**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 48 19.1%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 71 28.3%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Sub soaked for 30 min, mine for 10. The glass bowl was cool to the touch so heat soaked for maybe a minute after that. A Happy Healthy and Safe 710 to all!:tup:
Edit: I was wrong the bowl was only heat soaked like 15 sec before that hit.:nod:

Last edited:

Hippie

Any user reports on the Tiodw Trio? I've been thinking about picking one up now that b2c has the diffuser bowls available

I have a Trio, mini, mini 2, a ceramic one and a Taroma lite plus ...
I didn't think much of the Trio (with the long 25mm coil) as it takes a long time to extract all the goodness from the bowl, like the Taroma lite plus. They both hit hard for the first draw but vapour production tails off quickly and they take longer to clear the bowl than smaller heads in my collection like the Tiodw mini, b1 or b2... , for me.
I've only had the Tiodw mini 2 for about 36hrs so I'm still finding my way with it but I've been impressed so far.
The screwthread is compatible with the Tiodw mini and Taroma lite plus so there I have a few combos to try.
So far tho, standard setup, either way up, it's a tasty big hitter that can clear the bowl in 2 draws at about 520 (without the slow tail off)

TheBeefiest

I have a Trio, mini, mini 2, a ceramic one and a Taroma lite plus ...
I didn't think much of the Trio (with the long 25mm coil) as it takes a long time to extract all the goodness from the bowl, like the Taroma lite plus. They both hit hard for the first draw but vapour production tails off quickly and they take longer to clear the bowl than smaller heads in my collection like the Tiodw mini, b1 or b2... , for me.
I've only had the Tiodw mini 2 for about 36hrs so I'm still finding my way with it but I've been impressed so far.
The screwthread is compatible with the Tiodw mini and Taroma lite plus so there I have a few combos to try.
So far tho, standard setup, either way up, it's a tasty big hitter that can clear the bowl in 2 draws at about 520 (without the slow tail off)
Have you had to stretch the coil much on the Mini2 compared to the mini? The extra balls in the mini2 look nice with the taller body but I wonder if it has much of an effect without stretching the coil more

TheBeefiest,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Hippie

Yes you need to stretch
So I'm using the coil I stretched for the Taroma lite plus
Which is working much better on the Tiodw mini 2, for me, than it did on taller Taroma lite plus which I think was just too much stretching for even heat transfer.

TheBeefiest

Yes you need to stretch
So I'm using the coil I stretched for the Taroma lite plus
Which is working much better on the Tiodw mini 2, for me, than it did on taller Taroma lite plus which I think was just too much stretching for even heat transfer.
I ended up ordering the full set for the mini 2 rather than just the head add on for the mini . Excited to play around with them and see how I like the diffusion. I stretched the coil for the OG mini but screwing the cap on compressed it back together a bit. Ultimately decided against the trio because i think the 29mm would be overkill for me and rarely get used.

Hippie

I stretched the coil for the OG mini but screwing the cap on compressed it back together a bit.
That's what I've done, going from the Taroma lite plus to the Tiodw mini 2
And left me wondering if the Taroma lite plus would work better with a longer coil like the Cloud Connoisseur Zeal coil for example

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer

onesixty2

Except there are larger bowl options (@VGOODIEZ V3 XL, SBL Bowl, Dfreeze, etc.), and when paired with one the ZX absolutely rips, and I run it at 404-412, 100+ degrees lower than the 18mm options I have. I know I’m not telling you anything you don’t know, just don’t understand why anyone is discounting these.

Fat rips @412:

I ordered a SBL bowl after seeing this post. It just arrived and I'm shocked I didn't know these existed before now. I love it. My ZX fits like a glove, super deep bowl. Very satisfying block of wood.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I’ve paid my ZX no special attention with handling, and it’s never concerned me at all. Not like my Qaroma, I can see some of the threads have cracked loose inside, and I’m sure I will break the chimney off at some point if nothing else. And while exposed coils do come with their own set of drawbacks, at least for the ZX the majority of the zirc body is inside the coil; honestly I think you would have to be trying to break a ZX to actually do so.

nicknobody

I’ve paid my ZX no special attention with handling, and it’s never concerned me at all. Not like my Qaroma, I can see some of the threads have cracked loose inside, and I’m sure I will break the chimney off at some point if nothing else. And while exposed coils do come with their own set of drawbacks, at least for the ZX the majority of the zirc body is inside the coil; honestly I think you would have to be trying to break a ZX to actually do so.
I just want to make sure that if an honest mistake of bumping hard on a rig or table or it gets knocked off a table etc i wouldn’t be dealing with spilled balls?

Vas curiosity….

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Can’t speak for any others as ceramic integrity is all about the due diligence of the manufacturing and production process. Some MFG’s sinter their own material in house and others just buy tube/rod. But the ZX is extremely durable. I’ve beat it with a wrench, a hammer, and seen it knocked on the table and dropped on the carpet.

Due to the unique fitment which holds the air inlet screens in tension, you have to physically crush the screens onto itself with tweezers or another tool for the rubies to come out.

🛸🛸🛸

Top Bottom