**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

RedZep

I'm not exclusively referring to ball vapes, but the released inVersion models have been so far.

I'm saying that most ball vapes are a hunk of material in the body with some balls in a chamber to act as the heat exchanger. Remove most of that material in the body and the heat source, the coil in this case, has less to do to come to temp, and it can react quicker to temp changes. We don't need to rely on the body as heat storage, the coils are powerful and can react quickly with a PID, but the design has to allow for that. The geometry of the body is another consideration but that's starting to get more complicated other than trying to reduce the distance between heater and load.

I didn't think you were being confrontational at all mate, 👍
Well explained. Thank you.

I don't yet have a ball vape, but sometimes I use the og FP weedeater. It's lack of temperature agility is something I dislike a lot. So I agree with the sentiment.

You have helped me decide between B0 and FT pro also. B0 has less mass, which will suit my temp stepping preference.

I will look into this Inversion vape also.

Cereal4dinner

Well explained. Thank you.

I don't yet have a ball vape, but sometimes I use the og FP weedeater. It's lack of temperature agility is something I dislike a lot. So I agree with the sentiment.

You have helped me decide between B0 and FT pro also. B0 has less mass, which will suit my temp stepping preference.

I will look into this Inversion vape also.
So give. All this…. Which ball vape should I buy lol??

Cereal4dinner,
Reactions: LesPlenty

coolbreeze

So give. All this…. Which ball vape should I buy lol??
Start with your price range; forget any you may have a sensitivity to (some folks are allergic to Titanium); consider if/how you'd like to do concentrates.

The good thing is, all of them are so powerful that power's a hardly a concern. On the low end, potential issues could be quality of cheap coils/PIDs and the quality of your own build, should you do one.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Where you live in this world may help you decide...some want more for shipping than a cheap Ti baller from Aliexpress.
If I was in the US I believe the B0 would be on my Auber right now.
As far as coil quality, the only coil I have had die completely was a US$90 DNail version, all my $20-40 Chinese-sourced coils are still working fine.

Cereal4dinner

Start with your price range; forget any you may have a sensitivity to (some folks are allergic to Titanium); consider if/how you'd like to do concentrates.

The good thing is, all of them are so powerful that power's a hardly a concern. On the low end, potential issues could be quality of cheap coils/PIDs and the quality of your own build, should you do one.
Money is no option.. but I love getting my value. I have a mini nail already so don’t want the b2, it’s all down to the freight train pro, fp b1 or the fp b0.

I want best flavour, vapor production, ease of use, even roast on the herb, best pid, best design

Cereal4dinner,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Texus

Money is no option.. but I love getting my value. I have a mini nail already so don’t want the b2, it’s all down to the freight train pro, fp b1 or the fp b0.

I want best flavour, vapor production, ease of use, even roast on the herb, best pid, best design
I'd personally add the O'Connell TKO to that list. A lot of flexibility and nice design decisions. Lovely modular system OWW has put together. And don't sleep on how well OWW coil fits on the TKO.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

Just out of curiosity, why those? You listed flavor the first. I would expect that quartz or ceramic would produce a better flavor. Have you considered Qaroma or Inverted's new Z8? I don't own either of those but I do have a FP B1 and it is excellent but not at the top for flavor.

Does it have to be coil and PID driven? My CC Atlas gives a fantastic flavor. It can definitely check all the other boxes as well as the FP.

Anyway I think you will like all of those you have picked. Have fun!

Last edited:

Texus

Just out of curiosity, why those? You listed flavor the first. I would expect that quartz or ceramic would produce a better flavor. Have you considered Qaroma or Inverted's new Z8? I don't own either of those but I do have a FP B1 and it is excellent but not at the top for flavor.

Does it have to be coil and PID driven? My CC Atlas gives a fantastic flavor. It can definitely check all the other boxes as well as the FP.

Anyway I think you like all of those you have picked. Have fun!
And some non-baller designs may work out better for flavor. Thinking Herborizer and Halo (yes some balls but some consider it a hybrid at best due to less balls and halogen heat source) here.

But you aren't going to get the same milky whitewall with those. Which is a tradeoff you will need to accept either way.

Texus,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
If a cheap bastard was going to use a metal ashtray for a ball vape stand/holder, what size would he get?

Just be aware, metal might not be the best choice. You PID is going to try and automatically keep your SET temperature up to a point.
For example, if you put it down on a huge metal conducting stand, or ashtray, it cools off the coil, and the PID ups the temperature, essentially the controller tries to heat up that next object too. I park my B1 non-injector WeedEater on a glass stand, but a ceramic or glass ash tray would be better then metal.

yeswecann

Just be aware, metal might not be the best choice. You PID is going to try and automatically keep your SET temperature up to a point.
For example, if you put it down on a huge metal conducting stand, or ashtray, it cools off the coil, and the PID ups the temperature, essentially the controller tries to heat up that next object too. I park my B1 non-injector WeedEater on a glass stand, but a ceramic or glass ash tray would be better then metal.
THANK YOU! I totally overlooked the conduction aspect and how the PID would react. Would this style be okay, given only a small portion of the coil in the handle makes contact?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
THANK YOU! I totally overlooked the conduction aspect and how the PID would react. Would this style be okay, given only a small portion of the coil in the handle makes contact?

Yes, the wand portion stays pretty cool even relatively close to the actual heater coil, and the thin aluminum stand will act a bit like a heat sink. Just always be careful you or a pet doesn’t get close, get burned or knocked over. Good luck!

GratefulDread

I'm using a glass candle holder I found at the dollar store for 1$
Working great so far!

52592355722_2faa1be29c_b.jpg
52592355712_7e42cf852e_b.jpg

Hippie

Or convert an old mug (cup or bowl .... ) like this

Or an old ashtray
Or a pipe stand ashtray
Or a soldering iron stand

Or repurpose a spoon rest .....

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I'm using a glass candle holder I found at the dollar store for 1$
Owning a ball vape makes market walking with the finance minister a little more bearable when I have stuff to look at maybe upcycled for vaping (old sugar bowls etc).
Also thought one of these might for a smaller headed baller, it says 2 ways to use it but I have a couple more ideas!
s-l1600.jpg

Look for...Ceramic Mountain Waterfall Smoke Backflow Incense Burner Censer Holder or similar.

RedZep

Anyone used a ball injector vape with a Sticky Brick type device?

I noticed O'Connel Woodworks designed his TKO to pair with some of his butane devices. Really makes me wonder what the experience is like.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Anyone used a ball injector vape with a Sticky Brick type device?

I noticed O'Connel Woodworks designed his TKO to pair with some of his butane devices. Really makes me wonder what the experience is like.
I have tried my Sticky Bricks with my Atlas and CouchLog. The Atlas can sit on the bowl directly and a 14mm joint fits in the SB intake o-ring.
PXL-20221221-181542234-2.jpg
Off-topic for the thread, but I thought I would answer that.
I thought it was fun but not my favorite. I have not tried it yet with my Flowerpot.

RedZep

I have tried my Sticky Bricks with my Atlas and CouchLog. The Atlas can sit on the bowl directly and a 14mm joint fits in the SB intake o-ring.

I thought it was fun but not my favorite. I have not tried it yet with my Flowerpot.
Is the vapour just too hot using a ball vape with no water and short path?

howie105

Is the vapour just too hot using a ball vape with no water and short path?
I use this ELEV8R baller with a DIY adapter on this j-hook, with small loads .06 g to .1 g it is fine at lowish temperatures. With the stock glass bowl, the j-hook is good with loads up to .35 g at low to medium temperatures 320 f to 385 f. Once the load weight and temperatures run up to maximums, the j-hook starts being a bit too short for my tastes.

Top Bottom