Best cartridges for distillate

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I'm gonna try to fill a SPRK cart for the first time with pure distillate in a luer tip syringe. I want to have the least mess and waste. Just wanted to check if I'm missing any tips to help my process. This is what i'm planning:

1. drop the disty syringe w/o needle in a cup of hot tap water for 5-10 min.
2. Open the SPRK cart
3. Place luer lock needle on syringe and briefly heat needle so it's warm too
4. aim needle into cart and squeeze to fill with a 3/4 turn to avoid bubbles.
5. Fill to just below glass in cart, then cap with mouthpiece.
6. drop the filled cart in hot water so the disty settles to the bottom of the cart.

Sound ok? Is hot tap water good enough to let the disty flow well? Thanks!

I wouldn’t put your finished cart in any water, as it can get in the MP and airpath. Just sit the cart upright, by the time you put the cap on, which you should do within a few minutes after filling, the oil with drain down. The KEY here is to wait till the oil soaks into the ceramics inside, if you are impatient, and hit a DRY cart, you will burn the COTTON, and there is cotton in a SPRK cart, confirmed this with them, as well as breaking apart one myself. Most carts on the market have a bit of cotton which helps feed the ceramics. CCells do as well. They fool us a bit by claiming “full ceramic”, which is kinda true. Anyways, if you burn that cotton, before the oil slowly soaks in, you have a burnt taste until you toss that cart. Some recommend letting the cart soak UPRIGHT…. OVERNIGHT.

I don’t use water at all. I heat the oil filled syringe for about 1.5 minutes on a tiny coffee mug heater, the oil gets thin very quickly, never bothered to heat the metal tip, or the empty cart. Unfortunately, the SPRK carts don’t hold a full ML, so you recap the syringe, and use the remaining to refill again when cart gets near empty. Always store your carts UPRIGHT, to keep oil over the inlet holes. Good luck!

ADDED LINK FROM THEIR SITE WITH FILLING TIPS:

“Once the oil has fully dropped down into the cartridge screw the cap back onto the cartridge and store it upright for at least 2 hours to fully wick. We recommend leaving it overnight to allow for the oil to fully soak into the coils before taking your first hit, but 2 hours is the minimum amount of time before you should take your first hit.”

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I wouldn’t put your finished cart in any water, as it can get in the MP and airpath. Just sit the cart upright, by the time you put the cap on, which you should do within a few minutes after filling, the oil with drain down. The KEY here is to wait till the oil soaks into the ceramics inside, if you are impatient, and hit a DRY cart, you will burn the COTTON, and there is cotton in a SPRK cart, confirmed this with them, as well as breaking apart one myself. Most carts on the market have a bit of cotton which helps feed the ceramics. CCells do as well. They fool us a bit by claiming “full ceramic”, which is kinda true. Anyways, if you burn that cotton, before the oil slowly soaks in, you have a burnt taste until you toss that cart. Some recommend letting the cart soak UPRIGHT…. OVERNIGHT.

I don’t use water at all. I heat the oil filled syringe for about 1.5 minutes on a tiny coffee mug heater, the oil gets thin very quickly, never bothered to heat the metal tip, or the empty cart. Unfortunately, the SPRK carts don’t hold a full ML, so you recap the syringe, and use the remaining to refill again when cart gets near empty. Always store your carts UPRIGHT, to keep oil over the inlet holes. Good luck!

ADDED LINK FROM THEIR SITE WITH FILLING TIPS:

“Once the oil has fully dropped down into the cartridge screw the cap back onto the cartridge and store it upright for at least 2 hours to fully wick. We recommend leaving it overnight to allow for the oil to fully soak into the coils before taking your first hit, but 2 hours is the minimum amount of time before you should take your first hit.”
Thanks @RustyOldNail
I backread the last few pages and saw that you cracked one open for science :science: The SPRKs seem like the best option to avoid cheap carts with metal parts.

I'll try the hair straighter method as I don't have a mug warmer. I was going to fill 2 carts with the one syringe and split it between the two. I was also going to try and top off each cart with a little live resin but might skip that for fear of fucking up my first experience. I don't quite remember the taste of cart vaping pure disty but I don't recall it being that pleasant. I can always open one up later and try to add a little resin for flavor.

BabyFacedFinster,

RustyOldNail

Thanks @RustyOldNail
I backread the last few pages and saw that you cracked one open for science :science: The SPRKs seem like the best option to avoid cheap carts with metal parts.

I'll try the hair straighter method as I don't have a mug warmer. I was going to fill 2 carts with the one syringe and split it between the two. I was also going to try and top off each cart with a little live resin but might skip that for fear of fucking up my first experience. I don't quite remember the taste of cart vaping pure disty but I don't recall it being that pleasant. I can always open one up later and try to add a little resin for flavor.

You are welcome. I’ve yet to get live resin so I don’t know how well it flows, but some simply add a few drops of terpenes. Personally, I don’t vape carts for flavor, as some use botanical derived terpenes, some like “Legion of Bloom” brand (prefilled), use cannabis derived terpenes, and others who knows what, but I use carts mostly for medicating, and for stealth situations, so flavor is not my top priority. Start simple, then experiment.

florduh

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I’ve been using a nord 4 with rpm coil at 5v n absolutely love it. My new go to for distys, hold a ton. Using lemon jack cdt with my distillates and flavor is on point with it.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks @RustyOldNail

Well, it all worked out. I loaded two sprk carts from the disty dart and used a 14m blunt luer tip. The only thing was I didn't heat the dart up enough so I had to squeeze the shit out of the plunger. I was going to use the hair straightener, but the luer cap on the syringe had some disty that dried and caused the cap to be stuck on. I went with the hot water method, which helped free the cap but I didn't soak it long enough.
The distillate hits give a nice, mellow high but are missing flavor. This doesn't matter too much as this is mostly my bedside medicine at night. This method saves me about $20 for every two .5g cartridges plus I get an all ceramic cart. Another benefit, is these pure disty hits don't give off much odor indoors.

biohacker

I've abandoned full ceramic carts for a couple of reasons, but one being that I find them super prone to air pockets, especially over the heater intake ports. My favourite cart hardware is still the OG CCELL or Verified with the cotton wick/ceramic heater.

MinnBobber

I've abandoned full ceramic carts for a couple of reasons, but one being that I find them super prone to air pockets, especially over the heater intake ports. My favourite cart hardware is still the OG CCELL or Verified with the cotton wick/ceramic heater.
With air pockets, will the cart still flow to the heater with some on /off cycles to not burn the juice?

MinnBobber,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

With air pockets, will the cart still flow to the heater with some on /off cycles to not burn the juice?

Eventually yes, but it takes a concerted effort, and it's always a struggle for me with ceramic carts. It's very rare for it to happen with my non full ceramic carts.

biohacker,

gotbadvas

I filled an ikrusher Calibr Pro around 1 week ago. It seems to be of good quality but I am trialing different carts. Anyone test these along with the ccell and metal SPRK? I need to try the SPRK but I will avoid the ceramic for now.

gotbadvas,

Trophyslayer

I use both SPRK carts on a regular basis. They both work great, but the metal seems to hold up better than the full ceramic
Somebody please tell me how to post pictures? I have a really cool way of loading my Davinci stainless steel pods, but I can’t show you without being able to post pictures

Trophyslayer,

tokenknifeguy

Anyone try out them pods or other alternatives to the carts? I got the carts but they clog so easy. Looking for a better alternative and those pod types look good.

tokenknifeguy,

Vinter

This company's thc carts rarely ever clog on me, absolutely awesome.

Vinter,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I ordered a set of carts to fill myself with my own bho+terp, here in europe it's not easy to find empty carts at a decent price... I came across a 10 carts set for 16.76€... but after more search I noticed they are called "G5" and doesn't looks like a high quality cart, if I'm not mistaken the container isn't glass but a sort of plastic and mouthpiece is acrylic, maybe I must cancel my order, isn't it?

I'm used to buy my carts in a German shop, Ccell are 5 or 6€ each, found the Yocan Stix 2.0 carts in a french website looking strange (they are nice, I was tester and liked the production version) at 6€ each per set of 5, or in another french but famous retailer you can get carts but prices are pretty expensive. Is somebody have a nice suggestion to buy empty Ccell or others good quality carts in Europe?

I would be interested to buy the Duocore carts by Ispire but never found where I can buy them, they are only doing wholesale and they don't want to deal with small orders (MOQ is 1000!), do you know where to find the Ispire carts for sale?

PPN,

anasrzi

Trying these out @PPN QC4 carts from Amazon.co.uk out. Bit better than the typical ccell but nothing to shout about overall so far but it's very early days and I feel they need time to bed in (plus I've added a lot more terps).

Used high grade rosin with a drop of PG and terps to thin it a little. Potency is certainly there, needs a uptick on the flavour now.

Wish I'd kept my Qcell now, can't seem to find many cart options either man, maybe we can link in each other if we find something cool?

anasrzi,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Trying these out @PPN QC4 carts from Amazon.co.uk out. Bit better than the typical ccell but nothing to shout about overall so far but it's very early days and I feel they need time to bed in (plus I've added a lot more terps).

Used high grade rosin with a drop of PG and terps to thin it a little. Potency is certainly there, needs a uptick on the flavour now.

Wish I'd kept my Qcell now, can't seem to find many cart options either man, maybe we can link in each other if we find something cool?
Hi, the G5 I ordered looks like really cheap carts, not sure but I'ml afraid the container to be plastic or something similar... So I decided to look for the Ispire Ducore X (and S) carts, I heard good thing about them and tested their older carts 2 years ago and I was very impressed. I didn't found them in Europe and the manufacturer website doesn't sell carts but only e-rigs, you can get a quote but MOQ is too much for me... And I saw vpm.com got the Ispire carts in stock, and despite the huge shipping costs I immediatly placed an order for 8 Ducore "S" and 4 Ducore"X"! I'll let you know my thoughts, I can compare with classic Ccell (TH2), old Ispire full ceramic cart, Yocan Stix 2.0 carts and the Liberty carts sold in the Divine tribe website. I'll let you know soon...

PPN,
Reactions: anasrzi

RustyOldNail

These new carts from PCKT just released. Bought 10.

tokenknifeguy

This company's thc carts rarely ever clog on me, absolutely awesome.

You try any of the other type of fillable pods for distillate or thick oils? I've haven't really looked into them before, but if they an upgrade over vape carts and don't leak I need to make the switch.

tokenknifeguy,
The MaxVapor V2 cartridge is made from high-quality materials and features a top-fill design that can make filling easier and less messy. It also has adjustable airflow, which can allow you to customize your vaping experience. However, some users have reported issues with clogging or leaking.

The Vape710 V2.1 cartridge is also highly regarded for its quality materials and design, as well as its compatibility with a wide range of vape batteries and mods. It is known for producing large, flavorful hits, but some users have reported difficulties with filling and occasional leaking.

The CCELL cartridge is a popular choice for filling with distillate, as it is known for its reliability and consistent performance. It features a ceramic heating element that can provide a smooth, flavorful vaping experience, and it is compatible with a wide range of vape batteries and mods. However, some users have reported that the ceramic heating element can be fragile and may break easily.

Artrix Global,
Reactions: Adobewan
Top Bottom