**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

shroomi

Of course it will act like the 360 but with an 18 bowl size for more flexibility than having to use only the Qshop glass bowl or a WPA that gets stuck in the head lol.
An image to illustrate that the bowl will be wrapped for a heat bath before starting the session.

That bowl looks like it's a new design. Looks taller than the stock diffuser b2c bowl. As I understand it's also slimmer, 18mm instead of 22mm?

Oden

That bowl looks like it's a new design. Looks taller than the stock diffuser b2c bowl. As I understand it's also slimmer, 18mm instead of 22mm?
Yes the version of b2cvape, is a female joint 18.
So it will fit any size 18 male bowls to wrap.

shroomi

Yes the version of b2cvape, is a female joint 18.
So it will fit any size 18 male bowls to wrap.
And I assume that the new bowls will be available soon, unless I missed the listing. That setup sounds interesting, more towards smaller sized bowls, and maybe it could work with a ZX too?

More stuff on the B2cvape store. I'm not sure what I'm looking at , is it like the Taroma 360 housing, but with an injector end too? They got also extra extra extra long coils, I mean look at them, they're like 11 wraps 😅 I just needed a 6 wraps one for my Zeal haha.

Ball Vapes are basically Heat Exchangers. Input (ambient air temp) output to desired temp. Governed by air flow (CFM) and time (in this case measured in milliseconds) in contact with heating elements. Now that said, I see potential in the T360, as well as the rough copy, as they hold more balls (elements), and the air path is longer.

This is only 1 dimension of the equation. It does not cover vapor point of material, atmospheric pressure (lower psi/lower boiling point), or parasitic heat loss from various aspects of the equation such as distance from Heat source to material, etc.... The T360 looks like it gets up close and personal to the good stuff. This "New" housing does not appear to do that.

The Longer Coil is claimed to be 150 watts, where the 4 wrap coils I usually see 100 watts ratings. On Paper "More Horsepower" will prevail in efficacy. (PID temp vs temp at material)

This world of the ever better mousetrap, well it has my interest.

Last edited:
Sandrider1962,
Reactions: fraktal
Ball Vapes are basically Heat Exchangers. Input (ambient air temp) output to desired temp. Governed by air flow (CFM) and time (in this case measured in milliseconds) in contact with heating elements. Now that said, I see potential in the T360, as well as the rough copy, as they hold more balls (elements), and the air path is longer.

This is only 1 dimension of the equation. It does not cover vapor point of material, atmospheric pressure (lower psi/lower boiling point), or parasitic heat loss from various aspects of the equation such as distance from Heat source to material, etc.... The T360 looks like it gets up close and personal to the good stuff. This "New" housing does not appear to do that.

The Longer Coil is claimed to be 150 watts, where the 4 wrap coils I usually see 100 watts ratings. On Paper "More Horsepower" will prevail in efficacy. (PID temp vs temp at material)

This world of the ever better mousetrap, well it has my interest. This is a path forward, I hope our "local" manufacturers pay attention to.
Missed that this unit can be flipped. Thus will not hold a full cylinder of balls. Curious to how many it will hold ? TSA is the key here.... "Total Surface Area", more balls/smaller balls, less air space. And another dimension of the equation.

Sandrider1962,

Hippie

In the ad it says 170 x 3mm or 70 x 4mm
The Taroma 360 holds a little over 200

I was hoping for a metal 360 bowl to be honest .....
So I could mod it like a desktop Vapcap or BakX :)

shroomi

This world of the ever better mousetrap, well it has my interest.
You're right, more balls, more heat reserve and better efficiency. Also a big difference I noticed between the diffuser Tiodw mini and the Zeal is heater-bowl lock: the Zeal has like a 0.1mm loose gap, while the Tio fits way more flimsily, thus allowing more air to get sucked in by the sides. Efficiency is affected greatly, while I keep my zirc Z at 405-15f, I have to crank up my Ti diffuser to 535 to get a similar extraction.

Texus

You're right, more balls, more heat reserve and better efficiency. Also a big difference I noticed between the diffuser Tiodw mini and the Zeal is heater-bowl lock: the Zeal has like a 0.1mm loose gap, while the Tio fits way more flimsily, thus allowing more air to get sucked in by the sides. Efficiency is affected greatly, while I keep my zirc Z at 405-15f, I have to crank up my Ti diffuser to 535 to get a similar extraction.
The tight tolerance and great seal on the TKO with Infinity Bowl is one reason I love the OWW system (great seal with glass SSC bowl too BTW; not so great on the GVB bowl tho and the darn screen can't stay in place on that one). Plus less excess metal that needs to be heated by the coil and flower is as close as possible to the balls and coil.

goldfinger

In the ad it says 170 x 3mm or 70 x 4mm
The Taroma 360 holds a little over 200

I was hoping for a metal 360 bowl to be honest .....
So I could mod it like a desktop Vapcap or BakX :)
One is in the works currently. I'm probably going to pick it up just so that I have a forever bowl. Glass works really well though.

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
Not necassarily, it depends on temperature stablility, how long the pid pulse lasts and how frequent it pulses to keep a given size of coil at a given temperature and the wattage to surface area of the coil. And more other stuff.
The surface area of the coil being much higher with 11 wraps vs 4 wraps means the bigger coil will have far more heat loss.
Having to heat more balls and a bigger injector tube takes more energy, but it will act better as a storage radiator, holding onto more heat than a Smaller Baller.
However, if a smaller system can heat the air to temperature in a shorter air path without becoming overwhelmed, more mass is unneeded and inefficient.
Then theres the fact that it runs on 50% more power to begin with, 150 watts vs 100watts.
To judge if your system is overwhelmed at a given temperature is simple......
If you draw long and hard and the temp in your bowl drops, and you get lighter ABV, its weak arse like most portables.
If you draw long and hard and the temp in your bowl increase with air speed an volume, and you get AVB dark as the inside of a Gorilla's arse, your injector head is running like a finely tuned V6 engine. Not one tuned by a monkey.
Setting it up this way gives nice control over temperatures letting you control temperature and taste with the speed of your draw.
I find Smaller lighter heads are more efficient. The Ceroma is twice the weight of the Qaroma, and my naked coil DIY Boro' is even lighter.so this is based on direct comparison.
That naked coils generaly run much lower temps and seem more efficient than covered coils backs this up.

But theres nothing wrong with wanting more Rubies in your Ball Sack and a Bigger Tube to stick them in.

Bigger being the better option over a Smaller Baller if its Your first and only baller head, maybe Not.

Curious Gorilla,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
more-power.gif

Maybe it’s an aging thing, I used to say things like “there’s no replacement for displacement”, but now I drive a 2 liter turbo that is among the quickest 4 wheeled vehicles I’ve owned. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still an absolute hooligan, I just use more refined instruments now-a-days than I did when I was 17.

The same can be said for ball vapes, a Staroma XL is cool and all, but a little old 14mm ZX will absolutely destroy bowl after bowl after bowl after bowl.

more-power.gif

Maybe it’s an aging thing, I used to say things like “there’s no replacement for displacement”, but now I drive a 2 liter turbo that is among the quickest 4 wheeled vehicles I’ve owned. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still an absolute hooligan, I just use more refined instruments now-a-days than I did when I was 17.

The same can be said for ball vapes, a Staroma XL is cool and all, but a little old 14mm ZX will absolutely destroy bowl after bowl after bowl after bowl.
One of my hobbies is building engines..... Power to weight ratio.... 6#'s to 1 HP w/ traction, will get me in the 11's - 1/4's all day long.
3 dimensions..... same applies to vapor production.

Traction would be oil to vapor boiling point (no leak system, pulling a vacuum across the bowl lowers temp required to achieve vapor)
Weight would be CFM air flow (ie 4 liter lung capacity @ 1cfm = 9 sec draw)
Horse Power would be available heated air. To achieve constant air temp would require .... More displacement ( "x" watts required to heat a "x" volume of air @ a recharge rate of "x" CFM)

$100 dollar question is to what level of perfection is necessary? (Value)
I can only answer that for myself. Horsepower cost money, truth is I don't need perfect to get done what I want.

battleshipp

Can’t go wrong with the Zeal. My first was a b-zero and it barely gets touched with both my zeal heads around now. Looking forward to going wireless with the omega too. If you’re not strapped for cash it may be worth picking up an Omega head with the Zeal kit so you can go wireless if you so choose and you have injector options.
Why bother even getting the zeal at that point? The omega works as a 22m diffuser. I currently have the omega and im wondering if its worth getting the zeal housing too

battleshipp,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Why bother even getting the zeal at that point? The omega works as a 22m diffuser. I currently have the omega and im wondering if its worth getting the zeal housing too
I have both, and they are both great, but I agree that you don't need a Zeal if you already have an Omega.

Although if you'd like to keep your Omega cordless, and you want a dedicated corded vape, the Zeal is a natural choice.

Bababouy

One more reason to have both: the 18mm diffuser threads perfectly onto the zeal housing (or at least on mine) giving you a tomcat knock off to play with. And the price for the head alone is hard to beat if you have an extra coil.

I have both Zeals and the Omega and all three have their place. I do find myself reaching for the Omega the most due to convenience.

I’ve even done the 14mm diffuser on the zeal with the 18mm on the Omega giving me all three options at the same time. Unnecessary but fun nonetheless :lol:

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
more-power.gif

Had 2 different V6s , both baby 2.5litre engines, wouldnt want bigger, all the torque you want with very little weight, hammer it round corners and slingshot out onto straights. Love IT.
There is a truly beautiful 2 litre V6 mazda 323f that I would have, but it is too small for me to comfortably fit in, I had the 1.8 straight 4 version, and had to sell it. Most fun car i have owned. The original was designed as a rally car.
Unfortunatley, having to borrow a diesel at the moment, and unlikely i will be able to get another V6 in the near future, too much glass,vapeware and Cannabis to buy...... and I cant physicaly work on my own cars anymore.
Still rocking my Qaroma.
Dont need anything else as a baller till I break it. Then I will need another Qaroma. Or maybe a ZX . or a zeal or or orrr so many to choose from.........

Last edited:
Curious Gorilla,
Reactions: Timps27

2pumpchump

@avapvana shipped the SCREWBALL together with a 200 watt coil ! was also kind enough to send a second coil to me .BUT a catch its only a 150 watt coil ..... i don't care what coil is bigger or smaller the 200 watt coil works better than the 150 watt
if this info helps

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
@avapvana shipped the SCREWBALL together with a 200 watt coil ! was also kind enough to send a second coil to me .BUT a catch its only a 150 watt coil ..... i don't care what coil is bigger or smaller the 200 watt coil works better than the 150 watt
if this info helps

In what way is the 200w coil better? Are there any physical differences between the coils too, i.e. does one have more or less wraps?

2pumpchump

In what way is the 200w coil better? Are there any physical differences between the coils too, i.e. does one have more or less wraps?

While it is cooling down I will refrasse my quote of works better .with performs better! By that I mean I don't care if it takes 14 gallons to go .25 miles I want it now
.. yes they are physically differently all the way to the cord wrap ... Time will tell if I like the lighters jacket on the 200watt coil .. that was something that bugs me is how many watts is a 16mm 20 mm 24mm 25mm 30mm and the largest iv found the 50 mm coils

2pumpchump,

GoldenBud

if this info helps
but it's 150w or 200w max, right? it never reaches even 70w in practice?

I really doubt somebody can distinguish the differences in performance between Z8/SWRP/Oldhead/TKO/Screwball/B1/B2/Taroma/Zeal etc' except of taste maybe, maybe Ti or Zirconium tastes better than Stainlees steel but all these vapes perform pretty much the same i think, until we see a real huge heater which uses 2 coils, something that has much more volume than the Screwball or so, idk, all these vapes almost identical...

I understand, there are kids to feed so people make the almost-same-vape with different name, totally, but... i doubt anyone else would notice the difference between them honestly...

Last edited:

fraktal

I really doubt somebody can distinguish the differences in performance between Z8/SWRP/Oldhead/TKO/Screwball/B1/B2/Taroma/Zeal etc' except of taste maybe, maybe Ti or Zirconium tastes better than Stainlees steel but all these vapes perform pretty much the same i think, until we see a real huge heater which uses 2 coils, something that has much more volume than the Screwball or so, idk, all these vapes almost identical...

I understand, there are kids to feed so people make the almost-same-vape with different name, totally, but... i doubt anyone else would notice the difference between them honestly...
If you use the Taroma 360 you will see a real difference with the other ballvaps.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I disagree politely. :wave: Why would you need any more energy that's currently available to vape a .1 or .2g of delicate flower? :shrug: the design and airflow delivery might make more of a difference? :nod: I mean really think about it, taking 2 baller heads worth of hot beads will only make the hot air going through that circumference double hot which means you can turn the temp down more. I guess that's trendy to get the lowest temperature to vape for some. I usually use my trusty pid controller (has buttons to change temperature to whatever i want) I can go down to 400 up to 625 so far with no stir or combustion. :tup:that's 725+ on an auber. Mostly all heads combust before that temp, all except 1.:cool: All baller heads also heat with straight down airflow, balls or gems, so that heat smashes straight down onto the delicate little flower giving some goodies no chance of being delivered to the lungs because of immediate vaporizeration?:shrug: This issue has been addressed in today's market by redirection/distribution of the hot air flow onto the delicate little load, not more hot air, just better managed hot air!:D

Raskolnikov

more-power.gif

Its not just an aging thing. I assume you are from the US and refer to Detroits finest Big or small block. They were just terribly inefficient engines and its the environmental lobby which is making engines how they are today. You think Ferrari want a V6 turbo in their car? If you do you know nothing of these companies. I dont even know what their current model is. F1, my god what have they done?

2pumpchump

I saw 2 coil ballvape on Instagram no real info on it though. Anyway performance was justified with a clock from cold start . I agree coils are not running at 100% duty cycle but OK so a 150 watt @70 a 200watt is like @75 right ? It's not always about being at full power all the time but helps get over that hill if you have a little bit more to give than if you are already at full power

Last edited:
2pumpchump,
Reactions: GoldenBud
Top Bottom