**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

passerine

My ZX is still stuck in customs. I'm not anxious for the part of my life where I have to explain to an overworked and underpaid post office worker what a zirconia ball vape head is.

passerine,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
They are all medical grade aromatherapy diffusers and that's the honest truth, technically.

I saw this theory before that a quick extraction of THC is important for how high you get, so doing a 5min session with several hits will not get you as high as a big one-hit pull even if you end up with the same amount of THC in your body. From experience I'm not sure this is true, or at least I don't think it makes a huge difference. Thoughts?

It's true but incomplete- the effect is qualitatively different. The rapid extractions with a good injector and bubbler combo seem to have not just a stronger but also a different effect. You can get equally high with a 5 min session but it will be different.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Does anyone know the pin out mapping for Menovo?
Yep, whoever orders the batch from them...use the coil that comes with the unit, you can usually pick 16 or 20mm for the coil/nail...message them or any other seller you can find.

LesPlenty,

funkensteinberg

They are all medical grade aromatherapy diffusers and that's the honest truth, technically.

It's true but incomplete- the effect is qualitatively different. The rapid extractions with a good injector and bubbler combo seem to have not just a stronger but also a different effect. You can get equally high with a 5 min session but it will be different.
Yup. Think about the different high you might get between a ball vape and a 20minute temp step session on a Mighty…

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
I just managed to dump about 80% of my rubies on the floor while doing a head change. Pretty sweet.
And again I forget to make and use a paper funnel before messing with tiny ruby balls, my knees and hips really dont need that kind of excercise...
Someone should do a DIY thread on how to make and use paper funnels.
However, i will dutifuly still forget about them untill after i have dropped balls everywhere. Helps me practice swearing and inventing new insults.
Need a crew of trained ants to retrieve them for me...

with hot water is how I cleaned mine before use (hung in my ultrasonic cleaner for a while first).
LesPlenty is the toughest person on FuckCombustion.
I know this because anyone who hangs their balls in an ultrasonic cleaner is truly scary.
Or has possibly discovered the next pleasure sensation craze......

How to remember to make paper funnels before changing ruby balls.....
step one - Do not vape any Marijuanna first.......
Damn, failed again......

Last edited:

GratefulDread

Interesting new concept from b2cvape. Uses a 25mm coil and has 18mm and 29mm male injectors on either side. (Edit: Just confirmed with b2cvape that the 29mm male joint also fits over 22mm bowls). Was this inspired by your experimenting @felvapes ?
Doesn't really interest me but maybe it will some of you. Would be cool if one side was an injector and the other side a 22mm diffuser.
Now I'm more interested. Cool idea.

Last edited:

snackmaster

Interesting new concept from b2cvape. Uses a 25mm coil and has 18mm and 29mm male injectors on either side. Was this inspired by your experimenting @felvapes ?
Doesn't really interest me but maybe it will some of you. Would be cool if one side was an injector and the other side a 22mm diffuser.
I'd hope 22mm is the ID of the 29mm end. It's gotta be, right?

GratefulDread

I'm not sure.. They sell a 29mm injector bowl, so I assume it's for that.
But maybe it's also compatible with 22mm bowls and that's why it's called the "Trio." Which would be pretty sweet.
Edit: @snackmaster I just checked with them and you are correct 👍

Last edited:

Vasgas

Interesting new concept from b2cvape. Uses a 25mm coil and has 18mm and 29mm male injectors on either side. (Edit: Just confirmed with b2cvape that the 29mm male joint also fits over 22mm bowls). Was this inspired by your experimenting @felvapes ?
Seems like airflow is redundant. Using the 29mm end will end up being like the B2, with the more restrictive intake and uneven roast. Using the 18mm end will have a restrictive outtake instead. Both ways will limit the power and efficiency of the heater. Not to mention the excessive mass being used for two injector joints. In the end, neither 18mm nor 29mm would work to its full potential. Assuming its real titanium to begin with

Vasgas,
Reactions: shroomi

snackmaster

I asked and ID on that end is 23.1mm

GratefulDread

Seems like airflow is redundant. Using the 29mm end will end up being like the B2, with the more restrictive intake and uneven roast. Using the 18mm end will have a restrictive outtake instead. Both ways will limit the power and efficiency of the heater. Not to mention the excessive mass being used for two injector joints. In the end, neither 18mm nor 29mm would work to its full potential. Assuming its real titanium to begin with
Not sure I agree about the airflow because it has mesh screens on both sides. It'll probably be more like the B1 in that regard.
But yeah remains to be seen if it's a good design.
I asked and ID on that end is 23.1mm
Yeah same, I updated my OP.

Vasgas

Not sure I agree about the airflow because it has mesh screens on both sides. It'll probably be more like the B1 in that regard.
But yeah remains to be seen if it's a good design.
It's big on one end and smaller on the other right? Mesh screen or not, which top end baller uses such a design anymore since B2? The uneven airpath just makes for uneven roasting. A major reason most went for B0 and B1.

Only thing I'd buy from this shop is the CH stand tbh

Vasgas,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The uneven airpath just makes for uneven roasting
This has not been the case with my Tiodw V3 (my Ceroma airflow is bad compared) which has a smaller top opening than the joint side, having replaced the plates with holes diffuser with mesh at both ends for better airflow so the larger TRIO should be fine, just not sure about their 25mm coil listing for the Auber/710coils PID as the options do not include 25mm?

Vasgas

This has not been the case with my Tiodw V3 (my Ceroma airflow is bad compared) which has a smaller top opening than the joint side, having replaced the plates with holes diffuser with mesh at both ends for better airflow so the larger TRIO should be fine, just not sure about their 25mm coil listing for the Auber/710coils PID as the options do not include 25mm?
Sorry but can't take anything you say seriously considering you only own Ali heads and half a ceroma. Company rep? Too many "should"s in your reply anyways.

We've come a long way with ballers. I agree this could work "fine" but I stand by my opinion that neither size injector is optimized with this design. Only upside is you get two injector sizes in one housing but what's the point when performance is sacrificed?

B2, Freight Train and TKO all learned from this and made changes to their designs or subsequent designs. This is kinda going backwards but not a surprise at all

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
IMHO, this list should really be revised to reflect the current landscape or a new poll started since quite a bit has changed since @oddjobold made it*. Although I own(ed) or have tried a few, my absolute favourite for the last 6+ months is the Z8 from Phase3 and it deserves a spot. The flagship Z8 only arrived around Thanksgiving 2023, the first Zirconia Ceramic ruby ball vape, and has quickly spawned a few clones. And with respect to those offerings, the Z8 and the newer (and less expensive) ZX remain the sleekest, sexiest beasts of the pack all day long. And half the night.

*edited to get the origin date right, seems a little mad that it’s only been since September last year. It feels like I’ve seen this thread around for ages and have checked out all the interesting opinions and observations. Obviously, that can’t be since the whole ball vape thing hasn’t been around for ages. Guess I’m still suffering from Covid time, where nine months can legitimately seem like eighteen. Is this still happening for anyone else out there or is it just me still lagging behind real time? Sorry for the rambling train of thought, folks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom