**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Last edited:

Oden

Some are allergic to TI. I haven't heard the same from stainless steel. All my pots and pans are stainless steel come to think of it. And this...

Which is the hardest hitting vaporizer in your range.
I ask because you have a monstrous collection lol ๐Ÿ‘

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
I'm very interested in the ceramic Tiodw! I've not bought it yet because I'm sure I'd risk to break it, but if I read good reviews I'll just make the purchase. Considering it's quite cheap too!
I doubt you would break it tbh people hear ceramic and think easily broken but these things could be used as hammers or bludgeon weapons ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

tinctorus,
Reactions: shroomi

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
I was given a Ceroma...with a broken top part that I replaced with a S/S hose clamp to hold the coil to get into balling.:2c:

Some chromium in S/S...this turns a few off, not sure there is an actual allergy though.
The threads were broken or the cap itself?

tinctorus,

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
I never got the cap (already broken) but the threads are fine...thanks to @felvapes donating it to me to twist my arm into balling...I added the hose clamp for safety(:lol:) but it was a tight fit with my coil.
Have you seen the new ceramic V2 head from b2cvape? It's only 20 bucks so I've been debating
Trying it as well even though I have zero need for any new ballers ๐Ÿคฃ

RedZep

For those who have 18mm and 14mm injectors with bowls. Is there a big drop off in airflow when using 14mm injector vapes/bowls?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
For those who have 18mm and 14mm injectors with bowls. Is there a big drop off in airflow when using 14mm injector vapes/bowls?
I would not say a big dropoff. It's mostly the same. It probably also has a lot to do with the ruby size and the shape of the head. I suspect that the Z8 is is slightly more restricted than the ZX for example, because the ZX has a screen but the Z8 has several machined holes in the lid. I find the SX and CL to be just as easy to draw from as my Atlas and B1. I suppose there is some reduction in airflow just like using a 14mm vs 18mm joint on a glass piece, but I don't notice it even that much.

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
These phase 3 vapes are very open airflow wise. The z8, iirc, has a similar, if not slightly more open than the 1.7 which was 18mm. It's also more open than my ceroma filled with a mixture of 3 and 4mm balls. I agree with @Grass Yes in that what you put into the head will make a large difference.

Last edited:

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
Any one have any experience in gemcut rubies vs balls?
Supposedly the former can offer better performance as there are more angles and sides to disturb/heat the air as it moves past?
I mean I'm no thermal surgeon :D just something I've read.

I was thinking of buying some 3mm gemcut rubies to replace the balls in my Ceroma and see how that changes it up.
Just kind of out of curiosity.

GratefulDread

Supposedly the former can offer better performance as there are more angles and sides to disturb/heat the air as it moves past?

I was thinking of buying some 3mm gemcut rubies to replace the balls in my Ceroma and see how that changes it up.

I think the shape would cause random/inconsistent air resistance that would fluctuate anytime you shook the baller head. Not sure if it would be ideal. I was thinking about the ruby balls with the holes through them, for the increased surface area. But I think it would cause a similar issue.

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
Some are allergic to TI. I haven't heard the same from stainless steel. All my pots and pans are stainless steel come to think of it. And this...

Stainless Steel contains nickel, thats what makes it 'stainless', which around 75% of people are sensitive to, but it causes less issues in stainless steel than as nickel silver.
Some people react to it.
Titanium is claimed to be hypo allergenic, but most of what is used in implants is grade 5, which is an alloy containing aluminium amongst other things. It seems more likely to cause a reaction(and sometimes does) than ,say, grade 2 titanium that is usualy considered an industrial grade but is actualy pure titanium with an amount of oxygen removed to improve ductility. So more hypoallergenic than medical grade 5 titanium, possibly.
Fewer people react to titanium than stainless steel. In theory.
Far as air pathways, mild and high carbon steel are non toxic but nobody uses them. Rust bothers people, although we are made up partly of iron. Its the Heme in Hemeglobin. Steel Can make things taste like blood tho. (Possibly baller vapes should all be HIGH carbon steel, at least they will be after all that good weed)
I would imagine grade 2 titanium is less likely to cause an issue than stainless steel, im currently uncertain which i react to personaly , as my Herborizer Ti has a Stainless Steel heater cartridge not a Titanium one as stated, as well as its titanium heater core and body. One of the metals seems to cause me a sore throat and gums.

snackmaster

Not using them currently but I have some 3mm cubic zirconia. They allow lower temps, but are also more restrictive. A 3mm gem is probably half the size of a sphere so I've wondered how the larger ones would perform.

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
Not using them currently but I have some 3mm cubic zirconia. They allow lower temps, but are also more restrictive. A 3mm gem is probably half the size of a sphere so I've wondered how the larger ones would perform.

Gem cut stones will sit closer together reducing airspace, and the points and hard edges are capable of scratching glass and quartz glass.
The edges are also more prone to chipping, even diamonds are not indestructible and can chip.
That being said after dropping my qaroma and not realising there was any damage i used it with tiny loose chips of quartz in it for some time with no ill effects. ill effects .lil effects. ell ifficyts. fill efix.
The qaroma took a lickin and kept on tickin tho.
If you want cheap gems, tumble polish them first to buff the edges off, but spheres are a better shape for the job, and ruby is thermally superior to zirconia if you look at the specs.
Ruby Heats faster, has more heat capacity, passes more heat on, has a quicker recovery time.
Everyone wants to believe zirconia is better cause its cheaper. And comes in more colours. It is thermaly almost identical to quartz glass, and not so different from borosilicate glass. Just tougher.
Wish it were not so because zirc is cheaper and comes in any colour you like.
Some may disagree with this. Some may think rubies and borosilicate taste the same.
In the end if you like the taste of zirconia more thats all that matters. But i would go with balls over gems.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
I think the shape would cause random/inconsistent air resistance that would fluctuate anytime you shook the baller head. Not sure if it would be ideal. I was thinking about the ruby balls with the holes through them, for the increased surface area. But I think it would cause a similar issue.

Gem cut stones will sit closer together reducing airspace, and the points and hard edges are capable of scratching glass and quartz glass.
The edges are also more prone to chipping, even diamonds are not indestructible and can chip.
That being said after dropping my qaroma and not realising there was any damage i used it with tiny loose chips of quartz in it for some time with no ill effects. ill effects .lil effects. ell ifficyts. fill efix.
The qaroma took a lickin and kept on tickin tho.
If you want cheap gems, tumble polish them first to buff the edges off, but spheres are a better shape for the job, and ruby is thermally superior to zirconia if you look at the specs.
Ruby Heats faster, has more heat capacity, passes more heat on, has a quicker recovery time.
Everyone wants to believe zirconia is better cause its cheaper. And comes in more colours. It is thermaly almost identical to quartz glass, and not so different from borosilicate glass. Just tougher.
Wish it were not so because zirc is cheaper and comes in any colour you like.
Some may disagree with this. Some may think rubies and borosilicate taste the same.
In the end if you like the taste of zirconia more thats all that matters. But i would go with balls over gems.

I got sent 200x4mm gem cut rubies by mistake (therefore for free!) and they perform pretty well the same as 3mm round ruby (due to the reasons mentioned above), might look better/pretty in a Qaroma though.:2c:

Very helpful input, fellas, thank you very much.
Think I'll just stick with the balls.

Hvrj4Qn.gif

Top Bottom