**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

felvapes

Okay so I finally worked out how to post an image here from elsewhere
Here is my diy Tiodw mini plus? made from their Ti bowl
I set the post to the bottom of the coil and have a 16mm flat mesh screen on the bottom (the basket screen was too small mesh and restricted airflow)
The lid is the stock screen from the floor of the Tiodw v3 (I swapped it for mesh too) - it friction fits perfectly with a few taps and I can tap this on the table upside down without it coming out, in fact if/when I want to I will have to try and tap it out pushing the balls from the bottom, or chuck it in the freezer
The bottom part could be shorter and less space between the balls and exit, but it's a bowl originally and it still does a good job
Better airflow now plus better flavour and this works as well as the mini but lower temps
I run this 20° lower temps than the mini that runs 15° lower than the Taroma lite
Looking at these type coils now for more coverage and possibly even lower temps...
AU $44.64 5%OFF | 1pcs SYJ15 Heating Coil Hot Runner Heating Coil Hot Runner

img20230316211321-jpg.44904
img20230316211336-jpg.44903

Last edited:

felvapes

Been away helping my sick father recently
Am back for a bit, here's a few videos I made recently
Some milk shots with the Tiodw Mini
A 1 gram XL milk
Tiodw Mini full review
Coil fitment and handle fitment videos
Universal PID/coil adaptor cords video

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cpzwem8DeAy/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqTL0wMjOs4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

TIODW MINI FULL REVIEW AND COMPARISON TO TAROMA LITE

ADAPTOR CORDS - Apparently they are taking these off the website soon unless people want them - pick some up while you can for the future if you're keen
Best accessory an enail/baller head can own

felvapes

Duelling Minis - Duelling PID/coil universal adaptor cords

Get your adaptor cords while they are still available - they may be taking them off the shelves

Squeal like a piig booiiii....

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Get your adaptor cords while they are still available - they may be taking them off the shelves
I would eventually accidentally blow something up for sure with one of those adapters, much safer for me to just have all my coil heaters the same (along with the PID controllers) as they are pretty simple to swap to the US quasi-standard (Auber, 710coils etc) as I have found...wish I never chucked the 2x 20mm barrel coils away early on since finding this link (oldie but a goldie),

felvapes

I would eventually accidentally blow something up for sure with one of those adapters, much safer for me to just have all my coil heaters the same (along with the PID controllers) as they are pretty simple to swap to the US quasi-standard (Auber, 710coils etc) as I have found...wish I never chucked the 2x 20mm barrel coils away early on since finding this link (oldie but a goldie),
I like the cords
They are solid and work, and extend the coil length which is useful for the annoying power cords/coils on the same side pids
Probably safer than the wire twist method you said you used because you were not confident your solder skills wouldn't blow shit up too
I have rewired coils before too
It's a pita when you don't have to
Great tip for not mixing cords - use a permanent marker and write on the label/tag C or A
The adaptors have 1 or 2 on them already

Of course I'm all about the diy instead of paying companies for gimmick tools that you really don't need at all to remove shit that normal workshop tools will just as effectively
I share the wiring sequence and how to check with a multimeter often
These adaptors are a win for me though and a good option for those without confidence in wiring skills to avoid any manufacturer connection issues or accidentally blowing up their pids with bad solders or wire twists

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Duelling Minis - Duelling PID/coil universal adaptor cords

Squeal like a piig booiiii....

That's ashame, we all wanted those adapters why are they kilking them off already?

tinctorus,

RedZep

The B0 and the Z8 are pretty different, like a hammer and a scalpel, kind of. Glad to have both, but I'd definitely recommend looking at the 14mm Zs because they make the ball vape a bit more scalable in terms of hit size. Even more so in terms of temps. I haven't turned up a lot to test that but the lower temp ranges are so nice to float around in for coolness and flavor. I do think the Zirconia is a fantastic material for these, as well.

Lower temps and modest hits are not going to sell ball vapes to everyone, but the experience is exquisite and for many, I think it will be a welcome option.
This is fascinating. This has been on my mind a lot lately. I'm interested in the log vape for same reasons. I truly believe efficient extraction with smaller amounts brings the greatest effects and longevity per gram of use.

Would the CouchLog have similar traits to the Z8 in this way? Being that they are both 14mm ball vapes with small bowls?

coolbreeze

This is fascinating. This has been on my mind a lot lately. I'm interested in the log vape for same reasons. I truly believe efficient extraction with smaller amounts brings the greatest effects and longevity per gram of use.

Would the CouchLog have similar traits to the Z8 in this way? Being that they are both 14mm ball vapes with small bowls?
It does, yes. The ironic thing is, the CL is a big hitter for a log because of its power and the 14mm heater size. But, like any log, it can scale down for direct hits, one-hit/cleanups, etc. If you check out some of the vids in the thread, you will see that there's no lack of power in terms of chalking glass, for instance. It's really versatile and can handle small hits at low temp or big lungfuls through water. I would guess that it has a wider range of use than many logs because of all the reserve power.

That said, the Z8 is better at doing its primary job--full, flavorful, cool bong hits--but that's not from any lack the CL suffers, it's just that the Z8 is purpose-designed and is that good. They both excel in their categories.

Last edited:

kinoosh

Got a question for you veteran ball vapers in 2023.

I owned to Cannabis Hardware B1, and ended up selling it to recoup some cash last year.

Thinking about getting another desktop heavy, and want to potentially get creative and go outside of CH.

Problem is I really liked the performance of the B1, and wouldn't necessarily want something that performed not as well.

Double decker would be cool as I got into concentrates, but not necessary.

I hear of the TIODW devices, and TKO, and others and just wanna make sure I'm considering my options outside of CH for a 420 impulse buy :)

Any recommendations?

jkeyes98

I owned to Cannabis Hardware B1, and ended up selling it to recoup some cash last year.

Thinking about getting another desktop heavy, and want to potentially get creative and go outside of CH.

Problem is I really liked the performance of the B1, and wouldn't necessarily want something that performed not as well.

I hear of the TIODW devices, and TKO, and others and just wanna make sure I'm considering my options outside of CH for a 420 impulse buy :)

Any recommendations?
I've heard some really good things about the TKO and would consider that one to be top tier right now. the other's I've seen that look really nice are the ones created by FC members like Zeal or Phase3. I've heard that the double decker is more of a novelty because ideal flower and wax temps are different, but I've never tried.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Any recommendations?
I think this thread has a lot of great options mentioned already, but I would say it really depends on what you are optimizing for. I'd keep my eye on the Zirconia heads mentioned above (ZX, Z8, Zeal). I don't have them but I have heard great things at how they operate, flavor, and lower temps.

I've been digging the SS Zeal and ZX lately. I think there i something special about stainless steel over titanium for me. It imparts less metal flavor IMO and I think it dumps heat into the rubies more efficiently. The SS Zeal would work fine for double deckers, depending on the concentrate, though I have not tried it yet.

I've never tried any qaroma heads but they seem neat too. I have seen praise for the TKO but I don't know specifically what makes it good.

Also, of course I love my Atlas, Couchlog, and Zenith!

coolbreeze

just wanna make sure I'm considering my options outside of CH for a 420 impulse buy :)
The ball injector head has not been released for this yet, but for people who wanna do dabs and herbs both:

kinoosh

I've heard some really good things about the TKO and would consider that one to be top tier right now. the other's I've seen that look really nice are the ones created by FC members like Zeal or Phase3. I've heard that the double decker is more of a novelty because ideal flower and wax temps are different, but I've never tried.
I kind of figured it was a novelty but who knows??

The ball injector head has not been released for this yet, but for people who wanna do dabs and herbs both:
Yeah I actually have the dab ready already, am itching for the terp hammer (runaway train) to come out but it's not here yet and I don't see any signs of the coming out by 4:20

felvapes

Any recommendations?
For an out the box ti head the mini is the most affordable - but also has performance that is hard to beat
The thicker walls actually help keep the rubys at temp like a heat bank and helps the coil recover
My video shows it next to a Taroma lite and the even extraction and thorough extraction is very noticeable compared to the Tlite dark crust on top and lighter underneath
Heat penetration is much better with the mini

The zirc zeal is the next one I'm going to buy when available for the flavour possibilities, although the mini is doing good things in that area for me too

RedZep

It does, yes. The ironic thing is, the CL is a big hitter for a log because of its power and the 14mm heater size. But, like any log, it can scale down for direct hits, one-hit/cleanups, etc. If you check out some of the vids in the thread, you will see that there's no lack of power in terms of chalking glass, for instance. It's really versatile and can handle small hits at low temp or big lungfuls through water. I would guess that it has a wider range of use than many logs because of all the reserve power.

That said, the Z8 is better at doing its primary job--full, flavorful, cool bong hits--but that's not from any lack the CL suffers, it's just that the Z8 is purpose-designed and is that good. They both excel in their categories.
That's settled then. I want both :rofl:

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
I think this thread has a lot of great options mentioned already, but I would say it really depends on what you are optimizing for. I'd keep my eye on the Zirconia heads mentioned above (ZX, Z8, Zeal). I don't have them but I have heard great things at how they operate, flavor, and lower temps.

I've been digging the SS Zeal and ZX lately. I think there i something special about stainless steel over titanium for me. It imparts less metal flavor IMO and I think it dumps heat into the rubies more efficiently. The SS Zeal would work fine for double deckers, depending on the concentrate, though I have not tried it yet.

I've never tried any qaroma heads but they seem neat too. I have seen praise for the TKO but I don't know specifically what makes it good.

Also, of course I love my Atlas, Couchlog, and Zenith!
That SS zeal hits like a dump truck don't it

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
That SS zeal hits like a dump truck don't it
The thing that strikes me is how much faster I get vapor from the Zeal than the B1. My natural draw is very slow and even so it doesn't rip heat off the head quickly. With the FP, I get great vapor but it arrives about midway or later through my inhale. With the Zeal it is INSTANT. I'm not sure if it is the materials, the shape, the diffuser or the extra rubies. But it is impressive.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
The thing that strikes me is how much faster I get vapor from the Zeal than the B1. My natural draw is very slow and even so it doesn't rip heat off the head quickly. With the FP, I get great vapor but it arrives about midway or later through my inhale. With the Zeal it is INSTANT. I'm not sure if it is the materials, the shape, the diffuser or the extra rubies. But it is impressive.
YES!!
That was literally the first thing that ran through my mind when I hit it, it gets thick milky vapor LONG LONG before any of my other units do, now this is my only diffuser so I had assumed that was just how they functioned

I have been using it on my j hook alot as I love how you get this almost too terpy hit that makes my nose run and my eyes water with 1 big rip
If you haven't used this on a j hook yet you really need to

felvapes

@felvapes did you get the bowl without the glass screen? Since most of us use ss screen anyway on top of the built in one, I think the new design (the one with only the the ledge) would improve airflow.
Yes it's a brilliant bowl
I used the 29mm screens they have for the xl bowls too
I'm doing this for all my bowls now, much better performance and easier maintenance

Form fit and edge around a male joint
It has side walls now that friction fit it in place even through the us cleaner
The walls raise the flat part so it's at the perfect height for the baller head exit
Also it raises the flat part off the floor/lip and give better airflow through the edges and better performance

Best glass bowls I have used atm
I'm also loving using the Tlite body as a bowl
I won't use as a baller now coz it isn't as good, but as a bowl it's brilliant
The thin walls mean you don't need to heatsoak and you get perfect even avb
Works better than my proper ti bowls with thicker walls

img20230404221620-jpg.45392

Top Bottom