOldNail so i've been doing some digging/research and completely lost my interest in SPRK carts (both standard and ceramic). Just have read too many bad things to scare me off. I guess that goes for the PCKT ONE and VRTCL too, but I still want that PCKT 2!

I might have a connect for the Cerall CL carts from a dispensary that grabs them in bulk from ECap Tech. These carts have been absolutely awesome for me, especially the airflow, but also delicious pure taste.

CCELL TH2 and CERALL CL6 for me until I try the all glass carts.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@RustyOldNail so i've been doing some digging/research and completely lost my interest in SPRK carts (both standard and ceramic). Just have read too many bad things to scare me off. I guess that goes for the PCKT ONE and VRTCL too, but I still want that PCKT 2!

I might have a connect for the Cerall CL carts from a dispensary that grabs them in bulk from ECap Tech. These carts have been absolutely awesome for me, especially the airflow, but also delicious pure taste.

CCELL TH2 and CERALL CL6 for me until I try the all glass carts.

Hey Brother!
Just found this and thought it may interest you. Not sure if you have heard of them yet...

lazylathe,

RustyOldNail

Looking forward to it! REAL Science!

Completely agree, I only run 1ml usually, maybe 1.5-2ml MAX, but with the all ceramic, should be good for a half dozen with a proper ISO soak and dry, unless those silicone gaskets...

Looking forward to your findings!

:popcorn:

Here is a PCKT “all ceramic” cart. I ran 2 grams of “Sesh” brand distillate through it, and actually ran it down till half of the intake ports were DRY, then put it away. You can see the older DARK juice that leaches back out into the cart, one of the pluses of these WHITE ceramics, easy to see juice color. NORMALLY, you NEVER want those holes to get empty/dry between REFILLS, and I don’t. So as an experiment, I just ADDED a bit of fresh distillate to this DRIED OUT cart.

Here is what’s interesting to me, looking through the cart, I could see light, so that part of the vertical airpath was clear, ran my “dental floss” through anyway. Put this cart in my YOCAN Pro, used the 1.8v 10 second preheat function. Could NOT pull any air. Realized that since the YOCAN does NOT have “air activation”, the magnetic adapter BLOCKS the BOTTOM airflow hole completely. On this device, the airflow goes through the 2 TINY horizontal holes above the male threaded 510 connector. So the bottom vertical air path is physically blocked by the dead end adapter.

I used a PIN to push through those horizontal holes, several times, but still had AIR BLOCKAGE. This type of DRIED juice, in this area of the cartridge, unlike an internal atomizer block, does not get better using preheat, or manual firing.

So, I switched to my PKCT-2, which DOES have “air activation”, and it’s magnetic adapter does NOT block the vertical air path. The PKCT adapters, have a hole in the bottom of them. So now this cart is working again, but only on the PKCT-2, in either manual or breath activation.

From my ECig days/years, I never liked “air activated”, “auto draw” devices, but in this case, it was the SOLUTION. The other PLUS is when using the device on a water rig, you don’t have to hold any buttons, just DRAW.

When I finish off this TEST cart, I’ll try a 99% ISO soak, to see if a cruded up cart has any chance of being cleaned. At that point, if it looks ok, I may try to vape a tiny bit of thick VG vegetable glycerin, so as not to waste oil, and see if it still works. I may even try my ultrasonic cleaner on it, then try a bit of real oil. Or depending on how each experiment goes, eventually I’ll tear this cart down, to see if there is any Cotten in it, as SPRK customer service said there was.

In the end, I’m probably going to limit my refills to 2 grams per cart, then toss. The OIL is expensive enough that a fresh $3.00 cart, seems the best way to go in any case, unless stranded on a desert island, or just plain broke. :)

2DDE708C-7324-469A-9623-BC9DBC126E88.jpeg

RustyOldNail

Hey Brother!
Just found this and thought it may interest you. Not sure if you have heard of them yet...

A few carts... NONE in stock. But thanks, I’ll check them out in the future.

+++++++++

PKCT-2 - DV Rubber Tip - 14mm-10mm adapter - GRAV “HourGlass”.
Good example where BREATH ACTIVATION comes in handy:

F316C8AE-BAB1-4E1E-A984-ED46E64958A8.jpeg

Last edited:
RustyOldNail,

lazylathe

Almost there...

+++++++++

+++++++++

View attachment 8541
A little bit rusty??
I was merely pointing out that this place has different types of ceramic carts that may interest the poster I was replying to.
Just some other options for carts to research.

Maybe have some coffee and a vape before biting someone's head off?
Please excuse my apparent ignorance for trying to add some info that upset your cereal...

lazylathe,

RustyOldNail

A little bit rusty??
I was merely pointing out that this place has different types of ceramic carts that may interest the poster I was replying to.
Just some other options for carts to research.

Maybe have some coffee and a vape before biting someone's head off?
Please excuse my apparent ignorance for trying to add some info that upset your cereal...

Not sure how you ascertain that I was “upset”, with my post. I reported what I found at that link and said “thanks”!
How is THAT, “biting someone’s head off”?

Perhaps it is YOU that needs some DECAF! :(

RustyOldNail,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Not sure how you ascertain that I was “upset”, with my post. I reported what I found at that link and said “thanks”!
How is THAT, “biting someone’s head off”?

Perhaps it is YOU that needs some DECAF! :(
Look into how to use your CAPS lock...
Bolding certain words let's people know your dissatisfaction with certain opinions when replying.
It is akin to yelling at someone online.
Just an FYI.

No hard feelings, it's just the internet.

Some reading material:

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

Look into how to use your CAPS lock...
Bolding certain words let's people know your dissatisfaction with certain opinions when replying.
It is akin to yelling at someone online.
Just an FYI.

No hard feelings, it's just the internet.

Some reading material:

THANKS, I’m quite aware that the use of ALL CAPS in LONG sentences and PARAGRAPHS is often interpreted as SHOUTING. However, if you reread the entire article that you linked, you would find:
QUOTE FROM LINKED ARTICLE:

“Although it’s usually best to avoid writing in capitals, it can be useful to write odd words in capitals to give them emphasis. HELP! You're going to LOVE the surprise.”

So, the text that I wrote after looking at the cart website link you kindly posted was the following.
I wrote:

“A few carts... NONE in stock. But thanks, I’ll check them out in the future.”

I capitalized the word “NONE”, to give it EMPHASIS, as no one needed to hurry there, as there was no stock, but that I would bookmark it and revisit, and THANKED you!

So this one word that was CAPITALIZED, is what made you sensitive enough to post a baseless claim that I was “upset”? Frankly, I’m shocked at your last few messages to me. While I’m far from perfect, I feel my contributions here, outweigh the few typos or capitalizations I may use properly or not. It’s no wonder that many experienced and helpful members are no longer here, or on a long hiatus.

Since you wrote: “No hard feelings, it’s just the Internet”, curious if you apply the same criticism to every members response to your posts?

In the future, I’ll PM you all my messages before I post them. Please spell and grammar check them, as well as for looking for hidden intentions behind capitalized words. If you don’t have the time, just ignore my future posts, it will SAVE us both a lot of writing.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: lazylathe
Top Bottom