**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
I appreciate this comparison chart from Vapvana thread and wanted to share if helpful. The chart is missing Injector styles, and all the other manufacturers (Phase3, SWGP, etc.), and also Body Material Type as an additional column (SS, Ti, Zr, etc.) for comparisons.

Coil Based Vapes With Diffusers Comparison Chart​

E-VapF22ZealTaroma 360B1
Coil Diameter25mm20mm20mm20mm20mm
Diffusion ScreenMeshMachinedMachinedMachinedMesh
Ruby Size2.5mm3mm3mm3mm3mm
Ruby ShapeGemSphereSphereSphereSphere
Ruby Total750*180210200200
Starting Temp460f550f530f375f600f?
Exposed CoilYYYYY
Heating StyleHybridConvectionConvectionHybridConvection
Stirring Required?NYYNY
Warranty?1 Year1 YearNoneNoneNone
Return Policy100 Days - opened or unopened30 Days - Unopened30 days - UnopenedNoneNone

*The E-Vap holds ~300 3mm Ruby Spheres for volume comparison reference

2pumpchump

I appreciate this comparison chart from Vapvana thread and wanted to share if helpful. The chart is missing Injector styles, and all the other manufacturers (Phase3, SWGP, etc.), and also Body Material Type as an additional column (SS, Ti, Zr, etc.) for cocomparisons.
I agree
Thanks for stopping in and the support! :rockon:

You are correct, I made some updates to the listing to better manage my inventory for the early adopters round.

If you'd like to purchase the kit without a PID, please use the following coupon code for a $50 off discount.

NOPID50

I'm working on posting both video and written updates, so you can choose which format works best for you :tup:

Pin Layout:​

I made an updated image for the coil & pid compatibility, and added it to the kit listing.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Vapvana-Coil-Pid-Compatibility-Chart-2023.png

Naming Contest Update:​

The official naming contest thread has been posted, and I'm just waiting for approval from the mods before it goes live.

I will make another post here once it is approved.

Early Adopters Kit / Timeline Update:​

There will be an update in regards to the early adopters presale & timeline this weekend / Monday after I finalize some details with our manufacturer.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
-Cal
I also like how not only did they give information on coils compatibility for their product also gave a compatibility chart of coil compatibility of other products as well this is great information for anyone fixing to make the step in to the big baler relm that's new

Bababouy

One thing to note about the compatibility chart is that High-Five has different pinning than the rest of the China PIDs. I believe the TC wires are flipped or something of that nature. Felvapes mentioned this when they posted the chart to IG and I
Swear someone mentioned it on FC but I can’t find the post

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I think it's leaning more towards gas then vapor...:tup:
Edit:
Mass comparison with CH B1 injector head...

Last edited:

TheBeefiest

The Tiodw Mini 2 has arrived, stretched and tightened the coil I had been using with the OG mini. I used it with the glass injector and diffuser bowls last night at 555 very efficient 2 hit extraction. The added thermal mass of the rubies has improved performance. I had similar results at with the mini 2 at 555 last night as I would have around 590 with the OG mini. My only concern with the diffuser end is that any wiggle when coming off of the bowl seems like it starts to unscrew the cap. I will have to keep an eye out to make sure it doesn't loosen too much while in use so I don't dump 200+ hot rubies all over my desk. I am planning to try it out with the Ti bowl tonight and drop the heat to 520 to start.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Gotta be wary of hot balls, that is not something I want to experience. I was wary of the little disc in the bottom of the F22 holding but after extended use it seems to be holding steady.

shroomi

Yesterday finally landed the zirconia Zeal, a couple of days after I got the piece for the Tiodw mini.
I've just started testing both setups, but some differences are pretty evident!
For starters, the temperature. While I keep the diffuser Tio at 570f, I brought down the heat on the Zeal to a comfortable 400f, where I get a nice extraction and mighty flavour. Even so the Zeal performs better, and the air is a bit less scorching when taking big hits.
In secundis, herb distance. With the Tiodw, efficiency decreases considerably, especially using the deep bowl of the b2c store. (The bowl itself is pretty nice, but I feel it's a bit too deep and can't hold steady the metal screen.) But with the Zeal, I can just sprinkle a bit of green just to cover the screen and I get the awesome performance the Zeal can always deliver. This could depend on the lower number of ruby balls held by the Tio mini? When filling the Zeal I used 10/15 rubies more than the regular Tiodw.

At the moment I have just the b2c bowl, so I have just begun testing. I'd have bought the CC glass bowl with the honeycomb but they were sold out. I think I'll grab one on dhgate but they're a bit pricey (23$), but there's also a shallower version that allows more proximity to the head.
I asked the b2c guys if they would make a stubby version of the honeycomb-less bowl they sell, hopely they'll sell that too!

TheBeefiest

Yesterday finally landed the zirconia Zeal, a couple of days after I got the piece for the Tiodw mini.
I've just started testing both setups, but some differences are pretty evident!
For starters, the temperature. While I keep the diffuser Tio at 570f, I brought down the heat on the Zeal to a comfortable 400f, where I get a nice extraction and mighty flavour. Even so the Zeal performs better, and the air is a bit less scorching when taking big hits.
In secundis, herb distance. With the Tiodw, efficiency decreases considerably, especially using the deep bowl of the b2c store. (The bowl itself is pretty nice, but I feel it's a bit too deep and can't hold steady the metal screen.) But with the Zeal, I can just sprinkle a bit of green just to cover the screen and I get the awesome performance the Zeal can always deliver. This could depend on the lower number of ruby balls held by the Tio mini? When filling the Zeal I used 10/15 rubies more than the regular Tiodw.

At the moment I have just the b2c bowl, so I have just begun testing. I'd have bought the CC glass bowl with the honeycomb but they were sold out. I think I'll grab one on dhgate but they're a bit pricey (23$), but there's also a shallower version that allows more proximity to the head.
I asked the b2c guys if they would make a stubby version of the honeycomb-less bowl they sell, hopely they'll sell that too!
I am able to fit around 150 3mm rubies in the OG Tiodw mini compared to around 220 in the mini 2. The extra rubies are part of what sold me on getting the full set for the mini 2 instead of just adding the head onto the original mini.

TheBeefiest,
Reactions: LesPlenty

shroomi

I am able to fit around 150 3mm rubies in the OG Tiodw mini compared to around 220 in the mini 2. The extra rubies are part of what sold me on getting the full set for the mini 2 instead of just adding the head onto the original mini.
It makes sense, more heat mass, better performance, and more efficiency since you keep it at a lower temp. Do you have a Zeal too? How do you compare the different heads?

TheBeefiest

It makes sense, more heat mass, better performance, and more efficiency since you keep it at a lower temp. Do you have a Zeal too? How do you compare the different heads?
I don't have a zeal, just the Tiodow Mini 1&2 and a locally made quartz head. The mini 2 hold the most rubies of the three heads I have. The quartz injector came with a mix of crushed sapphire and a couple ruby and SIC balls.

I am really liking the diffuser head though, do you heat soak the glass bowls with the diffuser? I just slapped it on and hit it with the glass but I will probably play around with heat soaking the ti bowl.

TheBeefiest,
Reactions: LesPlenty

shroomi

I am really liking the diffuser head though, do you heat soak the glass bowls with the diffuser? I just slapped it on and hit it with the glass but I will probably play around with heat soaking the ti bowl.
I usually prefer not to heat soak, but yes the performance on the Tio diffuser improves with a 10/15 sec pre heat.

hoptimum

Gotta be wary of hot balls, that is not something I want to experience. I was wary of the little disc in the bottom of the F22 holding but after extended use it seems to be holding steady.
I was a little skeptical about whether it would hold together myself. Especially after reading the admonition to fill the diffuser just over the top so that the balls put pressure on the bottom screen to hold it in place. So far, so good, though.

In any event, it seems more secure than the DCElev8r it's replacing. I'm all for hot balls staying where they belong.

2pumpchump

Nothing really, it’s just a nice titanium bowl that pairs well with the vapes it was designed for. I like it, but it’s nowhere near my favorite bowl. YMMV
Thanks I was just wondering why that seams to be 1 of the first? Asked about vapes ...but get it now good well known well made kind of like a Honda you know what you get

2pumpchump,
Reactions: tinctorus
Top Bottom