Best cartridges for distillate

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
If I caN aSk a NeWBiE QuESTion, have you found the ceramic vapes a little limited? I think the vapor from them seem cooler and tastier, but, is it because it is a better technology or a slower one? (In that you can't get the same volume of vapor quickly.)

I’m no cart expert. Since I only bought empty carts to fill from dispensary distillate, so far I have the SPRK in all ceramic and their metal ceramic, as well as some CCell TH2 carts. I have yet to see any major differences, but I just use the Wattage/voltage settings to get more/less vapor.

There is a discussion on the Cart Farmer website that might interest you:

Tranquility

I’m no cart expert. Since I only bought empty carts to fill from dispensary distillate, so far I have the SPRK in all ceramic and their metal ceramic, as well as some CCell TH2 carts. I have yet to see any major differences, but I just use the Wattage/voltage settings to get more/less vapor.

There is a discussion on the Cart Farmer website that might interest you:
It seems like, after the throw-aways of heavy metal poisoning, many feel the same way. Ceramic just does not hit as hard. While I doubt the ratio used in the question, it just seems true. Also, it seems to take a little longer for the oil to uptake into the ceramic vape. If you were to hit one after the other, I believe you'd hit dry/burnt on a ceramic vape earlier than a metal one.

Tranquility,
Reactions: Bologna

RustyOldNail

It seems like, after the throw-aways of heavy metal poisoning, many feel the same way. Ceramic just does not hit as hard. While I doubt the ratio used in the question, it just seems true. Also, it seems to take a little longer for the oil to uptake into the ceramic vape. If you were to hit one after the other, I believe you'd hit dry/burnt on a ceramic vape earlier than a metal one.

Yeah, we either get heavy metals, or ceramic dust!

When I run out of these, I’ll try the all glass ones, I left a link earlier to the website that one of the cart farmers run. Many of his carts are high volume orders, but there are a few available in low quantities. As far as strength of vapor, I’m more then satisfied with output on all the carts I have, even at low voltage. For a HARD hit, I’ll default to my DCup with sapphire dish.

lazylathe

Almost there...
THANKS, I’m quite aware that the use of ALL CAPS in LONG sentences and PARAGRAPHS is often interpreted as SHOUTING. However, if you reread the entire article that you linked, you would find:
QUOTE FROM LINKED ARTICLE:

“Although it’s usually best to avoid writing in capitals, it can be useful to write odd words in capitals to give them emphasis. HELP! You're going to LOVE the surprise.”

So, the text that I wrote after looking at the cart website link you kindly posted was the following.
I wrote:

“A few carts... NONE in stock. But thanks, I’ll check them out in the future.”

I capitalized the word “NONE”, to give it EMPHASIS, as no one needed to hurry there, as there was no stock, but that I would bookmark it and revisit, and THANKED you!

So this one word that was CAPITALIZED, is what made you sensitive enough to post a baseless claim that I was “upset”? Frankly, I’m shocked at your last few messages to me. While I’m far from perfect, I feel my contributions here, outweigh the few typos or capitalizations I may use properly or not. It’s no wonder that many experienced and helpful members are no longer here, or on a long hiatus.

Since you wrote: “No hard feelings, it’s just the Internet”, curious if you apply the same criticism to every members response to your posts?

In the future, I’ll PM you all my messages before I post them. Please spell and grammar check them, as well as for looking for hidden intentions behind capitalized words. If you don’t have the time, just ignore my future posts, it will SAVE us both a lot of writing.
As i said, this is the internet and everyone interprets everything in their own way. Hence the no hard feelings.

It was, from my point of view, an odd choice to capitalize after...

Everyone is different.
I take no offence and apologize that what I said affected you.
This is the reason I tend to stay away from forums and try and post as little as possible, sometimes I cannot help myself... Human error.

Can we move passed this now?
Again, I know zero about carts and this is why I did not elaborate. I had heard from trusted people, they are a trusted source. Since I have zero interest in carts, I did not check stock. My mistake again.

I apolize once again and will be taking another break from the forums as it appears I am not ready to be online yet.

Take care my friend and I will read you posts in the threads that interest me!

RustyOldNail

As i said, this is the internet and everyone interprets everything in their own way. Hence the no hard feelings.

It was, from my point of view, an odd choice to capitalize after...

Everyone is different.
I take no offence and apologize that what I said affected you.
This is the reason I tend to stay away from forums and try and post as little as possible, sometimes I cannot help myself... Human error.

Can we move passed this now?
Again, I know zero about carts and this is why I did not elaborate. I had heard from trusted people, they are a trusted source. Since I have zero interest in carts, I did not check stock. My mistake again.

I apolize once again and will be taking another break from the forums as it appears I am not ready to be online yet.

Take care my friend and I will read you posts in the threads that interest me!

Agreed, it’s just a forum of mostly strangers on the internet. I often just bypass repetitive annoying posts these days, and leave responses to those lucky enough to have an abundance of free time, lonely, or whatever. I come here only to learn and share information. I wish you the BEST! (see how I snuck in the all caps) :)

3E980BBF-03C5-4561-8E43-6E44F1DF6534.jpeg

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: lazylathe

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
So, I finished up one of the 4 "all ceramic" carts and tried to tear it apart, but this is as far as could get without taking pliers to it and probably instantly breaking something... these do hit lighter but still produce a decent amount of vapor... the effects are nowhere near "dab-like" but tasty enough. He had better cheaper CCell style 1 gram carts that were better in every way really except for maybe the overall flavor. I don't think I'll be buying these again. Not worth $35 per .5gm. I'm not a disty fan either.
1B4C9B3C-B234-4175-9213-F690C5D9A0DD.jpeg
If you want these carts to checkout, I'd mail 'em to ya, @RustyOldNail... feel free to PM. The other 3 will be done soon... and none were "cooked".... heh

RustyOldNail

So, I finished up one of the 4 "all ceramic" carts and tried to tear it apart, but this is as far as could get without taking pliers to it and probably instantly breaking something... these do hit lighter but still produce a decent amount of vapor... the effects are nowhere near "dab-like" but tasty enough. He had better cheaper CCell style 1 gram carts that were better in every way really except for maybe the overall flavor. I don't think I'll be buying these again. Not worth $35 per .5gm. I'm not a disty fan either.
View attachment 8633
If you want these carts to checkout, I'd mail 'em to ya, @RustyOldNail... feel free to PM. The other 3 will be done soon... and none were "cooked".... heh

Appreciate the offer. I’ll be breaking mine open soon. I did it to a CCell since it came broken on delivery. I was curious, as all my atomizer experience is with ECig devices. Since they use glue or press fit, pliers and destruction is the only way I know. Cracking the inner ceramic will be interesting. I just want to visually confirm if the SPRK ceramic carts have cotton or not, as their CS emailed me they do. They obviously don’t manufacture these branded carts, and from what I’ve researched the cart business is changing every day, never realized there was so much money being made in the cart business. While carts are not my first vape choice, it’s a nice TINY tool to have.

I looked at that link. $35 for 5 carts. $7.00 each. The SPRK all ceramics are $2.90 EACH, original CCells I bought elsewhere were close to $5 each. Hopefully you will get more then 2 refills at that cost.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Appreciate the offer. I’ll be breaking mine open soon. I did it to a CCell since it came broken on delivery. I was curious, as all my atomizer experience is with ECig devices. Since they use glue or press fit, pliers and destruction is the only way I know. Cracking the inner ceramic will be interesting. I just want to visually confirm if the SPRK ceramic carts have cotton or not, as their CS emailed me they do. They obviously don’t manufacture these branded carts, and from what I’ve researched the cart business is changing every day, never realized there was so much money being made in the cart business. While carts are not my first vape choice, it’s a nice TINY tool to have.

I looked at that link. $35 for 5 carts. $7.00 each. The SPRK all ceramics are $2.90 EACH, original CCells I bought elsewhere were close to $5 each. Hopefully you will get more then 2 refills at that cost.
No, that's where I bought them already filled. He's a caregiver in ME and must get them directly at wholesale from Sea Weed Co (the grower/extraction lab)... they were $35 each if you buy 5, $40 ea otherwise, and they're filled with .5 gm of live resin... I have no idea who manufactures the actual carts... no info anywhere.

Last edited:
Bologna,

RustyOldNail

No, that's where I bought them already filled. He's a caregiver in ME and must get them directly at wholesale from Sea Weed Co (the grower/extraction lab)... they were $35 each if you buy 5, $40 ea otherwise, and they're filled with .5 gm of live resin... I have no idea who manufactures the actual carts... no info anywhere.

Oh, I’m only interested in empty carts as I have no dispensary access as of now. From what I understand, if you are lucky enough to be able to buy FILLED carts, you obviously don’t have a choice of the cartridge brand. I’ve seen ones similar to your photo, that have the larger WIDE juice holes, looks interesting for thick distillates. This cart technology is changing constantly, hopefully getting better....

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Oh, I’m only interested in empty carts as I have no dispensary access as of now. From what I understand, if you are lucky enough to be able to buy FILLED carts, you obviously don’t have a choice of the cartridge brand. I’ve seen ones similar to your photo, that have the larger WIDE juice holes, looks interesting for thick distillates. This cart technology is changing constantly, hopefully getting better....
I understand all this, just wondering if you wanted to check 'em out, smash 'em up to see the innards, or anything else, otherwise, I have zero interest these days in cart tech and they're gettin' tossed... no worries at all...! 👍🏻✌️

RustyOldNail

Well, you can write SPRK about their carts containing COTTON or not, and see if you get a different response.
A lot of cart makers state “ALL CERAMIC”, but there are other parts. Metal base, some use glue, oring material, etc.
I had received one broken CCell, so I opened it up just to confirm the cotton, have NOT yet broken open either the SPRK metal or ceramic, I bought both types to try.

I wrote SPRK directly as I was curious since I was thinking of trying to clean them in my ultrasonic cleaner. After the first gram the reclaim byproducts starts to leach back out of the inner atomizer, this is the dark stuff you start to see near the intake holes, and begins to contaminate the fresh oil. One of the main reasons the taste changes on REFILLS. While I’m not TOO cheap, I thought a light ultrasonic cleaning session after a gram or two, might clean out the whole thing. Found some advice online where some claimed success doing this, others cautioned that the cotton would get weak or ruined in a US machine, and that would lead to LEAKING. So far I’ve only put 2 full grams of distillate through each cart, then use a new one. I’m saving the used ones for now. People make claims of getting 2-5 refills, or more. Using on lower power would certainly save some life on the actual COIL, but the oil would get pretty funky refill after refill, in my opinion,

That’s the main reason I wrote them, and they replied that COTTON is used. I don’t have a problem overall with cotton, as I’ve been using it for years when building my own ECig coils. If I ever try some all GLASS carts, I would revisit the US cleaner idea.

Well, I broke open the SPRK all ceramic (white). There was no way for me to see inside the tiny feed holes behind the glass cylinder, to check visibility for the cotton, but their CS was honest about it.

No knock on SPRK as the majority of carts use cotton for wicking. They may even advertise and say......

FROM PKCT WEBSITE:
“The SPRK Ceramic was built completely out of Ceramic, ensuring that none of your oil or concentrates ever touch metal or other materials.”

Well, cotton seems to qualify as “other materials”, and it’s wicking the oil, so that statement is not 100% accurate. I don’t necessarily have a problem with cotton, used it in all my ECig atomizers for years. But now that I’m sure they contain cotton, I will NOT be trying the ultrasonic cleaning. I will eventually try the all glass ones. Seems running two grams of oil in a cart is about the limit I’ll be using. If desperate, an ISO flush, water rinse, and long dry out, could buy some more life on a cart, but flavor will diminish, and more clogs are possible.

07910D7C-5C8D-40FD-A281-9189DAE0B953.jpeg067B00A5-173E-433F-ABFA-5A322CE90F57.jpeg

biohacker

Hey thanks @RustyOldNail for posting that! That's bullshit and misleading but not surprising. This is the all ceramic cart (no cotton) that I use, and I just cleaned my first one and it looks like new after 1ml through it (no issue with iso on the seals). Looking forward to the refill and seeing what taste and performance are like. So far i'm still preferring my cotton CCELL TH2, but those go in the trash after 1ml.

RustyOldNail

Hey thanks @RustyOldNail for posting that! That's bullshit and misleading but not surprising. This is the all ceramic cart (no cotton) that I use, and I just cleaned my first one and it looks like new after 1ml through it (no issue with iso on the seals). Looking forward to the refill and seeing what taste and performance are like. So far i'm still preferring my cotton CCELL TH2, but those go in the trash after 1ml.

Yeah, read about those Ceral’s on that cart site, they seem quite popular, I have to find a source that sells low quantities.

Did you feel it necessary to iso clean after only 1 gram?

Those CCells should be good for at least one refill, total of 2 grams, no?

I’ve only tried my .5 CCell, don’t like the smaller size, two grams means filling them 4 times. I have the 1gram CCell’s to try also, so at this point I’ve only tried those, and the two different SPRK carts.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

Did you feel it necessary to iso clean after only 1 gram?

I was getting a lot of clogs after the first 0.5ml and was just going to toss it but decided to dunk it instead then dry properly. I'll fill it with some tasty co2 oil (maybe half way) and let you know what it's like.

Those CCells should be good for at least one refill, total of 2 grams, no?

I dunno, I get them for a really good price and put in very expensive high quality co2 oil so I don't push it, but generally should be ok if you don't have any issues with bad tastes or clogs, or gross looking cotton intake ports.

I’ve only tried my .5 CCell, don’t like the smaller size, two grams means filling them 4 times. I have the 1gram CCell’s to try also, so at this point I’ve only tried those, and the two different SPRK carts.

I prefer the 0.5ml myself, especially for the uni twist, but also because I vape bong a lot and find them fresher. But I also like the 1ml for parties or getaways, everyone always wants what I have! lol

LeftBased

Ccells are great. However the inner core only holds like 0.15g of distillate at a time.. if you are a big vapor you have to let cart rest so ceramic core refills with the oil. Ccells have good taste and good vapor production. I hope you are using cannabis derived terps (CDT). Because botanical derived terps (BDT) just dont smack the same as CDT. BDT does offer sweet candy flavors but entorague effect isnt as great as the CDTs.

MinnBobber

I am about to try cartridges again. Previously the additives (MCT, PG, etc) really messed up my throat and lungs. Immediately gave them up.

Our MN Medical now has pure tested distillates with re- introduced cannabis terps and no additional additives.

They sell carts, $125 for 1000 mg and syringes with 2000 mg for $199.
Makes me want to go with syringe but then need
refillable carts.

— What carts are best for flavor chaser?
…SPRK by PCKT? Ceramic but with some cotton.
$2.95 seems like a cheap price
…Cerall CL by E Cap Tech? Cannot even find a price and maybe only sold in big volume?
- can both be used as threaded or with screw on magnetic adapter , like for my Ccell body?

I just ordered Yocan Uni Pro with adjustable Voltage for low temp option (2.0V to XX)

Note: dispensary sells Kandy Pens Rubi refillable BUT it’s a 3.7 V unit….. how much will that degrade taste ???

Note: juice is very limited with 3 or 4 choices:
Considering:
-Red with 76% THC and 4% CBD
-Yellow with 69% THC and 11% CBD
Same price for either. I would usually go for higher THC %.

Your experience or suggestions welcomed.

MinnBobber,

RustyOldNail

I am about to try cartridges again. Previously the additives (MCT, PG, etc) really messed up my throat and lungs. Immediately gave them up.

Our MN Medical now has pure tested distillates with re- introduced cannabis terps and no additional additives.

They sell carts, $125 for 1000 mg and syringes with 2000 mg for $199.
Makes me want to go with syringe but then need
refillable carts.

— What carts are best for flavor chaser?
…SPRK by PCKT? Ceramic but with some cotton.
$2.95 seems like a cheap price
…Cerall CL by E Cap Tech? Cannot even find a price and maybe only sold in big volume?
- can both be used as threaded or with screw on magnetic adapter , like for my Ccell body?

I just ordered Yocan Uni Pro with adjustable Voltage for low temp option (2.0V to XX)

Note: dispensary sells Kandy Pens Rubi refillable BUT it’s a 3.7 V unit….. how much will that degrade taste ???

Note: juice is very limited with 3 or 4 choices:
Considering:
-Red with 76% THC and 4% CBD
-Yellow with 69% THC and 11% CBD
Same price for either. I would usually go for higher THC %.

Your experience or suggestions welcomed.

The YOCAN Uni Pro, is a good device. I’ve refilled the SPRK empty carts 2-3 times. Those high voltage pens can burn your oil, so use on low, and be careful.

The basic empty CCell’s I have use cotton in them as well. Hard to find the newer cottonless carts.

At $125 per gram, those carts are expensive. Twice the black market price for dispensary carts near me. Just bought for $40/gram, “The Monarch - Legion Of Bloom”: ICE CREAM CAKE with 100% Cannabis derived terpenes.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: MinnBobber

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I just picked up a few PCKT ceramic cartridges and was going to fill them with a syringe (dart) of plain distillate.

If I added a drop or two of live resin sauce to the cart, do you think it would mix in and add a little flavor to the disty?

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

I just picked up a few PCKT ceramic cartridges and was going to fill them with a syringe (dart) of plain distillate.

If I added a drop or two of live resin sauce to the cart, do you think it would mix in and add a little flavor to the disty?

Ehhhh. It depends on how diamondy it is. If it's like most sauce, you could probably do it. I would just heat the whole mix up for a little bit until it looks fairly homogenous. It's possible the THCA diamonds could crash out after a bit, but as long as you're only doing 20-30% LR you should be fine.

Let me know how it goes and how you like the SPRK carts. Never tried the ceramics.

BabyFacedFinster

Ehhhh. It depends on how diamondy it is. If it's like most sauce, you could probably do it. I would just heat the whole mix up for a little bit until it looks fairly homogenous. It's possible the THCA diamonds could crash out after a bit, but as long as you're only doing 20-30% LR you should be fine.

Let me know how it goes and how you like the SPRK carts. Never tried the ceramics.
I have a jar where the diamonds have already separated out from the gravy-like sauce. I was going to add a small drop along with distillate and let it sit in some hot water for a while to liquify and hopefully mix. I'll report back if I manage to not make a mess.

I don't want those carts with the added terps, but remember plain distillate tasting like overheated machine oil. Maybe it was the pen.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Easywider

j3oomerang

Do you buy in large quantities? Or do you know of a place you can buy smaller quantities?

BabyFacedFinster

I'm gonna try to fill a SPRK cart for the first time with pure distillate in a luer tip syringe. I want to have the least mess and waste. Just wanted to check if I'm missing any tips to help my process. This is what i'm planning:

1. drop the disty syringe w/o needle in a cup of hot tap water for 5-10 min.
2. Open the SPRK cart
3. Place luer lock needle on syringe and briefly heat needle so it's warm too
4. aim needle into cart and squeeze to fill with a 3/4 turn to avoid bubbles.
5. Fill to just below glass in cart, then cap with mouthpiece.
6. drop the filled cart in hot water so the disty settles to the bottom of the cart.

Sound ok? Is hot tap water good enough to let the disty flow well? Thanks!

BabyFacedFinster,
Top Bottom