**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

Texus

And don't sleep on the factor of how likely an injector style vape is to get stuck in Injector bowls. From eyeballing it I've always worried about that for the Freight Train. And now you can see this in the Freight Train section of this EOY Vapefiend video (multiple examples minutes 25 & 26).

ChooChooCharlie

And don't sleep on the factor of how likely an injector style vape is to get stuck in Injector bowls. From eyeballing it I've always worried about that for the Freight Train. And now you can see this in the Freight Train section of this EOY Vapefiend video (multiple examples minutes 25 & 26).

The Vapefiend folks are not using the nice stock FT glass injector bowl

The one they are using even looks frosted, not a good choice

I'd bet if they used any injector vape in this glass, the FT would stick the least -- because of the fins unique to FT which reduce potential sticking contact area

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

I'd bet if they used any injector vape in this glass, the FT would stick the least -- because of the fins unique to FT which reduce potential sticking contact area
My FP B1 and my Atlas never stick in any bowl. Sometimes the bowl sticks in the joint though. A frosted joint does seem more likely to grab, but that would be a weird choice if you ask me. Lots of good non-frosted options in 18 an 14mm.

ChooChooCharlie

Yes...

But, even if either one of us can't compare directly about injector sticking issues, (other than mega vape collectors)

Doesn't it seem logical that the less contact area, the less sticking

Why else would Brian design those fins?
Sure it's more costly
hope readers see my point .... and why I had a reaction to the Vapefiend vid

LesPlenty

Company Rep
reduce potential sticking contact area
Sometimes the bowl sticks in the joint
Oh, yeah exactly, those rings around a straight tube, instead of the bulb when it doesn't have a carb, these look so great!!
An electric razor or toothbrush with a wrap or 2 of paper towel on it placed against the stuck joint will usually rattle it apart. A hot water soak first may also help to loosen the rosin/reclaim grip!
Why else would Brian design those fins?
They look nice!

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
An electric razor or toothbrush with a wrap or 2 of paper towel on it placed against the stuck joint will usually rattle it apart. A hot water soak first may also help to loosen the rosin/reclaim grip!

They look nice!

I think you quoted me by mistake here from the roffu thread lol

Texus

Yeah but I've got enough Injector bowls that I like (@VGOODIEZ injector/passthru combo for example) that I'd rather not get a baller that only fits well in its own bowls.

If course less of a concern for anyone without preexisting potentially compatible gear.

But from afar, this and the extra mass in that long WPA end would be my concerns about the Freight Train. Those lower mass styles like B0 and Taroma Lite are getting a good following.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I like the all-glass route but not the number of fines going into my bong so I find myself using metal mesh screens on top of the glass holes. Those mesh screens would be a lot less painful with those retainers gripping them that some sellers offer now.

Yes exactly, it's really tricky to find the right screens for the right bowls, these new ones have the slot for the flat screen just like the elev8 only perhaps better with less of a flair so more even extraction... Furthermore with enough variety of screens like I have now, I've been able to use some honeycomb, one revived from GVB and his bowls fortunately tend to fit 3/4 inch screens pretty well again with a variety of sourced screens depending on the exact glass and screen variance... If you have 18-18 you might be able to fit a rimmed basket screen in the bottom to catch debris by the way, but I still feel like I need a screen on top, otherwise stuff is going right into the honeycombs, so I don't really like those bowls... If you truly chunk grind or have whole nugs it is fine, I just always feel like I'm going to need to grind anyway for my preferences with these

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Low mass with an efficient heat exchanger, that's where the future is. That's why the b0 and t lite are enjoyed so much. The inversion designs are the forerunners and I think desktops will slowly migrate to that philosophy. We've been using low mass heaters in portables for ages, it seems odd that we don't bother with efficiency when we are tethered to a power outlet to me.

RedZep

Low mass with an efficient heat exchanger, that's where the future is. That's why the b0 and t lite are enjoyed so much. The inversion designs are the forerunners and I think desktops will slowly migrate to that philosophy. We've been using low mass heaters in portables for ages, it seems odd that we don't bother with efficiency when we are tethered to a power outlet to me.
Could you expand. What are these inversion designs? Are you referring to all ball vapes?

Or are you saying ball vapes are not efficient and it's odd considering we are tethered to a power outlet?

I'm not trying to be confrontational I just don't understand you, and you seem to have valuable insight here.

RedZep,
Reactions: Cheebsy

coolbreeze

Could you expand. What are these inversion designs? Are you referring to all ball vapes?

Or are you saying ball vapes are not efficient and it's odd considering we are tethered to a power outlet?

I'm not trying to be confrontational I just don't understand you, and you seem to have valuable insight here.
I think he means the Z8s, specifically, but here's the process leading to the low-mass, high-surface area Inv1.8:

Inverted explains his thought process an goals, essentially he was driving toward efficiency in consumption and performance. It's forward-looking, and others will follow.

Vaporware

My Z8 easily outperforms my larger and heavier ShowerHead and VRod at much lower temps. Mass is clearly not the main thing we should be looking for.

I’d be curious to compare it to other ball vapes, but as much as I like some of the people making them, I really don’t feel the need to buy any of the others anymore… :shrug:

coolbreeze

I'm not positive but I think the GTR is also low-mass, high-surface area too. My understanding is that the mesh (providing nothing but surface area) would heat continuously as air was being pulled through, negating the need for heat-retaining mass such as balls.

Ionlyknowvape

AN & 4wks of Hydroponic BudSwell (2 more weaks)
having the TKOv2 vs Taroma, I agree whole heartedly that a heavy housing mass actually hinders the immediate heat transfer by absorbing some of the calories. The TKO has a great size media cavity, thin wall housing and rips the smoothest so far. oh yeah, tastes great

Cheebsy

Microbe minion

I'm not exclusively referring to ball vapes, but the released inVersion models have been so far.

I'm saying that most ball vapes are a hunk of material in the body with some balls in a chamber to act as the heat exchanger. Remove most of that material in the body and the heat source, the coil in this case, has less to do to come to temp, and it can react quicker to temp changes. We don't need to rely on the body as heat storage, the coils are powerful and can react quickly with a PID, but the design has to allow for that. The geometry of the body is another consideration but that's starting to get more complicated other than trying to reduce the distance between heater and load.

I didn't think you were being confrontational at all mate, 👍

GoldenBud

I think InverZion is somehow between Herborizer and Glass Symphony XLR by combining mass+airflow+velocity+area (combining the equations Q=Mdot*CP*DT + Q=U*A*DT so Mdot is mass per sec, A for surface area, U for velocity and airflow)

GTR, Alpha, CouchLog, pretty mass low mass i think...comapring to GS/Verdamper/Supreme/Herborizer/Z8

GoldenBud,
Reactions: cosimo
Top Bottom